InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's Test ❯ Kagome's Test ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

This is only my second fan fiction. Please don't flame. I hate flaming. You can tell me you don't like my writing without being rude or hurtful. I ask for your honesty. I also hate it when people are really nice to you so they don't hurt your feelings. Trust me I can take it. I can't learn and grow as a writer if no one will tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Feel free to e-mail or instant message me at anytime. My e-mail is animelover12211988@yahoo.com. My screen name is jr4q9 at both Yahoo and AOL messenger. I'm on AIM more often then Yahoo.

This story contains light cursing. Not too much but it's still there. Please don't be offended. If you don't like swearing then you'll have to just deal. There is less then 10 swears in the story.

Guide: "…" = speech,

***** = scene change,

^^^^^ = happening simultaneously but to different characters or from another character's point of view,

~…~ = thoughts,

(…) = author commentary to help create better comprehension of the story.

With all that out of the way, enjoy. ^_^ I'm not really all that serious. I was just getting the important information out of the way. I'm really fun, and easy to talk to. If you ever are online feel free to im or e-mail me. I love to hear from my readers and fellow anime lovers. ­^_^

*************************************************************** *********

Title- Kagome's Test

"Aim for his forehead Inuyasha!"

"I'm on it!" The inu hanyou yelled as he ran to his opponent. He struck the youkai on his forehead, cutting the demon in half. "Get the shard Kagome," Inuyasha ordered as he landed.

Kagome ran to the dead demon. It was still twitching as she reached out for the Shikon Shard. When her hand touched the dying youkai body she felt something go through her. It was like lightning. Her whole body seized up as the shock went from her fingers, up her spine, and to her brain. For a split second she felt as if something went into her brain. But as soon as it happened it ended. The sensation left and her mind went back to being hers. The shard fell out of her hand and onto the ground. The demon immediately became nothing but ash and dust. Kagome fell on her knees, right in the remains of the demon. She was in shock.

~What was that? ~ She questioned, as she looked at her hands, puzzled. ~It was like I lost control of my mind for a moment. Like something went inside of me. ~

"Kagome? Are you ok? Kagome, hey bitch stop ignoring me!" Inuyasha yelled concerned. ~What just happened? Her scent totally changed for a second, then went back. I can still smell the foreign scent on her. Only slightly, but it's still there. ~

"Na…Nani? I'm sorry Inuyasha. I didn't mean to ignore you," she said, still dazed.

"What happened?"

"I don't know. I went to get the jewel shard, as usual. But when I touched it, it felt like something went through me. But I feel fine now," she informed him, still slightly in awe. She finished her statement with a rather large yawn. ~When did I get so sleepy? ~

In one swift movement, Inuyasha scooped Kagome into his arms and headed back the direct they had come from.

"What are you doing, Inuyasha?" asked a blushing Kagome. "You're going the wrong way. And I'm perfectly capable of walking. Let me go."

"Will you stop struggling? If I carry you we can get there faster. I saw an abandoned hut on the way here. You are tired, right?" He asked the squirming girl in his arms as he glanced down at her. ~She's so beautifu… No! Inuyasha stop thinking stuff like that. Its just Kagome. ~ The hanyou argued with himself inwardly.

Kagome had stopped struggling. She knew he had a very good point. Plus she was just too tired. ~When did I get this tired? ~ She questioned as strong arms placed her gently down. ~All I did was take a shard out of a youkai. The fight its self was even short and simple. Especially for an opponent with a shard. Almost too easy. ~ She thought as drowsiness overtook her.

Inuyasha watched her for a moment. ~She looks so peaceful. Almost, angelic. Feh! What am I saying? ~ He thought as he started a fire. But suddenly his attention was taken away from the flame.

~That smell! It's coming back. ~ He turned around quickly to check on Kagome. ~Kagome's scent is fading and the other is coming back. Is it taking her over? What's going on? ~

Kagome no longer looked peaceful. Her face was tightened as if she were in pain. Inuyasha went to her side and kneeled beside her.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

~What's going on? Why is everything dark? My body! It's not responding. ~ Kagome was frantic. She had no idea what was happening. She seemed to be floating in darkness. ~Where's Inuyasha? Is he ok? ~ She breathed sharply. ~Light! ~ She exclaimed silently. She willed herself toward it. Though she couldn't feel herself moving, the light grew brighter and seemingly closer.

