InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome, The Prized Possession ❯ Father knows best ( Chapter 14 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 14: Father knows best

Kagome and Sango were standing on line to get some Ben and Jerry's ice cream. The weather was pretty pleasant about seventy degrees so there was no need to wear a jacket. It was Sango's idea to go to city and currently they were roaming through Bryant Park full with people of different backgrounds.

"So what's on today's agenda," Kagome asked as they moved a few steps closer to the line. "We are in the city...we're getting ice cream so what?"

Sango looked up at sky and a devilish smile curled on her lips.

I know that smile, Kagome thought. I know it all to well.

"Kagome-chan," Sango chuckled, "Lets go shopping for some equipment."

Equipment...

"What?" Kagome grimaced, "I am not a handyman Sango-chan."

"It's the Naraku in me," Sango tumbled over laughing at the look on Kagome's face. "We do a lot of stuff. Like, he took me to the store and he said he would buy me anything I want there. So one night we were-"

"Sango-chan," Kagome nudged her head towards the ice cream stand. "You might want to go get your ice cream now."

"Oh, ok," Sango smiled brightly as she reached for her wallet in her back pocket, "two strawberry ice creams please - on a cone!"

Kagome took a glance behind her and saw a mother look back at her with an awful mean glare.

Oh...

Kagome then looked down and saw the seven year old child in the Mother's hand.

Whoops, I guess this mother is pissed at how Sango was carrying on about her stuff. I think a better setting would be good for us. Like, I think we should definitely go to a place where it's more adults. Sango can get carried away without even knowing it.

Sango gave the cashier the money and grabbed the two ice cream cones. Kagome took one of them from her and they began to walk down the park which had small olive green tables to the side of them and chairs where people sat and talked amongst themselves, a good shade due to the trees blocking the sun above them followed by the occasional breeze.

Sango flicked the ice cream with her tongue, "Gosh it's a beautiful day. I feel like all my worries are over and I'm free to do whatever it is that I want. I feel too good when I'm with you. If something was to ever happen to you - I would be a wreck."

"Like wise," Kagome smiled as she licked her ice cream sideways.

"You know Kagome," Sango began saying as a matter-of-fact; "girls need girls. If this world was full of men and nothing else we might as well be all prehistoric. I get something from you that I never could get from any man. Girls need girlfriends. Men are good for sex and sometimes companionship, but it never beats a day or night out with the girls."

I agree.

"You like being with girls so much," Kagome suddenly chuckled, "that you're willing to have a world free of men?"

"I'll survive if you were one of the girls," Sango then said sternly, "but...men are good to have so I wouldn't want a world without one. However..."

"However," Kagome repeated, "I like men. Nothing beats being in a man's embrace."

Sango scoffed, "You only say that because Sesshomaru is your boyfriend and he is hot."

Kagome blushed.

He is beyond hot, Kagome thought. He's that forbidden hot.

"Look at your red face," Sango pointed out. "You are falling for that silver haired devil and you know it. You had to get out of your house to avoid calling him. You say nothing beats being in a man's embrace, but you REALLY mean to say nothing beats being in Sesshomaru's embrace. There is no way a gay man is going to turn straight or a straight woman is going to turn lesbian when they're with someone as good looking as he is."

Kagome laughed.

Sango your mentality is priceless. Sesshomaru is sexy and maybe he's the reason why I still have faith in men or why my faith in men is returning. That's why I wanted to give myself some time before I called him because I didn't want to make it seem as though I can't function without him. I want to give us sometime apart so that when we do see each other it will be - well the feeling that I think that he thinks I am all over him or that he can easily have his way with me will diminish. Still confusing...

"So you think he is sexy?" Kagome asked.

"Very," Sango's eyes widened. "When I saw him I was like damn...but something entered my mind; Sesshomaru, he shows a scary resemblance to Inuyasha."

What...

"Don't say that please," Kagome said as they came up to a sidewalk after exiting the park. "I haven't been thinking about Inuyasha. Inuyasha is so far in the back of my head that...well he is forgotten for the most part. I don't want to look at Sesshomaru and think of him."

Sango tossed her ice cream in the nearby garbage disposal and put her arm through Kagome's as they walked across the street saying sternly, "Get over it."

