InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome Smells ❯ Kagome Smells - Non-Scents ( Chapter 9 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Kagome Smells - Non-Scents
By Majicman55
 
Disclaimer: I do not own any part of InuYasha. I just like to play with the characters.
 
InuYasha sat on one side of the bone eaters well. Since Kagome was not going home soon, he was pretty sure that he and the monk would have a little privacy here.
 
“What has gotten into her?” he grumbled to himself. His attraction to the young miko had always been a problem. At first his reaction to her had been due to her resemblance to Kikyo. He had even tried to kiss her! Then Kikyo had come back into his life as an “undead,” and he had gotten really confused as to how he felt about that.
 
Finally he had kissed this Kikyo. He wiped his hand across his mouth in an unconscious effort to rid himself of the memory. Her fake body had been soft, but not warm. He had found himself comparing his feelings for Kikyo and Kagome. Ultimately, he had rationalized that his love for Kikyo was “pure” and that his attraction for Kagome…
 
An image of two perfect breasts sprang to mind.
 
…was “profane.”
 
“Feh! Damnit!” He had an erection. The hanyou shook his head and concentrated on Kikyo. With great difficulty, he pushed Kagome's image from his mind, replacing it with Kikyo's, and he softened again.
 
InuYasha shook his head. He cared about Kagome. He really did. In fact, there were times he would have an epiphany and realize that he loved her. But if he did indeed love her, didn't he owe her the same kind of “pure” love he had for Kikyo?
 
The moment would be lost.
 
However, lately he had begun doubting his commitment to Kikyo.
 
It was all so confusing.
 
“InuYasha!”
 
The hanyou looked up to find Miroku walking into the well's clearing. “Oi, took you long enough.”
 
“Making something like this (Miroku held up an object on a lanyard) takes time and great care, InuYasha.”
 
“Keh.”
 
“Are you sure you want to use this?”
 
“It'll keep me from being affected by Kagome?”
 
Miroku drew back. “Not exactly.” The monk handed the charm to InuYasha, who twirled it around, examining it from all angles.
 
“Feh! What does it do, then?”
 
“Are you hungry, InuYasha?”
 
“What does that have to do with anything?”
 
“Imagine Kagome has just made you a big bowl of ramen.”
 
“Okay, I'm hungry.”
 
“Now imagine something you would not like to eat.”
 
InuYasha remembered some curry that Kagome and her mother had given him. He started to feel…
 
Miroku watched as the hanyou hauled himself over the nearest log and heaved. “Can I make a charm or can I make a charm?” But the monk's reaction changed from satisfaction to fear when he noticed the look on InuYasha's face as the hanyou got up again.
 
“Monk!”
 
“It worked, didn't it?”
 
“I don't wanna throw up every time I start to get a hard on!”
 
“Whoa, InuYasha. Too much information.” Miroku held his hands up in a placating gesture. “Besides, it doesn't work that way.”
 
“Huh?”
 
“Your magnified reaction to a food you didn't like quite naturally caused your stomach to empty. Since your reaction to Kagome is, shall we say, different, the reaction to your counter-thought - whatever that is - should affect your libido.”
 
“My what?”
 
“It will kill your hard on.”
 
“Oi, why didn't ya just say so?”
 
 
******************
 
 
Kagome and Sango were sitting outside Kaede's hut.
 
“It's gone now.”
 
Sango looked quizzically at her friend.
 
“A moment ago I smelled InuYasha's spicy scent.” The miko looked pensive and a little sad. “I wonder what he was thinking about.”
 
“Maybe he was thinking about you.”
 
Kagome gave her friend a half smile. “Maybe,” she sighed wistfully, “but he was probably thinking about Kikyo. Even so, his excitement went away quickly.”
 
Sango noticed that Kagome was slipping into a depression. “Take it easy, Kagome. I really don't think InuYasha is…impotent…anyway.” The taijiya blushed at using the word.
 
“You heard him and Miroku talking.”
 
“I don't think InuYasha is…like that…any more than Miroku is.”
 
“I hope you're right...”
 
Sango was a little embarrassed as she watched Kagome adjusting her top so she showed even more cleavage.
 
“…but I'm going to find out.”
 
 
******************
 
 
When InuYasha and Miroku reached Kaede's hut to collect the girls for the impending shard hunt, Sango was facing them and Kagome had her back turned.
 
“Are you two coming?” barked the hanyou.
 