She soon found herself in a blindingly, pure, white light. ~Wait! Bright white light, oh no! Please don't let me be dead. ~ She pleaded. She was standing, or at least appeared to be standing in nothingness. Not a being for miles around. "Where am I?"

"I will be asking the questions."

"Who said that?" Kagome asked as she looked around herself. She hadn't sensed anyone's presence. She still didn't, no one seemed to be around.

"Here I am." A hooded figure appeared a few meters in front of Kagome. She jumped in shock, almost falling over. The thing not only appeared from nowhere, but it also had no presence at all.

"Who are you? What's going on? Where's Inuyasha?" The teenage girl asked in utter confusion.

"I already told you that I would be asking the questions. But don't worry about Inuyasha. He's in the hut with your body. If I were you, I would worry about myself," the hooded being said with slight amusement in its voice. It sounded female.

"My body? What the hell are you talking about? I'm using my body right now!" Kagome's heart was racing as if it were in a NASCAR race. She could feel it thumping in her chest. That meant she had to be using her body, right?

"Does it really? Or does it mean that you know your heart <I>should</I> be racing?" the hooded woman asked.

"How did you know what I was thinking?" Kagome asked as she was pushed farther and farther into confusion. ~Can she read minds? ~

"No, Kagome. I can't read minds. I know what you're thinking because we are in your mind."

"In my mind…" Kagome uttered breathlessly.

"Yes Kagome, your mind. Now let's talk."

"Talk!? Why in the hell should I talk to you? Let me go NOW!" Kagome warned the figure. Power seemed to begin to surge around her. The figure smiled.

"I see the hanyou has rubbed off on you." It said with a hint of laughter. But it sobered quickly, "But I would suggest you cooperate, there are worse things then death, girl."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

~What's happening to you? ~ Inuyasha asked as he watched the emotions play out on Kagome's face. ~It's like she's having a nightmare. But she's not waking up. What can I do? ~ He picked her up and looked for any sign of injury or unusual differences. ~Maybe she's sick? ~ He thought hopefully. But he found nothing and placed her back down. He growled in frustration. What was the point of being her protector if he couldn't help at all?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Kagome's blood was starting to boil. How dare this person take her over? Then threaten her! She had to find a way out of this.

~Yes, yes, that's much better. But you're still not mad enough. Let's take this a bit further, ~ the hooded being thought angrily. "Tell me, what do you think about Kikyo?"

Kagome gasped. She hadn't been expecting that. She had thought that the being would question her about the Shikon no Tama. Or of Inuyasha and his weaknesses. But what did Kikyo have to do with anything?

She couldn't say what she wanted to say. She was afraid; she had always suppressed any negative thoughts of Kikyo. It wasn't like it was her fault. She would be no better than Kikyo if she allowed her hatred to overrun her. "I think Kikyo was a fine woman and miko. Her powers were formidable and…"

"Silence. Quiet child, don't try to fool me. Now tell me what you really think."

"As I was saying, Kikyo's powers were formidable and…" Kagome tried to say, but she was finding it harder to control her words.

"Do not lie to me girl. Remember your life hangs in the balance. And I can tell you're hiding something and it's getting harder for you to hide it." The figure said threateningly, but with a slight chuckle at the last part.

~How can she know? Am I that obvious? ~ Kagome thought. For the hooded being was right. Something about this place made it hard for Kagome to keep control of herself. She had already cursed at the thing a few times, which went against Kagome's principles of politeness to everyone. ~What is this place? ~ Kagome was afraid of what would happen if she allowed her true feelings and thoughts to overcome her. Kagome's heart began to beat even faster then light speed. She was losing her grip; a new emotion was responsible for this change in heart rate. Not fear or anxiety, but anger. Red, hot, raw hatred was surging through her veins.

"I hate her." Kagome said softly as her will power gave way. "I HATE HER!" she yelled as her last bit of strength left her. She was now being taken by her anger. But she didn't care- to wallow in her hatred felt good. VERY good.

