InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ It's my Life ❯ The village: Part 2 ( Chapter 38 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
The fresh air felt quite pleasant on his face, and Daigon’s groaning was music to his ears. Sesshomaru wasn’t even going to try to deny that the large, red hand print that now sat in the center of the healers face, and nearly engulfed his entire head, did not bring him a certain amount of…pleasure.

“You know…for someone who is asleep, he certainly fights well enough.” Daigon groused.

That was certainly the truth…with how the boy had grabbed and flailed about, one would swear he had to be awake. Yet within slumber Inuyasha remained, and he had been even less inclined to release Sesshomaru then the last time. Daigon had caught an open hand right the face, Sesshomaru’s own tail had been thoroughly yanked, and in the end he had been forced to tangle Inuyasha up in his own fluff just to get away.

Inuyasha also wasn’t the least bit hesitant about playing dirty, whimpering and whining in ways that dropped guilt upon his elder brother like a anvil.

But Sesshomaru was no free, and reminded himself that he could not remain in bed for the next few weeks till Inuyasha awoke to attempt to stave off said guilt. He had needs to attend to after all, a belly to fill, and clothing to procure.

The wind shifted then, bringing with it all the scents of the forest…and with those scents was the one clearly marked to him.

Food.

It made Sesshomaru’s mouth water in spite of himself, and his stomach growled angrily.

“This Sesshomaru goes to hunt.” He whispered.

“Find Daigon when you return…there should be clothing ready.” The healer informed.

Sesshomaru heard him, but was already on the move. His teeth ached to bury themselves into warm flesh, his claws straining forward with excitement.

The forest grew still as he entered, apex predator chiming in the inhabitants collective awareness’s. A rustle whispered off to his side and he launched himself towards it.

No where to run, no where to hide….he would have his fill.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The taste of crisp, clean spring water was delightful, and Sesshomaru drank greedily from the source. His belly was full, another delightful feeling in light of recent days.

With hunger and thirst abated he had to chide himself for not preserving the furs. They could have proven useful…but what had not been shredded whilst he had been gripped by the beast, had been simply swallowed with the rest. Which would prove interesting once his digestive process ran its course but for now…he was content.

The warm sun and soft breeze felt almost sinful upon his skin, and he was content to simply lie back and enjoy the simple pleasure after having endured so much. His back where Tetsusaiga had blasted the flesh from his body was still tender, but had returned to its unmarred marble white state.

All this was foolish of course, as he had many an issue awaiting for him back at the castle, and Inuyasha’s own needs to attend to, but for the moment he only wished to be a simple creature.

Inuyasha was alive and well, Naraku was now so much fetid rot. All in all he felt he had earned a break.

Yet in the back of his mind there remained a niggling doubt that all was not well with Inuyasha, as he had never heard of such a transformation like the one Inuyasha had gone through occurring. If only he could have been there, to witness it with his very eyes. Perhaps then things would make more sense….but for the moment he knew what his senses were telling him.

Inuyasha was a true blooded Daiyoukai.

How and why would need to be answered of course, and Sesshomaru could not help but wonder just want Inuyasha’s reaction to this new development would be. Not to mention how it might change things between them, hurling their terribly fragile balance completely off once more.

Yet it could also would in his favor. Inuyasha would need him after all, need him in the same way he had needed their Father. As a guide, and a teacher, that he would be for the boy. To train Inuyasha, to help him discover and unlock the uniqueness within his blood. Someone would have to do it after all…and logically that someone was him.

The concern that Inuyasha was not healthy despite appearance remained however. After all that had been the trend throughout all this entire mess had it not? It made sense, as much as anything could anyway.

Still…until otherwise apparent he could only treat this to be just as it seemed. His baby brother had reached his first milestone, his first cycle of power. The very thought pleased him, a strange excitement to be sure. But he was looking forward to proceeding, even if he did not quite understand why.

Sesshomaru was drawn out of his ruminations by the fingers that he did not remember dipping into the water snagging a small fish. A bit surprised at his own absentminded prowess Sesshomaru brought the struggling creature impaled upon his claws up for inspections.

Hmm…well one more treat couldn’t hurt.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sesshomaru found himself chafing under human eyes as soon as he entered the so called village. He did not like being so bare to the unworthy, did not like it at all. To the point that had these people not been under Inuyasha’s protection…they all would have found their lowly eyes plucked out before the day had passed..

Fortunately Daigon had been easily located, and with him came a set of clothing…or so the healer had said.

“What…is this?” Sesshomaru grumbled as he held the garment up for inspection.

“Something to cover yourself with.” Daigon answered.

Well that was about all it was. The workmanship was poor, the material thick and heavy, hardly of high quality either. Then there was the design…oh the design.

It had clearly been modeled upon, and thus looked nearly exactly like, Inuyasha’s fire rat robes.
Only it was purple.

Deep. Plum. Purple.

Sesshomaru looked at the monstrosity before him, then back to Daigon, displeasure clearly written upon his face. Rolling his eyes and tossing his hands up into the air Daigon exasperatingly forced out.

“It was hard enough getting someone willing to craft from scratch clothing for someone your size, who would also accept belated payment as none of us currently have a single coin!”

“Why…purple? This purple?”

“Because it’s regal.”

“It is hideous! This Sesshomaru should not resemble a giant plum!”

The healer wore a look of pure disbelief, his common roots betraying him clearly.

“It is better then nothing!” He chided.

“It is…unnecessary.” Sesshomaru informed after a moments thought. “Now that this Sesshomaru has awakened we may return to the castle.”

“And  just how are we supposed to accomplish that?” Daigon inquired, crossing his arms expectantly.

“I will carry Inuyasha, while you, Rin, Tren, and Alir will ride Ah-Un.” Sesshomaru stated.

“Uh huh…you’re somehow going to carry that giant, clingy brick, and maintain enough concentration for your cloud? Riiight…this one would like to see that managed.”

Hn…that was something of a point. Well then….Sesshomaru opened his mouth, but Daigon halted his voice with a simple upraised palm. “And don’t say we will all ride that dragon…there is nowhere near enough room. Especially if that giant starts squirming. Face it milord…we’re stuck here till he wakes.”

“I could always leave you three here.” Sesshomaru groused.

“Ah yes…leave your castle’s most experienced healer behind while your previously poor health brother defies all known demonic biology by practically subverting nature and death itself via a transformation never before seen or documented. You simply are a bundle of wonderful ideas today as not even the most wizened tactician could ever find a flaw there.” Daigon shot back.

Sesshomaru started at the healer for a long, hard moment.

“….Leave, so this Sesshomaru may dress.”

Daigon offered a small bow, along with another roll of the eyes, before exiting.

“God damn healer is getting so god damn mouth all the god damn time.” Sesshomaru grumbled in a most unlordly way as he tugged the clothing on, grimacing at the feel of human fabric against his superior skin. Who spun such a thing? What spun it? What was the thread count?

Atrocious.

So course and dull….and not a single hint of luster. Ancestors save him…he was expected to wear this near sack? If he simply killed off all the dirty humans then he could go bare and not have to sully himself like this.

He paused….it was a thought…but no, Inuyasha was fond of those  people. Well…some of them anyway, and with his horrid luck as of late he would kill Inuyasha’s favorite mud slapper and have to spend the next century dealing with a vengeful, rotten temper.

Plus some of the human’s did have offspring, one’s Rin had no doubt already drafted as playmates. Without parents they would all starve or start eating their own excrement…or each other or whatever the hell humans did, and then there would be no one left to play a rousing human game of who can fit the most rocks in their mouths or whatever else their tiny sub-intellects could devise.

