InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome, The Prized Possession ❯ Let's share ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 4: Let's share

"Taxi," Kagome called as she stuck her hand out. Sesshomaru was on the sidewalk waiting patiently. "Taxi!"

Kagome brought her hand down frustrated as she snorted and gave Sesshomaru a dirty look.

I guess looking great is all he is a good for, Kagome thought.

"You know you can help me," Kagome pointed out. "A cab is not going to magically stop in front of us-"

"I just thought it would be easier to catch a cab," Sesshomaru interrupted. "If I let you be the one to hail it. They'll stop for pretty girls won't they?"

"You calling me pretty," Kagome said as she blushed.

"Do I need to?" Sesshomaru winked at her.

Oh my god!

Kagome had to turn her direction back to the street to avoid eye contact.

This guy is so smooth, Kagome realized. If Sesshomaru got any smoother he will break someone's neck. I so was not prepared for that; Sesshomaru, winking at me with those golden eyes. It should be banned. Most definitely banned! Inuyasha was smooth, but his and Sesshomaru's smooth are different. Well, a normal person wouldn't consider Inuyasha smooth...come to think of it...Inuyasha wasn't even smooth a little bit. He was just sexy. That's not smooth. Uh, why am I comparing them again?

While Kagome was in a trance of thought, with one gestures Sesshomaru hailed a cab without even yelling for one. Kagome stood there shocked, and a little bit annoyed of how he was able to hail one with such little effort.

Ok, Kagome shook her head confused. What just happened here? Oh, hot guy gets the cab, not so hot girl to the side. Maybe the cab drivers thought I was trying to sell my body instead of get a ride home. Maybe the whole body being wet made the cab drivers think I was trying harder than usual. Let me remind myself to NEVER say I love New York. Why do people even come here again?

Sesshomaru opened the cab door for her like some mysterious prince, "Here you are."

"Wait," Kagome flashed a fake smile. "Should I be jealous that you caught a cab, and not me? We can stay here all night you know. Someone has to pick me up."

"I can pick you up," Sesshomaru proclaimed. "I am guessing you are about 130-140 pounds?"

Oh, no way...

"Sesshomaru," Kagome had to say this. It was like her duty, as she got inside the cab, "Never and I mean never try to guess or ASK a woman how much she weighs."

Sesshomaru got in the cab next to her and closed the door behind him.

Kagome blinked, "Sesshomaru, I can't seem to get rid of you."

"I have to get home too you know," Sesshomaru rested his chin on his hand as he stared out the window of the yellow taxi. "You don't like to share?"

"Where are you guys going," The cab driver asked.

Kagome turned her eyes away from Sesshomaru and saw the cab drivers face through the rear-view mirror.

Ok, Kagome thought to herself. This guy is either just a natural disaster or just looks even worse near someone as hot as Sesshomaru.

"Kagome, tell him," Sesshomaru said after Kagome's rude stair at the rear-view mirror.

Oh, the way I am staring...that cab driver might think this was his lucky night, or he's used to people looking and wondering how come he has so much nose hair, or reeks of strong booze...

"Oh yea, uh," Kagome's voice trailed a bit. "Take me to 222 Washington Avenue and Gates in Brooklyn," Kagome looked towards Sesshomaru, "you tell him where you want to go now."

"You just told him," Sesshomaru looked back at Kagome and she froze in her seat without making a sound.

"Ok, no problem," The cab driver said and began driving.

Didn't I have this discussion with him before? Was I like talking to myself? If I let him come up stairs to my place he is going to try and use every trick in the book to get me to just hop in bed with him and do the do. I am a virgin. It's not easy being a virgin. I know too many active people who agree with me including Sango; Sango and her weird appetites. Ok, let me not trail off. I can see Sesshomaru is challenging me.

"I thought this was settled?" Kagome began as she stared at the images she passed by. "You wouldn't want to come to my house-"

"You don't know what I want," Sesshomaru looked at her. Kagome could feel his deep stare, but she didn't dare turn around. "I want to make sure you are inside safe and sound. I am a gentleman. Besides, what do you have to hide?"

