InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ It Started Out Like This ❯ It Started Out Like This ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
It Started Out Like This
It had started out as a simple crush. A crush she didn’t understand. Something she didn’t want to admit.
And all because Sango had told her a secret.


“Sango,” Kagome breathed quietly, trying desperately to not make any sudden noises.
“Shh,” Sango hushed Kagome, before going back to paying more attention to the rest of her body.
“I’m not going to be able to be quiet.” Kagome whispered, before gasping suddenly as Sango sucked one of her nipples in sharply. She kept on sucking and Kagome whimpered, squirming beneath the younger girl, clutching at the mat below her. Sango switched her attentions to Kagome’s other nipple, earning another gasp from the longhaired girl, smirking into her flesh as she sucked deeply again. Kagome felt the pit of her stomach contract pleasurably and she held unto Sango’s head. One of Sango’s hands moved expertly lower, to the waistband of Kagome’s skirt, slipping past it and over her underwear, curling up over her sex.
Kagome bit down hard on her lip, trying frantically to keep the noises she was making to a bare minimum. It was extremely difficult though, for Sango had moved lower. Those fingers were rubbing and teasing and making her feel so damn good.
“Do you want more?” Sango murmured, sounding wonderfully seductive.
“I…um…Sango…”Kagome moaned softly, squirming again as she felt Sango withdraw her hand from her crotch. “We shouldn’t…”
“Do you want me to stop?” Sango asked, kissing the base of Kagome’s stomach, moving very close to the waistband of her skirt.
“No!” The answer was out before Kagome could stop it, and she felt Sango’s wide smile against her stomach. “I mean…I…” Her words were cut short as she felt Sango slowly sliding down her skirt and she sat up suddenly, catching hold of Sango’s wrists.
“What’s wrong?” Sango asked.
“Not here,” Kagome whispered, glancing at the door, feeling terrified that maybe somebody would walk in.
“Come on, Kags,” Sango murmured, moving up to kiss Kagome’s lips softly, tugging on her bottom lip with her teeth, “You want to, don’t you?” Kagome whimpered again, following Sango’s lips to kiss them again, opening her mouth to touch the girl’s tongue with her own. She felt Sango’s hands move up her body, back to her breasts, and began to massage them, playing and teasing her erect and aching nipples.
“I don’t want anyone to walk in on us,” she said as normally as she could, with Sango teasing her. “What if Kiara wanders off or something?”
“It’s more exciting this way.” Sango whispered matter-of-factly, kissing her again.
“And why am I the one without a shirt?” Kagome asked, almost melting as Sango trailed her kisses down to her neck, nibbling and sucking on the skin there.
“Because you haven’t taken mine off yet.” Kagome made a noise that sounded strangely like a growl, and tugged urgently on the hem of Sango’s shirt. Pulling it over her head, Kagome couldn’t help grinning as she laid eyes on Sango’s almost half-naked form; her skin was wonderfully creamy and unblemished. Her breasts looked soft and round beneath her plain black bra that Kagome had brought back from the future for her. She suddenly felt a strange rush of excitement as she reached around Sango to unclasp her bra.
“You’re beautiful.” Kagome whispered, looking at Sango with wide eyes as the last irritating piece of clothing fell away from her torso. Sango smiled, touching Kagome’s chin so the older girl was looking up at her face.
“So are you.” She whispered, leaning down and kissing her tenderly. The two girls stood up, not breaking that kiss as it quickly became more passionate. They moved closer together, neither able nor wanting to suppress the moan that escaped their throats as they felt each other’s naked flesh on their own.
Sango’s hands found their way to Kagome’s, which had placed them tentatively at her waist. Guiding her hands around to her front, Sango moved back from Kagome slightly so she could place those hands where she needed it most right then…
Sango closed her eyes, wanting to savour the feel of the first caress from the older girl standing before her. A lazy smile spread across her face as she felt Kagome running her fingernails at the base of her breasts, delighting in how this simple touch made her stomach do somersaults. She sighed happily and opened her eyes as Kagome cupped one breasts and began to massage it softly, using her other arm to pull Sango closer. They began to kiss again, exploring each other’s mouths deeply, Kagome pinching Sango’s nipple softly, causing the girl to moan slightly.