Though he  swore if he caught Rin with detritus of any sort in his mouth that did not somehow belong there….heads WOULD roll.

So he would have to wear the damn thing after all.

Well…at least it fit, small wonder at that. What probably passed as a mirror in human hovels sat to his right, and so he turned to look upon himself and…sweet gods!

It was ghastly!

Solid purple?!

What had that human been thinking?! Had none them of them ever heard of simple color matching? Of breaking up solids so now did not appear as a…a…a giant plum!?

Purple…regal…bah! A line of gold certainly wouldn’t hurt…perhaps some trim….

Another indignity to be suffered…their supply seemed unending these days.

He was actually concerned about any sort of movement beyond basic at all. Could such inferior fabric handle the strength of his pure body? Or would it simple shred off of him the moment he flexed his grace?

A few tentative steps went well enough, and he wasn’t about to mill about in some human hovel all day. Again came the stares as he moved out into the open, but he hardly paid them any mind. He had grown used to being the center of attention  when he had been a boy, thought admittedly this was far more annoying.

He supposed it could not be helped. Such lowly life forms had likely never gazed upon a creature of his superior splendor.

Even if his clothing was ghastly.

Daigon was easy enough to spot despite the crowd. The bubbly elemental stood some distance away, chatting with some human by the look of it. Annoying, but he supposed it would be more convenient for him to have Daigon be his intermediary with the humans.

There would be time for…socializing later however. Right now they needed to gauge where Inuyasha was within his cycle, which would help determine when he would awaken, and then make the necessary arrangements.

The hunger would roil through Inuyasha, requiring more then a simple meal. Sesshomaru would need to hurt, but stockpiling simply wasn’t an option just yet. The fresher the better was the proper rule of thumb and too soon before Inuyasha awoke and it would spoil. Too late and there would not be enough…and that would be a problem.

Whether Inuyasha rose with a roar or a whimper was impossible to at any point in all this however. He would be weak with hunger yes but that did not mean that he would wait to be fed. He could very well seek out what his body demanded and if that happened then everyone would be in danger. Meat was meat after all, and in a primal state of mind Inuyasha would not care.
Father had long teased him after he had apparently nearly eaten a visiting ambassador. Sesshomaru had no recollection of the event…but Inu-Taisho had certainly liked to tell that tale.

The woman whom Daigon was speaking to seemed ill at ease with his approaching presence, her eyes flicking towards him nervously, and she quickly bade a farewell as he approached. Fair enough…saved him the trouble of dismissing her. But again before he could open his mouth, the healer started in.

“The elder Kaede has requested to speak with you over our stay here. She is a friend of Inuyasha’s and is concerned with his wellbeing.”

Sesshomaru took a moment to absorb Daigon’s words, and at the end only one thought occurred to him. This was to matter to him why?

He didn’t even know why they had come here in the first place. He had a vague recollection of the Miko and an urge to beat her, but other then that….Apparently his thoughts must have been displayed within his eyes because Daigon then released a long suffering sigh and pinched at the bridge of his nose. “It would not kill you to be civil…or  at the very least diplomatic. You do know how.”

No…no it would not. But that did not change the fact that they were human, and thus barely worthy of notice most of the time. He supposed he could play nice yes, but honestly…did they expect some form of gratitude? He could simply kill them all for their disobedience after all. But that would get messy…and if he recalled correctly Inuyasha did not like the scent of spilt human blood. The air would be thick with it if he simply slaughtered the lot, which could disturb Inuyasha….so that simply would not do.

Sesshomaru began to speak once more when the slayer came barreling  in suddenly.

“Daigon! It is happening again!” She croaked, clearly out of breath.

Daigon uttered a foul curse and the two of them took off towards another hut, leaving Sesshomaru standing there alone. To say that he Daiyoukai was unaccustomed to being ignored and abandoned would be a grave understatement.

Flush with irritation Sesshomaru locked his jaw to prevent himself from grinding his teeth. What  could possibly be so important that it warranted such disrespect to someone of his stature?

The only thing he could think of was Inuyasha’s health, which could not be the issue was they were going in the opposite direction. His irritation only grew as he stood there. He refused to follow them like  some needy pup, and he certainly was not going to be seen running off after them either.

So the question was; how much time needed to pass before he could retrieve the healer? But even as he pondered such trivialities he felt the weight of staring eyes once more. If he remained where he was for a time the fools would undoubtedly wonder why he was standing here. He cared not for what they thought, fools that could not understand the simple  act of not wasting undue energy via pointless movement, but there was still the matter of obsessive eyes.

A man crying out in pain caught his attention. A slight twitch of his ear was all that was needed to track and pinpoint the sound…and surprise, surprise…it came from where the two disrespectful fops has run off. The cry was no simple pain either…something approaching agony had drawn it forth…curious.

With a reason to follow and a sigh Sesshomaru began moving. Had the healer bargained his services for their stay? Annoying and unnecessary but reasonable. Though it still was not cause for such rude behavior to ones Lord.

Another cry of pain rang out as Sesshomaru forced a certain gather of humans from his path with little more then a glare, taking something along the lines of child-like amusement from doing so, before ducking into the human hut.

“…were you thinking?!” Came Daigon’s angered shout.

“I told you! I was just trying to help!” Followed the Miko’s voice.

“By doing something this one expressly told you NOT to do?!” Daigon snapped. “You can’t purify him all at once! So it is clearly a useless gesture! But on top of that you are making things worse!”

“Please…” Came an elderly voice. “Kagome means well.”

“Then she mean’s well feebly!” Daigon growled. “Do you want your friend to die?”

Following the voices Sesshomaru came upon the a whole group. Daigon, the old Miko, the slayer, Tren, Alir, Inuyasha’s Miko, and in the center of it all…the Monk.

The young monk thrashed and cried out in pain, lurching forward to heave into a bucket, completely oblivious to the drama occurring above him. His sweaty, naked back was exposed as he emptied his belly, and what Sesshomaru saw there drew a vicious snarl from him.

Upon the monk’s back sat the growing brown scar of Naraku’s spider.

In a second his claws were out, hands tingling with his surging venom. If that vile hanyou thought to survive within the monk….then friend of Inuyasha’s or not the monk would simply have to die.

Eyes turned to him of course, even the fevered, unfocused eyes of the man he was about to kill. How curious that in this, he could not be ignored. He would be quick however, the man had earned an easy death through his actions. But his body would not be spared the caustic rage of Sesshomaru’s poison.

“Hold him.” Daigon ordered as he went for something.

Tren and Alir obeyed, though they kept one wary eye upon the approaching Sesshomaru.

Sesshomaru however did not care either way, he knew very well what needed to be done. But something gave him pause, a rare event at that. More specifically; the jar that Daigon produced. Despite the casual seal within the contents he could smell various herbs, something alchemical…but the majority…blood.

His blood.

Now that was curious…

He did remember Daigon requesting his blood he and Inuyasha….had their tryst. But Daigon had not taken that much surely….certainly not enough for two jars. As he watched Daigon also produced a length wood enforced cloth tube with a wide mouth.

With Alir pining his body, and Tren holding his head still, the monk could not stave off Daigon from forcing his mouth open to carefully insert the tube. The monk gagged as it slid into his throat, but Tren held him firm and still. Once fully inserted Daigon did something that Sesshomaru should have expected, but surprised him nonetheless.

