InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ It's my Life ❯ Hello. ( Chapter 40 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
To say that the healer Daigon had been upset when he had been awoken and informed that not only had the monk not been in bed, but that he also had a beaten kitsune to end to, would have been a grave understatement.

Though Inuyasha wasn’t sure just what the healer had wanted from him, but he had listened to the whispered acidic condemnations right up until it had started to head his way. But he still did not have the foggiest idea to what had been going on in the first place. However, from what he had seen, it appeared that the human monk, Miroku he had been reminded, had been abducted. Between that, and Shippo’s injuries from said abducting wolf in the monk’s defense, Daigon had softened considerably.

As it stood both were completely out. Shippo had a concussion and mildly fractured face, and Miroku had apparently exhausted whatever reserves he had built up…so he wasn’t exactly liable to wake up any time soon.

Personally all Inuyasha wanted was to know just who the wolf was and what all the action had been about. From what he had caught, it seemed they had known each other. The wolf had acted as if he had recognized him…which was odd Inuyasha felt.

He would have liked to ask Sesshomaru about it…if he could find the other Inu that was. Oh his scent was easy enough to track…but again it was as if Sesshomaru was actively avoiding him.

Odd again.

He had thought that perhaps he had been wrong to think that the previous day, but he couldn’t exactly chalk it up to coincidence anymore. He wasn’t exactly sure why he felt so drawn towards the other Inu, and while it could be just the simple fact that he felt at ease around Sesshomaru, something told him it was far more then that.

What that was also eluded him, which was highly annoying honestly, but he was of the mind to find out. Which meant he was going to have to get a bit more serious…

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX< br>
Sesshomaru gently massaged his temples, not that it would do him any good. The strain in his head had no physical root…but habits were habits, and it had been a sleepless night for him. That fact had him feeling rather resentful to be honest, though he only really had himself to blame. Just another indignity to add to the growing list. But unless he wanted to start raving at himself like some sort of madman, a tempting action admittedly, all he could do was stew quietly on it. All he wanted was time to think, and he had quite a bit to think about. The wolf prince’s death would cause a bit of a stir to be sure, but he wasn’t all that worried.

For one, Koga, at least Sesshomaru thought that had been his name, was universally disliked by the wolf elders, for another he had also allowed the treaty between his kind and the Inu to lapse, and had made no move to forge a new one. More symbolic then anything as there hadn’t been a conflict between the two canine races in well over a thousand years, but it did mean that technically they were no longer allies.

A fact that Sesshomaru knew had upset the elder wolf council if the apologetic letter he had received was to be believed. The only backlash he could conceived would come from Koga’s most loyal…if he had any of those left. That and the elders would not be exactly pleased over losing a strong male for tribal breeding purposes.

The more pertinent question in his mind however, was why Inuyasha had broken the wolf like a child’s doll. Between that and the near fatal scuffle with his, perhaps former, humans it almost appeared that Inuyasha had become…rather blood thirsty.

Counter-acting that picture was Rin’s telling of the story. Which told Sesshomaru that Inuyasha was in fact carrying himself as a prince would. Which was odd however, because although he himself had always carried himself in the proper manner, he could not exactly say that it had been an instinctual thing. Granted it could have been nothing more then Inuyasha exerting his strength along with a little bit of ego.

“You know…you could settle this quite easily. Just ask him.” Sess-youkai chided.

Yes, of course there was that. His damnable other half had not shut up about that all morning. But as it was Sesshomaru wasn’t sure he wanted to be anywhere near Inuyasha without some sort of plan. Well no, he did want to be near Inuyasha, he just did not think that it was wise. Unfortunately that had been the only clear choice he had been able to make thus far.

He wondered if the other Inu was confused or hurt by his behavior, but what else could he do? He couldn’t very well say to him, “I am sorry, you are my brother but not my brother.” That certainly would not work in his favor.

Was this permanent? Or would Inuyasha snap back before long? He honestly did not know which he preferred or which he feared more. While this new Inuyasha had been quite docile towards him thus far, that could change, and if he snapped back…well…one of Inuyasha’s great dreams was to cause him great pain.

Great pain before killing him that was.

Sesshomaru knew this, and he had accepted it for the time being. But now…now…

“Now he might just have the power to do it.” Sesshomaru mused.

He let his hand drop down to his side, running his fingers over the swords that hung there. Tenseiga and Bakusaiga were welcoming as always, but Tetsusaiga bit sharply at his fingers. It was strange, the blade that he had hungered for, for so long was now firmly in his possession…and it was one of the most frightening developments thus far. How could it be that Inuyasha did not recognize his sword? The sword that could ONLY be wielded safely by his hand?

Beyond that, it seemed that Inuyasha derided even the idea of owning a sword at all. That was something that made Sesshomaru suspicious. For so long Tetsusaiga had been the bulk of Inuyasha’s power, and often the only thing that had kept him alive. Sesshomaru knew that better then anyone…after all he had been dead set on killing the boy before the Wind Scar had been accidentally unleashed upon him.

Yet Sesshomaru also knew that the action was a terribly…adolescent thing. Many Daiyoukai from high blooded families often went through such a phase. Why would they, with all their natural might, ever need a lowly weapon?

Sesshomaru was startled out of his thoughts by the sensation of someone looming behind him a second before two powerful arms darted under his, rounding his chest before locking firmly behind his neck.

“Well that was more trouble then I thought it’d be.” Came Inuyasha’s voice.

Trapped in a full nelson with the knowledge that Inuyasha had possessed enough raw power to break his neck even before his transformation was NOT a position that he relished being in, and he growled his displeasure. “Oh what’s the matter?” Inuyasha teased. “Don’t like me?”

Inuyasha wasn’t putting much pressure upon him, merely enough to restrain and keep him there, but that did not mean that he had to enjoy the position…or the unspoken threat. But what he liked even less was that Inuyasha had somehow managed to sneak up on him at all.

How? He certainly had not been so deep in his throats that he would miss a youki as power as his siblings. A youki….that he could not feel right now.

“Release me.” Sesshomaru pressed as calmly as he could.

How did Inuyasha know…Sesshomaru sniffed at the air…Inuyasha’s scent was weak…and he was wet.

“And have you run again?” Inuyasha countered. “For a brother you’re awfully rude.”

“Says the brother who is currently compressing my neck.” Sesshomaru retorted.

“Please…” Inuyasha huffed. “I’m barely putting any pressure on.”
Then, as if to prove a point, Inuyasha pressed firmly, his arms feeling very much like steel as Sesshomaru’s bones creaked. Gods knew that there were more painful, and indeed deadly, holds then the rather simple one Inuyasha had him in now, but it was still unpleasant enough.

The most straightforward escape would be to simply power his way out, though not necessarily the smartest or easiest, but Inuyasha’s hands were clearly locked and he did not wish to turn this into a test of strength with the boy.