"I detest her and everything about her. The way she walks, the way she talks. Her attitude, oh, how I hate her attitude. She acts so...as if she's above everyone else, especially me. But am I the dead one? Nope, I'm the one who survived. And I did it without the help of soul snatching demons. I despise how she steals the souls of innocent maidens. I abhor how she steals Inuyasha, MY Inuyasha and hurts him time and time again. Even though she knows the truth she still despises him. The bitch doesn't deserve him. She just takes him and breaks him down, then throws him back for me to rebuild, then she takes him again and it starts all over. I loathe and scorn her. I can no longer control my enmity; I wish her nothing but ill. I would love nothing more then to see her mangled body lying and dying on the ground, then to walk up to her and as she takes her last breath, take back the part of my soul she stole. Then walk away, whole, complete, and content." Kagome said all of this without stopping. Breathing became overrated, not necessary. She was surrounded with power. It was like she had unlocked a door of not only emotion but of hidden power. She had never felt anything like this. It felt amazing, wonderful, to not bite her lip and bottle it up. A large, evil grin covered Kagome's face.

"That's much better isn't it Kagome? Now how do you feel about Inuyasha?"

"Inuyasha?" A maniac's laugh came over Kagome. "That baka. He wouldn't know a good thing if it was rammed up his ass. Toward him I feel hatred. He's arrogant, rude, hurtful and a jerk. He's so quick to forget about me and run to his dead, resurrected, soul stealing, hatred filled, murderous, clay, evil, bitch ex-girlfriend. As if I'm not important. As if I'm just a shard detector, nothing more. I HATE him sometimes." Energy further surrounded Kagome as she bared her soul. ~Hatred feels good. ~ She thought.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Oh Kagome, please be okay." He said sadly. She didn't seem like she was going to wake up any time soon. But what worried Inuyasha the most was the look on Kagome's face. She was smiling, not her beautiful radiant smile, but an evil grin.

He reached his hand out to stroke her face. But his hand didn't make it far. Before he got even 8 inches away from her face, his hand was shot away. The force was so strong that it pulled his entire body back and he landed pretty hard on the floor. ~What!? A barrier? Why would Kagome put a barrier up to me? ~ WHAT IS GOING ON!?!?" Inuyasha growled in frustration.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Yes, yes, yes. What else? What else do you feel?" the being asked as its heart beat faster. It was excited.

But Kagome's hatred ended, and was replaced by a new emotion. This was the opposite of what she was feeling before, love. Pure, untainted, unconditional love.

"But I love him."

"Wha…" a confused, mysterious being questioned.

"He may be all of those things, but he's so much more. Inuyasha is loyal, dependable, strong, and brave. And when he forgets to put his barrier up, he's kind, sweet and caring. Not to mention totally, 100% hot." Kagome said as a smile, a good smile crossed her lips. "So no matter what, I will forever stay by his side and trust and believe in him. So I'm sorry but you're not going to make me be consumed by my hatred. Because the hatred I feel isn't wrong, it's perfectly natural, because I love Inuyasha. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to him." Kagome finished.

The place seemed to crack. The white light was vanishing and the darkness was again taking over. But Kagome didn't stay long.

She sharply took in breath as she went back to her body. Kagome breathed heavily. Her barrier quickly dissipated and something was shot from her body. It was some sort of orb, a light blue color. It didn't seem to have an evil aura, but Kagome was very distracted when she felt its presence.

~Kagome! ~ Inuyasha yelled in his mind. He grabbed her and hugged her. "I'm so glad you're okay."

"Inuyasha." Kagome whispered gleefully, relieved. ~He's okay. Thank God~

~She's okay. Thank you, God. ~ Inuyasha thought at the same time. "What happened? One minute you were sleeping, the next you were struggling. What was that thing? Are you okay? There was a barrier. What…"

"Inuyasha please, not right now. Please just hold me," Kagome pleaded sadly. It wasn't that she didn't want to talk to Inuyasha. It was that she had no idea what to say. She couldn't tell him that she had spent her time festering in her hate of Kikyo.

They just held each other close for a while, neither wanting to let go of the other, neither wanting to end the peace and the beautiful bond. But Kagome knew that eventually she would have to confront what happened, and explain it to Inuyasha. The boy ended up being the one break the silence.

"Kagome, I don't want to pressure you but, what happened? Are you sure you're okay?" he asked with distress in his voice.

"Inuyasha, It's very hard to explain what happened," said a hesitant Kagome.

"Why don't you start by telling me what the thing was?" suggested Inuyasha, being uncharacteristically kind. Kagome noticed this and blushed slightly.

"I don't know exactly. All it did was ask me questions and hold me captive in my own mind." Kagome said as she shivered slightly. The memories were still fresh and painful in her mind.

