InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Just Your Average Fairytale ❯ Once Upon A Time ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don not own InuYasha, its characters or any quotes I may use.
 
A/N: Hey all…DemonWitch here…This “chapter” is really short but I wanted to get this idea out…kinda…lol…anyways…for those of you who are reading my other story(s) I'm going to try and balance doing all three at once….If so I hope to be getting a chapter out once a week...instead of every few days..
I'll get the next chapter of this up as soon as I can.
SORRY IT'S SO SHORT!
 
 
 
Stories come in all shapes and sizes; sad or happy, scary, funny or adventurous. And some stories can be found with in another story….if one were to look….
 
PROLOGUE: ONCE UPON A TIME
 
The house was quite now; no one running down the stairs for breakfast, or slamming the door because they were late for school. No, that time has past and now all was quite.
It has been 37 years since Kagome first fell down the well and met InuYasha; now they have a family of their own. A daughter named Angel, who married a human and in turn had her own daughter. Whom she named Anna.
“Grandma, will you come and tell me a story?”
Kagome Higurashi looked up from her book and smiled, “Why Anna, I thought you were already in bed?”
A little girl shook her head and her black braids went flying about, “No. Mom always tells me a story, so I won't get scared.”
Over on the couch a silver haired hanyou grunted, “Just go and tell her the story Kagome. Get her to bed already.”
Kagome glared slightly at InuYasha and shook her head, “He never changes.”
She sat her book on the table and stood, “Alright Anna. I'll come and tell you a story.”
Anna squealed in delight and raced up the stairs, Kagome laughed softly has she slowly followed her.
Angel and her husband were out of town and asked Kagome and InuYasha to watch Anna.
Kagome opened the door to her old room and smiled as Anna snuggled deeper into the covers.
She had Kagome's raven hair, and InuYasha's golden eyes. Just like her mother. But while Angel had small little dog ears like InuYasha, Anna looked completely human.
Kagome sat next to her granddaughter and smiled down at her, “What do you want to hear?”
Anna shrugged, “I don't know. Mom would read to me out of a fairytale book. Do you have one?”
Kagome shook her head, “No, I'm sorry. I think you took the one I had to your house.”
Anna's little face scrunched up as she thought, “Can you make up one?”
“Well…I don't know. I could try. I've never made up a story before.”
Anna's eye got big, “Not even for mom?”
“No, I always read to her, like she does to you. Now I wish I had kept those books.”
Anna giggled, “You gave them all to me!”
Kagome nodded and laughed, “Yes. You're right, I did.”
The wind lightly rattled the window, causing Kagome to look up.
The moonlight shone brightly through the glass, casting a shadow on the floor. It was from the old tree out in the courtyard. Kagome smiled to herself.
The Tree of Ages.
At that thought, many memories flooded back to Kagome and she laughed softly, “You know Anna. I don't have to make it up. I have the perfect story for you.”
Anna scooted closer and watched Kagome intently.
Kagome looked back at the tree, a smile tugging at her lips.
“Once upon a time…”