But before Sesshomaru could begin to contemplate other methods of escape, or draw on his centuries ago grappling training, Inuyasha’s grip broke, slipping away form his neck and arms to instead circle his chest. While a crushed chest cavity wasn’t much better then a broken neck, but with the more comfortable position came an increased awareness of the warmth of Inuyasha’s body. Sesshomaru was barely able to stifle the moan and shiver that nearly surged forth.

It wasn’t easy…not with such delicious warmth seeping into his flesh and bones.

“So…” Inuyasha whispered, his hot breath ghosting over Sesshomaru’s neck, over the newest mark planted there. “Care to explain?”

Explain? He could barely think.

The oft longed for contact was bad enough, but that lightest puff of breath over his mark was more then enough to undo him if he allowed it. His voice he could seal, but his body was beyond his control at this point. “Oh…now I felt that.” Inuyasha purred.
Sesshomaru swallowed thickly, his struggle for words being further hampered by Inuyasha’s hovering mouth. “But enough about you…lets talk about me.” Inuyasha quipped. “For instance…I do find this neck of yours to be very curious.”

His neck?

Now over the course of his life Sesshomaru had many of his body parts admired but…his neck? What could be so fascin-oh…oh.

Of course Inuyasha would be curious about the marks, his marks.

Sesshomaru’s eyes went wide, and he keened in his throat as Inuyasha’s teeth sunk gently into the newest mark. His entire body rocked back into Inuyasha’s solid one, and despite his best effort Sesshomaru himself unable to draw a proper breath until Inuyasha removed his own mouth.

“That was unexpected.” Inuyasha murmured. “You’re fairly interesting to look at I’ll grant you, but perhaps you could explain these, and just why the stir something with me?”

Explain? It was taking all his will to keep form shivering in need. Not a sexual need, not yet, but the kind of need that made his eyes wet.

“Release me.” Came a ragged request past his lips. “And I will,” He swallowed thickly, “….and I will try.”

“Why are you so afraid of me?” Inuyasha responded, his voice curious.

Pride reared its snarling head then, pressing back against the hollow of his needs, giving him a bit more space to think.

“I am not. You are merely pushing in matters that I am trying to decided how best to approach and proceed.” Sesshomaru retorted, as diplomatic and cold as he could.

Granted now he had additional information to process. Inuyasha felt drawn to his marks, but did not understand them. It left Sesshomaru to wonder if Inuyasha subconsciously realized that they were his, or if something else was at work. Obviously something in the boy was driving this…which….

Do not.” Sesshomaru snarled as he felt the heat of Inuyasha’s mouth nearing once more. Another soft bit might just push him over the edge. As it stood it was hard enough not to seek out his own marks upon the other Inu’s flesh.

Whether Inuyasha understood or not, this could very easily, and very quickly, lead to another rut between them. Which could easily end up binding them even tighter as mates. For even though the third and forth marks could not be placed casually, the first two could be further strengthened.

“Why not?” Inuyasha asked softly, the nearness of his mouth nearly sending Sesshomaru’s body into a tremor.

“Because I am asking you not to, and surely you are of the quality to respect your elder brother’s wishes.” Sesshomaru answered, a bit proud of himself for being able to remain steady.

Inuyasha’s response was little more then a heated chuckle that sent another jolt sparking down Sesshomaru’s spine. His tail twitched, and the idea of using it to pry Inuyasha off flittered through is mind. It had worked before after all, but he dismissed it. He wanted to avoid using force in his dealings with the blank memoried Inu. Besides….he would rather save it for a more serious situation.

“So just what are these matters?” Inuyasha inquired, his mouth blessedly pulling back slightly.

“Principally it concerns you.” Sesshomaru answered. “And the problems of your memory.”

“And just how is hiding from me going to solve this problem?”

Sesshomaru sighed, what little energy he had draining away. This was precisely what he had been wanting to avoid. Well…part of it anyway.

“I wished for time and space to think. Which entails silence and solitude.” Sesshomaru explained.

“Uh huh.” Inuyasha grunted. Sesshomaru huffed indignantly at Inuyasha’s casual dismissal of his plight. “You know…I might not have my memory of my former life, but I do know that brothers don’t generally do what seeing these urges me to do.” Inuyasha stated, his voice dipping huskily before his tongue darted out to leave a small wet line upon the mark. “Care to explain that?”

No, actually that was about the last thing Sesshomaru wanted to do. But now that he thought about it…why did Inuyasha even have to ask? Surely his youkai would recognize it easily enough. Which was what Sesshomaru would have stated as the thing stirring up feelings and urges with Inuyasha. But….

“You truly do not know?” Sesshomaru asked softly.

Inuyasha growl into his ear, and then Sesshomaru found himself being yanked down to the ground. In another time and in another place, finding himself with Inuyasha’s legs around his waist would have been a treat…position inverted of course.

“I’ve told you over and over again that I can’t remember anything other then my name.” Inuyasha hissed. Inuyasha’s arms were now dangled over his shoulders instead of holding his chest, a remarkably casual position. But even with the closeness….his mind would not stop working.

Inuyasha claimed to remember nothing, and his personality had indeed changed somewhat, but he still knew how to walk, could speak with perfect clarity. He claimed that brothers did not do what the marks strove to press him into, yet did not know what they were? If anything, his blood should have told him exactly what the marks were, and the resulting actions would have felt as natural as anything.

So where did the feeling, moral or otherwise, come from?

Sesshomaru could only speculate, but two things seemed rather apparent.

One. Inuyasha’s youkai was apparently no longer speaking, not even on a subconscious level.

Two. Memory or not, Inuyasha still knew things. Perhaps even holding vestiges of his hanyou self.

Did that mean that some trace of Inuyasha’s past remained? Buried deep down somewhere?

Or did it mean that it was going forever, or perhaps blended with this new creature? Perhaps he should inquire if the other’s youkai was speaking to him. His own rarely kept silent these days. But what if it was not? Sesshomaru could not think of a reason such a thing would be so, short of it being so completely drained that it could not muster even a token presence.

But from Inuyasha’s current form one would be forgiven for thinking-

“Ah!” Sesshomaru cried out as Inuyasha’s teeth lightly broke the skin of his newest mark. It sent a hot wave of need crashing through Sesshomaru, leaving an ache that was nearly enough to draw tears from his eyes.

Their scant few encounters, as wild and heady as they had been, had been mere crumbs to a starving man. The shrill scream for it nearly drove him to turn and pounce, to drink from the well of his intended. He held back, but not out of caution or indecisiveness. Instead, what halted his cry for satisfaction was an entirely new kind of fear.

Fear of the position he could very well end up in, and an insulting fear that he might not actually care. But it was that fear that gave him pause to think, and with that he was able to feed it with another. The fear of the pain it would cause. Inuyasha was so thick, so filling. But it was that potent fullness, which Sesshomaru did admit was something for a thrill, had thus far left him over stretched and slightly torn. He had experienced greater pains to be sure, the loss of his arm stood out, but I t was such a lasting, humiliating pain.