"Nothing," Kagome's voice was low as she felt Sesshomaru scoot over to her a bit closer, and Kagome didn't need to feel her heart to know it was beating. "I just, I don't know. I like you."

"I like you too," Sesshomaru's deep voice was making the hair's on Kagome's back stand up as his eyes never left her body. "I want to know you, but I can't."

"Why," Kagome's voice was shaky when she felt Sesshomaru draw his index finger nail down her arm that was covered by her wet denim jacket. Sesshomaru did this while looking at her neck.

"Because you don't want to look at me," Sesshomaru brought his finger back from her arm and moved back properly to his seat.

Kagome was all wide-eyed. The way she sat was as if she was trying to squeeze her whole body in the corner by the door to the cab so she wouldn't even have to touch Sesshomaru.

Damn he is good...I have to give him credit. I have to say something. I can't look at him. His golden eyes are too much.

"Sorry," Kagome said softly. "I'm a little tired. I'm in wet clothes and walking in the rain didn't help at all. I think I'm going to sleep soundlessly tonight. What about you?"

"I won't sleep immediately," Sesshomaru explained. "I am on vacation this week, and I have no idea what to do with my time. I might make it an early vacation."

"Are you kidding?" Kagome suddenly turned around and there their eyes met.

You got me, Kagome froze. You got me to turn around. I feel like a lost little school girl who bumped into the wrong man.

"I had a feeling that if I spoke about something that would make you react strongly then you would turn around," Sesshomaru smirked. "Isn't this better that we can look at each other and talk? I like your eyes, Kagome. I like when you look into mine. It's ok for me to like that at least about you?"

Kagome fought herself; she fought tooth and nail not to smile at what he just said.

The cab driver suddenly pulled over saying, "That'll me ten dollars."

Kagome got focused, but before she could reach into her pocket for her money, Sesshomaru already peeled a crisp ten dollar bill from his black leather wallet and exited the car, holding the door open behind him.

"Ok," Kagome flashed a half-way smile. "You didn't have to do that. I may not have my masters in business, but I am not poor."

"Don't feel insecure," Sesshomaru closed the door to the cab and it drove off. "I spend more money on Rin's toys."

"Have you?" Kagome glanced at the porch steps to her apartment. It was dark and the only thing bright seemed to be the street and porch lights. "Alright, Sesshomaru, you wanted to walk me to my door. So, let's get this over with then."

Kagome nervously clasped her hands together as they walked up the stairs slowly, side-by-side. Kagome glanced over to Sesshomaru quickly and he caught her eyes again, causing her to quickly turn her head face forward.

Sesshomaru, Kagome was worried. He really shouldn't have let that cab driver go so freely. I can't imagine what time it is. I don't know any cab numbers and cabs don't drive by here so freely. I wonder how he'll be able to get back home. I know he has to find a way some how. He most likely knows his way around better than I do.

Kagome still avoided looking into Sesshomaru's face as she put the keys into the door and Sesshomaru turned around and began to make his way down the stairs. Kagome watched them in the corner of her eye.

I wonder...if it would be difficult for him to make it home.

"Do take care of yourself Kagome," Sesshomaru said this after turning around to flash a heart warming smile. "Maybe I will see you soon."

Sesshomaru seems to smile only with his lips, Kagome realized. Still, I can seem to shake the idea...

"Sesshomaru," Kagome nudged the porch door open with her finger tips and nodded her head towards the opening. "What would you say if I invite you up for some Chinese green tea?"

Sesshomaru stood there with his hands inside his leather jacket as the wind suddenly blew the parts of his hair to the side a bit.

He is so sexy...

"If I go to your home right now," Sesshomaru's deep voice trailed off. "I might be overwhelmed with the urge to kiss you. No, not just that. I must be honest with you that it's not just that. I hope to see you often then maybe-"

"So that's how is it," Kagome gave him a look. "You want to see me often so it will eventually be just that. I am a virgin, thank you, and I didn't stay this way this long just so any man can come and try to wield his blade on me. Chinese tea was innocent compared to your intents and you weren't even coy about it."