InuYasha gulped when Kagome turned in his direction. All he could think was two…perfect…breasts.”< /div>
 
At least it wasn't as bad as the first time he had run into Kagome's new taste in clothing. At the well, he had found himself frozen and staring rudely from mere inches away. The memory caused him to flush. Then he felt something building within himself.
 
Gah, no!” he thought. “You'd better keep your hands to yourself,” he whispered to Miroku, before turning and heading towards the path they would be taking out of the village. Just before bounding off he yelled back, “I'm gonna scout ahead. You three follow with Kirara.” And with that, he was off.
 
 
******************
 
 
Miroku watched as the hanyou bounded off into the distance. “You may be my friend, InuYasha, but you are still a fool.”
 
Sango turned to Kagome, who was looking down. “Are you okay?”
 
The miko looked up, presenting the taijiya and the monk with one of her famous smiles. “I'm fine.” She looked in the direction InuYasha had gone. “I guess we'd better get going.”
 
 
******************
 
 
Up ahead, InuYasha was cursing himself for his reaction. For once, he envied Sesshomaru with his cold, stoic nature. Finally the hanyou found a secluded spot where he could fight his inner battle over his attraction to Kagome.
 
He thought about her appearance just before he left the village.
 
He got hard.
 
He forced himself to think about Kikyo. He got soft again…but then, for some odd reason, Kikyo's face seemed to change into Kagome's, and then her miko garb opened to reveal her breasts and…
 
InuYasha groaned as he got hard again.
 
Finally he fingered the charm Miroku had given him. He concentrated on Kikyo and how it had felt when he had kissed her.
 
He doubled over in pain.
 
 
******************
 
 
“InuYasha!”
 
“What is it, Kagome?” asked Sango. The taijiya and the miko were riding Kirara while Miroku ran below them. Sango had just been admiring the monk's stamina when Kagome had cried out.
 
“I didn't know what it was at first, but now I do. InuYasha's in pain!”
 
Sango looked down to the monk. “We're going on ahead! There's something wrong with InuYasha!”
 
“Right!” Miroku increased his speed. He couldn't keep up with the fire cat, but InuYasha couldn't be that far ahead.
 
 
******************
 
 
When Kagome and Sango caught up with InuYasha, they found a barely conscious hanyou rolling on the ground, clutching his privates.
 
Sango blushed and hesitated; but Kagome rushed to InuYasha right away, cradling him in her arms. “What's wrong, InuYasha? What happened?”
 
Although the hanyou was mostly out of it, the fact that Kagome was holding him did register. Still in extreme discomfort, he managed to turn in her arms so that he would be able to look up into her face.
 
Unfortunately, this rested the side of his head against the top of her bosom. In one way, this actually made him feel better. But he didn't want to feel better…at least, not that way.
 
“What happened to you, InuYasha?”
 
The hanyou decided telling a small lie would be best. “K-Keh. My own fault. A small youkai. Didn't take it seriously. Kicked me in the…in the…”
 
“Nevermind, InuYasha. I understand. You don't have to say it.” Kagome held InuYasha closer, rocked him and kept cooing “there there, there there.”
 
While she was doing this, an out-of-breath Miroku finally rejoined everyone. “Is InuYasha alright?”
 
“He said a small youkai kicked him in the…” Sango turned red. She couldn't finish the statement.
 
Miroku scanned the surroundings before looking back to InuYasha. “Is it still around?”
 
The hanyou shook his head “no.”
 
Miroku's eyes widened as this had the effect of causing Kagome's “assets” to jiggle.
 
<WHACK>
 
“Hentai!”
 
Unfortunately for the monk, Sango had noticed where he was looking.
 
 
******************
 
 
“How long has it been?” asked Miroku, once his eyes opened. He had found himself lying beside the still-in-pain hanyou.
 
“Under an hour, bouzu.” InuYasha did not look happy. “Some charm you made me.”
 
“It worked, didn't it?”
 
“A little too well, if you ask me.” InuYasha kept his voice to a whisper as the girls weren't that far away. Sango and Kagome, having decided that they probably weren't going to be traveling anymore that day, were making camp.
 
Miroku nodded in understanding and kept his own voice down. “What is wrong with it, my friend?”
 
“I'll tell you what's wrong. Every time I look at Kagome, I get excited; and every time I do what you said to do and think about Kikyo, I feel like some big demon grabbed me by the nuts.”
 
Miroku pondered this for a moment. “You really think about Kikyo to keep yourself from responding to Kagome?”
 