He poured the entire jar into the wide mouth. The crimson liquid flowed straight down into the monk’s belly, and after a few moments out came the tube, and in came Daigon’s clamping hand over the monk’s mouth, forcing his head back at the same time the man began to wretch. Interesting…using gravity and force to keep the man from vomiting the solution back up. Well one could never accuse Daigon of not being creative with his methods if need be.

It took a moment, but soon the monk’s eyes rolled back as the reaction started. For Inuyasha, a hanyou, Sesshomaru’s blood had been liquid fire in his veins. But for this human Miroku, Sesshomaru could only imagine how it had to feel to have such generational distilled power seeping into his system.

The monk thrashed and kicked, much as he was able to in Alir’s  powerful grip. But the fact that Alir had to exert effort to restrain a human said much about the experience.

Then the screaming started.

Not quite pain but certainly not pleasure. To be honest Sesshomaru was surprised the human continued to live, withstanding the potency of his pure blood.

But then again it was not “pure” as Daigon had clearly mixed it with other unknowns, diluting it perhaps. So here was cause…now where was effect?

Sesshomaru’s unasked question was soon answered as the monk shuttered violently for a moment, then went limp. Ever so slowly Alir released him, and with his back still exposed Sesshomaru watched as the spider scar slowly began to disappear, the monk’s flesh visually devouring it.

So that was why…interesting.

Well barring the question of how Daigon had come up with the idea, and knew it would work, there still was much to account for. A fact he conveyed with one steely glare. One that seemed effective as the healer winced and ducked his head.

With patience he certainly did not feel Sesshomaru waited as Daigon checked over the now prone human, the slayer hovering and glaring at the elemental. With a simple slight jerk of his head Sesshomaru dismissed the two guards, who in turn seemed quite eager to do just that.

Perhaps sensing the tension in the air the elder miko cleared her throat and stepped forward.

“Perhaps the coming discussion should take place elsewhere. Miroku requires much rest.”

Sesshomaru was not keen on any delays but on the basis of less distractions being choice, allowed himself to be lead to another human hovel entirely. Daigon hung back with his patient, but vowed to quickly follow after a flashing glare from Sesshomaru.

To that point, once inside the newest human hovel, which looked no different from the last, Sesshomaru positioned himself directly in from of the entrance, eyes fixed as he awaited his prey. Everything else was ignored. The elder miko’s attempts to converse, the younger’s chiding of him being rude, along with her pestering about Inuyasha. All else was irrelevant.

But Daigon was an old creature, and his time within Sesshomaru’s service had been anything but brief.

“You said that you wanted him saved.” Daigon declared as he burst into the room, cleanly subverting Sesshomaru’s prepared remarks.

Annoying little….

“He is host to Naraku’s flesh.” He instead growled.

“While that may be true.” The old woman stated. “Neither I nor Kagome can sense any trace of Naraku’s presence. His taint yes, but nothing of spirit.”

“Which means he is dead Sesshomaru.” Daigon pressed. “And even if he did linger, surely this monk with the power to battle him already, could purify himself.”

“And yet his mark appeared.” Sesshomaru pointed out.

“Well…as this one came upon it, and the kit supplied later, Miroku used some sort of devouring tunnel to consume large amounts of this Naraku’s flesh, presumably to keep the beast from healing himself. However there were rips and tears within it, and enough connection to Miroku’s flesh that some bits managed their way into his blood. It is trying to take him over, but as you saw it can be combated.”

“So…its like Naraku is an infection and Sesshomaru’s blood are antibiotics?” Kagome asked.

“Yes…sure…whatever.” Daigon muttered dismissively. “The point is that without treatment, while Miroku will not become this Naraku, he would become like him in the flesh.”

“This Sesshomaru will not allow Naraku to return in any fashion.” Sesshomaru vowed.

“But if Miroku keeps drinking the…blood…ew…well he wont!” Kagome insisted.

“Perhaps…but this Sesshomaru is not a cow to be milked.” He growled.

While he felt the monk had earned a point of respect, this was asking far too much. To have a human feeding off of his power like a leech…no…no he would not be sullied as such. “Especially not for the remainder of this human’s life. A quick death will be offered.”

That much would show his favor…it was far more then he had ever granted for another human. One that was not named Rin that was.

“You’d just kill him so you don’t have to be a blood donor?” Kagome snapped. “How cold are you?! He’s our friend! He helped beat Naraku!”

Sesshomaru bristled at the audacity.

“Well this one imagines that Inuyasha’s blood would work just as well.” Daigon chimed in. “At least until we return to the castle and perhaps another solution can be devised.”

Sesshomaru was not pleased by the sound of that either. Inuyasha  was no more a potion producer then he was. But he knew if the boy decided to do so, and he could just bet that Inuyasha would, then he could not really stop his sibling from doing so. Even trying to do so would undoubtedly cause strife between them.

‘This Sesshomaru knows him not.” Sesshomaru began. “But would the monk prefer to live the rest of his life dependant upon demonic blood to survive?”

“It would not be permanent.” Daigon informed. “The mark is actually smaller this time around. While Daigon can not give you a time frame, he can state that the potion is not simply suppressing but instead destroying.”

Sesshomaru digested that tidbit. Whatever he ultimately decided would simply have to wait until Inuyasha’s awoke. He and the monk were friends, perhaps the closest friend Inuyasha had ever had, and thus the former hanyou would undoubtedly have an opinion. Which meant that he was going to have to lower himself to being an alchemical blood cow…for if the monk went too far and action had to be taken…somehow he just knew that Inuyasha would hold it against him. Even if he rendered onto to monk an honorable, painless death, Inuyasha would no doubt see it as an execution until he could be made to see reason. Something that could taken months or years, even decades perhaps, to occur.

Sesshomaru growled internally, not liking being boxed in so.

“To my reckoning it has been five days since you first asked of his Sesshomaru.” He started slowly. “Even if further treatment was not rendered whilst this Sesshomaru slept…that is still a frequent treatment to say the least.”

He would do what he had to do to keep the peace with his sibling, but he wanted it known that he did not like the implication of being drained every few days. More then that he wanted his actions solidified within the minds of all…for selfish purposes yes…but he wanted, if for this in spite of everything else he wanted….

He wanted Inuyasha’s gratitude.

But it was then, at that statement, that Daigon locked glaring eyes on the young miko.

“Well this one has been attempting to observe and record in order to establish a timeline for treatment, as it should not be an overly frequent occurrence…but someone keeps interfering.”

“I was trying to help!” Kagome huffed, her indigence plain to see.

“You’ve said that over and over!” Daigon snapped. “But if it did not work the first time, or the second…why in the hell would it work the  third time!?”

“I…I thought maybe I-” She began

“You thought, maybe this time…guesses and chance are not basis for medical care!” Daigon interrupted. “ All you have managed to do was diminish the only thing staving it off! And now this one’s supply of the main ingredient has been exhausted. So unless the only two high born Daiyoukai available are feeling uncharacteristically generous towards a lone human, your friend is dead where he lays!”

“Well its worth trying!” The slayer suddenly butted in. “Perhaps with both Kaede and Kagome, Miroku can be fully purified!”

“Again with the guesses!” Daigon chided. “Risking your friends life…for what?”

“It’s better then pouring demonic blood down his throat!” Sango fired back. “I’m surprised you having killed him!”

“Properly preparation and diluted accordingly.” Daigon stated. “Point. You hope your plan will succeed. This one knows his will.”

“How?” Sango snarled. “How do you know?!”

Sesshomaru’s head was beginning to pound again. Something told him that this was not a new argument. But at the same time he felt that the slayers question had a smidge of merit, as it was a ponderence of his own.