"I want you to know what I'm feeling," Sesshomaru winked as he turned around and started off again saying as he walked away, "and it's not your fault that you're a virgin Kagome. That just goes to show me what it will take to finally handle you in the end. Not being sexual of course, and with that, good night."

Kagome stood there blinking her eyes.

What just happened? Kagome let out a breath. I didn't even get his number! Well at least I met one nice gentleman.

Kagome pushed open the door and was confronted with two more flights of stairs before she got to her apartment, bypassing the others when she walked by.

I know that I will dream about Sesshomaru tonight. I am going to thing about his hair, his smell. Ugh, Sesshomaru you were so cool and collective. I never met someone so easy going I am sure he's a real success in the business field. I don't think anything can piss that guy off.

Kagome got to her and slid in the keys slowly, her door was off-white, the halls were a bit dim and the welcome mat lying on the floor before her was dusty.

Home sweet home!

Kagome pushed open the door and never thought she'd be happy to see her bed. Immediately, she took off her clothes and jumped into a nice warm shower and shampooed and conditioned her hair before she got out. In the closet, was a pink robe Kagome threw on as she combed and blow-dried her hair to get rid of that wet feeling, and as far her wet clothes; she tossed them into the laundry by the sink.

I feel so much better right now, Kagome turned all her lights off and lied into her bed pulling the covers over her chest and snuggled into the warmth of her pillows and blankets.

"Sesshomaru-sama," Kagome mumbled as she drifted to sleep, "Beautiful Sesshomaru-sama."

*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~

The sun was shining through the window. Kagome pulled the covers over her head in annoyance, and groaned.

What time is it? Kagome thought as she finally sat up. Her eyes were still half shut as she opened the dresser draw beside her bed to glance over at a wrist watch that her mother had given her as a child.

"I should be ashamed of myself," Kagome got up from the bed, stretched and yawned. "What time did I get in anyway? I shouldn't have slept for that long. I am so ashamed of myself."

Kagome heard a banging at the door.

Is that Sesshomaru? Kagome wondered. Nah, he is probably enjoying the rest of his vacation if what he said was true or not. Also, he doesn't know my apartment number; it's like 11:00 AM. Hey, well, at least this person that's knocking right now isn't knocking at around 7:00AM. Then the RUDE Kagome would emerge with full force.

Kagome yawned again as she stood to the side of the door with her arms folded, "Who is it?"

"You're new next door neighbor," He said. "You know, the one moving in the empty apartment across from you."

"Look," Kagome rolled her eyes. "No one told me anything about that. For all I know you could be the 11:00 AM robber, that likes to rob pretty girls."

The guy laughed on the other end.

"What's so funny," Kagome asked. "Get out of here and let me finish my beauty sleep."

"Would you open the door and just meet me?" He got serious. "I'd like to give something to a pretty girl like, yourself."

Kagome smirked a bit, "I'll crack this door open a little bit. Be warned that I don't look great in the morning, and if you suddenly rob me, it was my own fault."

He chuckled from behind.

I'm so going to regret this...

Kagome unlocked the door and pulled it open to see him and her eyes widened.

Wow, all these handsome men...and one now at my door. Someone in heaven must LOVE me!

He was about six feet; really long dark hair pulled back into a pony-tail, his skin was tanned, blue eyes, soft lips and white teeth, dressed in a long sleeved white turtle-neck and black jeans with a rose in his hand.

Kagome seemed to mostly like his innocent looking face, and thick dark brows, even the dark lashes surrounded his blue eyes.

I suppose these are the guys you have to watch closely...

"Here," He handed her the rose. "I don't think you look bad. Very on the contrary Miss..."

"Kagome Higurashi, and you are?"

"Kouga," Kouga smiled brightly, "Like I was saying I just moved in and I'd like to get more acquainted with my new fellow residents."

Kagome's eyes widened. "Eh..."

"Not that acquainted," he laughed as he rubbed his head uneasily. "I am not good with words. Just to let you know. I'll be around. So, enjoy the rest of your day."

Kagome nodded as Kouga turned around and she closed the door.