“That ain't the point!”
 
“On the contrary, my friend. It is the point.”
 
“How are you feeling now, InuYasha?”
 
InuYasha looked up to find Kagome bending over him. If he could have seen it, he would have noticed the look of extreme concern on her face. That's not what he found himself staring at, however.
 
“K-Kikyo…” Immediately, the hanyou groaned in abject pain, grabbed his privates again and rolled back and forth, finally coming to rest facing the monk again.
 
Through the haze, he could smell Kagome's tears.
 
“How is he?” asked Sango.
 
“Practically delirious,” answered Kagome. “He asked for Kikyo and then started rolling in pain.”
 
“There may be permanent damage. You might have to look at it.”
 
Kagome turned beet red. “Miroku can look at it.”
 
“Ladies, you will kindly leave me out of this. Besides, as a hanyou, he should be good as new by morning.”
 
Kagome glanced back at the hanyou. “I'll make him some ramen. That will cheer him up.” With that, she turned to rejoin Sango in gathering wood for their cooking fire.
 
“…”
 
Miroku turned towards the hanyou. InuYasha's lips were moving, but barely anything was coming out.
 
“Monk…”
 
“Yes, InuYasha?”
 
“You are so gonna die for this.”
 
 
******************
 
 
“The only good thing about this situation,” thought Kagome, “is that I can't really smell much of that spicy scent I usually have when I'm around InuYasha.” The miko finished stirring up the ramen. “Must be the pain he's in…and the type of pain it is. Hard to get excited over a guy who's been kicked in the nuts.”
 
She carried the cup of ramen over to where InuYasha had recovered enough to sit with his back against a tree. She noticed the monk was keeping his distance. “Miroku?” The monk looked up. “You haven't been teasing poor InuYasha about his injury, have you?”
 
The monk shook his head vigorously and, if anything, moved further away from a now-growling hanyou.
 
“InuYasha?” Kagome bent over and held the cup of ramen out for the suffering hanyou.
 
With shaky hands, InuYasha reached out and took the ramen.
 
Kagome couldn't be sure, but she thought he was mumbling Kikyo's name over and over again. At least his lips were moving. Her eyes started to tear up. “Let me know when you're done and I'll take your cup. She turned before InuYasha could see her start to cry and left to rejoin Sango by the campfire.
 
InuYasha ate in silence.
 
“How is he?” asked the taijiya.
 
“Still in pain,” said Kagome. “If you ask me, Kikyo put some kind of spell on him. I can sense it flaring every time I come near him.”
 
“Oh, Kagome.”
 
“I think he's still hurt, too. For some reason, he doesn't seem to be healing on his own. I-I-I think I'm g-going to have to check him.”
 
“Kagome!” gasped Sango.
 
The miko put on her most determined face. “I…I c-can be strong. I c-can do this.”
 
 
******************
 
 
“It is a dilemma.”
 
“You got me into this, monk. You'd better get me out.”
 
“You could just take off the charm, you know.”
 
“The damned charm is the only thing keeping me sane!”
 
“And in pain.”
 
InuYasha stared at Miroku. “You're gonna die.”
 
“Take it easy. There must be another way to handle this. I'll just have to do more research.”
 
“Well, you'd better do it soon, `cause here she comes again.”
 
 
******************
 
 
Kagome took the ramen cup away from InuYasha. She didn't fail to notice that the hanyou was doing his best not to look at her. He was even making it a point to keep his eyes closed.
 
“Are you still in pain, InuYasha.”
 
As sensitive as he was, even her voice forced him to think of Kikyo to dull his response. He groaned at the self-abuse.
 
“Poor thing. Let me see if I can find what's wrong.”
 
InuYasha felt Kagome's hands touching him, but he did his best to avoid reacting. Kikyo, Kikyo, Kikyo,” he repeated, as though it were his mantra. Dimly, he registered that Kagome's hands had reached inside his haori and were…
 
Inside?
 
Gentle hands probed inside his clothing, slid down inside his hakamas, inside his fundoshi, wrapped around his…
 
His eyes snapped wide open.
 
“Ka-go-meeeeeee!”
 
 
 
A/N: Poor Kagome. She's just trying to help. I think. At least we know what InuYasha will think about to repress his urges. What will happen when Kikyo finally shows up…or Koga, for that matter…or Sesshomaru? And what's this pure vs. profane crap?
 
Please read and review. As always, reviews = inspiration for more chapters. Thanks!