InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome, The Prized Possession ❯ To meet an Understanding ( Chapter 19 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 19: To meet an understanding.

Kagome gave the cab driver her last eight dollars before she slammed the door and ran up the stairs to her apartment.

Fucking son of a bitch, Kagome thought. Telling me he'll give me time as if I don't know what I want.

Kagome felt her pockets for her keys.

Oh, that's just fucking great!

"I lost my keys," Kagome stormed back down the stairs. "My hair is soaking fucking wet and I lost my keys. Can this day get any worse?"

Kagome stormed down the street.

I look so weird right now...I feel like an idiot. I must've left my keys at Sesshomaru's house. I know I didn't leave it in the cab. I didn't see anything on the seat and...It just sucks. Everything sucks!

Kagome pushed her bang back and turned the corner.

I'll hang out at Sango's for a while. Kagome nodded. If I go there then I can take a shower and borrow some of her clothes. I just pray she got this Naraku stuff all sorted out.

Kagome suddenly heard thunder.

Great...it's going to pour all over me...

Kagome picked up the pace.

I knew I shouldn't have gone to Sesshomaru's house. Everything would've been different. I wouldn't have found out the bad news. I would be...happy.

~*~

Sesshomaru pulled up in a cab and got out the car, immediately he ran up the stairs, ignoring the thunder above him.

Fucking cab driver wouldn't speed, Sesshomaru thought. I know he can't run fast, the least he can do is drive fast.

Sesshomaru placed his hand on the door and leaned his face forward to try and see through the glass.

Shit, where is that old man that opens the door?

Sesshomaru banged on the door.

Someone has got to hear me and come down stairs.

Sesshomaru banged on the door again, looking through the glass, he saw no one still.

Fuck...

Sesshomaru turned around and sat down on the steps.

She's got to come out of there sometime, Sesshomaru knew. Or someone has to come and open this door and the minute they do...I'll tell her how I feel so she can understand that I didn't mean what I said. I don't want to give her time...I didn't mean to say that - I just thought that if I said that then she wouldn't think I was trying to control her. I didn't want her to think I was trying to manipulate her decision in choosing. I didn't want to snap at her and tell her that she better not even think about taking that bastard Inuyasha back.

Sesshomaru leaned his head back and looked at the dark gray clouds building up in the sky.

How appropriate, Sesshomaru smiled, rain clouds...just at the right moment - good for the mood.

Sesshomaru folded his arms up top of his chest and looked away from the sky.

Kagome-sama, she told me off didn't she...

At that moment Sesshomaru could feel small droplets of rain fall on his silver hair.

How ironic that, Sesshomaru suddenly frowned. The day we met it rained, and the day where it's all ending - it's raining.

Sesshomaru shut his eyes suddenly and felt a drop of rain fall on his eyelid.

A man never knows the right thing to say, does he? When a woman confronts him with tears in her eyes - he can never quite say the right thing to make the tears diminish and the woman's heart mend. Women are men's greatest gift - they complete us. What do we do for women - nothing compared to what they do for us.

Sesshomaru suddenly opened his eyes at the feel of heavy rain drops falling all over his body, bouncing off his leather jacket, but making his hair stick to his back and face - soaking his jeans.

I wanted to be beside Kagome the moment I saw her, but I didn't know how I could do that. I lied saying the book was mine - like I would read that shit. I wanted to hear her voice more after she apologized to me - I fell in love with her dark eyes; eyes holding a hint of sadness yet endless depths of beauty.

Sesshomaru clenched his teeth at the feel of cold rain running down his spine from his jacket collar.

It's always raining like this in April, but I can't see sameness in this rain like I have the other times. I always know when it's going to rain, but not today - I am here getting soaked because I wasn't prepared. It's so annoying how everything is so fitting.

Water ran down from his bang along with the rain still currently falling down his face.

I forgot what it feels like to get caught in the rain. I would almost think that it's a wonderful feeling had the situation not been the way that it was...

Sesshomaru shut his eyes.

I have discipline so despite the cold weather - I'll endure this rain for as long as it takes. I need to see Kagome. I don't even care about anything else right now...nothing will take my mind off of Kagome. I need to see her no matter what.

"Locked out are we?"

Sesshomaru opened his eyes slowly and saw Kouga holding an umbrella in one hand and dangling the keys in the other.

Sesshomaru snickered, and looked away.

"See," Kouga chuckled, "here I am trying to make peace and you being the stubborn dog that you are don't even realize when someone is trying to do you a favor."

"You're trying to do me a favor?" Sesshomaru grimaced.

"Come on," Kouga said as he went up the stairs. "I never liked when owners left their dogs outside in the rain."

Sesshomaru got up and followed him.

Who would've guess Kouga would be the one to let me in. Heh, this day keeps getting better and better doesn't it?