An ache he could live with, and even gain a certain sense of satisfaction from. But the sharp, stabbing pain that plagued him when he walked, and tormented him with the digestive process entered its final steps brought more resentment then anything else had. Had Inuyasha’s body suffered damage from any of their abrupt couplings?  

No.

But…something whispered inside of him. If he took charge then he could have his proper alpha position. The whisper quickened his breath and blood, dilating his eyes with hunger. To take Inuyasha’s…no….Sesshomaru forced the thought away.

The very same problem of penetration remained. Even with a proper lubricant, the fact that both of them possessed deadly sharp claws at the tip of each finger made careful stretching all but impossible.

“So clip them.” Sess-youkai whispered.

But even as his more vocal primal half suggested it, another part of that very same half rejected it firmly. First of all his claws were his most personal weapons. Losing them was almost the same as losing a hand, if only temporarily. But beyond that, just to try and file them down would require at least a week, and several grindstones. Most did not seem to realize, even when faced with the fact that his claws could easily rend steel, that the deadly blades at the tips of his fingers were even harder.

“So use your teeth.” Sess-youkai.

Well yes there was that….but that would leave uneven, jagged edges. Though he supposed he could use his other hands claws to smooth them….no….no god damn it, no!

Because there was the possibility that even if they could manages, and then Inuyasha regained his memory….Sesshomaru shuddered to think of it. Inuyasha would no doubt feel that he had been taken advantage of in the most bitter of ways. Beyond that…had he not promised, nay demanded, himself that he would give Inuyasha space? To allow the boy to decide what, and who, he wished for his mate?

He had. He had vowed that and more. To grow as siblings, to build the trust and kinship that should have always been there.

Sesshomaru shot up out of Inuyasha’s grip, spinning to his feet to face the still seated boy. The heat of Inuyasha’s mouth, and the feel of his teeth, lingered upon the mark, which actually throbbed in response.

“I…” Sesshomaru swallowed, “I am asking you for space….and not to do that again.” The words were all but useless, and wholly inadequate to express his feelings, but they were all that he had at this point. “A little respect, if you please.” He tacked on as he turned to leave, his spine prickling at the idea of giving Inuyasha his back once more. But it would be rude to simply take to the sky.

“I awake in an alien world, filled with people who claim to know me yet object and chastise ever move I make.” Inuyasha’s soft words came, halting Sesshomaru’s feet. “I don’t know who I am or where I come from, let alone what to do from here. The only thing I feel even remotely connected to is you. So please…don’t abandon me.”

Sesshomaru had expected Inuyasha to do a few things, ignore, yell, or perhaps even get physical. But what he hadn’t expected was a heartfelt plea….and it was those words that broke him all over again, dredging up a small little boy crying out for his help. He nearly dropped as the rush of agonizing emotion washed over him. He certainly had not been ready for it, and it drove deep into places that he could not defend. The places that Nefrume’s little trick had pried open and exposed.

His head bowed, his mouth opening in a silent scream that vibrated his entire body. Despite the fact that he knew that it was he who was solely responsible for the pain that now wracked his soul, that the shame lay firmly upon his shoulders, he could not help but feel a bit resentful. Even now Inuyasha managed to pick and poke at some of the most tender spots within his being.

Sesshomaru heard a soft calling of his name as he took a shuddering, sobering breath. With a quick check to his face and eyes to insure no proof of his pain wettened there, he turned to the now standing former hanyou. He had to swallow three times before he could speak.

“I am not…I am not abandoning you. Much has happened, both to you, and between us.” Sesshomaru declared, as firmly as he could. “I require time and space to determine the best course of action we should take.”

Then, as if to spite him, instead of an understanding expression, Inuyasha wore a quizzical one. It was more then enough to draw a frustrated groan through Sesshomaru’s clenched teeth. “You are hurting me.” He forced out. It was simply as blunt as he could be at this point, as honestly, he did not know what else he could say. He could try to explain there situation, their past, but he was not sure if that was a wise choice just yet. Such knowledge could turn the newly minted Daiyoukai hostile, or even into a brand new dedicated foe.
All Sesshomaru could hope for was to touch Inuyasha’s empathy, if the boy possessed any at all now. But instead all he received was an annoyed huff.

“I haven’t done anything.” Inuyasha insisted somewhat heatedly.

Sesshomaru had to resist the urge to scream, or bash their heads together until one of them lost consciousness. Neither would be terribly productive. Both were terribly tempting.

“Not with malicious intent no.” He conceded. “But….just…give me time.”

Sesshomaru barely finished his sentence before he started to move. Thought it shamed him greatly….he ran. He ran with all he had.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

“Well it’s not like I have a fucking choice now do I?” Inuyasha growled as the blur that was Sesshomaru disappeared from his sight. Just what the hell was his problem?

He had only done what felt natural, and he knew that Sesshomaru had enjoyed it. Granted he wasn’t sure how he knew that but he did. The noises the other Inu made were certainly encouraging. So what was that hurting shit? “Well fuck, if he wants hurt I can certainly oblige him.” Inuyasha groused.

His feelings were hurt, to the point that it stung. Nothing made sense so far. He had humans he could barely stand claiming to be his greatest friends, save for the monk who barely stayed conscious long enough to say anything, or for Inuyasha to formulate an opinion about. A young kitsune claiming to be his adoptive child, which while he had sympathy for the boy, he also found the prospect unsettling. It wasn’t anything personal, he just wasn’t sure he liked the idea of being responsible for a little one’s care and safety. Still…maybe he could find a nice kitsune family for the boy? That did seem best…but then there was that little human girl…who claimed to be Sesshomaru’s ward.
Which was just all kinds of confusing.

Then there was Sesshomaru himself. The other Inu claimed that they were brothers, half at least, but that did not explain why he felt such an urge to touch and taste of the other man. Was that normal? It didn’t seem…brotherly. Or did brother mean something else? Inuyasha growled in frustration. “See?! This is the kind of shit I’ve been trying to ask you about!” He called after the long gone Sesshomaru.

Had he been too forward or aggressive or something? Again, he had only done what felt right. Being near the other Inu felt right, touching him brought a satisfaction that he couldn’t quite explain…and then there were those…marks. They seemed to catch his eye even when he wasn’t trying to look at them, and demanded attention. He needed answers…but where was he supposed to get them? Sesshomaru was a flaky runner, and that Daigon boy felt naturally…elusive.
So what did that leave him with? Inuyasha tapped at his lips in thought. The humans were of no use, the only other demon was a child…except…

“Ah….” Inuyasha murmured.

There was those two.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

T ender moments with one’s mate were always hard to come by when one was an active guard. You never knew when you might be called upon, or some unexpected event might transpire. But even with that understanding one really should not have been faulted with expecting at least a smidge of privacy every now and again.

Apparently large Inu-Daiyoukai did not realize or respect this…as Tren and Alir discovered with Inuyasha barged into the small hut they had been provided with.

The two barely had enough time to throw a cover over their bodies before the far, far larger boy was looming over them. Awkward to say the least.