“Because this one has seen this sort of thing before.” Daigon declared.

Was that so? Interesting.

“Explain.” Sesshomaru stated.

Daigon sighed, crossing his arms as he switched his gaze to the ceiling.

“It was a rather long time ago. To be brief….during the last few years of Inu-Taisho’s adolescence we came upon a plan demon who was capable of duplicating himself through the use of others. Inu-Taisho slew him, but not before the demon sprayed the young prince and his three nearest companions with some manner of spores.” Daigon explained. “Within three days all had taken ill, and on the forth day two of them had begun to change. Within hours we found ourselves dealing with two of the bastard all over again. The third was worsening but still fighting it, yet Inu-Taisho was improving. On examination it was found that Inu-Taisho’s purer blood was treating ass if it were any other manner of intruder. The purity and strength of his blood managed to eradicate the spores in time. On suggestion this one prepared a similar potion with Inu-Taisho’s blood and within a few months the third recovered without incident.”

“This is completely different!” Sango insisted. “You don’t actually know anything!”

The healer visibly bristled at her accusation.

“This one has more knowledge to back up his technique then your HOPEFUL one!” He shot back.

“I think perhaps we are missing the true issue.” Kaede interrupted, perhaps attempting to calm the situation. “Perhaps the ultimate decision should be left to Miroku.”

“How’s he supposed to do that if he passes out after each time?” Kagome wondered aloud. “He probably doesn’t even know what is going on.”

“This on is not drugging him if that is what you are implying.” The healer spat. “The poison in his system nearly killed him. Beyond that there is damaged tissue and a weakened system. He is weak and needs rest. The treatments are simply overwhelming his human body.”

Clearly they were not going to get anywhere if this continued, and Sesshomaru wasn’t about to stand there and listen to any more bickering then he absolutely had to.

“Enough.” He barked. “The monk will continue Daigon’s treatments until such a time as he awakens and becomes mentally clear.”

Despite the finality in his tone he was unsurprised as objections were, and had to honestly wonder how Inuyasha ever got anything done around these people, but he swiftly cut them down. “It will be done or this Sesshomaru will kill him here and now.”

The old miko eyed him warily, but he was more focused on the slayer’s angry glare. She looked upset enough to do something foolish…and for Inuyasha’s sake Sesshomaru certainly hoped she would show some sense of self-preservation.

“But what about side effects?” Sango asked through clenched teeth. “I find it hard to believe that such a mix can be ingested without any effect.”

Sesshomaru did not answer as he turned away. As far as he was concerned enough time had been wasted on this.

“You will be at my brother’s location within the hour Daigon.” He stated firmly.

He did not wait for a reply before he left. Daigon knew better then to argue, and the human’s voices were easily ignored.

There would be effects yes…which was half of the reason Sesshomaru was not eager to offer his blood. But if Daigon felt it was needed, and that it would work, then he would do what he had to, to keep the monk alive till he could choose. After all if the monk chose death then Inuyasha could hardly blame him. Which meant he probably would anyway….but regardless it would be done if needed. He could only hope that such a choice could be made after Inuyasha had awoke, and thus could hear it himself. Perhaps that could deflect Inuyasha’s rage and bitterness away from him for a change.

After a quick check up on Rin to ensure that the other human children did not have her eating rocks or some other such barbarism, and being glared at all the while by a certain kitsune Sesshomaru arrived at Inuyasha’s resting place and was amused to find Daigon already there.

“Sprint here did you?” He teased.

“Hardly…” Daigon muttered. “With how easily that girl distracts you one could crawl and still arrive first.”

Sesshomaru would have taken exception to that…if not for the fact that he had perhaps lingered with Rin for longer then intended. Was it his fault she behaved as if he would parish if he did not follow her to the field of flowers she had found? One that he had already known was there by the scent of the wind alone yet was still absolutely imperative that she show him the way to it?

The ways of the Rin were nearly as mysterious as the ways of the Inuyasha. Fortunately they were filled with far less screaming and pain.

“Well now that you are here, perhaps you could-”

“-Already did…” Daigon interrupted.

Sesshomaru quirked an eyebrow. He found it hard to believe that he had dallied long enough for Daigon to fully examine his brother.

“And?”

“And…he appears to be a perfectly healthy Daiyoukai in the midst of a cycle.” Daigon informed.

“But he is what he appears?” Sesshomaru wondered.

“Can you smell any traces of human within him?” Daigon inquired.

“No.” Sesshomaru stated. “But how could this have happened? Perhaps magic of some sort?”

Black magic was something Sesshomaru knew little about. He had always strove to avoid it, disliking its premise and lack of honor. Claws and blades, teeth and fists…those were weapons to be used with pride.

Daigon rubbed the back of his neck, looking sheepish.

“Truthfully? This just might shape up to be the great mystery of your time.” The healer confessed. “This one has never even heard of such a thing. He died Sesshomaru…right upon the ground he breathed his last and took not another for  at least a quarter of an hour. If this is some sort of spell…it has never been seen before. Importantly as well…who would perform it? And why?”

Good questions all but…he had not been aware of a demise on Inuyasha’s part.

“He…died?” Sesshomaru murmured. “You are certain of this?”

Daigon sighed, rubbing tired eyes.

“His heart stopped, he neither took in air nor responded to touch, no matter how sharp. Then he….just came back.” Daigon explained. “He heaved in a great gasp from what had been still silence…and Daigon is sure you must have heard the screams.”

That he certainly had…nearly caused his heart to burst from worry.

“What brought that on?” He inquired, and then listened as Daigon explain the claws that had burst through fingers, the tail that had torn its way out of Inuyasha’s back, and on that Sesshomaru could certain sympathize. He remembered quite well how sore his backside had been all those years. But that was just that…his growth had taken years…not minutes.

As he pondered the implications he had to marvel that Inuyasha, only Inuyasha, could somehow manage one mind bending impossibility after another. The real question there of course was whether he did it solely for the cosmic purpose of stressing his poor, abused elder brother.

As silly as that sounded within his head…why not? It was just as plausible as anything else at this point.

“But he is healthy yes?” Sesshomaru asked.

“Well there is a limit to what this one can check for while he sleeps, and without the full range of his equipment but…he does seem so.” Daigon reported.

Sesshomaru caught Daigon’s tone, and his mood soured almost instantly.

“But that was the case before hand as well now wasn’t it.” He more told then asked.

Daigon nodded slowly, pursing his lips.

“Perhaps it will all depend on what happens when he awakens.” Daigon suggested.  

Sesshomaru felt his face twist into a scowl almost automatically, and Daigon gave him an apologetic look. “Daigon is not trying to sour things but he must again stress….that this is all nothing short of impossible. What has happened has never been seen, recorded, or even suggested. As such there is not model to predict upon, and any guesses at this point are simply that. “

Sesshomaru understood that…he did not like it, but he did understand it.

“Then all we can do is simply follow the course and see where it leads us.” He stated flatly.

Daigon nodded in agreement but appeared pensive. Such a look only increased the threat of another headache and Sesshomaru could not help but sigh. “Is there something else?”

Daigon rocked back and forth on his heels, lacing his fingers behind his head.

“Not so much cause for concern as…curiosity.” Daigon informed. “This entire situation is impossible as this one said. Still…his markings are…curious.”
Curious was no the word Sesshomaru would have used. Beautiful was more like it. Everything about them both caught and pleased his eye. Which was part of their biological function, so that was unsurprising.

“Something about them…troubles you?” He asked.

