InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Just This Once ❯ Ketchup On The Pants ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"So, you're his older brother," Miroku said slowly, pointing at the indignant Sesshomaru with a straw and accidentally splashing him with a bit of Coke, "but you guys hate each other's guts."

Sesshomaru sat up, his back straight and stiff. He had been annoyed at having to leave the sanctuary of his home, and was even more ruffled by the fact that he was dallying with these common people at a common fast -food restaurant.

"Yes," he replied dryly. "Although I wouldn't use such strong a word." His gaze traveled lazily to his younger brother. "Loathe is more like it."

Inu -yasha (who was playing with the napkin dispenser) shot his brother a withering look.

"I see," Miroku drawled out, glancing over at Kagome. She was obviously smitten with Inu -yasha. Her face rested in her hands while she stared on dreamily at him.

From Kagome's POV:

Oh, wow… He's SO dreamy! It's like it was all fate for us to meet. And compared every guy I've known, especially to his brother (here, she shot Sesshomaru a look of disgust), he's kind, smart, loyal, generous, loving…

As you can purely see, love sometimes frazzles the minds of young lovers.

From Inu -yasha's POV:

……whoa…..more napkins come out……

Not much, is there?

From Sesshomaru's POV:

I can't believe it! Did she…? Yes she did! She, little nasty common thing, smirked, at me! At me! Why that little brat…If she was one of my workers, she'd be fired just like that! Wait…workers…

As Sesshomaru drifted off, he started to contemplate on her last name.

Higurashi…Higurashi…Oh!

Leaping up, he slammed his palms face down onto the table, causing many of the nearby customers to stare.

Kagome shrank back in surprise. Gods, he was quite an imposing figure! He breathed heavily as he brought his face close to hers, and rasped out, "You are the only daughter of the late Michaleon Higurashi, the former owner of the Shikon Industries, are you not?

Kagome stood up, returning his glares with ones of her own. "Yeah," she said, ruffled by the arrogance spiced in his words. "He was. Now I am, ever since he left the company to me."

"Oh how awful," he replied, settling back into the plastic chair with a self -satisfied smirk. "Well, that explains a lot."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Oh nothing."

"Well," she shot back. 'If that's all you're going to say, I think I'll go home now. Inu -yasha, do you need to get anything you'll need before you move in?"

Sesshomaru almost spit out his coffee. "What?"

Kagome and Inu -yasha exchanged winks.

"Oh you know," Miroku teased him playfully. "We'll be looking after him from now on you know, keep him out of your hair. Take him with us and keep a close eye on him. A very close watch. He'll be living with us, you know…"

"Www...what?!"

The sight of Sesshomaru losing all dignity and sputtering brought along an amused look from Inu -yasha and Kagome.

From Kagome's POV:

Jeez, this probably sounds so strange, but when he's confused, it's actually like he's human. Not that he ever is…

From Miroku's POV:

Well, what do you know? That guy actually has more emotions besides being impatient, cold, and cool. I take back my early comparison of him to a rock. He more closely resembles a clam.

From Sesshomaru's POV:

He's going…he…he…what the…he…WHAT?! He's going to stay with her?!!!! Not that I'm jealous, of course not, but still, him? And her? Bbb..bbb…but… Must stay calm. Must regain cool. A true man never loses his cool. Never.

Sesshomaru stared disbelievingly at the rest of the party. Kagome made sure her eyes were opened as wide as they could go, and looked innocently up at him.

From Sesshomaru's POV:

Agh, she's looking at me. Jesus, her eyes are bright…

Finally feeling his temper stretch to the breaking point, he stood up. "Fine," he snapped. "If you decide to be the fools taking him in, be it. I'll be counting off the days till he ends up blowing both the apartment and you up."

And with that, he walked off, not noticing that he had a dirty napkin with ketchup stains tucked into his back pocket. Kagome and Miroku watched bemusedly while a stain spread across the seat of his pants. Inu -yasha grinned. "Do you really mean it, can I stay?"

"Of course!"

A/N: Thanks SO much for all the reviews! I had the time of my life reading them, they were so funny! I have a lot of good ideas now, and am ready to keep going. I think this story will end around ten to twelve chapters, not too long.

Mucho thanks to:

Kwool-sesshou-fan, Honey Bee33, bubbley-girl, and inukagonly.

Thanks for your reviews!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! R&R everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!