InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome and the Pirate Captain, The Silver Hanyou (old version) ❯ New Quest ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hey guys, sorry it took so long! I now have a new doggie! He's a bloodhound puppy! He's huge! He's only about 3 months and almost the size of a Golden Retriever!
 
I'm probably not going to update as much as I used too.
 
I got mixed reviews on the last Chapter. But only 2 negative. But anywho… Story time! This is an extremely short chapter. It's more of a filler. But Hai!
 
 
 
Chapter 21: The New Quest:
 
 
 
Kagome woke up midday on the chest of her sleeping husband. She reflected on last night. She was now a wife! She looked him over. She laid silently on his chest, curled up in his warmth, legs intertwined and arms tightly holding one another. She smiled and moaned in happiness, feeling him embrace her tighter. She heard a passionate, but groggy voice,
 
“Mmm, Good morning”
 
He rolled over to his side and propped himself up with his arm as Kagome laid flat on the bed. He smiled really big as he looked over his wife. She was still a bit shy for some odd reason, but she smiled and said,
 
“Good morning.”
 
His smile was full of warmth and happiness. For the first time in his life, he was truly happy. He then put his arm on the other side of her and propped himself over her, caressing her cheek with his free hand and in a passionate, joy-filled voice said,
 
 
“Yesterday was the happiest day of my life, and as long as you stay by my side, everyday will be my best day.”
 
Her eyes shimmered as she gave a warm smile and drew him in down to engage into what she thought was going to be a sweet small kiss, but he had other ideas that lead to “spousey activities”. When they laid back down to cuddle, a knock came at the door.
 
Inuyasha growled,
 
“Dammit!!” Then yelled, “What the hell is it?”
 
It was Miroku,
 
“I guess the word got out Captain! They know…”
 
“Oh SH…. !”
 
He said as he flew out of bed to get his pants on. Kagome was panicky also. She had almost forgotten that her husband was a hunted bounty. He came over to give her a quick kiss.
 
 
“Get as dressed as you can and wait here.”
 
He ran out of the door. Kagome jumped when she hear the sound of gunshots. They sounded like they were off the ship, then he heard a whole bunch of yelling. It was in Spanish! But what surprised her even more was when her husband yelled back in perfect Spanish! All off a sudden, Miroku opened the door and shoved Sango inside.
 
 
“You girls stay in here until we are not docked. If they see you, then they most certainly won't give up.”
 
Then Miroku spotted that Kagome was only covering herself with sheets. He tried not to stare and smile. The captain called him just in time.
 
“Miroku!”
 
“I'm coming, Captain! I gotta go!”
 
He said as he slammed the door. The girls silently sat on the bed, listening to the fight. Finally the felt the ship jolt as it began to move. Inuyasha started to bark orders to the crew. Kagome and Sango grew tense until the heard the gunfire get farther away. Inuyasha came in,
 
 
“Ok, Ladies, it's safe.” Inuyasha said as He came in.
 
He smiled as Kagome stared at him. Kagome smiled back. Sango then got uncomfortable.
 
“I think I'll leave you two alone.” She said as she slipped past Inuyasha. He closed the door and slowly walked to the side of the bed. Kagome just stared at him.
 
“I thought I told you to get dressed.”
 
He said with a humorous voice.
 
“Sorry, I forgot.” Kagome said totally serious, then he jumped on the bed and hovered over her. With a seductive smile and passionate voice with a hint of a growl, he said,
 
“Good”
 
 
They were unaware that the rest of the crew heard them. They tried to ignore it, but it was kind of hard. Sango sighed and went down into the galley, Shippou close behind. Miroku had a smile as he watched her move, but snapped out of it. But below deck,
 
“Sango? What are The Captain and Kagome doing? They sound like they are hurting eachother.”
 
Innocent little Shippou looked up at the older girl. Sango blushed,
 
“Not till you are older, dear.” She said.
 
Shippou stomped,
 
“I hate being a kid!”
 
Meanwhile, Miroku stared at the cabin door,
 
“Lucky bastard!”
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~~*\
 
 
It was sunset. Kagome was the one to volunteer as helmsman…well, helmswoman. She did as she was told and kept her eyes on the compass. She thought about the life she will now lead with her husband being, “The Silver Hanyou”. She was then confused. Did he want to continue being a ruthless pirate? Leaving her at home with their children as he and the other men would go out and plunder? She got a knot in her stomach. Supposedly, this jewel was going to change all that. It was strange. She only has known Inuyasha for almost 3 months, but she knew he was the one God sent to her. God loves to work in that way. Turn things around to the once thought impossible. She wondered what her child looked like, her family would be…
 
 
“Mommy! Mommy! Look at this!”
 