Seconds passed Inuyasha stood over them, just staring, bringing the mood from uncomfortable to unnerving rather quickly.

“Can…we help you?” Tren asked hesitantly. The young Lord did not exactly have a lecherous look in his eyes but still…there were some “services” that feel outside of their oath.

“You are…brothers?” Inuyasha inquired slowly.

The weight on Tren’s chest did not relent, but he supposed that there were worse questions to be asked.

“Um…yes.” He replied.

“And yet you are covered in one another’s scent…clearly naked….” Inuyasha pressed.

A bead of sweat ran down the back of Tren’s head.

“Do…do Inu brothers not enjoy…closeness?” Tren countered, flat out ignoring the comment on their lack of dress. Inuyasha leaned forward, his large hands leaning his weight upon their small bed as he glared pointedly at Alir.

“His breath is thick with your seed.” Inuyasha declared bluntly.

With a muffled eep Alir pulled the cover over his mouth and nose while Tren sputtered for wards. Damn Inu and their damnable noses! Damn Alir for not just letting him shoot down his throat! “So…perhaps brother has a different meaning then I am aware of?” Inuyasha pressed once more.

“N-no…well I mean I guess, but…we are traditional brothers.” Tren stated. What was the purpose of this? Where was it going?

“Do brothers traditionally dump their seed in one another’s mouths?” Came another disturbing question.

Tren found himself choking on his own inhaled breath as he sputtered for something to say. But then, favored by fortune or not, Alir spoke.

“I am allowed to suck my mate’s cock if I want!”

It was no the response Tren himself would have given, and he found himself becoming even more flustered. But the looming Inu only became more contemplative.

“So…brothers….and mates? This is possible?”

“Of course!” Alir declared hotly.

Inuyasha rubbed at his own lips in thought.

“Odd…I would not have…are Sesshomaru and myself mates?”

“How should we know?!” Alir snapped, his temper getting the better of him, and Tren winced. Even if Alir’s temperament was masking it for himself, Tren could very well sense just what kind of power was lurking within the former hanyou. It was terrifying.

“I can’t say.” Tren interrupted. It would not do to anger the large Inu. “Lord Sesshomaru is rather private, and we are but guards…not close friends.” Inuyasha seemed to digest that for a moment.

“What about these?” Inuyasha asked, exposing his chest and wrist to them. Tren averted his eyes out of respect…however his mated sibling apparently had no such manners.

“Yeah…those are definitely mating marks.” Alir stated. “Four of them?”

“No…just the two that I’ve been able to find.” Inuyasha replied. Tren’s blood pressure was shooting through the roof. This simply could not be happening.

“Well then it’s incomplete…now could you please leave?! We deserve privacy too!” Alir barked.

“What will you do if I leave?” Inuyasha inquired like a curious child.

“Nothing.” Tren thought. “But try to melt into a puddle of pure embarrassment.”

But again, Alir did not share his mortification.

“I have every intention of having my stress and brains fucked out today!”

Tren’s entire body seized in embarrassed panic as a blood vessel threatened to burst.

“So…you play the woman?” Inuyasha asked. “But how? You haven’t the parts yes?” Tren began to practically hyperventilate as his hot blooded mate began to let out a rumbling growl.

“We can switch off! And I do have options!”

“Such as?”

“My ass you dolt!”

Please…stop.

“So…this is common? Should I also rut Sesshomaru up his ass?” Inuyasha asked.

Gods…stop this!

“How the hell should I know?!” Alir snapped. “Ask him! Or just go do it!”

Inuyasha tilted his head as if listening to someone whisper in his ear as Tren’s eyes bulged out at his mate’s outburst.

“But…it is such a small hole, and I am big. Will that not hurt?”

“Well you have to open it up first!”

Tren dropped his head back into the bedding, covering his face with his hands. Beyond the embarrassment, this could actually get them killed if Sesshomaru were a particularly uptight Lord.

“That…might be a problem I think.” Inuyasha stated.

“Well then I don’t know what to tell you. Ask a healer or something!” Alir snarled, and Tren could tell he was nearing his breaking point. What would happen after that….well he wasn’t sure he wanted to know.

“…That will do. Thank you.”

Tren was still struggling to find his voice when Inuyasha left, only to have his mate glaring at him while vibrating with agitation.

“The nerve!” Alir growled. “We are allowed privacy as well!”

A glance under the cover’s should Alir’s cock remained just as hard, red, and angry as his face. So Tren supposed he was lucky the Lord Inuyasha hadn’t asked for a demonstration. Finally he swallowed the brick of mortification that had been lodged in his throat.

“Do…you have…any idea…what you just did?” He squeaked out. Alir’s mildly clouded eyes bored in on him.

“Got us some god damn privacy.”

“You just told Lord Inuyasha to go have sex with Lord Sesshomaru, or question Daigon about said act.” Tren hissed.

“Ssssooo?”

“You heard as well as I did that Lord Inuyasha has lost his memory! Do you really think Lord Sesshomaru is going to appreciate this?! He could have our heads Alir!”

The only response he received was a blank, though still heated, stare. “First off, whoever said they were mates? They don’t exactly get along I’ve noticed.” Tren continued. “And you know how Lord Inuyasha first reacted when he learned we were mates ourselves.”

Again, no response, save for a slight narrowing of the eyes. Becoming a bit exasperated Tren threw off the furs covering his naked form, and started to retrieve his clothing. He had to report this…as carefully as he could, to Lord Sesshomaru. However, he found himself halted by a powerful hand slapping down on the back of his neck, on that quickly yanked him back down on the bed. His eyes grew wide as Alir’s menacing face loomed over his own.

“Tren.” Alir growled. “I have needs.”

“But-”

“NEEDS.”  

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Daigon was an elemental, a wind one to be exact, more phantasmal energy then flesh. Able to become on with both a gentle breeze and a raging hurricane. It was an intimate connection, one most creatures could never understand. Yet while he had no true need to breathe in the conventional sense, a sudden lungful of warm tea was just as unpleasant for him in his solid form as it was for everyone else.

Such as the one he experienced when the young Inuyasha quietly crept up behind him, and asked.

“How do I rut Sesshomaru in his ass if his hole is undoubtedly small and tight?”

Gasping and coughing, Daigon did his best to not process what he had just heard, and instead attempted to wave Inuyasha off. The one armed waving became more fierce and frantic, as if he were attempting to bat away the very words, as Inuyasha continued to speak. “You see, because I have it  on authority that they are marks that mates were and mates rut. I think perhaps that is why Sesshomaru is so…rude. Unmet needs. But my claws are very sharp you see…”

Inuyasha came across as so utterly serious it was as if the inhalation and spit take had very actually occurred, much to the displeasure of the one still struggling to eject tea from his fleshy wind sacks. “I was not sure about this at first, but something…in me seems to concur.” Inuyasha continued. “Yet I wonder if Sesshomaru and myself are truly not brothers at all, but some form of lover instead? Is that it? Is my loss of memory making him so uncomfortable that he denies our bond with a more platonic one? Or is he simply bashful, or overly concerned of my claws as well? He seems emotional…and a bit flighty. Be that as it may, I will mount him and rut his ass until he behaves proper.”

