InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Its Just A Dream, Or Is It? ❯ Wedding ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Inuyasha and Co., but I do own Zita, Zane, Moira, Milton, Tor and Thea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 2, "Wedding."

Kagome was twiddling with her ring again when Inuyasha came down the stairs wearing the same black baggy jeans, but with a red t-shirt. His hair was long and he had his doggy-ears back. He gave her a soft smile and put on the prayer-bead neckolas. Which magically made him look like a human with short white hair and gold eyes.

"Ready to go to mom's, Kag?" Inuyasha asked. Kagome gave him a puzzled look. Why was he calling her mom..mom? Shrugging Kagome stood up and nodded. They walked to the front door and put their shoes on.

As they were walking down the Shine stairs, Inuyasha reached his hand out and grabbed hers. Intertwinding their fingers together he lead her to her mom's 'new' house.

Her mom's house was a big two story with a beautiful front yard filled with flowers.

"Why and when did mom move from the Shrine?" Kagome asked as the walked to the front door.

"You really don't remember anything do you?" Inuyasha asked sadly, "Well after we got married she thought it would be best if we got the Shrine because of the well. So she moved to this house with Souta 2 weeks after our marriage and mating." he told her as he opened the front door and walked in.

"Marriage AND Mating?" Kagome asked him, he nodded.

"Mating and getting married are two different things Kagome. One binds us till death and the other binds us forever." he told her. Kagome looked up at him confused. How could one be till death and the other be forever? Her thoughts were interupted when she heard her mother call

"Kagome? Inuyasha? Is that you! I'm in the kitchen!"

Inuyasha led Kagome into the kitchen and upon seeing her mom she burst out crying and ran to her hugging her mother like she was her life line. Inuyasha frowned, he was worried and scared. She didn't remember being his and she was crying again. He didn't like these feelings very much.

"Kagome, dear! What's wrong?" her mother ask surprise.

"Oh mom! I'm so confused!" Kagome cried. Her mom looked over at Inuyasha and saw his frown.

"Inuyasha be a dear and go to the store for me. The list is on the counter." she told him, knowing Kagome wanted to talk to her alone. Inuyasha was about to protest that she was his mate and he should take care of her, but decided against it. As soon as 'mom' told him to go, he could feel Kagome calm down.

"Alright." was all he said as he grabbed the list and some money and walked out of the Kitchen.

After he left her mom pulled away from Kagome's death grip and looked at her daughter.

"Hunny what's wrong?" she asked Kagome.

"I don't remember anything mom!" Kagome cried. "Not a thing! I don't remember getting married or mated or having six little kids!"

"Are...you serious?" her mom asked and felt her spirit fall as she saw her daughter nod her head sadly.

"Oh hunny. Maybe we should see the doctor."

"No! Mom let me speak first." Kagome said quickly. She never really liked doctors. Her mother nodded and Kagome told her about the last thing she remembered. And how she woke up finding Inuyasha in bed with her and her having sextuplets. After she finished she mother sighed,

"I don't understand it either Kagome." she said as she shook her head.

"Mom?" Kagome asked. Her mom looked at her with a sweet, caring smile only a mother could give. "Could you tell me what happened? Like, how I got married or how I had the sextuplets..please? Maybe it'll jog my memory."

"Well alright. It was a couple of weeks after you defeated that nasty Naraku demon." her mother began, but was cut off by Kagome.

"We defeated Naraku?!" she asked with excitment. Her mother nodded,

"I'm not sure how you defeated him though, all I know is that after 2 weeks Inuyasha came to me and Souta and asked for your hand in marriage." her mother put on a dreamy smile. "He told us that he wanted to get our permission first before he asked you. And of course Souta and I told him that he had better marry you!" she laughed,

"But..but what about Kikyo?" Kagome asked frownling slightly.

"Oh the woman that was suppost to look like you?" her mother asked and Kagome nodded. "Oh she died in the battle against Naraku."

"Oh..did..did Inuyasha marry me because I look like her?" Kagome asked softly.

"Oh no! He truelly loved you, and still does. He wanted to marry Kagome not Kikyo. He said so in his vows at the wedding." her mother laughed at Kagome's face.

"Well, after we told him he could marry you, he waited two days before he asked. It was so cute and sweet the way he asked. He sat outside on the tree and waited for you to come home from school. I had Souta stay home that day and keep a watch out for you so we could see him ask you."

