InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's Boom Box ❯ I Am ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome's Boombox

Part 5

The song began with the promise of the lively tone to come. Shippo got up from where he was sitting to be closer to the boombox. The little fox's ears twitched happily to the beat as he plopped himself down by the device. Miroku absentmindedly twirled his ringed staff in his hands.

Sagasou yume no kakera hiroiatsume

Setsunakute mo ima nara sagaseru darou

Mekurumeku mainichi no katachi kaete

Setsunakute mo tashika na ima o kanjiyou

Not having expected the sudden blast of audio excitement, Shippo flopped over on his back, blocking his pointed ears momentarily as they adjusted to the song. Kagome, Sango, and Miroku could not help but laugh at the little boy.

Mikake yori mo tanjun de dakedo tsutaekirenakute

Iitai koto wa itsumo POKETTO ni shimatteru ne

Shippo scrambled up the tree to the branch where Inu Yasha was reclining. The dog hanyou was less than pleased to have his personal perch invaded, but it was only momentary as the fox bounced over to the leafy end and bounced off, popping into the pink bubble shape and flipping to the ground like a pro. Inu Yasha spat an unamused 'feh!' while the others applauded cheerfully.

Kodomojimita koto nante ima sara ienai

Toki ga kaiketsu suru to ka yuu kedo wakariaezuni

"Feh!" Inu Yasha repeated, annoyed that the others would make so big a deal out of a simple trick. "I bet if I did that, no one would cheer for me!"

"Are you jealous, Inu Yasha?" Miroku teased.

"Of that brat?" the hanyou growled incredulously. "Not a chance in ANY of the seven hells!"

"Inu Yasha's jealous! Inu Yasha's jealous!" Shippo chanted. When he got no reaction, the fox promptly gave the grump an extra 'raspberries' face.

Nijuuyo jikan kimi o shinjiteru yo

Mitsumeteru yo arifureta kotoba demo

Toki wa itsumo isogi ashi de warau

Omoide yori motometai ima o mitsukeyou

Finally infuriated, Inu Yasha leapt from the tree and took off after Shippo. The two scrambled everywhere, from the over the roof to the tangled treetops. The fox was laughing the entire way, glad to have finally pulled Inu Yasha from his lazy little spot. Kagome warned the older demon not to hurt the little boy, but when Inu Yasha finally caught Shippo and reared back to pound him, the future girl promptly flattened him with the magic word.

Ugokidasanakya hajimannai nayamidasu to tomerannai

Hitoyo kagiri no yume ni amaete itaku wa nai shi

"Oi, Inu Yasha!" Shippo stood over the crushed hanyou. "I was just playing around! You didn't have try killing me, you know!"

"Keh!" Inu Yasha spat. "If you don't want trouble, you shouldn't ask for it!"

"You're the one that asked for it by trying to hit me." the fox blinked. Inu Yasha could only growl.

Otome CHIKKU na negai mo sono mama okizari

Ai ga subete SA bokura no jidai wa koko kara hajimaru

No sooner had the spell worn off then Inu Yasha was back up in his tree. Shippo frowned, but resigned himself to sitting by the boombox with the others. Kagome could see the disappointment in the little boy's eyes.

"Inu Yasha," she called. "Shippo was just wanted you to join in on the fun. Won't you at least come down from there?"

"If your idea of fun is listening to that noise and bouncing around like an idiot, then I'd rather be BORED!!"

Sora o tsukinuketeku tori mitai ni NE

Oozora mau IMEEJI ga ugokidasu

Arukou michi wa tooku tsuzuki keredo

Itsu no ma ni ka kagayakidasu DAIYAMONDO

"I actually think it's quite nice." Miroku commented. "A little faster and different than what I'm used to hearing, but pleasant nonetheless."

"Call me crazy for saying so, ---" Sango mused.

"Fine! You're crazy!" Inu Yasha smirked. The next thing the hanyou knew, he'd been belted by Hirakotsu.

"As I was SAYING,…" the taijiya set her weapon back down. "it seems as though the words were meant for us."

"Really?" Kagome blinked, thinking about that for a moment. Recalling several of the lyrics, she realized just how right her friend was.

Nijuuyo jikan kimi o shinjiteru yo

Mitsumeteru yo arifureta kotoba demo

Toki wa itsumo isogi ashi de warau

Omoide yori motometai ima o mitsukeyou

Rubbing the new lump forming on his head, Inu Yasha scowled quietly on his perch. How could they just sit there and enjoy themselves while Naraku was probably collecting shards like there was no tomorrow? Did they even care?

The dog demon sighed and resigned himself to wondering how in the seven hells he had wound up with such a carefree group. Ok, maybe they did have their own individual worries and problems, but by the looks of them this moment, it certainly didn't seem that way. He himself definitely had more than his share of troubles, but the difference between him and the rest of the group, aside from the demon blood, was that they had chosen to put their worries away for awhile.

Sagasou yume no kakera hiroiatsume

Setsunakute mo ima nara sagaseru darou

Mekurumeku mainichi no katachi kaete

Setsunakute mo tashika na ima o kanjiyou

Inu Yasha watched the boombox with a mixture of intrigue and annoyance. While the device did put out some rather irritating, as well as indecent, music, he had to admit that it did have its uses. It could definitely scare away animals, he mused, but it could also attract the unwanted attention of other youkai. Maybe after everyone was asleep, he'd take a closer look at the thing.

"Play another one! Play another one!" Shippo grinned broadly and bounced around as the song came to an end.

"Ok, Shippo, ok!" Kagome reached for her CD case before the little boy got too hyper or impatient.

~~~~~~~~~~

I promised an Inu Yasha song, and here it is! For those of you who want me to use "Dearest" or "Every Heart," your patience (or lack there of) will be rewarded! I promise! There's another song that was suggested in someone's review that I plan on using, but I'm not gonna spoil it for anyone!

As usual, like it? Hate it? Wanna suggest a song? Tell me! I'm open and responsive to your feedback, so bring it on!