Now waving both arms in an attempt to cease the one sided conversation, Daigon nearly fell to the floor. Was the boy even listening to his own words? What manner of warped logic was he using? On Lord Sesshomaru no less? Daigon knew good and well that anyone even mentioning putting Sesshomaru under them as a joke was grounds for death, he had seen it happen more then once during the early day s of Sesshomaru’s rule. Moreover, Daigon had watched Sesshomaru grow up. He was practically a second father, or uncle at the very least, and now…he didn’t even want to think about it. Teasing Sesshomaru was one thing…but this….this…

Heaving  a great, desperate gasp as Inuyasha finally cased speaking, opting instead for an expectant gaze, Daigon fought for words.

“What-where…who…why? Just why?!”

Unfortunately for him, Inuyasha apparently took every bit of that as a pertinent question.

“Rutting in the male ass. Somewhere private and comfortable I suppose. Sesshomaru. I am not sure, but something about it feels proper.” Inuyasha answered matter-of-factly.
Daigon could only stare, slack-jawed and dumbfounded, as he pondered trying to slip out with a breeze. This was worse then the times he had caught both Inu-Taisho and Sesshomaru masturbating in their early teens. At least then he had been able to back away and pretend it never happened, have a little chuckle over the rampant hormones of teenagers. But this…

Even though he did so with a great deal of trepidation, in order to compose himself, he took a small sip of what was left of his tea.

“First off all…” Daigon began slowly. “Yes, you and Sesshomaru are brothers, and yes the level of touch that you Inu engage in does come across as sexual to outsiders. But that does not-”

“And these?” Inuyasha interrupted, running his fingers across his wrist and over the four silver dollar sized roses centered with golden crescent moons. Daigon clicked his tongue, unsure of how he should respond. He knew exactly what the marks were, and that the one the boy was currently displaying had not been there before Sesshomaru had lured him off.

He also knew that somewhere, wherever he was, Sesshomaru’s spine just shivered.

What he did not know was what was proper to explain. Normally this would not be a problem, he would have no issue with explaining the marks to a young one. He had done it many times before in his life, and once before with Inuyasha himself after all. But this was such a tender, bizarre situation. Who knew what might ignite the two Inu boys to fight, and he certainly knew that this could, especially if Inuyasha suggested it in public. Daigon wasn’t quite sure what Sesshomaru allowed in private, or what the two had already engaged in, but he knew that if nothing else…Sesshomaru’s pride would demand action.

Action that could very well end very…very badly for someone. Daigon had no wish to see one of the brothers die over something so silly. But who knew just what this new Inuyasha was capable of, and just how far he would go.

“Well those…” Daigon began. “But first…you need to explain just how you…came to this idea please.”

If he could somehow steer the conversation in another direction, that would be for the best. It was one thing to tease, or a prank of some sort, but if Inuyasha actually went for something…well he did not what to be connected to it in any form or fashion. It had taken him long enough to get all his pieces back in order the last time Sesshomaru had gotten really cranky.

Of course there was always the chance that someone was putting ideas into the former hanyou’s head, and if so…well then he needed to find them and…impress upon them the seriousness of such a thing, even if it was just a jest, before someone got killed.

“Well…Sesshomaru does seem…starved.” Inuyasha started. “He shivers and shakes when I touch him, and I can tell that his body enjoys it. He’s fighting something, though I don’t know what, and he wont tell me.”

Normally Daigon would advocate all the contact that could be given to Sesshomaru. Anything to thaw the damned Daiyoukai’s icy demeanor would be good as far as he was concerned. “But…he runs from me as if he were frightened…and he says….that I am hurting him. I don’t understand…and it’s hurting me.”
Sesshomaru hadn’t exactly shared his feelings at any time during their stay, but Daigon could always guess what the problem was. Of course that could prove disastrous if he were wrong, which is why he was often so loath to give explanations based upon guesses….but….

“This one is going to have to point out that none of what you have said involves or indicates sexual intercourse.” Daigon said. “So he asks again, where did this come from? Sesshomaru has been alone and without family for some time, that alone can explain his body’s reaction to your touch.”

Daigon was pretty sure that was a damn lie, but at the same time it was technically both a biological and chronological fact.

Inuyasha however simply shrugged and looked unapologetic.

“Something just says it is right.” Inuyasha stated. “And those other two claim to be brothers and they were clearly engaging in a rut.”

Other two? Oh damn it….

“Tren and Alir.” Daigon grumbled.

Tren was of the bashful sort, very reserved. But Alir…well now certain things made sense. That damn red head practically re-wrote the book on needy power bottoms. Yet something else was afoot here, he could just feel it. “Something says?” Daigon inquired. “Like a literal voice from within?”

A horned up youkai would explain a lot. Especially with two marks between them, and a avoidance prone Sesshomaru. Hell, Daigon had seen demons who all but hated one another sealed together all because of the lust within their blood and beasts. But Inuyasha shook his head.

“No, nothing like that.” He declared. “I don’t hear voices. Just…feels right.”

Interesting…and odd as hell.

“Well,” Daigon began. “This one cannot say much, but he can assure you that what you are thinking is probably not what Sesshomaru wants, or the best way to handle…whatever needs handling.”

Inuyasha snorted, tossing his head back in a manner reminiscent of every member of his family Daigon had ever dealt with.

“He has said what he wants.”

“And that is?”

“Time and space.”

“Well…perhaps you should grant him that.” Daigon suggested.

“I want answers.” Inuyasha snapped.

“Then it seems you’ll simply have to wait.”

Inuyasha scoffed, spinning on his heels with a roll of the eyes.

“Useless!” He huffed as he strode out, the roll of his muscles conveying quite the natural threat.

Daigon blinked, staring at where the large Inu had been while contemplating the incredibly surreal conversation that had just taken place. But it was quickly overtaken by a far more pressing question.

Why was Inuyasha’s youkai not speaking?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
< br> Sesshomaru sighed pleasantly as his naked body was enveloped by steamy, hot water. While it did nothing for the tension in his heart and head, it was wonderful on the muscles. He had come across the spring more by accident then anything, and once there the allure of a nice, long soak, was far too much to pass up.  

It was risky though, the place was covered in the scent of others, Inuyasha and his group particularly. But it was his hope that luck would be on his side for once. After all…he had had so much bad luck recently that surely the heavens needed to balance the scales. If not…well he could always use the whip practice.

Massaging his wet scalp to aid in the detritus removal, Sesshomaru continued to both struggle not to think and to ponder just what he should do with Inuyasha. He wanted to just lay back and enjoy the water, and yet it felt terribly selfish not to devote all his energy towards the Inuyasha conundrum. Especially not when he had already pushed said Inuyasha way so that he could do just that.