“Not so much troubles as…confuse.” Daigon confessed. “Let’s operate under the guise that understanding what he has become and why could prove critical.”

Sesshomaru nodded, mentally bracing himself. Daigon’s theorizing could be brutal…and time consuming. If this went as long as normal then they would need seating arrangements and meals delivered before long. Not that he would mind in this case, or had really every minded. Daigon was intelligent and generally thoughtful when he wasn’t being a prank happy spaz…something Sesshomaru was rarely able to indulge in these days.

‘Now…in the interests of keeping it simple we will focus on the combination of blood between parents.” Daigon began. “Now before when his form was that of a hanyou he possessed an even mix of youkai and human blood. This much was confirmed by sight and scent. Now…for whatever reason his human blood has withdrawn, seemingly vanishing completely or whatever the case may be, leaving him with only demonic blood. His Father’s in this case.”

Sesshomaru nodded, logical so far. He could also verify the utter lack of human scent within the boy, a feat which had never occurred before. Not even when Inuyasha’s youkai had rushed to the forefront, halting Sesshomaru’s charge and giving him pause all that time ago.

“Now…all children show traits from both parents, perhaps leaning more one way or the other, but demon’s are different then other species. They generally display traits based upon the…quantity of the blood mixture. This is why you more closely resemble your Mother, as your father, being a half breed of sorts himself, bequeathed you two equal thirds whilst she bestowed a pure half.” Daigon continued. “The same applied to Inuyasha. Even though his Father’s blood was undoubtedly stronger, it was his Mother’s human traits that shone through more heavily.”

Sesshomaru pondered that, and he had to admit it was not the first time the subject had occurred to him. It had been one of the things that had disgusted him so. The only overt trait Inuyasha had possessed had been his puppy dog ears. The golden eyes and silky silver hair would stand out among humans yes, but he did not see any reason it would scream demon. Even Inuyasha’s claws could be explained away as nothing more then overly long nails…until he brought them into use of course.

“Now again keeping things simple, let us remove his Mother’s blood completely from this theoretical model. Which would leave him with only Inu-Taisho’s blood, half and half no longer.” Daigon suggested. “Now…if all he had was Inu-Taisho’s blood then he would be the exact same mix as his Father, and thus should display the same traits. But he does not.”

“But having the same lineage as Father does not necessarily mean he would be identical.” Sesshomaru pointed out.

“Very true, but Daigon’s point is that he is displaying traits of a mix that he should not have.” The healer retorted. “The positions of his marks does match Western Inu, but the coloring and shape do not.”

“The jagged shape was much the same when his demon blood surged forth as a hanyou.” Sesshomaru informed.

“But what of the color? The striping?” Daigon inquired.

“That…is new.” Sesshomaru confessed. “And delicious.” He added mentally.

“Then there is the matter of his eyes.” Daigon said. “The shading over his lids and eye sockets are one mark, but the drop on the eyelid is another. That is two marks overlapping…an occurrence that his quite rare. Then there is the curling strips up his ears….this one has never seen that in such a manner.”

“There are other tribes…” Sesshomaru began.

“But that is just the point!” Daigon interrupted. “He is not from any of those tribes!”

That was not the point that he was going to make but he saw what Daigon was trying to say. So there was only one question to ask.

“What do you think then?”

“He thinks he wants his books and equipment.” Daigon groused, effectively dodging the question.

Sesshomaru had a feeling that Daigon recognized something that he was seeing. But he also knew that if Daigon did not want to say something then it truly was more trouble then it was worth to try and drag it out of him.

“We will simply have to wait and watch.” Sesshomaru declared, wishing to end this conversation before he became frustrated. Which would happen if Daigon intended to keep certain things close to his heart.

Daigon nodded, a small bow almost indicating that he understood.

“Then this one will leave you to your business.”

With that the healer left, and Sesshomaru entered the hut that housed Inuyasha, scanning the small enclosure out of habit and instinct. Everything was as he had left it, and nothing even vaguely threatening caught his attention.

Inuyasha shifted as he moved further into the room, and Sesshomaru let a small smile grace his lips. Regardless of whatever had happened it was clear that Inuyasha unconsciously recognized his presence.

Of course that also meant that he would be unable to sit himself upon the bedding. not unless he wanted to be wrapped up in the clutches of the dreaded Inu-topus.

The chair Daigon had occupied earlier that morning remained, and he slid himself into it. As he did he could swear that he heard Inuyasha let out a small huff….amusing.

Still…Sesshomaru took pleasure in simply watching over him. There wasn’t much else for him to do in all honesty, and he wasn’t about to get caught up in the affairs of humans. Oh it would start innocently to be sure, and Rin would undoubtedly be the messenger, but soon it would escalate. Whatever duties Inuyasha had performed they would wish of him, and while he had little problem with slaughtering any low level dirt blood who wandered in with food on the mind, he would not be performing manual labor.

It was simply appalling how the humans had used his brother. While the affection starved hanyou had allowed it, or forced into it by the Miko and her damned rosary, it was still disgusting.

He truly did need to see that the girl was  properly punished for the transgressions she had heaped upon Inuyasha’s royal form.

Death seemed perfectly reasonable…but Inuyasha would protest. Perhaps the lash would suffice? Let her feel what it was like to be at the mercy of one who did not care for her health and safety.

Shaking the thought off before he grew upset Sesshomaru focused his attention back upon the sleeping boy. He could not see Inuyasha standing aside as the girl tasted the whip. As much anger towards her that Inuyasha housed for some reason the young Inu still cared for her.

Then again…that had been when Inuyasha had been a hanyou, and possessed half of a human heart. Perhaps now things would be different…

He certainly hoped so, for them at the very least. But would this transformation bring Inuyasha to behave more favorably towards him….or less?

It was difficult to say. A fight for dominance could very well be lurking in their  future. Then again, perhaps with any enormous amount of luck, Inuyasha could end up being so pleased with his new form that they could skip the alpha posturing all together.
Sesshomaru sighed, shifting in the uncomfortable human chair. So much work to do…Inuyasha would need to be trained, there was just no getting around that. Inuyasha had struggled as hanyou, he could very well be overwhelmed by his own power if they were not careful.

Just how strong would he emerge as? There was no way to tell until Inuyasha’s cycle finished, but Sesshomaru could not help but feel concern. He had never been equaled before, but if there was ever one to do it…it would be a pure blooded son of his Father.

Inuyasha was now that son.

But as he took in the sight of Inuyasha’s semi-nude form concern gave way to…other feelings.

He wanted to crawl into that bed, to take the boy into his arms and attend to the marks that fascinated him so. To lick and kiss and nibble, to explore this new Inuyasha and learn his  body.

It was not sexual, there was no ache, no hunger in the feeling. It was sensual yes, but oddly fraternal. He did not quite understand the feelings, nor the urge, but the depths of his loneliness was only just becoming truly known to him.

It was now that he could recognize and name the strange pangs he had felt for years after he had met Inuyasha.

Pain.

But not pain as he had experienced before. Not pain of claws or force….but of loss and yearning. Pain of needed. Terrible, screaming need.

He had suffered greatly during the years they had fought, they both had, and now their blood yearned all the more. To accept the touches they had long been denied.

But not yet.

He knew that if he went into that bed Inuyasha was not likely to allow him to leave, and while he did not have anything specific to do exactly, it still would not do to lay about in bed for days upon end.

Sesshomaru sank further into the uncomfortable chair. The entire room was now filled with Inuyasha’s new scent, and he drank it in. For even though he recognized it on a primal level, the fact was that Inuyasha’s scent had changed dramatically, and he would need to re-memorize it.

