InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome Smells ❯ Kagome Smells - Family Vibes ( Chapter 29 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Kagome Smells - Family Vibes
By Majicman55
 
Disclaimer: The characters from InuYasha” are not mine; they are the intellectual property of Rumiko Takahashi, Shogakukan, Yomiuri TV, Sunrise, and Viz. I do not benefit financially from these writings. I just like to play with the characters.
 
 
“How should I know where they are?”
 
Kikyo stared angrily at Naraku. “Your Saimyoushou. Surely you have one tracking them all the time.” The mostly-undead (dead?) miko shifted nervously. Ever since she had embedded the jewel shard in her ass, she had felt like a 14-year-old virgin who had just discovered sex. She thought about it all the time, and wanted it almost as often.
 
Naraku's eyes narrowed. “You know they have been blasting my Saimyoushou out of existence.”
 
Kikyo's somewhat-glazed eyes returned to a sharp focus and she blushed as she remembered what she had been “allowing” to be done to her the last time one of Naraku's Saimyoushou had been destroyed. “Still…”
 
“How long do you think it takes to get another one there?” The evil hanyou countered. He smirked as he detected the scent of Kikyo's arousal. “You really want to watch them again, don't you? It excites you, doesn't it, Kikyo.”
 
“Do not insult me.” The undead miko stiffened as a tentacle snaked its way up her leg. “You will stop that.” Suddenly she gasped.
 
Naraku smiled. “Admit it, Kikyo. You like the feel of it. Your body craves the release you have denied yourself for so long.” The evil hanyou smirked. He might think the human preoccupation with mating was disgusting, but if it allowed him to “get to” Kikyo, he would use it without hesitation. Besides, he liked the feeling of power it gave him. His tentacle found what he was looking for and began probing. “Warm…wet…slick…”
 
Kikyo concentrated until her eyes uncrossed. She concentrated again and there was a brief sizzling sound.
 
Naraku frowned and withdrew what was left of his tentacle as Kikyo shook her leg so that some of the ash would fall out. “You presume too much, Naraku.” She made her way from the room, pausing at the door. “Send for me when you have found them again.”
 
Naraku watched as Kikyo left, undoubtedly heading back to her own quarters. “Come to think of it, where do they go?” There had been several times he had lost track of InuYasha and his (now) mate. He frowned. Why hadn't he noticed it before?
 
 
******************
 
 
“Hurry up, InuYasha!”
 
“What have you got packed in this thing?”
 
“Just some things Sango and I are going to need. Things like pre-natal vitamins.”
 
“Pre…what?”
 
“Like my medicines, InuYasha. Except these pills contain things a woman's body needs to have a healthy baby.”
 
“Oi. I know all about that, Kagome.”
 
“You do?”
 
“Keh. Pregnant youkai know what they need instinctually, and will find it, no matter what.”
 
“They do?”
 
“Yeah. And now that you have my youkai blood in you, you'll act the same way.”
 
Kagome was getting a little worried. You mean I'll just smell out certain things, like Kaede's herbs, and have a craving for them.”
 
“Feh. Hell, no. If you feel like you need liver, you'll find the nearest source and kill it, if you have to.” InuYasha patted his mate on the back. “But maybe you'd better let me do that.”
 
“Urg.”
 
“Huh?”
 
Kagome was digging frantically through her backpack till she found a plastic bottle. Practically ripping the top off, she quickly downed two of the tablets and then replaced the lid.
 
“Oi. What was that for?”
 
Kagome stuffed the bottle down into her backpack. “I didn't want to look at Shippo and feel hungry, okay?”
 
“A female youkai would never eat a member of her own pack.” The hanyou paused a moment. “Well, at least not a female Inu-youkai.”
 
“That's nice to know.”
 
“You might eat Kouga's liver, though.” The hanyou obviously found the thought immensely amusing.
 
“I will not be eating Kouga-kun's liver anytime soon!”
 
“He's in good shape from his running. That mangy wolf is probably full of your vi-ta-mins.”
 
Kagome was fuming. “InuYasha?”
 
The hanyou put up his hands, palms outward in supplication. “Okay, okay. I was just kidding.” He glanced down into the well and then back at his mate. “Ready?”
 
“Let me say goodbye to Mama, okay?”
“Sure, I'll wait here.”
 
Kagome crossed the temple courtyard, looking back only once to see if InuYasha was following her. “Of course I'd detect him, anyway, with these youkai senses.” She wasn't sure, but she thought her senses of smell and eyesight might even be better than InuYasha's. She had, after all, gotten double doses of blood for those senses.
 
Reaching the back door of the house, she took one more, quick sniff and went inside.
 
“Leaving, dear?”
 
Kagome sat down at the kitchen table. “In a few minutes, Mama. I just wanted to say my goodbyes, first.”
 
Mama Higurashi stiffened for a second. “Ka-Kagome, dear. You are coming back, aren't you?”
 