Get over it...

"Easy for you to say you've never been in love," Kagome pointed out.

"How do you know?"

Kagome gave Sango the eye, "Wouldn't you tell me something like that?"

"If I felt it was worth mentioning, yea," Sango whistled as they reached the other side of the street and walked down the block.

Sango in love, Kagome wondered. Is that possible? I wonder... I tell Sango everything. Is it possible that she would keep something like that from me? I'm not someone she just met, like a girl she is just getting acquainted with at her school. Sango and I have a history together. What best friend teaches their best friend how to masturbate by giving them a very touchy and informative demonstration? We were beyond friends.

Kagome glanced at Sango's arm wrapped around hers.

I have to ask...

"So did something ever happen that wasn't worth mentioning that you didn't mention?" Kagome asked after a moments pause.

Sango whistled.

Oh gosh, she is being a pain in you-know-where.

"Ok," Kagome looked away, "That's fine. Don't say anything. I'll remember that next time I want to tell you something."

Sango stopped whistling and pointed to a store across the street from them.

What?

Kagome turned her face to the store and read: London.

"London," Kagome said aloud. "What is in there...?"

"I have never been so let's go." Sango tugged at her arm as they crossed the street.

The store was small and had a mannequin wearing a blue garter belt on its leg, a latex corset, and around its neck was a whip.

When they both got across the street, Kagome froze in front of the store at the sight of the Mannequin, hers eyes moved up and down over it.

...I don't think...

"The mannequin's vagina is showing," Kagome said as she stood there watching it.

Sango laughed loudly, "Kagome no baka."

Kagome gave Sango a look.

"Don't call me stupid in Japanese," Kagome turned back to the store, "we are mastering our English so we must speak it everyday."

"Kagome-chan," Sango said through laughter, "you idiot."

Kagome glared at her.

Is that supposed to be better?

"I'm going home," Kagome turned around.

"No," Sango stopped laughing and grabbed her arm, "it's just a dummy. I laughed because most people compliment the outfit and you said the vagina was showing."

"It is."

Sango laughed again, "That's a mannequin, a dummy. They don't have a vagina - there is no line there. Kagome-chan, maybe you should've never left Japan."

Kagome glared at her.

The outing it showing though...

"Come," Sango grabbed her wrist, "let's look inside."

How do I get involved in these kinds of things? Kagome grimaced as they entered the store.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

Inuyasha cleaned his house. It was shocking even for him to understand why he did it. It had to be done, he was in a good mood and he no longer wanted to be surrounded by the moldy smell of food that was so OUT of date. Only momentarily, after he was done, did Inuyasha stand back and comment his efforts.

This place doesn't look half bad, Inuyasha thought. I cleaned it almost better than Kagome did.

Inuyasha then ran up the staircase to his bedroom where an open suitcase lied on his bed.

Now, Inuyasha wiped his hands together. What goes and what stays.

"Oh..." Inuyasha felt his cell phone vibrate in his pocket; he reached for it and flipped it open, "Hello."

"Inuyasha, it's your father. I am on three-way with your brother."

Oh, shit. I bet Sesshomaru is really tight right now.

"Hey old man," Inuyasha couldn't help but to chuckle, "Hey Sesshomaru."

Sesshomaru snorted on the other end.

"Sesshomaru," their father scolded.

"Hello Inuyasha," Sesshomaru answered coldly, "how are you doing?"

Inuyasha covered his mouth when he laughed so that his father couldn't hear it.

If I laugh out loud, Inuyasha knew. Dad is going to let me have it.

"Sesshomaru," their father spoke. "I am giving Inuyasha money so that he can go to America to live with you. He is bringing a friend along with him. I want you to go with him when he's looking for colleges and set him on the right path. You are his older brother, he looks up to you."

Like hell I do...

"No college would accept him," Sesshomaru began, "he's too stupid."

Wrong move Sesshomaru...

"Sesshomaru," Their father yelled.

Inuyasha clamped his hand over his mouth as his listened to his father scold Sesshomaru for a good five minutes.

"That is your brother Sesshomaru," their father snapped. "You will not deny him."

Inuyasha practically dug his nails in his cheek to avoid laughing at his father adding more minutes to the scolding period.