Moving back towards their mat, Sango bent her knees, dragging Kagome down on top of her. They shifted themselves so they were fully lying on the mat, Kagome still on top and beginning to dominate. She mimicked Sango, trailing kisses from her mouth to her neck, down towards her chest. Sango moaned softly as Kagome finally made her way to the aching centre of her breasts, sucking in deeply, one of Sango’s hands going to grip the back of Kagome’s head and gasping suddenly.
“What do you want me to do?” Kagome asked in a low, husky voice, pausing only to speak, and kept on kissing Sango’s bare torso.
“Everything,” Sango mumbled, becoming slightly frantic in her movements she could feel Kagome’s hands edge along her waist. “Anything…just do anything.”
Kagome smiled shyly, not entirely sure what she should do. She could keep attacking Sango’s breasts, or she could move back up to her face, or she could turn her attentions…further south.
“It’s okay,” Sango murmured sadly, opening her eyes to see Kagome looking uncertain. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have forced you to do anything.” With great effort, she sat up, gazing at Kagome longingly, “If you don’t want to do anything, we can stop.”
“It’s not that,” Kagome said slowly, biting her bottom lip, “I just…I just don’t want to hurt you. I don’t want to lose control and hurt you.” A lopsided grin spread across Sango’s face, a sly smirk creasing the corners of her eyes.
“What if I want you to lose control? Ever think of that?” When she continued to look uncertain, Sango moved closer to capture her lips in a soft kiss. It was one of her more innocent kisses, leaving Kagome with an urge for more.
“We can stop if you want to.” Sango whispered, kissing the corner of Kagome’s mouth and trailing kisses across her cheek to her earlobe, tugging on it softly with her teeth. Kagome shivered as Sango’s teeth sent a pleasurable tingling down her spine and giggled softly, moving to kiss Sango back.
“I don’t want to stop.” She whispered back, a hand finding its way to her underwear, and slipping her fingers past the waist band, onto Sango’s bare skin...


And this is how it all started


There was a small, uncomfortable silence, in which they both sipped from their juice boxes that Kagome had brought back from the future. Kagome was thinking very fast. ‘Since when did she like girls? Does she still like guys? How could I have missed the fact she’s a…
“Are you okay, Kags?” Sango asked, looking a little concerned.
“Oh, sorry. I’m just a little surprised at you liking girls.” Kagome said briskly, managing to push her questions to the back of her mind.
“No, I’m sorry,” Sango said, sighing slightly, “I should’ve told you sooner. I’ve always meant to but…”
“Well, we usually talk more about the future or Naraku, so it’s not really surprising,” Kagome said, smiling slightly at Sango. “So…”
“So,” Sango said, allowing a small smirk to slide onto her face, “What do you want to ask, Kags?” Kagome blushed,
“No, it’s not,”
“C’mon, Kagome, I know you want to ask a question about my sexual orientation.” Sango said, now laughing opening.
“Well…are you bisexual?” Kagome asked, feeling extremely stupid as she did so.
“Oh no,” Sango said, “I’m lesbian.” Kagome smiled shyly and Sango laughed.
“Am I making you uncomfortable, Kagome?”
“No,” she said stubbornly, trying to hide behind her drink as she finished the last of it.
“Any more questions?”
“How long have you like girls?” Kagome asked, sounding extremely confused, “When you didn’t go for Miroku you just said that you guys wouldn’t get along well.”
“Well, the fact that he’s annoying had something to do with that,” Sango said shrugging, “And I’ve always kind of liked girls; from back in the demon slayers village, a couple of girls like me would always stick together. When I try to be with guys, I usually found myself starting to hate them and I really didn’t want that to happen with Miroku so that’s why I always said no to him.
“Does he know?” Kagome asked, looking serious now.
“Come to think of it, no one knows, really,” Sango said, looking thoughtful, “It was just a natural secret for me.”
“Oh, okay.” More silence.