But his mind was just so very weary.

Then there was the fact that no matter how much he pondered it, one thing remained quite firm. Any action he took stood the risk of being judged by Inuyasha if his memory were to return. Fairly or unfairly, that was simply what would transpire, no matter what this Inuyasha said or did. There was no doubt in his mind about it. The only way to be safe about it was to simply stay focused on returning Inuyasha’s memory as soon as possible and behaving in the manner that the hanyou would approve of.

But the youkai was already encroaching upon that. He could no imagine Inuyasha, in his right mind, coming up to taste at his skin as the other Inu had already done. Sesshomaru could still feel the whispers of that wicked mouth along his marks, and the memory drew a soft, needy groan out of him. It would have been utterly humiliating where anyone around to witness it, but he was already to pent up emotionally as it was, he did not need to be holding frivolous things back.

That in and of itself was an indication of another problem however. His own growing, demanding needs. He knew that he simply had to get a handle upon it, but it was just so very difficult at this stage. He needed just so very badly.

Yet he was also so very sick of just that. Sick of the aching hunger, sick of how it distracted his focus. But short of indulging, which he absolutely could not do, he did not know how to be rid of it. Willpower was keeping the beast in check, but it still prowled the pathways of his blood. A point of desperation was being approached, and he feared such a drastic action.

Perhaps…perhaps Daigon held a solution. The idea galled him as he loathed magic in all its forms, but an alchemical potion just be what saved him. Something to cool his passionate blood and sharpen the fuzzy edges encroaching upon his focus. He thought that he had heard whispers of such a thing once before. Though if memory served it had been for female youkai, looking for some measure of protection against males for…something.

Sesshomaru growled at himself. Was this what he had come to? Banking his hopes upon a half-heard rumor from his boyhood years? He was not sure his pride could take any further beatings.

As if to spite him a slight twinge sparked from deep within his hidden channel as he flexed slightly. Yes, that had happened. Despite all his efforts…yet he was unsure of just how he felt about it upon reflection.

His chief concern had been pain, but if there had been what he had endured before, then he had slept through the worst of it. No tears or deep bruising, which caused him to wonder. It could hardly be that his body had grown accustom to take the act, especially from someone of Inuyasha’s…near frightening girth, so…perhaps it had been the slight care that had been taken before hand?

Made more sense, and even he had to draw slight amusement that his pride was more comfortable with that then the idea of his body ever simply growing to accept Inuyasha’s rock hard thickness.

Still…if the idea of lasting pain and true damage were taken out…just how did he feel about it? Well first and foremost, he felt slighted by how he had been placed upon the bottom. Surely a trade off was only fair…though he had to concede that if Inuyasha had been in his place, and insisted upon a switch, he would agree…only to try and seduce the former hanyou into the position regardless. Especially if he knew that Inuyasha enjoyed being filled.

With that in mind he supposed he could hardly complain. Well…he could, but it would be rather hypocritical.

So again…how did he feel about it? He supposed a case could be made that he had been raped by his sibling, twice as a matter of fact, but he dismissed it. He wasn’t about to be petty, and even he could argue against intent. The first time had been a absolute freak accident, and the second…well Inuyasha had only been tending to what he saw as his mate. Not only had he not been in his right mind, but he had actually thought of Sesshomaru’s own pleasure. Plus, he could have tried to actually fight the boy off if that was how he wanted to look at it.

No…it had been embarrassing….and not quite consensual, but…no. Even though he did feel a certain amount of violation, it simply was not the same.

But his original question only brought another. Why was he bothering to even try to answer such a question?

“Because Inuyasha has fought too hard for too long in avoidance of such an act to ever allow it.” Sesshomaru thought.

The memories still lay within him, raw and ugly. He had not yet considered that, and the effect it would have on any future coupling-

“-Which is why there will be no further incidents until Inuyasha is able to consider his options.” Sesshomaru interrupted himself sternly.

That was the trouble with relaxing, ones mind could needlessly wander, and right now he needed to be firm, dispassionate. Lest his heated desires bring about ruinination.

As if to test his seconds old resolve Sesshomaru felt a presence looming above him. Even if he could not discern it from the warm rush it sent through him, the large shadow cast over the pool spoke volumes.

“I will just be a moment.” Sesshomaru declared politely. “And then the pool is yours little brother.”

Resisting the urge to turn and face the boy, Sesshomaru began to make his way to the other side of the pool were his neatly folded, yet still atrocious, clothing lay. He would give Inuyasha the time, and the privacy, to bathe. Even though he really would rather stay and soak in the hot, comforting water for a while longer.

Still, it would give him time to form the proper speech to explain his plan to the boy. Also, it would save him from the all too tempting sight of Inuyasha’s naked, wet flesh.

But before be could even begin to lift himself out, a soft splash and the further displacement of water informed him Inuyasha had entered. He had been hoping for a moment to speak before Inuyasha disrobed, because he certainly did not want to turn around a face such a sight. Yet he could not simply give Inuyasha his back and have such a conversation, not could he leave without explaining his intentions.

Both would be not only rude, but deliberately insulting. Still, he felt a flush of irritation in spite of himself, and spoke reflexively.

‘I said-”

“-Fuck you Sesshomaru.” Inuyasha snapped. “I am allowed a bath.”

Sesshomaru jolted as if he had been slapped, and the vulnerable tingle that came from having a powerful entity of unknown allegiance ran up his spine. The words hurt, and where entirely undeserved. Yet they were so utterly like the Inuyasha of old that he had to actually wonder.

“I…I never said that you did not.” He started, slowly crooking his body back to glance at the other Inu. He did not know what to expect, but the sight of Inuyasha running a wet clothe over his skin, disregarding Sesshomaru completely, was disappointing some how.

“You want out? Then get the fuck out.” Inuyasha snapped once more.

The hostility was jarring, especially given their last encounter. Had he somehow angered Inuyasha that much?

“I was only trying to be considerate of both our privacies.” Sesshomaru stated gently. Inuyasha only snorted derisively.

‘I had not realized that brothers were so shy around one another.” He commented snidely. “So hurry along and run away again.”

“That is not fair.” Sesshomaru retorted, a bit of hurt creeping into his voice.

“I feel just terrible for you.” Inuyasha mocked as he dug at his scalp.

With sadness filling him far too rapidly to even become angry, Sesshomaru struggled for words. He had not expected nor planned of Inuyasha becoming so acidic, though he had to chide himself for failing to do so. After all…such actions were far more typical of Inuyasha then what he had displayed thus far.

“You do not understand.” Sesshomaru began softly. But before he could continue, Inuyasha whirled upon him. Water was hurled from the spring as Inuyasha closed the distance in the blink of an eye, only to crash into Sesshomaru and drive him back into the natural wall of the spring.

“Then make me understand!” Inuyasha roared into Sesshomaru’s face, looming menacingly.