"Understand?" their father asked after a pause.

"Well," Sesshomaru began after a pause. "I have a little girl here. Inuyasha is a pervert and I wish not to introduce Rin to that kind of behavior."

"You have a child?" Their father asked.

What...

"Yes I have an adopted daughter," Sesshomaru answered. "She is seven."

"Why did you adopt a child?" Their father paused. "If you have a child then you should find a woman to help raise her. A child needs two parents. Two...do you hear me Sesshomaru?"

Sesshomaru snorted, "I am only twenty-six father. I have plenty of time to find a woman to marry me. For the time being, I am more than able to take care of Rin. I am the smart one out of the two, remember?"

Keep it up hot shot...

The third round of scolding began.

"Alright," Sesshomaru moaned. "Inuyasha is just as smart as I am. He is my brother and I should never turn him away when he is in need. I must respect him, and protect him because I only have one brother."

"Good," their father said, "hold on. Your mother is on the other line."

"Okay dad," Inuyasha said.

"Yes father," Sesshomaru answered.

It was only till they heard the click before the real fun began.

"You are stupid," Sesshomaru began again. "Father has faith in you; I wouldn't waste my time and money. However, since father has worked his fingers to pay for my tuition and see that I have a good education - it is only fitting that I show my gratitude."

"Look," Inuyasha snorted, "Since I am actually the smarter brother-"

Inuyasha could feel Sesshomaru cringe on the other line.

Inuyasha finished, "I will abide by your rules and respect your home as any well-mannered guest would. I do hope we can get along very well if only you'd give me a chance."

"Like money," Sesshomaru said clearly, "your chances go quick. Father isn't as young as he used to be, he needs to get his belt and teach you a lesson, but like all lessons that were taught to you - it'll go right out the window."

Inuyasha rolled his eyes.

Is living with Sesshomaru a good idea? Look at us...we never get along.

Inuyasha heard the phone click.

Heh, let me allow Sesshomaru to get his fourth scolding, Inuyasha plotted. Chances are he didn't hear dad click over and - I know dad. Dad eavesdrops on us any chance he gets.

"All I am saying is that," Inuyasha played innocent. "I want to make something of myself. I am twenty-one years old. I want dad to respect me like he respects you. I want to get along with you. Can't you for once get alone with me?"

"You are what they call a `bad investment'," Sesshomaru answered.

Wrong answer, Inuyasha smirked, my dear older but not WISER brother.

"Sesshomaru..." Their father said lowly. "How dare you insult your brother when he is clearly trying to make peace? Inuyasha hang up, I know you laugh. Hang up and let me deal with your brother. Finish packing - you are leaving tomorrow morning. Sayonara."

"Sayonara dad, Sesshomaru," Inuyasha stood shut.

I ain't hanging up...I know Sesshomaru is going to get what's coming to him for sure. I just got to be quiet.

"Inuyasha!" their father yelled, "hang up that phone."

So much for that...

Inuyasha closed his cell phone.

So much for that, he frowned. I know Sesshomaru is going to get his for old and new.

Inuyasha laughed to himself.

I got to get packing...

Inuyasha looked on top of his dresser, he saw the picture where Kagome and him were kissing and tossed it in the suitcase.

I can't forget to take my heart...

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

"Sango..." Kagome swallowed, "Don't make me touch it."

"Come on," Sango urged, "just do it."

The man at the cash register looked at them in the corner of his eye and snorted.

"What if it feels weird," Kagome whispered sharply at Sango, "I am not going to touch it!"

Sango scoffed, "They leave this out so that people can feel the texture of it and feel something else it can do. You are a woman; you're going to do this eventually. Touch it!"

Kagome stomped her foot down, "I can't."

"You can!" Sango snapped back.

"Oh for Christ's sake," the man rose up from his seat at the cash register, "it's a dildo. It won't find its way to your skirt by itself. Touch it and move on with life."

Sango and Kagome looked at him and blinked.

That was rude... Kagome thought.

Sango pointed the purple jelly dildo towards the man, "Look, we are potential buyers."

"Well buy and put your sword away," He answered as he grabbed his pent house magazine and opened it.

That ass hole...

"Let's go," Kagome said. "I don't like this guy's attitude."