"What did she question you about? What was the barrier you erected?" asked an anxious Inuyasha.

"I didn't know I was making a barrier," Kagome said, purposely avoiding the first part of his question. "When did I do that?"

"I don't know. You were looking really pissed off. Like you did when you fought Naraku once. When I went to touch you my hand was sent flying back."

Kagome blushed again. ~Inuyasha wanted to touch me? ~ She thought happily. "I guess I was just mad at the hooded figure for her cruelty." That wasn't a total lie. She WAS mad at the thing for what she did. And she wasn't sure exactly what time it was that she made the barrier. "Inuyasha, are we done now? I would like to go for a walk alone, to think."

"Like hell you will." Inuyasha said loosing his softness. "You're not going anywhere with out me. You might get hurt," Inuyasha informed her. Then realizing how that sounded he added, "We can't delay the hunt any further."

Kagome went quickly from embarrassed to pissed. ~The jewel shards. It's always about the jewel shards. ~ She thought as she walked out the hut. ~HE wasn't even worried about me. Just his shard detector. ~

"Kagome what the hell do you think you doing?" Inuyasha yelled as her followed her out the hut.

"Osuwari! Osuwari, osuwari, osuwari. Is that all you were worried about? Instead of my health you were worried about your precious jewel shards!!" Kagome yelled as Inuyasha slammed into the ground multiple times.

"Bitch!" Inuyasha yelled as the spell wore off and he got up. "What was that for? Do you really think that all I care about is the Shikon no Tama!?"

Kagome was about to retort when she felt a tug on her leg.

"Can't you two ever stop fighting?" asked a voice.

"I know that voice! But it couldn't be!" Kagome thought aloud. ~That's the voice of the thing that held me captive. ~

"Yes Kagome, it can be. It is I, Gekka-O."

~Gekka-O! Isn't that the goddess of marriage!? ~ Both of then thought alarmed and at the same time. They both looked at their feet to find them bound together with a red silk string.

"What!? A string, then that means…" Kagome quickly looked up at Inuyasha to see the same realization on his face. They were now married.

"Bitch, take this off now!" Inuyasha ordered the goddess, as he put his hand on Tetsusaiga.

"Inuyasha, now that it is on it can't be broken. The string had fated you two together. Not I." Gekka-O said slyly.

~I wanted to marry Inuyasha but not like this. ~ Kagome thought frantically. "Why are you doing this? Why did you take me over?"

"You two are meant for each other. Soul mates if you will." She paused to see the young couple blush. "Whether you want to admit it or not, you each feel better when the other is around. But you see you two are very stubborn. I knew it would be too hard to turn you both around, or even just Inuyasha. But I couldn't let the first soul mates in a millennium miss each other because of stupid pride. So I decided to just change Kagome, then bring you two together. So I sent the demon with the shard after you and bided my time until it was slain and Kagome came near. Then I went into her and interrogated her. I made her confront the evil in her heart, and accept it. Before Kagome's soul was an abnormally pure soul, but now it is the purest soul of them all."

"How? I hate, I feel hatred. How can I be pure if I feel hatred?" Kagome asked confused.

"That is where people make their mistakes. It is not necessary be perfect, but to accept that you aren't perfect, then use that as your power. That is what makes you pure. Though I was a little surprised when you made the transformation so quickly, but that only goes to prove your purity and destiny," the goddess said as she began to float away.

"Hey! Where do you think you're going?" Inuyasha yelled after her.

"My job is done. I've brought you together, now it is up to you to make it work," she concluded as she disappeared into the sky.

They both stood there for a while, staring at the place the women once was in the sky, each not fully registering what was going on. Kagome was the first to put her brain back on track.

"Inuyasha. Do you love Kikyo?"

He looked at the woman he loved. ~Well there's no point lying now. ~ "No, I haven't loved Kikyo in a very long time. The person I love is right here." He said as her lovingly grabbed her and kissed her lips.

"Inuyasha," Kagome said breaking the kiss. "I love you."

"I love you too, Kagome."

Kagome held him tighter, "Let us always be together, in each others' arms. Together, for all eternity."

*************************************************************** *********

Hope you enjoyed. Please review. If you liked this then you might like my 1st fan fic, The Dog's New Love. Also try to keep an eye out for my next fan fic. Thanks for reading.

animeluvr8