"When he came up the Shrine steps, Inuyasha lept down from the tree and Souta called for me to come and watch. We opened the window so we could hear."

"'Kagome?' he started out and then knelt down on his left knee. 'Will you do me the honor of being my wife, my life, and being mine?' You started to cry. And him thinking that he upset you quickly stood up and hugged you. He asked you what was wrong and you said that you were just sooo happy. Which confused him."

"He asked you why you were crying if you were happy. And you said that sometimes people cry when their happy. He pulled from the hug and looked at you and asked again if you wanted to be his. And you shouted 'YES!' and hugged him. He quickly hugged back with the biggest grin I've ever seen on that boy." her mother gave a sweet sigh.

"We started to plan your wedding and you said you wished that Sango could be your maid of honor and that you had some kind of..thing to make Inuyasha look human but still have all his demon abilities. You also wished that your past friends could come at least once a month into the future to visit you."

"That jewel around your neck started to glow, which surprised both of us and I asked what that was about. You shrugged and said you didn't know. So we ignored it and continued to plan your wedding."

"Then one day a little boy with a fluffy tail came into our house shouting for you. You came down stairs to find the little boy and asked/said 'Shippo? How did you get here?' he said that he fell down the well and all of a sudden appeared here in this time. You just stared at him for a moment before you gasped and looked at the jewel that was around your neck."

"Then you said, 'So that's why it glowed! It took my wishes without me knowing!' You ran back upstairs then ran back down holding out prayer-beads. You said that you had found those laying next to your head and didn't know what they were for untill now."

"You ran out of the house, bringing Shippo with you and ran to the well and went into the feudal era. When you came back you had brought Miroku, Sango, Shippo, Kirara and a human looking Inuyasha. You showed them around the house and introduced them to us."

"They stayed for dinner then went back to the feudal era and weren't coming back till next month. As the month started to pass we had already gather the songs you would be playing at your wedding, we had already sent out invitations and now we were buying your wedding dress and Inuyasha tux. After we picked out a beautiful flowing white dress and vail we went cake shopping."

"When the time came the 'gang' came and we took them shopping for the wedding. We bought Sango a lovely pink maid of honor dress. Miroku got a tux and so did Shippo. We practist the steps and everything for wedding."

"They left again and weren't coming back till the wedding day. When that day came on June 11th 1999 it was..so..wonderful!" Her mother sniffled and wiped a tear away at the memory.

"Oh!" her mom suddenly cried, "I'll let you watch it! We have the copy of the video from your wedding!" her mom grabbed Kagome's hand and dragged her into the tv room. Kagome sat down on the couch as her mom put the video in the VCR, turned on the tv and pressed play.

Kagome watched as the camera turned on and heard Souta's voice sound out.

~*~*~Camera's point of view~*~*~

"Is it on? Okay!" Souta cleared his throat. "Ladies and Gents! This video is going to be the..Oh mom do I have to say this?" Souta asked turning the camera on his mom.

"Yes Souta!" his mom said as she straightened her red dress out.

"Fine..This video is going to be the 'loving' memory of Kagome's and Inuyasha's wedding. June 11th 1999. Right now everyone is getting ready. The ceremony won't be starting till.." the camera looked at Souta's watch, "30 minutes."

"Souta, why don't you go talk to some of the guest." Souta's mom's voice rang out from somewhere out of view. The camera started moving and turing from side to side as if looking for someone. Then the camera landed on a very nervious human looking Inuyasha. Standing by him was Miroku and Shippo. All three were wearing black tuxedos, looking pretty sharp. [a/n: ~.^]

"Hey Inuyasha!" Souta's voice yelled gathering their attention. The camera started moving towards them till it was right by them.

"What is this contraption?" Miroku asked as the carmera landed on him. His face held wonder and curiousity.

"This is a video camera." Souta replied. "It um...do you know what record means?" he asked Miroku.

"Yeah." Came Inuyasha's voice. "I told them about the video camera when I found out about it." The camera turned to Inuyasha. He gave a wide smile then looked away.

"Oh. Interesting, very interesting." Miroku said.

"Well, I'm going to go look for other people now. Why don't you guys go to the alter." Souta's voice said as he walked away. As he walked he came upon his mom and Sango. Sango was wearing a pink, slim dress. Her hair was up in a bun and had flowers around it. She was holding a small bouquet of yellow flowers.

"Hey mom! Hey Sango!" Souta called. Sango looked over and waved at the camera with a smile.