Kagome paused momentarily when she realized how what she had said must have sounded to her mother. “Oh no, it's nothing like that, Mama. Truth is, I just wanted a moment to talk with you before InuYasha and I left.”
 
Mama relaxed and set a cup of tea in front of her daughter. “Oh.”
 
“I wanted to talk with you about that buzzing sound coming from your bedroom.”
 
Fortunately, Mama Higurashi's teacup was almost to the tabletop before she reacted…so only a little tea spilled. “Kagome?”
 
“InuYasha thought it was some kind of bee youkai attacking you. I had to sit him several times to keep him from rescuing you.”
 
Mama Higurashi was blushing furiously. “Oh dear.” But she recovered quickly. “I…I hope I didn't cause you any trouble.”
 
Kagome giggled. “Don't worry about it, Mama. If anyone should be apologizing, it should be me.” Kagome stared into her teacup. “After all, I came back pregnant.” The young miko looked up and into her mother's eyes. “You've taken it very well, Mama, but I know it had to be a shock.”
 
“More to your grandfather than to…”
 
Both women stopped and looked towards the back door when they heard a crash from the general direction of the well house, followed by ji-chan's shout of “Demon, begone!”
 
“…me. Oh dear.” Mama continued to stare at the back door.
 
“Don't worry, Mama. I talked with InuYasha about not slaughtering grandpa.”
 
“That's…comforting.”
 
Both girls watched as a blur resembling ji-chan hot-footed it past the back door. A red blur followed close behind, a strip of paper with arcane symbols on it fluttering from his forehead.
 
“Don't worry, Mama. InuYasha can run a lot faster than that. He's just trying to scare him.”
 
The blur that was ji-chan went past the door in the other direction, followed by InuYasha, more or less skipping. Said hanyou poked his head in the door. “Oi, Kagome. Your ji-chan's really slow.” The hanyou then resumed his pursuit of the elderly priest.
 
“See?”
 
“I…guess so.”
 
Kagome waited until her mate was far enough away and absorbed in his chase of her ji-chan. “Mama?”
 
“Yes, dear.”
 
“Please…just don't use that while we're here.” Kagome blushed. “Now that I have youkai hearing, I can hear you, too. And InuYasha keeps asking what that sound is.”
 
“I see.” Mama paused a moment. “I might ask you the same thing.”
 
“Huh?”
 
“Do you think it's easy listening to you two making all that noise?” Mama lowered her voice to a whisper. “Sota asked me what you two were doing and whether InuYasha was hurting you.”
 
It was Kagome's turn to blush. “Sorry, Mama, but I had to keep him distracted so he wouldn't charge into your room.”
 
Mama Higurashi stared at Kagome, who stared back. Finally, both women dissolved in gales of laughter.
 
“N-Nice excuse.”
 
“What are you two cackling about in here?”
 
Both girls looked up to see InuYasha standing in the doorway with Kagome's ji-chan over one shoulder.
 
“Is he alright?” asked Mama.
 
“Yeah. The old guy's just winded, that's all. Where do ya want him?”
 
“The living room sofa will be fine, InuYasha,” answered Kagome. She turned to her mother. “I think we should get going before grandpa recovers.” Kagome switched to a whisper. “Just keep it down, okay?”
 
“I will if you do.”
 
“Huh?”
 
“You're a screamer, dear.”
 
“Uhh, yeah.” Kagome slipped out the back door, where InuYasha picked her up bridal-style and took off for the well house.
 
“You don't have to carry me, InuYasha. I'm pregnant, not broken.” Once inside the old structure, she looked around. “And where's my backpack, anyway?”
 
“Feh. I waited so long, I took it through the well and came back.”
 
“Oh.”
 
“We shouldn't keep Miroku and Sango waiting.”
 
“Right.”
 
“Besides, your Mom's getting that funny smell again…like she got last night before all those bees got into her room.” The hanyou looked puzzled. “Are you sure those weren't bee youkai? It sure sounded like a smaller version of Naraku's Saimyoushou.”
 
“Let's just go, InuYasha.”
 
 
******************
 
 
Miroku watched as a blue glow appeared over the well. Having spiritual powers, himself, he could see it, although Sango could not. He looked into the well and announced, “they're back.” A moment later, the monk fell backwards as an overstuffed, yellow backpack came flying out of the well. Unfortunately for Miroku, the heavy bag arced up a short distance before falling back to earth, landing on him.
 
“Oof!”
 
InuYasha, carrying Kagome, came bounding out of the well, landed beside the hapless monk, and set his mate lightly on her feet.
 
Miroku rolled the heavy bag off and clambered to his feet. “Please don't get me wrong, Kagome, but what do you have in this thing?”
 
“Feh. Something she calls pre-nasal vi-ta-mints.”
 
“Mints for your nose?” said Miroku, addressing Kagome. “I am constantly amazed at the things you bring back from your time.”
 