A little girl with white hair and amber eyes said holding up a colorful seashell.
 
“That's beautiful, sweetheart,” Kagome said with a smile.
 
The girl held it up higher,
 
“It's for you mommy!”
 
“Oh, really?”
 
She smiled and took the seashell from her daughter's hand. They continued to walk the shoreline, palm trees shattered along the shore. She watched as her daughter splashed in the tide. A little boy with long ebony hair and dog ears ran to her. He was older then the little girl.
 
“Hey, Mom! Look what dad got for me!”
 
It was a model ship that looked like the one they sailed on when they first were married.
 
“That's great my dear!”
 
Then she heard his voice behind her.
 
“Kagome! Kagome!...
 
 
“Kagome! Wake up!”
 
With a jolt, she blinked herself back into her present reality. Inuyasha held her around the waist and was gently talking into her ear. She looked back.
 
“Huh? What? I'm sorry”
 
“I'm just here to tell you dinner's ready and Henry will take the helm.”
 
She smiled and waited for Henry to arrive. Inuyasha backed off to let her give it to Henry. Finally Inuyasha escorted her to the galley
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*
 
 
Samuel spread the treasure map onto the table.
 
 
“It looks as though the path starts at the west and leads east, then north.”
 
Inuyasha carefully studied the map. He had Kagome read each Inscription.
 
“What does it say, here at the beginning?”
 
“It says, `If you seek the jewel, you do not know what perils lay ahead if you survive. Booby traps are at every turn.”
 
 
Samuel, Paul, Charley and Miroku started to look nervous.
 
“Keh! It's probably to scare us”
 
Kagome looked up at him quickly.
 
“Wha…”
 
“Just tell me what the rest of it says.”
 
Kagome gave a concerned look to her husband. He looked cool and calm. She sighed and continued,
 
“First you will see the Skeleton that points east down a path. Watch out for your lives.”
 
Kagome swallowed before reading on,
 
“After you come to hangman's tree, take the right path. Climb over the large mountain. This is a path of certain death.”
 
Samuel gulped,
 
“Ca…Capt…”
 
“Shhhhhhhhhhh!” He shushed him up.
 
Kagome continued to read the read of the map. It sounded long and difficult.
 
“Samuel, how long till we are there?”
 
Samuel was shivering,
 
“About a day, Sir.”
 
“Good.”
 
Inuyasha had a very satisfied look on his face. Kagome stared at him in disbelief.
 
“Now let's get to bed. Tomorrow will be a long day”
 
He said as he ordered everyone to bed. Kagome was silent.
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
Kagome silently waited for Inuyasha to come to bed. He was still in the galley studying the treasure map. Kagome was kind of nervous. Why did her husband want that jewel so bad? She could think of a few reasons, but it still it worried her. Then her husband finally came in. He saw the look on her face and was almost worried.
 
 
“Are you okay, my love?”
 
Kagome looked up at him with a smile and said,
 
“Nothing worries me as long as I'm with you.”
 
Which was mostly true, but she still had commonsense. Inuyasha changed into his bedwear and climbed under the covers with her. He sniffed.
 
“I smell fear and doubt. What's really wrong?”
 
She forgot that he had the senses of a dog. She just sighed and said,
 
“I'm just a little nervous about the treasure hunt. It sounds very dangerous.”
 
Inuyasha drew her in closer and said,
 
“Keh! They are just sayings to scare us, besides, I won't ever let anything hurt you. I'll protect you for life.”
 
She snuggled into him.
 
“Inuyasha…”
 
“Kagome…”
 
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````***``````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````````````````````````````````````
 
A/N: I told you that it'd be short! My husband is gone all week so that gives me more time to write, so expect a few more upcoming updates!
 
THANK YOU FOR YOUR FANMAIL!
 
To everyone who has e-mail me, THANK YOU! I love fan mail.
 
Please don't forget to goto my homepage to check out my videos and art! The addie is on my profile.
 
Till next chapter, KUDOS!