“Are you sure you’re okay, Kagome? Sango asked, now looking concerned. Kagome nodded meekly.
“I’m fine.”
“Well, if you’re sure,” Sango said, still looking a little worried. “If you want a change in subject, do you think you could ever master the art of shooting two arrows at the same time?”
“Well, if I ever manage to stop sitting Inuyasha long enough, maybe I could hit target once in awhile.” Kagome said, feeling a little more comfortable and grinning.


So, Sango likes girls,’ Kagome thought, not really noticing what or whom she was thinking about. ‘I wonder if she liked anyone we know. Maybe Ayame…she wasn’t bad looking, and had quite a nice body, I guess. Maybe even Kikyo; once you got past that whole dead thing, she was quite pretty. But then again, I look like Kikyo. I wonder if she ever liked me…I wonder if she ever wanted to…’ Kagome stopped her train of thought abruptly, biting down hard on her bottom lip, shaking her head slightly. ‘What am I doing, thinking about her like this? Honestly Kagome, anyone would think you’re developing a crush on the girl.’ Kagome forced herself to smile and laugh softly at herself, pushing these thoughts far away to the back of her mind, and began to focus on her overdue homework.


“Kagome, are you okay?” Miroku asked, looking a little concerned as Kagome stared off into space, almost looking sad. She jerked her head to look back at him.
“Sorry? Oh, I’m fine, Miroku.” Miroku raised an elegant eyebrow.
“Of course, Kagome. You’re busy thinking about something while we’re trying to make dinner.” Kagome sighed.
“I’m sorry. I’ve just got a lot on my mind.”
“Want to talk about it?” Miroku asked, his voice softening to a caring tone. “Is it to do with Naraku?” Kagome shook her head.
“No, it’s more of a personal problem.”
“Is it womanly problems? ‘Cause then you should go to Sango.” Kagome laughed softly.
“No, nothing like that.”
“What about boy problems? Inuyasha giving you trouble?” Miroku asked, looking thoughtful, “Or is there another guy in the future, Kagome?” She hesitated, biting her bottom lip, and suddenly looking quite guilty, ‘Maybe Miroku isn’t the best person to be talking about this with.’“So there is another guy,” he said triumphantly, grinning at her. “Are you having problems getting his attention?” Kagome sighed. ‘Can’t hurt to talk to him about this vaguely.’“I’m not quite sure that that’s my problem,” she said slowly, wondering how on earth she was supposed to talk about what was really troubling her.
“It is a guy, right?” Miroku asked, jokingly. Kagome bit her lip again and looked away from him.
“Oh,” he muttered, the smirk disappearing and he looked down at the half peeled carrot in his hand. “Is that why you’re so confused?” he asked, looking back up at her. She nodded, closing her eyes as she felt tears threatening to creep to the corners of her eyes.
“I don’t understand why I’m thinking about her so much.” He sighed and shuffled around to sit next to her. He pulled her into a tight hug, keeping his hands in neutral positions.
“Is it someone from your school?” Kagome shook her head. Miroku sighed.
“It’s Sango.” Miroku stated, gently. Kagome pulled back from Miroku so fast she almost fell into the stream. She looked at him with wide and worried eyes, those tears she had tried so hard to stop freely spilling down her cheeks.
“How…?” He reached for one of Kagome’s hands, squeezing it softly, perverted thoughts far from mind, “I’ve known for awhile now, Kagome.”
“She thought no one else knew,” Kagome muttered, looking down at her lap.
“It’s not hard to guess a girl’s a lesbian, Kagome,” Miroku said, smiling sadly at her, “My experiences with women lead me to a certain insight with them and Sango kind of told me through the amount of slaps and hits I‘ve gotten from her.” He said almost ruefully.
“Oh,” she said in a small voice, “And… you’re okay with that?”
“I wasn’t,” he sighed, “But it’s for the best that I left her alone. I don’t want to hold on to someone who doesn’t want to be with me. And we’re still friends, which is great. I like Sango as a person, and I’d hate to lose that friendship.”
“Do you think anyone else knows?” she asked, moving closer to Miroku, feeling as though she should do something to comfort him. Miroku shook his head.