"Yea," Sango looked at Kagome glaring at the man. "Hold this for me."

"Ok," Kagome didn't realize she took the dildo into her hand until she looked at how she gripped the stem.

Sango tricked me...

Kagome glared at Sango when she saw her laugh, "Yea, real funny."

"Alright wait outside since you're a baby," Sango grabbed something off the shelf that Kagome couldn't get a good look at. "I'm buying this. Oh and Kagome..."

Kagome was staring at the dildo in her hand.

It's so gooey like...

"Yea," Kagome looked up at Sango.

"Stop squeezing it," Sango chuckled. "A guy might not be too fond of you afterwards."

"Tell me about it," the man answered.

Kagome turned to the man and saw he had orange hair brought back in a pony-tale, had on a pair of blue worn denim jeans and a navy blue t-shirt where on the upper part of his chest on the left side showed his name tag.

"Oh gosh," Sango took her item to the cash register. "I need to know your name so when I come back here...I can report you to the damn manager you little shit."

Kagome narrowed her eyes on his name tag, "S-Shippo."

He looked up at her, "That's what it says, yes."

"Hey," Sango glared at him, "aren't you a little too young to work here?"

"I guess compared to your age," Shippo chuckled.

Sango's jaw dropped.

I can't allow this to happen.

"Hey!" Kagome stormed towards him, "where is your manager?"

"You just squeezed him," Shippo chuckled, "a few minutes ago."

"You are fucking crazy," Sango yelled. "No one is going to be treated like shit by you."

"What's going on here?" A man asked as he emerged from the stores lower level. "What's this all about?"

"Are you the manager?" Kagome asked as she pointed to Shippo, "This little shit doesn't know how to be polite."

"Yes I am the manager," the man answered. "My name is Myoga. I am so sorry to have caused you so much trouble with our young addition here."

Myoga was old, his hair and mustache was snow white from gray.

"Myoga," Sango began softly, "Shippo is someone you - piss on. Not hire."

Myoga nodded and turned to Shippo, "You're fired."

"Good," Shippo threw down his pent house magazine and storm out of the door.

Wow, Kagome was astonished. That guy is such a hot head. The worst kind too!

"I want this," Sango placed it on the stand by the cash register that Myoga began to ring up in Shippo's place, "How much?"

"Free of charge because of the situation," Myoga packed Sango's merchandise in a bag. "Go on. It's the least I can do. Please come again."

"Oh, ok," Sango rushed to the exit.

Why is she going so fast? Kagome wondered. It's not like the old geezer will change is mind or anything.

Sango and Kagome began walking down the block again.

That was weird...

"I got this for free," Sango looped her arm over Kagome's again as they walked. "Today is going so well."

"I don't know," Kagome grimaced. "I feel sort of bad."

Sango turned to her, "Bad?"

"That Shippo lost his job. Maybe he should've gotten suspended-"

"Please," Sango rolled her eyes. "That guy was beautifully rude as hell. He should've got his ass kicked. If he liked his job then he should have been more polite."

"Hey you over there," Shippo yelled from across the street.

Oh no... Does this guy want trouble? Maybe he wants to fight us because he lost his job. It makes since. He probably waited for us to come out of the store. Oh shit...

"He's coming over here," Kagome whispered in Sango's ear, "what should we do?"

"It's clear Kagome," Sango said as she stepped in front of her, "that if we were real lesbians...I would be the aggressive. Stand back and watch me knock this strawberry shortcake looking-"

"I wanted to say thank you," Shippo said as he crossed.

Thank you...

Sango winced, and Kagome grimaced.

Thank you...

Shippo looked left and right as if he suspected he was under surveillance.

Thank us for what? Kagome wondered.

"I didn't mean to be as rude as I did," Shippo scratched the back of his head nervously. "I just wanted to get fired so I can collect unemployment insurance."

What is that?

"Huh," Sango blinked, "are you fucking around?"

"No, no," Shippo swallowed. "I came to New York to be an actor and sadly the auditions that they're having cut into my work schedule. I want to act just as much as I want money so I heard about unemployment insurance so..."

"So you embarrass people to do it?" Sango asked as she gave him an inquisitive glare. "Why should we be victims in your little rotten scheme to get money without working tooth and nail?"