"So what'ja doin'?" Souta asked setting the camera on his mom.

"We're waiting for your sisters to come out! Kagome! It's almost time!" his mom called to Kagome who was in a room.

"Hey mom take the camera! I gotta get ready to take Kagome down the isle." Souta said as the camera wiggled about and then settled on his face. Her gave a smile and two thumbs up then ran to the main doors.

"Well I need to go to my seat. Tell Kagome to come out now if she want's to get married." Souta's and Kagome's mom said as she walked away. She entered the chapel room and took a seat next to a man with long flowing white hair and cold looking eye's. Next to him was a little girl around the age of 8 with black hair.

~*~*~Back to Kagome~*~*~

"Sesshomaru!? Sesshomaru was at my wedding!?" Kagome asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, after we defeated Naraku he became..more pleasant. I think Rin is making him soft." came Inuyasha's voice. Kagome turned around on the couch and saw Inuyasha leaning against the door way with a smirk.

"That little girl next to him is Rin, I'm guessing." Kagome said to him. She watched Inuyasha nod and then walk over to the couch.

"Can I sit here?" he asked as he pointed to a spot next to Kagome. Kagome blushed and nodded. Inuyasha smiled at her and took his seat.

"Something I'm not getting though. Where did is moon shape thingie go and the strips that were on his face go?" Kagome asked Inuyasha.

"You know the neckolas you gave me to make me look human, but still have my demon abilities?" he asked her and he held up the neckolas. Kagome shook her head and he sighed.

"Well..anyways. You gave him and Shippo one as well. Shippo uses it once a month and Sesshomaru after the wedding never used his again."

"Oh. Why is his hair long then?" she asked.

"He said he refused to have short hair. I guess the necholas knew that and decided to keep his hair long." Inuyasha shrugged. "He also refused to wear a tuxedo or any of the future clothes so that's why he still dressed like that." he said as he pointed to Sesshomaru on tv, who was trying not to notice the camera.

"Oh look there's me!" Inuyasha smiled as they watched him walking up the isle and to the alter. He looked around and drew in a deep breath. "I was so nervous." Inuyasha's smile grew as he watched himself.

~*~*~Camera again~*~*~

"Oh Master it's starting!!" Rin squealed when the doors opened to reveal, Shippo holding a pillow that had two rings on it. He started walking out followed by Miroku and Sango. They were followed by a little girl throwing flowers around.

The camera followed them as they walked up to the alter. The camera focused a minute on Inuyasha as he stood up straighter with a big grin on his face as the music began and look towards the main doors. The camera quickly went to the main doors.

There standing was Kagome and Souta. Kagome's dress was a beautiful white dress that had little flowers around the hem. Kagome had a vail covering her face, but you could see she was smiling. Kagome was holding a big bouquet of pink flowers and had one arm wrapped around Souta's arm.

They started walking down the isle. Through the vail you could see that Kagome was only looking at Inuyasha. Each step she took her smile grew. When she and Souta reached the Alter, Souta let go of her arm and pulled up her vail. Gave her a kiss on the cheek and handed her to Inuyasha. Then sat down next to his mom.

Inuyasha and Kagome took the steps up and stood before the minister. The music stopped and the minister began.

"We are gathered here today...."

~*~*~Kagome~*~*~

Kagome felt a tear run down her cheek. She had a beautiful wedding. She could see that her camera self was very much in love with Inuyasha. Her friends stood by their side and even Sesshomaru showed. Naraku was defeated and Kikyo was out of the picture. She wished she could remember how it all happened, but nothing was coming to her.

~*~*~Camera~*~*~

"Now they will say their vows." The Minister said. Inuyasha turned to Kagome and gave a wobbly smile.

"Kagome. When I first saw you I must admit..I wasn't to fond of you. But my feelings soon started to change. You were the only person who treated me like I was a person. You didn't care what I looked like, or how I acted...sometimes." quiet laughter was heard in the crowd, "You excepted me for you I am."

"And you stayed with me when you could have left many times. Even after I pushed you away, you came back to me. You showed me how to care and you taught me that I could open my heart and trust again. You showed me friendship, in many shapes and forms." Chuckles were heard from Miroku and Sango.

"You also taught me love. You showed me and told me that you loved me and would stay with me forever. Even when I told you that I was going to go with Kikyo." Inuyasha took a deep breath and his bottom lip quivered. "I know I hurt you with those words and I'm sorry." he took another breath trying to calm his voice that was wavering slightly

"I also know you thought that even if I got together with you, it would be because you look like Kikyo." now Inuyasha eyes were watery.