“No, Inuyasha is way too dense to see other people’s issues. And we’ve all been wrapped up in our own problems to take a closer look at how Sango acts. She’s done a pretty good job of covering it up.” Kagome nodded, squeezing Miroku’s hand softly. He returned the squeeze and smiled warmly at her.
“It’s alright Kagome; I’ve been over her for a while,” he reassured her, “Do you want to talk about what’s going on between you two?” She sighed.
“There’s nothing going on between us.”
“But you can’t stop thinking about her?” Kagome nodded.
“I don’t know what’s wrong with me. I thought… I thought I was…”
“Straight?” Miroku asked.
“Well… yeah.” He smiled.
“They say no one is completely and utterly straight.”
“Even so… I mean if you knew the sort of things floating around in my head, you’d… well…” Kagome trailed off, looking embarrassed.
“…Be very, very happy?” Miroku asked gleefully, his perverseness getting the better of him. Kagome rolled her eyes, a slight blush on her face.
“No comment.” She said, and Miroku just smiled.
“Do you think that maybe, since you found out Sango likes girls, it became alright to allow yourself to develop feelings for her?” He asked, looking at her intently.
“Maybe…” she said slowly, frowning now. “That’s probably it. How did you get to be so insightful?” He grinned.
“I am a priest, Kagome, remember?” She smiled.
“Oh yeah! Ha…I forget cause you never act like one.”
“Hey!” He said playfully. She laughed and pulled him into another hug, kissing him on the cheek.
“What was that for?” He asked as she pulled back.
“You’re a great friend,” she said, smiling kindly, “Once we get past the perverseness.”
“Don’t you forget it,” he said playfully, grinning. “So what are you going to do about Sango then?”
“I’m going to figure out exactly what my feelings are, and then I suppose I’ll have to tell her some time or another. Is that a good plan?” Miroku nodded.
“Yeah.” Kagome sighed in relief and smiled at him again.
“Let’s get back to making dinner. The others will be back with the rest of the supplies soon.”


“What’s wrong?” Sango asked when they were a little away from everyone else. Kagome paused before answering.
“I’ve… well, I’ve been doing a lot of thinking over the past week.”
“What about?” She shrugged.
“Life, love.”
“You don’t have another crush on a boy, do you?” Sango cut across her, sounding slightly impatient.
“You say boy like it’s a bad thing,” Kagome said softly, sighing and turning her gaze away from Sango.
“Remember, I’m a lez,” Sango said, forcing a smile onto her face, “I find a lot of boys to be irritating.” They had reached the edge of the demon slayer village, where it was fenced off next to a path. Kagome leaned back on it, gazing up at the sky, wanting to stem the flow of tears she knew were bound to come.
“I don’t know,” she whispered, staring up at the stars; if she didn’t have so much on her mind, she would’ve been able to appreciate how many stars she could see, since there weren‘t any building lights to obstruct the view.
“What’s wrong?” Sango asked softly, moving to stand in front of Kagome. Kagome finally looked at Sango and smiled weakly.
“Y’know, when I was younger my mom was driving me home after school one afternoon, and she randomly said to me ‘you know, Kagome, liking girls in a way that mum’s and dad’s like each other is wrong’.”
“Is this about me being lesbian?” Sango asked, beginning to frown. “I thought you would be more open-mind…”
“No, no Sango,” Kagome said quickly, “No, I’m completely and utterly fine with all of that. More than fine actually…” she trailed off, biting her bottom lip now.
“Then, why tell me the story about your mom?” Sango asked the angry frown on her face turning into a confused one. Kagome was silent, staring down at the ground, wondering how on earth she was supposed to tell Sango. “You… you’re not gay, are you?” Sango asked, the frown now fading into a surprised look.
“No,” Kagome said quickly, looking uncertain. “Well…I mean…I don’t know what I am.”
“Oh,” Sango said quietly, her stomach jumping wildly, strange thoughts like ‘Go for it! She likes girls, just see how she’ll react!’ running through her head. She shook them off and asked, “What do you want me to do?”