Something else he had failed to consider. A sudden burst of violence. Thankfully his strength was there as he grappled with Inuyasha’s hands as they rose towards him, unsure if his neck was their intended destination, but his will was not.

“Please.” He could only whisper.

“I’m sick of you!” Inuyasha snarled as he pulled back his arms, perhaps trying to remove his wrists form his elder’s grip. “Is this all you do? Whine?! Hide?! What the fuck is wrong with you?!”

“I am frightened of this situation. I fear I may say, or do, the wrong thing, and battle may ignite between us. I fear I have not the wit to navigate these new, treacherous waters. I fear that if I become overly affectionate I will be harshly punished if your memory returns and the Inuyasha I know comes forth.” Sesshomaru thought, but out loud he spoke. “It is…complicated.”

“It’s complicated.” Inuyasha mocked as he finally jerked his hands free. “Whatever. I don’t care anymore. As soon as I’m done here, I’m outta this fucking place.”

“What do you mean?” Sesshomaru asked, trying to stay on alert in case the slightly pacing Inuyasha lashed out. He had little desire to drown today.

“What do you think moron? It means I’m leaving.” Inuyasha snapped. “I’m sick of this place and these stupid humans.”

It had actually been his plan to leave as soon as Inuyasha had become awake and alert, but this situation had changed things. For one he was not sure how the court would react to a Daiyoukai Inuyasha. Not when it was common knowledge that Inu-Taisho’s second born son was a hanyou. Sesshomaru rather expected for someone to allege it to be a trick of some sort, that this new Inuyasha was a fake. Without his memories, how could Inuyasha defend himself from such accusations?

That was only one of the problems that he could foresee to be honest. ‘You can not go,’ was on the tip of Sesshomaru’s tongue, but he held it back. Somehow an order did not seem prudent.

“Where will you go?” He asked politely. “What will you do?”

“I don’t’ know.” Inuyasha answered dismissively. “I will make a life somewhere.”

The statement painted Sesshomaru, and he knew that he simply could not allow it. They had come too far for Inuyasha to be denied his birthright any longer. But how to assert that without further conflict? Perhaps there was not a way to do that…which begged the question. Though he was willing to fight for Inuyasha…was he willing to fight Inuyasha, FOR Inuyasha?

“You have a life.” Sesshomaru informed. “And a home.”

Inuyasha glare was gain most unkind, and a lump within Sesshomaru throat continued to grow.

“Is that so?” Inuyasha growled. “And I suppose you’ll let me know all about that when its convenient for you?”

In spite of his aching worry, Sesshomaru temper spiked.

“Why do you think this is so easy of me?” Sesshomaru snapped. “An entire lifetime of history, without any context mind you, I am to explain? All the while hoping that you remain objective and dispassionate?”

“What are you talking about?” Inuyasha growled, but a hint of curiosity was apparent.

“Suppose I try to explain our history.” Sesshomaru growled back. “And you hear something you do not like. What then? Am I to splay himself before the mercies of your temper? On top of the razor thing wire I am already walking at that?”

“What wire? What are you talking about?”

Sesshomaru dropped his head into his hands, slumping into the water. He was just so tired…worn down by worry and need.

“You and I have never…been close. We have fought…I have hurt you….often. The fault is entirely mind, but…I have been trying so hard to repair things between us. But you have not forgiven me as of yet…nor given me even a hint that you might.” Sesshomaru began, unable to hold back. “I understand of course, you have every right, but I am at my limit. I can not fight you any longer, I do not want it, do not wish it. I only wish to foster peace and brotherhood between us. Yet now this…an almost perfect chance for all our old pain to be washed away. Yet what am I to do? Do I respond to what you are now? Or do I shape my actions to the Inuyasha I have known all his life? For if you suddenly do remember, and you revert back to…him, if I have been too affectionate, or distant, or break any number of the unspoken rules you seem to have…I will be punished. It does not matter if you yourself instigate it or not, I will be judged. I will be held accountable for taking advantage.” Emotion broke his voice, and the often withheld tears flowed gently. “But I am not ice…I have feelings, needs, desires…and yet I must fight them. I must behave and…and….I do not know what I am to do. Damned by him if I do, damned by you if I do not.”

“So…we were enemies.” Inuyasha asked, his voice filled with something Sesshomaru could not read. His heart clutched. This was what he had feared, where everything could go wrong. But there was no way to hide it now, not when directly asked, and it was simply both foolish, and dishonorable, to lie.

‘Yes.” He answered, his voice as strangled as it would be if Inuyasha were in the midst of strangling him. “But that time has passed, it must have, and now I wish for nothing more then to be a proper family. I wish to atone…if only I am allowed.”

He could not bring himself to look upon Inuyasha, even though instinct demanded to assess the possible threat. Shame held greater power.

“So…these things I can not remember..” Inuyasha pressed, somewhat detached. “Not pleasant I take it?”

“No.” Sesshomaru answered. “They are not. I am…terribly ashamed of my actions, and can only express my deepest regrets. I only wish to leave the past there, and move to a healthy future.

Sesshomaru hugged himself, overcome with a sudden chill despite the warm breeze and hot water.

“So…now you wish me at your side?” Came a slightly acidic question.  Sesshomaru could only shake his head gently.

“No…I wish to be ate yours. I wish to…” He trailed off, unable to proclaim it, unsure if he ever should.

“Wish to what?”

“…only to love you.” Sesshomaru whispered softly, perhaps too softly to be heard.

But it was simply too raw a declaration for any further force. His own feelings were just too alien to him, and far too much of a jumbled whirlwind to process easily. How he felt about Inuyasha, as a brother, as a lover, as a mate. How he felt about what they had done, of what he had experienced. It was all too much. Each act, each feeling, each sensation, all felt of such monumentous importance that none could be discarded for even a moment, in favor of another.

For a creature such as he, who had spent so long suppressed and empty, to be confronted by such…fullness, was overwhelming.

Seconds ticked by silently, for Sesshomaru could think of nothing more to say, and Inuyasha was too unknown. Those silent seconds turned into minutes, and he could only wonder what Inuyasha was thinking, doing, and yet he still could not bear to raise his eyes and face his sibling. He was simply too raw, teetering upon the edge of his control. He did not know if he would lash out in rage, collapses tearfully in pain, or dive upon in desperate lust. It was terrifying.

Finally…Inuyasha spoke.

“You wanted to dress and leave yes? I wont look.”

While he had hoped that Inuyasha would grant him a choice, a path he could follow, what he had been given instead left him utterly numb.

“Yes.” He whispered, lifting himself out of the pool to do just that.

Slowly he climbed out, almost as if he were afraid something would break. Robotically his garments came on, until he was fully clothed. Yet he lingered, despite Inuyasha’s sudden dismissal. His soul desperately pleaded for Inuyasha to say something, anything, to help him.

While it would be incorrect to state that he did not have a purpose for lingering so, nevertheless he could not seem to find his voice not dictate a course of actions. He knew that he could not allow Inuyasha to leave alone. They had come too far, and his heart and nerves would never be able to handle it if…if everything just ended right now.