He is young and he probably didn't know any better. My guess is that he's probably seventeen - eighteen the oldest and working in a pornographic store like London has got to be tough. I wonder why they hired him.

"You're forgiven," Kagome put her arm through Sango's and forced her to walk with her down the street.

I know this is rude of me, but we might as well get on with the day.

"Kagome-chan," Sango looked at her in the corner of her eye.

"It's over Sango," Kagome replied back.

"Could I at least buy you guys some milkshakes to make up for it!" Shippo yelled.

"Milkshake..." Sango stopped, "Deal."

What!

Kagome tugged at her arm, "Sango-chan! We are lesbians for a day! Sango and Kagome - no men! We are dedicated to each other TODAY! Friend's day...you and me, want me to say it in Japanese?"

"He owes us," Sango whispered back, "we helped him get unemployment."

"Bonding," Kagome whispered back. "Don't you remember?"

"Um," Shippo grimaced. "I'll let you guys be since you're lesbians."

"I have a boyfriend," Kagome turned around to Shippo and snapped. "He is a great man."

Sango looked at Kagome in the corner of her eye.

"How great?" Sango asked after a momentary pause.

"Okay, so," Shippo backed up a bit and waved, "no hard feelings. Take care ok."

"Hey," Sango called as Shippo walked away, "What about my milk-"

Kagome clamped her hand over Sango's, "Do not beg."

For all the day has gotten me, I was better off calling Sesshomaru! But no, I am here with my best friend who's gotten too used to free stuff.

Kagome brought her hand back and asked, "Where to now?"

Sango yawned, "Lunch. I know this nice Chinese place."

Kagome grimaced as Sango looped her arm over hers like before and carried on down the street.

I wonder what Sesshomaru is up to...

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^^~^~^~^~^~^~^^~

Sesshomaru had his hair tied back in a pony-tale dicing up some vegetables; Rin was in the living room playing with her toys.

This can't be happening, Sesshomaru thought. He's coming tomorrow morning. If father gives him the money immediately which he probably will - he can even catch a late flight tonight. It's just as well. Maybe with my brilliance, Inuyasha will become someone a person can respect.

A smile curled on his lips.

The joke of the day...

"Rin," Sesshomaru called, "put your toys away and come here."

I feel like having some cabbage and steamed shrimp, but I don't know what Rin wants today.

"Yes," Rin stood in the kitchen doorway wearing her pink bunny rabbit pajamas.

"What would you like me to fix?" Sesshomaru asked.

"Um," Rin smiled brightly, "I don't know."

"You don't?"

Rin shook her head, "Nope."

Sesshomaru wiped his hand on the apron that was tied around his waist, he wore a dingy white t-shirt and navy blue jeans.

"I want to go out today like you said," Rin smile got even brighter. "You said I am a princess today so you must be my prince."

"Your prince," Sesshomaru raised a brow.

Rin nodded, "So let's eat out at a special place."

"You're paying?"

Rin suddenly frowned, "I am broke..."

Sesshomaru chuckled.

Just like that my aggravation has lifted, Sesshomaru realize. So for that, I must reward my little princess.

"Come," Sesshomaru took the apron off and walked past her to the sofa where he sat.

Rin nodded and followed him onto the sofa, "Yes?"

"What place are you talking about?" Sesshomaru asked. "What place is fitting?"

"Any place with Sesshomaru," Rin nodded.

Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow.

Rin knows how to sucker people to get what she wants, Sesshomaru smiled. I'm sure she'll do well in the business world.

"So what's do you like best?" Sesshomaru asked. "We can order you know."

"Um," Rin bounced on his lap suddenly, "but I want to go out. It's nice out. I want to have dinner out. Sesshomaru shouldn't cook."

"Then how will I eat?"

"We can order," Rin replied and chuckled.

Such a smart and warm girl...not once have I thought about Inuyasha. Things should be fine as long as Rin is here. Rin is my happiness.

"Get dressed," Sesshomaru smiled. "The quicker you-"

Rin hoped down from his lap and ran into her bedroom.

Sesshomaru chuckled, "That didn't take much."

A/N: After some fluff, Inuyasha will be coming up in the next chapter. Thank you and sayonara friendly fans!