Have me,’ Kagome immediately thought, her throat beginning to feel tight, a sure sign that tears were on the way. She looked up and into Sango’s eyes, making sure the girl’s eyes were fixed on hers.
“I… don’t know.”
“Yes you do,” Sango said stubbornly, stepping forward and taking Kagome’s hands in her own, “Go on, tell me.” Kagome shook her head. “I’ll do whatever you ask me to,” Sango said softly, squeezing Kagome’s hands tightly.
“What if it’s something you don’t want to do?” Kagome asked, the tears now sliding down her cheeks as she gazed into Sango’s eyes.
“I highly doubt that.” She whispered, raising one hand to wipe Kagome’s tears away with her thumb. It was slowly dawning on her what was happening…what she had dreamed of happening every so often…what she had longed for without realising it.
“You know already, don’t you?” Kagome asked, sniffling and trying to stifle a sob, “You know me far too well.”
“Tell me for yourself,” Sango replied, resting her hand on Kagome’s cheek, stroking it softly with her thumb.
“I don’t know how to,” she whispered.
“Yes you do,” Sango whispered back, moving slightly closer.
“I… I think…”
“Yes?” Sango moved even closer, her hand still cupping Kagome’s cheek, their bodies less than an inch away from each other. Kagome’s sighed heavily and bit her lip, an idea suddenly forming in her mind. Their lips were mere centimetres apart and the smell of Sango’s body was intoxicating, making Kagome’s idea seem like a very good one. Before she knew it, her lips were on Sango’s in a soft and very innocent kiss. It ended and Kagome moved back, her senses returning, and mentally slapping herself for making such a rash move.
“Did you bring me out here to tell me you like me?” Sango asked suddenly, her eyes closed, removing her hand from Kagome’s cheek.
“Yes.” Kagome said in a small voice. A small smile spread across Sango’s face and she opened her eyes.
“Good.” The disbelief in Kagome’s face was so apparent that Sango couldn’t help laughing softly.
“Don’t look so surprised, Kagome.” She said reassuringly, pulling the older girl closer so she could wrap her arms around her waist.
“How long have you known?” Kagome asked suspiciously, pouting slightly, but not being able to resist the temptation of sliding her own arms around Sango’s neck.
“I figured it out about thirty seconds before you kissed me.” Sango replied, only just able to hold herself back from kissing Kagome’s pout.
“Oh…” Kagome trailed off, looking thoughtful.
“What are we going to do?” Sango asked, suddenly, beginning to look apprehensive. At the immediate smirk on Kagome’s face, she smiled and rolled her eyes, “I didn’t mean that. You’ve been around Miroku too long.”
“I know,” Kagome replied, now grinning, “But do you really want to worry about that now?” Sango smiled again and rested her forehead on Kagome’s.
“Maybe not.” She hesitated only for a moment before kissing the older girl again, delighting in how soft her lips felt.
“What do you want to do?” Kagome whispered, nuzzling Sango’s nose with her own softly. An image involving the two of them naked and in her old room made Sango blush furiously and avert her eyes. Kagome caught sight of the red tinge in her cheeks and grinned,
“We can do that if you want,” she murmured before kissing Sango again, tugging softly on her bottom lip with her teeth. Sango made a pleasurable murmuring in the back of her throat and kissed her back furiously, hormones taking over. She slid her hand up the back of Kagome’s head, gripping it and trying to pull her closer, feeling as though she wasn’t touching enough of this beautiful woman in her arms. She gasped when she felt Kagome’s hands enclose around her bottom, granting her wish to be closer. She broke the kiss, breathing hard, still clutching at the back of Kagome’s head.
“You okay?” Kagome asked innocently, grinding her hips slightly against Sango, making her draw a breath in sharply again and utter out only one word.
“Yes…” Kagome made a noise that sounded strangely like a growl and crashed her lips on Sango’s own again, pulling her back so she could lean against the fence; she was beginning to feel quite light-headed and wasn’t sure if her balance was going to hold up. She slid one of her hands around Sango‘s waist, to slip her fingers beneath her shirt, running fingernails along the base of her back. Sango shivered, responding by slipping her hands into the front of Kagome’s skirt and rubbing softly.
