InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's New Baby Brother! ❯ chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome's new baby brother chapter 2

***************************

The hut erupts as Miroku begins to explain about what a sperm bank is. Kagome, with a very flushed face, retreats to the back of the hut, sits down, and covers her face.

Sango, after a couple of minutes, stalks out of the hut.

Miroku stops his explanation and follows her.

After chasing her into the woods, He catches her.

She twists around and they stare at each, nose to nose.

A pause . . .

"Sango." Miroku begins. His mouth twitches into a semi-smile, "Strange. I'm supposed to know every word there is, but right now, I don't know what to say."

Sango's mouth twitches as well. "Neither do I, monk. Do we have anything to say to each other?"

He takes a deep breath. "I hope and pray that we do, Lady Sango."

A pause.

He clears his throat. "When I read her letter, explaining about the sperm bank and her offer to carry my child, I'll be honest, I didn't think it would work and only agreed on a whim."

Sango grimaces and shakes her head, "Monk, I just don't know. If you had mentioned it before you did it . . . "

Miroku prompts with "and?"

Sango shakes her head again, and says, "It is, I'm sure, the best thing for you. You have a child, born in the future, when the miracles that Kagome so casually dismisses are common. In the future when Naraku is dead, so your curse is gone, and so, your child will grow up free of it." Tears begin to form in her eyes.

Miroku reaches out with his hand and takes her hand. "No groping?" She mutters.

Miroku grimaces and whispers, "I am learning, if slowly, Sango. If I do that now, I will drive you away." He stares into her eyes. "And I will never want to do that." He reaches up to her face, so he can brush away the tears.

"Why, then, this?" He shows her his wet fingertips.

"I don't know." More tears form, her voice catches as says, "I want to be mad at you. But. I can't. There was no way you'd refuse that offer, and if you had told me about it . . . I would have told you to accept it. Having a child means . . . so much to you and Kagome's mothers offer." She shakes her head.

"I can't even get mad at Kagome or her mother. All I can do is wonder at Kagome's mothers generosity and thank the gods for the good fortune that allows us to know them. I could never have made that offer. To make such an offer to a man, I've never met face to face, and still be kind enough, to offer my womb so his family could live." More tears fall.

"Yes, Kagome and her family are special." Miroku whispers. "I've known that since I met her. I accepted her offer, partially as thanks for all Kagome and her family has done for us."

"Yes."

"Then are these tears of anger or sadness?" he whispers. "Or perhaps are they tears of joy?"

"Tears of joy, mainly. Some are sadness . . . I had . . . " Sango shakes her head. "When Naraku is dead, I had hoped . . . " her voice chokes up.

Miroku swallows hard, "yes. That was my hope as well."

Sango stares at him, she grabs him and whispers, her lips brushing his ear, to him, "I had hoped . . . that . . . I could have . . . "

"Yes." Miroku whispers back. "And, no matter what, Sango, I want that as well."

Sango swallows and she continues to hug him. "Then." She licks her lips. "Then, when Naraku is dead, you will ask me."

Miroku nods. "It will give me great pleasure to do so." He grins.

A pause as they stare into each others eyes.

Sango's eyes narrow and she reaches down. "You are one perverted monk. You know that."

"It would take a man of iron not to be affected by you, my dear Lady Sango."

"Hrmph. Man of iron, indeed." Sango releases Miroku and she spins around. "Straighten up your clothes, monk."

Miroku adjusts his clothes.

"Miroku, I would like to be alone for a while." Sango says as she stares into the forest. "I need to think."

Miroku swallows, "very well, lady Sango. I will return to the village." He turns to leave.

But . . . Sango grabs his shoulder and twists him around and kisses him. It is a long and deep kiss, as she bends him over her knees. She straightens him up and releases him from her lips.

"That. Monk. Was congratulation." A pause. "And a promise for the future."

She spins around and stalks off into the woods.

Miroku stands there, his mouth open, his lips bruised from the force of her kiss. `I've got to clean up. Lost control there.' A wet stain is slowly forming on his robes.

The end

The letter from Kagome's mother to Miroku at the beginning of the story . . .

My dear Miroku,

I have learned of your curse, both from my daughter and from the letters we have shared. This knowledge has caused me a great deal of anguish and a strong desire to help you. Because of that, I have explored present day knowledge, to see if I can find a cure for your curse. I have, I think, found a solution. In this letter you will find a pamphlet from a local sperm bank. It will tell you how the bank operates and the science behind it.

My offer is to deposit your sperm in the sperm bank. (Just use the ice chest for storage and make sure my daughter brings it to me, as soon as possible.) This will allow your family to grow-up in a time when Naraku is dead. I am sure that you, my daughter, and your friends will kill him. But, I am afraid, that the battle with him will be dangerous and thus, I make this offer, just in case something horrible should occur.

Also, Miroku, should you accept my offer to deposit your sperm in the bank, I will also offer my womb to you. I still have a couple of childbearing years left, and truthfully, I would love an additional child. Hopefully, your knowledge of my daughter Kagome will inform you about my abilities to raise a child properly.

Ps. The pictures and stories of you, that my daughter has made, also influenced my decision. You are a very handsome and very brave man. It would be a disgrace if your family did not continue.

Thank you

Kagome's mother

**********************

Authors' note: I do want to add this into my stories. But, this story is designed to stand alone. I'll probably begin to adapt this into my stories. (By having Kagome bring pictures of her mother as she grows, then pictures of the baby boy, etc.) exactly how and where I'll start mentioning this I'm not sure, but I will sooner or later.

________________________________

thank you for reading

jeff shelton