InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Just Desserts ❯ Just a spoonful... ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

This is my first attempt at an Inuyasha YOU insertion, so feedback is much appreciated! I don't own Inuyasha (I'll try to make funnier disclaimers later on)

A/N: I don't know if there will be any type of romance in this story, but keep an eye on the rating, my stories tend to get a little away from me and take on a mind of their own. I don't intend any lemon but I'll warn you if it comes up!

~Just a spoonful of sugar helps the Shikon go down…

*~*~*~*

You have been going to school with Kagome since you both were five. You even live on the same street, and walk past her family's shrine on your way home. So how can it be that the two of you have not spoken a word to each other in all those years? You sure haven't got a clue. And why should today be any different? That's sort of a funny story.

You were standing outside school at the end of the day, talking with some of your friends when Kagome runs by nearly knocking you over. "Sorry, ________(your name)!" she calls, waving an apology. You shrug it off until you see the small glass jar on the pavement. You pick it up and see it contains several tiny slivers of some precious stone you can't identify. The chain it's attached to is broken, and you realize it must belong to Kagome. You look up to give it to her, but she's already gone. 'No big deal,' you think, 'I'll just drop it off on the way home.' And away you go.

"I'm sorry, she's sick and not seeing visitors right now," Kagome's mother informed you at the door. 'How could she be sick already?' you wondered, 'She was just fine at school a little while ago.'

"Thank you Miss Higurashi," you say, bowing and walking away. 'I guess I'll just give it to her tomorrow…' And that's when you heard the voices. You turned towards the shrine, wondering what all that racket could be about. You were more than a little suspicious, and so you climbed the steps and peeked in through the slightly ajar door where you now stand.

Kagome is standing in front of the old well, looking perfectly healthy, and engaging in a heated argument with a strange silver haired boy. At first you think it might just be the hair and clothes that are so peculiar. "Who wears bright red hammer pants?' you wonder curiously. But that's not really it, as you realize that perched atop his head are…are those puppy ears? They certainly aren't fake as they twitch forward and back in his agitation. Then again, you find yourself hoping it's a very elaborate cosplay outfit. 'Yeah right.'

"Damnit Kagome! How the hell did you just lose the Shikon shards?!?!" the boy growls, quite literally.

"I don't know, I guess I must have dropped them while I was hurrying home so that we could get through the well before dinner like you wanted me to," she shot back.

'Through the well?' You're pretty stumped by that, but one thing you're pretty sure about. The slivers in you hand are the object of this argument.

"So now it's all my fault?' the Inuyasha fellow demands.

"Well I probably wouldn't have dropped them if you hadn't-" But the boy silences her harshly and goes stock-still. You reach up a hand to knock, seeing as they didn't seem to be busy anymore 'yeah right' when he starts sniffing the air.

"There's somebody here," he growls, turning his head in your direction. You consider running, but from the looks of things, he'd catch up to you, and you have the shards he was harping on about, so gingerly you push the door inward.

"________(your name)?" Kagome asks, confused.

"Yeah, sorry," you mutter. Then you hold up the jar of shards, "You dropped this at school, and I figured I'd stop by and bring them back. Your mom said you were sick, and then I heard voices in here."

Kagome sighs, looking terribly relieved. "Thanks, ________(your name). I was really worried about them."

You shrug and start walking down the steps to hand them over, giving puppy-boy a curious once over. Those ears didn't look battery operated. You aren't looking where you were going, however, and on the last step stumble. The jar flies from your hands and shatters on the wall. You throw your hands up to protect your eyes, opening your mouth to scream as you feel something land in your mouth and instinctively swallow.

For the next few seconds the world seems to slow down as you uncover your eyes to see both Kagome and Inuyasha staring at you in shock. You turn towards where the jar shattered, and pick up a piece, but there is only one. "Weren't there three?' you think, and the full gravity of what just happened crashes down on you at the same time as the world speeds back up.

"Oh…oh my…" you whisper, lifting a trembling hand to your lips. Kagome still looks shell shocked, but Inuyasha…he looks livid.

"Idiot!" he shouts. "What the hell have you done?!"

You don't even think about it, you just turn and bolt for the door. You maybe make it up two steps before a clawed hand latches onto your ankle, jerking your leg out from under you. You watch yourself fall, feeling for all the world as if you have plenty of time to stop your head from hitting, if only your arms would obey. The pain as your head hits the steps hesitates before rocking you back, tearing a sharp cry from your throat.

The last thing you hear as you slide into darkness is a high-pitched, "Sit boy!"

*~*~*~*

Alright people! Feedback por favor! You SWALLOWED the jewel shard! Silly you!! Now what are the Inuyasha crew going to do with you? Find out in the next installment of 'Just Desserts' (hope you get the real meaning in that now!) Until we meet again *bows and fades*