He felt he would die first.

“I’ll find you later alright?” Inuyasha suddenly declared. “So don’t just stand there with your back to me…its creepy. “

Another dismissal, one that despite its promise did nothing to remove the bolder of strain that lay upon Sesshomaru, or sooth his nerves.

“Very well.”
The worlds came unbidden, more from his training then any desire. Walking away was difficult, not looking back to check to see if Inuyasha would suddenly disappear even more so. But he managed…though to what end he could not say.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

T he problem with waiting when you had no where to go and nothing to engage in was that time would almost always slow to a crawl. The very same crawl that Sesshomaru was now suffering through. He had already seen to Rin, and even taken extra time to tuck her into bed. He had taken time to reassure the kitsune, and even placed him into bed next to Rin at her request, a sign of both of their favors even if no one else realized it. Normally he would have balked at such a thing, but the thought that if only he had held Inuyasha as close as a child it would have prevented all of this pain.

He checked on the monk’s progress and had even taken time to ensure that the two women were not plotting something troublesome. The slayer seemed increasingly tense, while the miko was as insolent as ever. Daigon had been oddly subdued and the hold miko was just that, and old fast asleep.

Which left him with Tren and Alir. Socializing with his men was not something he had indulged in often, nor was ill at ease with. But his nose and ears informed him that the two were occupied with the fruits of their own mating bond.

So he was left with nothing.

He had even paid a visit to the wolf prince Koga. Who was still right where he had landed, and still very much a corpse. One in one of the early stages of decomposition. Sesshomaru lingered, taking detail of the now stagnant open wounds, the odd jutting of the smashed bones, and had even…in an extremely juvenile moment…poked the remains with a stick.

Not quite squishy yet.

After all of that riveting excitement all the he could do was wander Inuyasha’s forest, unsure of where he would wait for the former hanyou’s later. That was, until he came upon the tree where Inuyasha had spent his fifty frozen years.

Even in the time since Inuyasha had been freed little had changed. The scar where the arrow had pierced both flesh and wood remained, and the faint outline of Inuyasha’s body was still visible. It seemed as good a spot as any, and so Sesshomaru arranged his tail in a comfortable manner, and sat himself in the shadow of Inuyasha’s former resting place.

Not for the firs time he found himself pondering just what would have transpired ad the miko Kagome not freed his sibling. Would Inuyasha have hung there forever, perhaps becoming near one with the tree itself? Or would the arrow’s power eventually have faded? The image of Inuyasha, muffled angry ranting ringing out, bursting forth form the inside of the tree in some distant further brought for a small chuckle past his lips.

But his humor quickly faded, and again he was left with nothing more then silence and worry. What would Inuyasha do once they were reunited later? What if Inuyasha had already left and he was here waiting for nothing? Certainly the former hanyou could be tracked, but what then? Would he have to try and force the boy to return home?

Inuyasha curiosity for their home and heritage seemed to be gone, so what did that left him left to use to entice? His heart only sank further as the hours ticked by, with no appearance by Inuyasha. There was part of him that was so utterly sick of all of this. The stress, the worry, the constant need to stay ahead of, and adept to, the incessant, ever changing problems. Could he never simply relax anymore? Did he have to be a the helm of every single issue, every single day?

He had actually hoped that Inuyasha would be able to remove some of the crippling burden form him, yet now this. Heavy…it was all so heavy. What would it be like, he wondered, to be able to simply lie back and let go? If only there was someone he could trust so fully.

There was of course, Inuyasha. But even though his blood felt so, Sesshomaru knew that he had to be wary around the boy. That much at least, had not changed.

Staring up at the sky as the soft light of the moon filtered through the tree leaves, Sesshomaru could only sigh. Perhaps this was all his punishment in a way. But that thought only brought more indignation. Unfairly judged…did nothing ever consider how much he suffered?

The cold light of the moon offered no answers…and he could only sigh.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Two things became apparent with startling suddenness. The first was that he had apparently dozed off, a sure sigh of just how exhausted all of this was making him, and the other was Inuyasha’s mildly off putting presence again looming over him.

Sesshomaru cleared his throat softly as he stared up to meet Inuyasha’s eyes.

“Beg pardon.” He murmured. “I must have been further taxed then I realized.” “Or bored out of my mind.” He added mentally.

He started to rise, but Inuyasha held up his hand, staying him.

“It’s fine.” Inuyasha started. “It was…interesting to watch you sleep.”

He was not sure what to say to that, or how to feel about the idea of Inuyasha looming large while he slept. Such trust between them was something he greatly desired yes, he just was not sure that it could be placed just yet. For all he knew Inuyasha had been standing there, debating on whether or not to smother him.

Sesshomaru suppressed that thought, and the shudder it nearly caused. “Well?” Inuyasha suddenly asked.

“Well what?” Sesshomaru pushed back, anxiety building once more.

“Anything to say?” Inuyasha clarified.

Sesshomaru sighed, feeling drained once more despite his nap. He did not feel up to this. Peace…he just wanted peace.

“I do not know what else I can say.” He declared. “I do not know what to do for you.”

Inuyasha nodded, as if something had just been confirmed for him.

“I get that.” Inuyasha started. “I also get that you think your little breakdown back there cleared up so much. But uh…not really.”

Sesshomaru glared up at the ex-hanyou, his temper cutting into his worry. But Inuyasha held his hands up apologetically. “Don’t jump ahead of me now.” Inuyasha stated, and then let out a sigh of his own. “Look…I’ve been walking around, thinking about this and that, and I’ve come to a few decisions.”

“I see.” Sesshomaru murmured, unsure of what he could say to that. Torn between hope and confusion, he kept his face a neutral mask. Pity he could not do the same for his heart.

“I’m not sure I buy into the whole…hanyou thing.” Inuyasha began.” But there is that funny scent all over the place so…whatever. But here is what I do know. You’re in pain, and I don’t like how you’ve been avoiding me. Everyone keeps harassing me with the whole ‘do you remember this, or how do you feel about that’ but the only thing that stirs anything within me is you.”

The declaration did wonders to raise Sesshomaru’s sprits, but when he opened his mouth to speak, Inuyasha again cut him off. “I’m tired of the questions, and it occurs to me that…well…I don’t really care about the stuff I can’t remember.” Inuyasha stated plainly. “I mean stuff like the kit, important obligations and the like, sure….let me know. But other then that….who cares? I was a hanyou? Well I’m not anymore. You can’t decided what to do with me? Well I’ve decided.”

Uneasiness was creeping back in, and Sesshomaru swallowed thickly. He could only pray silently to his fallen Father for aid in keeping this from turning terrible.

“And this decision is?”

Inuyasha’s lips quirked in a small smile, and he offered his hand to Sesshomaru. He took it, and was easily pulled to his feet.

“Hello, my name is Inuyasha.” Inuyasha whispered against Sesshomaru’s lips, right before dipping in for a deep, filling kiss.

To be continued.