He was nice... Kagome looked a bit confused. I hope I can get to know him better as a friend. Plus, the rose was especially sweet. I think I like living in America.

The phone ranged.

"That's got to be Sango," Kagome raced to the phone tossing the rose to the side rudely to pick the phone off the receiver, "Hello?"

"Kagome it's your mother."

Kagome made a face and slouched on the bed, letting out a breath she acted cheerful, "Hello mom!"

"Kagome, there is something I want to tell you," Kagome's mother was a bit hesitant.

"Mom..." Kagome's voice trailed.

Despite herself, Kagome's grip tightened around the phone receiver, her face reddened and her body temperature rose from the fury that was emerging inside of her. Kagome just had a feeling that her mother had something to say pertaining to Inuyasha, the boy who had humiliated her. Yes, Kagome's grip got so tight on the phone receiver that it trembled. She was trying too hard to hold her anger.

"Mom..." Kagome's voice just then revealed her true feelings because it almost came out like a snarl.

"I told Inuyasha where you were," Kagome's mother blurted out, "he seemed to be very sincere in what he told me and you really should hear him out. It's not what you think."

Kagome suddenly fell into hell, and the flames began to eat at her body at the comment her mother said. She didn't want to snap. She didn't want to lose her temper, but she was breathing heavily now.

"Mom..."

"Just kidding!" her mother laughed on the phone. "I wouldn't tell such a devil anything after I heard the news even if I didn't hear it immediately from my ONLY daughter, but that's a different story. I wanted to see how America was treating you, and maybe if there was a possibility that you'd come..."

Kagome let out a breath, totally annoyed by her mother's non-funny jokes, or any other attempts at humor and laid back in the bed relieved, "I am happy here. I am meeting new people everyday."

"New men," her mother suddenly got real interested in the conversation.

I'll make my mother happy just this once...

"His name is Sesshomaru," Kagome proclaimed. "I met him at a book store in Brooklyn and he was so handsome and just a woman's dream. We took a cab together, he walked me home, and I didn't even get his number-"

"If he walked you home you should have invited him upstairs."

"Mom!" Kagome gasped. "I am not like that."

"I didn't mean for sex dear," Her mother corrected, "I mean for some tea. If he was an American man then you could have let him taste something like Japanese tea."

Kagome rolled her eyes, knowing Sesshomaru didn't want tea, but something else as she responded, "He's a business man. I know he has Asian blood, my guess would be Japanese. He must be biracial. It's rude to ask. I didn't want him to believe that things like that mattered to me you know."

"Why didn't you get his number?"

Kagome wondered why she didn't ask herself, and then answered quickly, "I didn't want to seem desperate. Like I was so eager to...you know...whatever. Like, I didn't want him to think I was desperate to find a date or something."

"Yea, paranoid, I get it," Kagome's mother cleared her throat. "Listen, I have to get going. Long distance calls add fees to the phone bill. Take care, honey. Love you!"

"Bye," Kagome hung up the phone.

So much for that... Anyway, I waited too late to register today at NYU. The line at the registrar's office must me outside and circling corners I swear. What the hell made me sleep this late? Maybe a jog will clear my mind.

Kagome got into the shower and then eventually got dressed in a pair of sweat pants, t-shirt, and some sneakers. Her hair was combed back into a pony-tale, as she grabbed her wallet, keys and put it into her back pants pocket and headed out the door.

Kagome absent-mindedly ran right passed Kouga who was coming up the stairs holding groceries as she was going down.

"Hey Kagome," Kouga proclaimed, but Kagome was already out the door and running down the block.

People think that skinny people can eat what they want and not gain a pound. I have NEVER met a thin person like that. The pounds make their way on them eventually. It's called the consequences of eating anything you want and not believing it'll come back. It comes back many times.

Kagome jogged up to a sidewalk where she waited for the light to change.

I wonder where I'll end up from this jog. Maybe I'll purposely get lost to see how much I know the neighborhood well enough. Or perhaps, I should visit Sango. Yea, seeing Sango would be such a great idea since she wasn't feeling well. The jog from my house to hers should be workout in itself.