“Not pre-nasal. Pre-natal. And they're vitamins, not mints.”
 
“Kagome says they're good for the pups.”
 
“Vita-mins, Kagome?” said the monk.
 
“Yeah.” Kagome got a bottle out of her pack, opened it and took out a pill. “When a woman wants to have a baby, she takes these.”
 
Miroku drew back, aghast. “Kagome!” He struck the pill out of her hand and, using the base of his shakujou, crushed it into the ground.
 
“What did you do that for?” yelled Kagome.
 
Miroku drew himself up, and pulled Santo to his side. “When Sango and I have children, we will do it the natural way!”
 
Kagome watched as the intensely-blushing taijiya struggled to free herself from the monk's grip.
 
“What are you…?” Kagome paused. Surely Miroku didn't think… “Um, Miroku?”
 
“Yes, Kagome?” The monk still looked warily towards the bottle.
 
“Think of the pills as being like Kaede's medicinal herbs. They simply help the mother bear a healthy baby.” The monk was still standing stiffly. “They do not replace the father.” Kagome smiled as the monk relaxed and Sango was finally able to break free of his death-grip.
 
“Oh. That's alright, then.”
 
“You idiot!”
 
“Now, Sango.”
 
“How dare you treat Kagome that way!” The taijiya was in Miroku's face. “Kagome and I had talked about these vitamins before she left and I want to take them!”
 
“Take it easy, Sango!” The monk looked around desperately as the angry taijiya unlimbered her Hiraikotsu.
 
“And what's this declaration about how we'll have our children? You talk as if you're the one making the decisions!”
 
The taijiya was spinning her Hiraikotsu around in preparation for throwing it.
 
Miroku was running in place. I'm sorry, my friends, but discretion is the better part of valour…and my discretion is telling me I must run ahead. Hup! Hup!”
 
Both InuYasha and Kagome turned their heads to follow the fleeing monk as he took off for the village. A few seconds later, they watched as an angry Sango released her Hiraikotsu in a lazy trajectory that followed the monk's progress. Shortly after the monk topped a small rise and disappeared down the other side, they watched Sango's weapon follow and sink out of sight. This was followed by a dull thud and the sound of a body hitting the ground.
 
“He's so predictable,” said Sango.
 
 
******************
 
 
“Ah, yes. This is why I never tried to track InuYasha and that cursed miko all the time.” Naraku continued to review the images sent back by his Saimyoushou. Unfortunately, there was nothing akin to video recording in his time, so he just had to be lucky to catch something.
 
Suddenly he leaned forward. Today might be his lucky day. Why were that hanyou and his mate coming out of that old well?
 
Naraku considered that they might have some sort of underground shelter with access from the well…but that didn't seem much like something an inu-youkai would do.
 
Yet they had to go into the well for a reason.
 
“Byakuya.”
 
Naraku's incarnation stepped into the room and bowed deeply. “What is it that you wish, Naraku?”
 
“You see this old well?”
 
Byakuya looked at the image. “Yes, Naraku.”
 
“It is outside the village that stands beside InuYasha's Forest. Do you think you can find it?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“I want you to watch it for me. Never let it out of your sight until I recall you.”
 
“Yes, Naraku. May I ask what I am looking for?”
 
“You are looking for InuYasha and Kagome. I watched them come out of that well. They went in there for a reason. I must know why.”
 
“Yes, Lord Naraku.”
 
 
******************
 
 
Kikyo was a little surprised when, sometime later, a different youkai appeared at her door to fetch her for Naraku.
 
It had been a little unnerving, in fact. There had been a scratching and a squeaking outside her door. She had half expected to find a five-foot mouse youka. Instead, she found a diminutive bat youkai fluttering back and forth past her door.
 
“The masssster bidssss you come.”
 
“What happened to Byakuya?”
 
“Come.”
 
She wasn't getting much out of this one, that was for sure. Kikyo shrugged and followed the small servant. “InuYasha and my miserable reincarnation have been found?”
 
“They have been ssssseen.”
 
At least the bat youkai knew that much. “And are they…busy?”
 
The bat youkai halted its progress and returned to fly in a tight circle around the undead miko's head. “That issss for the masssster to ssssay.” It then continued ahead of Kikyo, leading her to its master.
 
“Of course.” Kikyo quietly followed the bat youkai…getting more excited the closer she got to the evil hanyou. Surreptitiously, she slipped a hand inside her clothing and slipped one finger inside herself. She sighed. “Face it, Kikyo. You're one, horny miko.”
 
 
 
A/N: Poor Kikyo. Now she's horny all the time. And what will happen if Naraku discovers Kagome's secret? And when will poor Miroku learn not to irritate a taijiya - especially a pregnant and hormonal taijiya - who can throw her Hiraikotsu like that?
 
Please read and review. Reviews = inspiration for more chapters (I swear!). Thanks.