It many ways it was still the same, the Inu part anyway. Thick, heady, a mix of both cinnamon and sweet apple. But behind that, mixing slightly as it flowed in and out like the tide, so much had changed. A small part remained from the hanyou, but there was something else…something unfamiliar that a part of him said that he should, and indeed did, know.

It took a moment, but it did kick off a memory deep within him. It was so much like a part of their Father, and indeed a part of him, but there was just so much…more. He had never consciously noticed it within their Father before, after all it had just been a part of the man he had grown to recognize. But with Inuyasha it was overwhelmingly forward, nearly smothering the other scent that he and Inuyasha shared.

But surely they had to share this as well?

It was difficult to tell. His scent was his scent. He had grown so used to it that the only thing he could discern from it, unless something was wrong, was a banner of him.

Now he understood what Daigon had meant, and it puzzled him as well. What could Inuyasha share with both him and their Father but somehow possess…more? It was unknown to his mind yet rang familiar to his blood.

How odd…

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Kagome grumbled to herself as he carried the heavy water bucket, doing her best not to spill it again.

It had been over three weeks since they had returned to the village. Three weeks of being scared to death for Inuyasha. Three weeks of being kept away from Inuyasha by his nasty brute of a brother. Three weeks of putting up with that same overbearing jerk of a brother and his holier then thou attitude.

It had been frustrating and irritating beyond belief. She had honestly been on the verge of blowing her top for days now. Kaede had suggested on heading home for a while  but she just couldn’t. how could she leave Sango alone with Miroku like that? And what if Inuyasha woke up? She wanted to be there, not just for him…but for them.

Then again for all she knew Inuyasha had been awake for  a while now, and Sesshomaru was just hiding it. After all the jerk wouldn’t let anyone other then that rude green haired boy in.

She did not like how they were all suddenly being cut out of Inuyasha’s life like they were. They had been friends and companions with Inuyasha for a long longer after all. Shoot, Sesshomaru had abandoned Inuyasha as a child hadn’t he? So who was he to act all high and mighty, all caring, now?

Not just with Inuyasha either. Sesshomaru had taken over, or ordered his boy-healer to, Miroku’s care. Then when she and Sango had tried to argue Sesshomaru had threatened to kill Miroku outright. She simply could not believe his savage gall…but  what could they do?

Miroku had woken up a few times, but never for very long, and never strong enough to talk much. Usually they could give him a bit of food and water, then he would lapse back into unconsciousness.

What she had noticed, with a smidge of disgust, that they were allowed to do that and bathe him daily. The high and mighty demons certainly couldn’t be bothered with things like that. No, they just bossed everyone around and acted like they knew everything about everything.

The only pleasant, helpful one out of the whole lot as far as she was concerned was the girl Rin. She and Shippo had been trying to help, running errands and such, but they were too small for the bigger things.

Which lead to what she was doing right now.

Miroku couldn’t’ handle much when it came to solid food. So Kaede had decided upon soup. He also needed another bath, last night had apparently been…rough.

Both of which required water…lots of it in fact.

Now normally it wasn’t such a rough trek, but to make it a straight walk to the well and back you had to pass what had become Inuyasha’s hut, and for the past three days High Lord Jackass had been keeping everyone far away from it.

She didn’t know where he got the nerve, but when she had tried to discuss it out came the teeth and claws. Then he had practically thrown her away.

There had been a lot of fuss and bother from Sesshomaru and the boy Daigon actually, and the jerk had begun killing animals left and right for some, probably sick, reason. The place hadn’t begun to stink just yet so word was eh was doing something to preserve them. But what he needed so many dead animals for was beyond her, and just thinking about it turned her stomach.

But because of all of that she had to take a long, winding trek in a big half circle just to avoid the place. Honestly…she was sick of it. Completely sick of it. Her arms were killing her from the weight of the full bucket, to say nothing of her aching back.

“Screw this.” Kagome huffed.

She was taking the quick way whether Lord fancy pants liked it or not.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

H unger.

Burning, aching hunger.

Starvation.

Food….food.

Food or death.

So weak…limbs didn’t want to move.

Food or death.

Birds chirping outside.

Too small. Too hard to catch.

Meat…the scent of meat everywhere.

Saliva dripped to the floor from a ravenous mouth as a starving body began to move.

Footsteps.

Slow…plodding….weak.
Self did not exist. Thought did not exist. There was only hunger…and hunger’s claws dug in to pull itself forward.

Hunger….footsteps….FOOD.

XXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Kagome harrumphed triumphantly as she made her third pass. One more bucket and she would be finished.
Stupid, pigheaded demon. There was no need for a detour, the shortest distance between two points was a straight line after all. Not that Lord Jackass would know that…500 years in the past…Kagome was surprised when anyone knew anything.

Luckily the jerk was nowhere to be found, which saved her another one of his haughty lectures. Maybe she could even sneak in and check on Inuyasha. She didn’t trust all this cloak and dagger crud that was being pulled. She was willing  to bet she could get Rin and Shippo to help, o rat least be a lookout.

The dry dirt crunched under her feet, and then her ears caught the sounds of wood creaking behind her. Puzzled, she turned, half expecting to find Sesshomaru standing there.

But instead all she found was a wide opened mouth, filled with wet teeth coming right at her face.

Kagome screamed in fright, tossing the water filled bucket forward. It was battered aside as a solid, heavy body slammed into her, knocking her down flat.

Claws dug into her back, puncturing the skin as easily as wet paper as she struggled. But it was no use. Too heavy, too strong…and as her last act Kagome let out one last desperate scream as the mouth came down.

As quick as lightning a clawed hand shot out, snagging the beast atop her by the hair, wrenching it off of her with a grunt of exertion. A savage roar rang out as the beast was pulled along, spun around, and then forced towards one of the many animal carcasses Sesshomaru had been gathering. The mouth met flesh, and savagely tore  into it, all else seemingly forgotten.

Her heart hammering in her throat Kagome blinked through blurry, tear filled eyes at her rescuer. All she could really make out was pale skin and silver hair. Relief flooded through her adrenaline filled system, leaving her shaky.

“In-Inuyasha…” She panted in gratitude.

Of course it was Inuyasha. He had always come to save her-

“Foolish human.” Sesshomaru spat, shattering her illusion. “Did this Sesshomaru not warn you away? You are nothing more then prey to him now.”

Wha?

Her injured back protested as the demon pulled her to her feet roughly. She blinked, wondering what had just happened and why Inuyasha had somehow turned into Sesshomaru. A hand touched her back gingerly and she winced.

“You are wounded and in shock. Go to your elder Miko.” Sesshomaru ordered. “You can no stay here.”

She didn’t quite understand as she was pushed away, other unknown hands reaching for, and muted voices speaking to, her. As she was led away she turned her head just in time to lock eyes with the savage glare of two crimson orbs sitting in a familiar face.

“Inuyasha…” She whispered.

“Go.” Sesshomaru ordered. “And be thankful that I did not allow him to devour you.”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sesshomaru sighed to himself as he watched two male humans lead the bleeding young Miko away. She was lucky his speed was as great as it was. Otherwise she would have been a corpse being gnawed upon. He had started to move at the sound of the first scream, and even then it had been a narrow save. Inuyasha had been mere centimeters from her soft throat.

“Stupid human child.” He cursed.

