InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's Heart ❯ "Don't You Get It?" ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sure, anyway, here is the fifth-part to...what was this story called again? (Just pulling your leg!) Kagome's Heart!
 
_______________________________________________________________
 
Kagome's Heart
Part 5: “Don't You Get It?”
 
Kagome begged to the high God to let them escape without Kikyo finding them, but as soon as they began to exit the lair, Kikyo appeared before them.
 
“You can't escape so easily.” Kikyo sneered.
 
“Get out of my way!” Inuyasha barked.
 
________________________________________________
 
“Never!” Kikyo growled hoarsely
 
Inuyasha bared his teeth and hissed, “Kikyo, just leave me alone! I don't love you any more! Don't you get it?! I want you out of my life...FOREVER!!!”
 
Kikyo's eyes took on a stunned look and for a moment she let her guard down. It was long enough for Inuyasha to attack fully at her. His claws dragged across her cheek, leaving huge marks behind. Kikyo fell heavily to the ground.
 
Inuyasha grabbed Kagome's hand and ran with her to the deep security of the dark woods.
 
When they stopped, Kagome sighed and slumped to the ground tiredly. Inuyasha looked at her worriedly.
 
“Are you okay?” Kagome nodded slowly.
 
“I was just thinking about Kikyo.” Kagome whispered putting her hand against her head.
 
“Why would you want to think about her?” Inuyasha asked, disgusted. Kagome shot him a nasty look.
 
I have good reason to think about her!” Kagome snapped, standing up. “I am her reincarnation, in case you have forgotten! And...” the last part was whispered softly. “Our hearts are the same.”
 
“What are you talking about, baka?!” Inuyasha barked.
 
“I said mine and Kikyo's hearts are the same, and they are! We both love you, Inuyasha; we would both do anything for you. Don't you get it? The only difference between us is that she is dead...” Kagome sunk to her knees crying loudly.
 
Inuyasha stood stunned, not used to these kinds of outbursts. He did not know how to comfort her. “Kagome, you're not like Kikyo. You are better than Kikyo.”
 
“But...” Kagome stammered. Inuyasha cut her off by sinking to his knees and grabbing her hands.
 
“No buts, Kagome. You are lighter, purer. Kagome you are good! Kikyo is evil; she has been since Naraku corrupted her. There is nothing we can do but put her evilness to rest.” Inuyasha kissed Kagome's hands and then kissed her tears away. “Kagome, I...” he was cut off by a high-pitched cackle.
 
“Don't tell me you believe him, Kagome? That's the way he makes girls like us fall hard. Do you really want to be like me? Don't you get it? He only loves himself...” Kikyo stated faltering as tears tried to force through her human shell.
 
Inuyasha growled at her. “Shut up, Kikyo!” Kikyo only laughed at him.
 
“Kikyo...stop it!” Kagome said standing up. “I know Inuyasha! He is not like that! Can't you see it, Kikyo? Don't you get it? He loved you...once. You loved him just as much, but then Naraku appeared and corrupted you! Kikyo, come back...home.”
 
Kikyo started to cackle again but then stopped short. Her eyes took on a purple hue and her body began to glow a silvery white. Inuyasha stared in awe at the awesome spectacle.
 
He then looked to Kagome and saw she also was glowing! Inuyasha gasped as he tried to get her to snap out of it. “Kagome! Are you okay? Kagome, don't leave me! Don't you get it? I love you.” A tear leaked from the corner of his eye and fell onto Kagome's cheek.
 
The glow than dissipated and Kagome fell limply into Inuyasha's arms.
 
Kikyo's body than began to turn to dust and blow away, back to its original home.
 
Kagome's eyes fluttered open and she called out weakly for Inuyasha.
 
“I'm here, Kagome. I'm here.” Inuyasha whispered to her, holding her closely.
 
“She's gone Inuyasha. Her spirit is in me. I am fully her reincarnation. Do you still love me?” Kagome asked, tears falling from her eyes.
 
Inuyasha laughed a little. “Don't you get it? I love your heart.” Kagome smiled at him and their lips met in an earth-shattering kiss.
 
“Well, well.” A voice said from the bushes, followed by a sound of a frisbee hitting someone on the head.
 
_________________________________________
 
I'M FINISHED!!!! Did you see how I used “Don't you get it?” so much in the chapter? That was the chapter title, remember. Does anyone know who was in the bushes? Let me give you a hint, pervert. That's right! It was Miroku with Sango not far behind, ready to give out a beating or two! Well, I must go now, God Bless y'all!