"I'm here today to tell you. That I love Kagome, not Kikyo. I'm here to marry Kagome Higurashi who brought me back into this world and loved me. I give my word that I will protect you, cherish you and love you. Forever." a single tear fell from his eyes and he smiled at Kagome.

"That was so sweet." came Kagome's mom's voice. "It made me cry."

Now it was Kagome's turn to say her vows. Kagome had started crying when Inuyasha said his vows, and was trying to stop as she spoke.

"Inuyasha." she took a breath,

~*~*~Kagome~*~*~

Kagome looked over at Inuyasha. He looked over at her and smile. Without thinking Kagome lunged herself at him and threw her arms around him. She felt Inuyasha wrap his arms around her as she cryed into his shirt. He loved her, really loved her. For some reason that made her unbelievably happy.

Inuyasha smile at Kagome's head. He could feel she was very happy and that made him happy. Maybe she was starting to remember again? He felt Kagome pulled away and he looked down at her. She gave a small smile and looked back at the tv.

~*~*~Camera~*~*~

"And I'll cherish and love you forever." Kagome finished. Then she and Inuyasha turned to the Minister as he began to talk.

"The Rings please." he asked and Shippo stepped foward. Inuyasha put the diamond ring on Kagome's finger and Kagome put the gold ring on Inuyasha's

"I now present Mr. and Mrs. Higurashi! You may kiss the bride." the Minister annouced. The crowd cheered as Inuyasha and Kagome kissed. The camera followed the as the walked down the isle and out the main doors. Then the camera shut off. When it back on it was Souta who had it.

"Okay. First I wan't to say is Inuyasha. Take good car of my sister! If you ever hurt her I'll hunt you down and kill you. Now that, that's said...CONGRADUATIONS!!" Souta yelled. "I've always wanted a big brother and now I have one!"

"Now let's go talk to some folks and have them give their congrats!" Souta said as he walked up to Miroku. "Hey Miroku say something to Kagome and Inuyasha about getting married."

"Well, I'm very happy you two are together. It's about time too! I was begining to think that maybe you two would never get together. Congraduations, and Inuyasha? Take good care of Lady Kagome. Oh and have fun tonight" Miroku said to the camera with a wink, back fell to the floor when a fist came from somewhere. Then the camera set on Sango

"Oh me? Okay. Kagome and Inuyasha I'm sooo happy for you two! Kagome you are like a sister to me and it's good to know that you have someone who loves you and will protect you. Inuyasha you are like a brother and I care about you. Take good care of yourself and Kagome." Sango said.

~*~*~Kagome~*~*~

Kagome giggled and blushed at all the thing's everyone was saying. Without realising it she cuddled up next to Inuyasha.

Inuyasha wrapped his arm around her waist and smiled at the things people were saying.

~*~*~Camera~*~*~

"Okay now is the time where the Bride and Groom dance!" Souta's voice said "Kagome spent HOURS teaching Inuyasha how to dance, so let's see how it goes." The camera followed Inuyasha and Kagome onto the dance floor. Inuyasha took Kagome's hand in his and put his arm around her waist as Kagome put her hand on his shoulder.

The music began to play. It was 'Forever and For Always' by Shania Twain. Not really a slow song, but a nice one to dance to.

When the song ended another began but it was an upbeat one so everyone got on the dance floor and danced.

After an hour of dancing everyone sat around the table and watched as Inuyasha and Kagome cut the cake. And fed one another.

"Well it's time to wave Inuyasha and Kagome off." Souta's voice said. The camera fixed on the group of people by the doors waiting to say goodbye to the newlyweds. They only had to wait about 5 minutes before Kagome and Inuyasha appeared. Everyone cheered and said their goodbye as Inuyasha and Kagome got into the car and drove away.

"Well, that was Inuyasha and Kagome's wedding. I hope you enjoyed watching this. Goodbye and Good night." With that said Souta turned off the Camera.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: Ugh..this chapter stunk!!! ::sighs:: I couldn't think of any other way to put it though. I redid this chapter about 20 times and it still came out stupid. I really don't like this chapter but oh well.

Don't worry about not understanding how Inuyasha could feel Kagome's feelings. That will be explaned in the next chapter, "Mating"(and no there won't be a lemon..just some detail...)

Entill next time!

-AngelOfTheMoon18 aka MoonStar18