Had he not warned her? Repeatedly? Informed her over and over again that she needed to keep her distance for her own safety? Rin had only needed to be told once, understanding and obeying as one should, as had the kitsune. If small children could follow the instructions then why couldn’t she? What far off place had she spawned from that allowed their children to enter the world so utterly…stupid?

He was half tempted to inform her that the only reason he had saved her was because he knew how Inuyasha would react when he discovered that he had eaten his Miko. Not to mention…eating humans was so…lowly. Meat unfit for creatures of their superior breed.

Not that Inuyasha cared about any of that at the moment. All he knew was starvation and the pain it brought. Thus the boy would eat anything, or any one, he could. Which was exactly the reason he, as elder Inu, had been hunting these last few days.

Humans were unworthy yes, but easy prey nonetheless.

Still…he hadn’t expected Inuyasha to awaken so soon. The boy’s youkai had been rumbling inside of him, and he had opened his eyes several times the day before, but Sesshomaru had expected three more days at the least. It was most…unusual.

A frustrated whimper tore him from his thoughts, and he turned his attention to his sibling. The boy had stripped several carcasses down to the bone in impressive time to say the least, but was now struggling with another.

Inuyasha dug at the meat with weak fingers, trying to strip it away. Poor boy had exhausted himself already.

Assisting him would be tricky as any intrusion towards his food source would be unwelcome and met with hostility. But in his current state Inuyasha simply wasn’t that much of a threat…to him at least. A bite here or a scratch there was nothing to fret over.

Still…it would be worth it to exercise at least a bit of caution. Even though Inuyasha did not appear to notice as he approached, that did not mean that the boy was completely unaware.

Had his little brother been in his right mind Sesshomaru would have slid behind him, cradling him sweetly. But that was just asking to have a chunk bitten out of his face right now. Instead he chose to circle around and approach from the opposite side, giving Inuyasha a chance to see him.

Crimson eyes raised as his shadow fell over Inuyasha. The snarl came as expected, a threatening baring of teeth with a warning growl. It wasn’t exactly a hollow threat, but Sesshomaru was certain he could avoid any sudden lunges. The growl grew in volume as Sesshomaru laid his hands upon the body, even as the wide eyes and fully bristled tail were rather amusing to him, as were the twitching flaps of Inuyasha’s ears.

“Easy pup.” Sesshomaru soothed. “I am not going to steal from you.”

Slowly Sesshomaru slid his claws into the meat, even as Inuyasha tried to tug the carcass away form him. With a flick of his wrist Sesshomaru snapped off a nice strip of meat, deftly avoiding Inuyasha’s attempt to snatch it away.

The rumbling growl grew deeper, angrier, as Inuyasha pushed himself over the carcass. This was not a mere warning any longer, Inuyasha  was preparing to attack. But it ceased with comical suddenness after Sesshomaru pressed the blood strip of meat to Inuyasha’s lips. The boy blinked, clearly confused, giving Sesshomaru the perfect moment to push the meat into Inuyasha’s hungry mouth.

“God yes…that….with us…THAT.” Sess-youkai moaned.

Sesshomaru snorted in annoyance as he successfully removed his fingers without incident.

He would bite it off.” He shot back.

Damn thing returned with a vengeance a day or so ago and no amount of chiding had forced its repentance.

Inuyasha watched him warily as he slowly chewed, the primal part of his mind clearly struggling to understand Sesshomaru’s behavior. But the elder Inu paid it no mind. Instead he busied himself with slicing off a more choice bit for his hungry little brother.

He heard Inuyasha swallow, and after a moment he rose another strip up for Inuyasha to see. The boy stared at it warily, but slowly he parted his lips. Sesshomaru tensed as he eased his hand forward. He did not have the element of surprise on his side this time, and this would be the perfect moment for Inuyasha to try and claim a finger.

Inuyasha’s jaw flexed as Sesshomaru slipped the morsel in, and although he felt a scrap of teeth his fingers were spared.

Another cut, another choice bit offered. But this time Inuyasha leaned forward hesitantly, his eyes flicking from Sesshomaru’s face to the meat held between his fingers. Sesshomaru froze as Inuyasha drew closer and closer, until Inuyasha’s mouth slid over his fingers.

The demon Lord couldn’t deny the sexual thrill he felt as Inuyasha’s warm mouth enveloped a part of him, or how his spine tingled as Inuyasha’s wet tongue pulled the meat away. Of course it was all tempered with nervousness. There was very little he could do if Inuyasha suddenly bit down.

But no such ill fortune occurred. Inuyasha pulled away, chewing tentatively. Sesshomaru knew better then to believe that Inuyasha was being coy or even remotely seductive. For all intents and purposes he was nothing more then a skittish, hungry animal at the moment.

He would know after all…he had gone through the same thing decades ago. But that was alright…for even a wild animal could  have its trust gained.

Smiling to himself, and feeling a strange warmth in his chest, he returned to slicing the meat.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Daigon sighed as he rubbed at his bleary eyes. The miko Kaede had been kind enough to provide him with material to keep notes upon, but he just couldn’t seem to force himself to write.

It wasn’t that he did not care about the human resting beside him. It was just that his concentration kept lapsing…and there was nothing terribly pertinent to jot down.

At the moment it appeared as if the monk required one dose a week, but he wasn’t about to take that to heart. For one he was fairly certain the duration would increase with time, and for second…he was not entirely sure that the girl Kagome was not still interfering. He understood her reasoning, feeble as it was, but she simply did not have the power, the control, or the ability to pull off what she was trying. Perhaps with further training….

He also knew that the bulk of difficulty stemmed from attempting to purify Sesshomaru’s blood as well. Perhaps she could have managed with just the taint, but they had no way of knowing how quickly it would spread unopposed. On the field those few weeks ago it had been insanely aggressive, and he simply refused to gamble with the poor man’s life just to assuage two girls feelings.

If the girl failed then they would likely be no second chance, for even if the metamorphosis could be reverse, Sesshomaru was not likely to take heed of that fact. Not that Daigon could blame Sesshomaru for what he would do, but personally he would rather avoid it all together.

“Unnn…” Came a groan from his side.
Daigon flicked his eyes to the man resting beside him. He had been making more noise in the last day or so, which could be a sign of something. Whether that something was positive or negative was unknown but the monk was not feverish any longer, nor did he thrash about as if in the thrall of some night terror, so Daigon was hoping it was a sign his body had near adjusted and he would wake soon.

He had no idea what the man would chose in regards to his treatment but whichever way it went Daigon hoped it would end much of the conflict that continued to plague the scene.

“Ung…wha….” Miroku mumbled.

Oh? That was as close to an actual word Daigon had heard come from him yet. He watched as Miroku’s eyes opened to mere slits, though it was not the first time the monk had come around for a short while. He would regain consciousness, but never awareness, and then fall back into slumber.

Daigon took his eyes off of Miroku just before the monk fully opened his eyes. Kaede was setting up to make some manner of broth for the man, so the healer imagined the girls would appear soon.

A throat cleared weakly, and Miroku shifted in his bed.

“Wh-Where…?”

Daigon spared him a glance, finding a drowsy, and confused face.

“Oh? Are you finally rejoining the world?”

Miroku blinked repeatedly, and looked as if he would attempt to sit up, but other then a little trembling, did not get far.

“What…?” Miroku groaned.

“You are in the village of a woman named Kaede, though it is understood that you are friends.” Daigon informed.

“…Naraku?”

“Dead.” ;

“In-Inu…” The monk whispered fearfully, to which Daigon smiled.

“Alive…though like you he is recovering.”

Relief visibly flooded the  human, enough that he almost lost consciousness once again. But he managed to remain awake even as he sunk into the bedding.