“Mmm, Sango,” Kagome moaned, the passionate kisses they were exchanging dying down to small pecks. Sango smiled happily and nuzzled Kagome’s nose again.
“Did you like that?”
“I think you know the answer to that question,” Kagome replied, grinning and biting her bottom lip. The younger girl smiled again.
“True. The only question I’m not sure about the answer to… is whether or not you’ll be continuing with me.”
“Depends on what you’re gonna do.” Kagome said with a slight smirk.
“What do you want me to do?” Sango asked, kissing her again.
“Continue this for another hour or so,” Kagome replied immediately, gazing intently into Sango’s eyes, “Although, I don’t want to push you into doing anything you…” Sango’s lips were on Kagome’s again, cutting her off mid-sentence, kissing her desperately. She could feel Kagome’s smile against her lips and couldn’t help smiling herself as the kiss deepened, tongues touching, fighting, exploring.
“Let’s go to my room,” she whispered, breaking the kiss, her hands finding Kagome’s, “You wouldn’t be pushing me into anything.” Kagome’s stomach lurched pleasantly, and her legs suddenly felt slightly numb. Her chest felt like it was going to explode and her heart flutter out. She couldn’t be bothered with masking the huge grin now on her face as the pair of them, still holding hands, walked as fast as they could back towards the centre of the village.
“Should we tell everyone we’re going to bed?” Kagome asked, panting slightly.
“Why?” Sango asked, squeezing Kagome’s hand, “It’s not like we want them to know.”
“Exactly. What if they wonder where we’ve gone, and come to your room to check for us?” Kagome replied, slowing her walking down so she could talk properly, “Do you really want Shippo or one of the guys walking in on us?”
“Oh fine, but you do all the talking, I don’t think I can think straight at the moment,” Sango said, looking grumpy. Kagome smiled and kissed the pouting girl before her.
“Patience is a virtue, you know.”
“You won’t be saying that soon,” Sango replied, pulling Kagome back for another kiss, before breaking it abruptly and beginning to head in the direction of the gang.
“I hope so,” Kagome muttered, grinning uncertainly as she followed Sango.


“Where have you two been?” Inuyasha asked rudely, as he saw the two girls approaching the group.
“Walking and talking,” Kagome said briskly to him, “We’re tired so we might go to bed.” Inuyasha grunted as Miroku raised an eyebrow slightly. “We’re staying in Sango’s old room and don’t you guys bother coming in on us.” Kagome continued impatiently as Inuyasha snorted to show his understanding.
“Just make sure you have Kiara with you and you’ll be fine.”
“We’ll see you in the morning then,” Miroku said, smiling at the girls warmly, a twinkle in his eyes, “Good night.”
“Good night,” Kagome replied, smiling as normally as she could back, before tugging Sango along towards the house. Leaving the rest of the gang to scuffle amongst themselves, the two girls continued to head in the direction of the house. They didn’t dare touch each other, or hold hands, or anything that would involve physical contact for fear of someone seeing them from afar; or for fear they would start something and not be able to stop.
Kagome was more worried about the latter, wondering how far Sango expected them to go. When they had turned a corner, she had intended on asking Sango what she wanted. But, as soon as they turned the corner, she found Sango pressing her lips against hers. And Kagome wasn’t the sort of person to deny anyone, especially Sango, pleasure.
Their tongues fought as Kagome backed Sango up against the side of the house. A strangled moan sounded from Sango’s throat, making Kagome feel like her knees were going to buckle. She moved her hands underneath Sango’s shirt, running fingernails up her spine, emitting a shiver from her.
“Bedroom,” Sango whispered finally, glancing around worriedly.
“Mmm,” Kagome moaned, kissing her one last time before tugging her quickly to the house and into the room. They disappeared behind the bedroom door, Sango closing it with a soft ‘click’.

FIN
Wowee…first Yuri btw folks…this just came outta nowhere and I don’t know if I’ll be writing anymore like this. First new story I’ve written in awhile, hope it’s good.