“I…don’t…feel…right.” Came a weak whisper.

Daigon sighed. No he imagined the poor man did not. But as Miroku had just awakened he did not see any reason to burden the human unduly.

“You were severely poisoned.” Daigon explained. “You are still recovering.”  Which wasn’t a lie. “Rest. If your strength begins to return we may invite your friends in. They have been worried.”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Inuyasha became aware of two things as he opened his eyes. One, he felt unbelievably heavy, and two, he had the most horrid taste in his mouth.

“Blech…” He gagged, dragging his tongue over his teeth.

The smell was just as horrid as the taste, a fact he discovered the moment he caught a whiff of his own breath. “Oh gods…” He gasped, jerking his head away. But he discovered another true fact that…you could run all you wanted…but you could never run away from you own mouth.

As heavy as he felt he would have thought that it would be difficult to sit up, to move at all really. But he did not have a problem doing either of those things as he rose up and swung his legs over the side of the makeshift bed. He blinked through sleep filled eyes as he fought to keep his mouth sealed  shut in and breathe through his nose only in spite of the yawn he felt building.

Nothing struck him as familiar as he glanced around. Where was he? What was he doing here and how had he come to be there?

All good questions with no answers appearing to satisfy them. What was worse was even though the room itself was peaceful, the rest of the world certainly was not. All around him, assaulting his ears, came a barrage of sound. Children laughing, romping, crashing around. Men and women talking, arguing. Wood and metal clanking, birds chirping and flapping.

Noise, noise, noise!

As if the volume of the entire world had been cranked up to the extreme.

Footsteps were approaching, and before he knew it a door was thrown open, allowing accursed sunlight to seep into the room, blinding him.

“Gah..!” Inuyasha grunted as he put a hand up to block the offending light.

A large frame appeared,  blocking out a portion of said light.

“You are awake.” Came a deep, silky voice.

Inuyasha’s free hand tried to block his ears shut, and he turned away from the audio/visual assault.

“Not so loud!” He hissed.

“Pardon?” The voice questioned, though in a more hushed tone. “Ah…I see. Your hearing much have increased as well. I should have guessed as much…you will grow used to it.”

The hell he would! As far as he could tell everyone in the damn world was running around screaming. The door closed, expunging the awful light. Inuyasha buried his face in the soft bedding as footsteps approached.

“You have been asleep for weeks now, do not tell me you are returning to it.”

Inuyasha grumbled and rolled over, glaring up at the sliver haired man in purple.

“….you look like a giant plum.” He groused.

“Do not remind me.” Came an equally grumbly reply, along with a roll of the eyes. “I have clothing for you as well.”

Inuyasha focused on the folded garments in the man’s arms.

“Gold?” He muttered.

“Would you prefer purple?”

He chuckled and shook his head.

“No.”

“Then do not complain. It was the best that could be secured in such a place.” He was informed.

“Well if it fits comfortably, that’s all that really matters.” Inuyasha stated.

A rich rolling chuckle that had him shivering lightly spilled out of the man.

“So like you…you simply must learn style.”

Those words puzzled Inuyasha in a worrying way, but his train of thought was interrupted as he caught another noseful of his own putrid breath. He huffed through his nose and swallowed…as mistake as it still tasted just as foul. A raised eyebrow met his antics and he blushed sheepishly.

“Not to be a bother…but do you have anything I could clean my mouth with? It’s like something has been rotting in it.”

Again came that rich chuckle and the clothing was set aside.

“That is because something has.” He was told. “After all you ate, only to fall back asleep with all those shreds and chunks littering your teeth.”

A jar was handed over to him, with some sort of plant matter inside. He made a curious face, and likewise took a curious sniff at it. “Lemongrass.” He was informed.

Oh….kay. He took a pinch and popped it into his mouth. As he chewed he had to admit that it certainly tasted better, but as the roughness of it started to scrape the congealing gunk off of his grinding teeth he discovered that the mix was ANYTHING but pleasant. He made a face, one that his companion apparently found quite humorous. A bent waist and the scooping of a cup ending with an offering of water.

“Rinse.”

Draining the cup Inuyasha wished the liquid around, grimacing again at the feel of bits and chunks of heinous partials flowing around in his mouth. He was immensely gratified when he spat the whole lot out. His mouth felt so much better, but still tasted sour. “Finish the rest. More can be gathered.”

Inuyasha did just that, feeling somewhat refreshed after swallowing.

“Thank you.” Inuyasha said, expressing his gratitude.

“You are welcome.” Came a pleased reply. “Come…you should dress.”

Given that he was basically naked that was probably a good idea. Feeling a little foolish as the clothing was handed to him Inuyasha turned his back and quickly divested himself from what he supposed passed as bottoms. The new pair slid on easily, the material was thick, and a bit rough, but thankfully didn’t itch. Everything went well enough till it came time to cover his exposed butt. He managed to do it yes, but the huge bulge of a certain furry appendage filling up and jutting out didn’t exactly feel comfortable. Again came that rich, throaty chuckle and Inuyasha blushed.

“I uh…feel I should know how to do this.”

“It is alright.” He was told. “Allow me to assist.”

Inuyasha shivered at the feel of fingers in his…fur….as his tail was gathered up. The whole lot went down the back of his pants, which was even more ridiculous then how he had had it. But before he could complain it was being slid through some sort of  opening. No mere slit in the back either, there were folds for support and it was all rather comfortable in the end.

“The tailor became rather confused over this particular feature, and I was forced to supervise throughout.”

“Oh.” Inuyasha whispered as his fur brushed his skin. “Soft…”

“I took the liberty of grooming you while you slept.” Came a hesitant confession.

“Oh? That was kind of you.” Inuyasha stated.

“You are not upset?”

“No.” He admitted. “Why would I be?”

“You are usually rather…touchy about such things.”

Huh…

“Would you prefer I be?” He asked slowly.

“No. this is much more preferable.”

The top was offered to him, but Inuyasha simply held his arms out, allowing himself to be dressed. It seemed to please the other man, even as it came hesitantly, as if he were expected to bite or something.

Soon it was secured to him and as the hands finished tying up, the curled inward, pulling him into an embrace against a warm, firm body. He relaxed into it, enjoying the radiating warmth.

A withheld sigh was released, ghosting across his cheek.

“I am pleased to see you so relaxed.”

Inuyasha rolled his shoulders slightly, not responding. Oh there were many questions on his mind, and an edge of panic was starting to build, but at the same time there was a strange blanket of peace and security covering everything at the moment.
He didn’t understand it, but was grateful nonetheless.

The embrace ended, and the hands roamed up his back, finding his neck and shoulders. The gentle massage was unexpected, but pleasant, and Inuyasha felt himself melting under the large, strong hands.

“I will not hide it. I have high hopes that we may put aside past conflict and grow close. I will help you through this Inuyasha, please do not push me away.”

Inuyasha thought about that for a moment.

“Is that what you truly wish?” He asked.

“It is…I have…missed you so these last few weeks. Indeed more then that…more then I ever realized.”

The confession was hesitant, with an undertone of raw need. Inuyasha nodded to himself, and pulled away to turn and face the man at his back. He stared into golden eyes, sparing a glance at the interesting crescent moon that sat upon the other’s forehead.

“I guess that works. But…uh…well…one question?” He muttered nervously.

“Yes?” Came a soft reply.

Inuyasha chewed his bottom lip for a moment, pondering the problem before him. Might as well dive right in.

“….Who are you?”


To be continued.