~*~

Sango, while in her red robe, opened the door for Kagome and her eyes narrowed on Kagome's soak and wet figure, "Damn...you're soaked."

Sango stepped aside allowing Kagome to enter.

"Thank you," Kagome was saying as she moved to sit on Sango's sofa.

"Halt!" Sango pointed to the bathroom. "Go to the B-room and do what you need to do."

"Huh," Kagome grimaced. "Do what I need to do?"

Doesn't Sango notice my distraught face, Kagome wondered.

"Go in the bathroom," Sango explained simply, "try not to look like you stayed up all last night - you know."

Kagome glared at her, "Is my looks more important than my feelings Sango?"

"No," Sango grabbed Kagome's wrist and brought her to the bathroom, "but it doesn't hurt to feel as good as you look."

What the hell...

"Sango," Kagome turned around from the bathroom door. "Listen-"

"Kagome," Sango smiled wryly, "take a nice hot bath and I'll make you some tea even bring you clothes, while getting rid of the naked Naraku."

Oh...so that's it...they did make up a little better than I thought.

Kagome rolled her eyes as she went into the bathroom.

"Fine," Kagome moaned as she shut the door behind her.

"Arigato Kagome-chan," Sango quickly rushed to her bedroom.

~*~

Sango opened her bedroom door and saw Naraku lying under her red comforters sleeping.

How nice - he looks so innocent when he sleeps, Sango thought. Oh well...

"Hey, Naraku," Sango shook him. "Get up."

Naraku turned over and leaned up, the red comforter slid down from his chest as he suddenly leaned his back against the wooden bedpost with dazed eyes.

"My friend is here," Sango shut her bedroom door behind her, "she looks a bit troubled and I need to spend some time with her."

"Who's stopping you," Naraku moved the dark hair that fell to the side of his face.

"I can't have a man in my bed," Sango snapped. "She's my best friend - we lay in the bed and we talk emotionally. You have a penis - you have to go."

A wicked smile curled on Naraku's lips, "My penis was the reason you let me stay."

"Oh can it," Sango pointed to the door, "I have to be there for my friend and you're not going to get a quick lay before you leave so go."

Naraku snorted as he pulled the covers off of him fully and began to redress himself with the clothes piled up beside the bed.

Ok...now - I have to think about what's going through Kagome's mind...

Sango suddenly folded her arms on top of her chest as she looked away from Naraku.

She had sex - nah, that can't be it. I'd never bet money on Kagome losing her virginity anytime soon - well not with Inuyasha as her boyfriend anyway, but Sesshomaru - definitely. Wait...Kagome could've been robbed. No...Being robbed was such an idiot suggestion - good thing I didn't say it out loud.

Naraku wrapped his arms around Sango from behind and kissed her neck as he pressed his hard member against her.

Ugh...we did it three times and he still comes on strong...

"Naraku," Sango turned around and Naraku suddenly kissed her and pressed her against the wall.

Oh for crying-out-loud...

Sango pushed him back, "Three times. THREE TIMES," Sango repeated as she began to make her bed now. "I always say two but you always want to keep going..."

"I thought you said we'd be in bed all day today," Naraku began to button his white shirt. "I don't like to be lied to."

"My friend is here," Sango turned around and snapped. "She's going through something right now. Why can't you understand that?"

"Maybe I can help," Naraku pushed his bang out of his eye. "That is, if she needs man advice."

"What advice does someone need with men?" Sango shook her head as she fluffed the pillows and placed them back down by the bedpost. "They have a penis - an arrow that point up for women and in some cases for other men. It makes no difference trying to understand you guys."

"What of women?" Naraku glared at her. "Too many of you get out of line when you should know your place."

I know where this is going...

"I'm not going to handcuff you to the bed and put you in your place," Sango began as she looked under her bed for any left over clothing. "Stop looking for openings."

Naraku scoffed, "Just one more...I'll make it quick before your friend gets in."

"No..." Sango got up and walked towards the door, but Naraku blocked her.

"Come on," Naraku opened her robe and quickly took her breast into his mouth - nibbling and sucking her nipples.

"Naraku," Sango bit her bottom lip as Naraku moved his face to her area.

Damn, he always does this when all else fails...but Kagome is more important!

Naraku suddenly looked up at her, "I know what you're feeling. One more and then I'll leave."

"No," Sango pushed him away and pointed to the door, "Out!"

Naraku scoffed, "Fine."

Thick-headed bastard...

~*~

Sesshomaru sat by Kagome's door with his back against the wall.

She's not home, Sesshomaru realized. It appears she didn't take a cab to her house then. I suppose waiting here is better then waiting outside in the rain thanks to that wild wolf.

It had been an hour already and Sesshomaru's wet hair and clothes was making a puddle beneath him.

Damn rain...

Kouga opened his door and saw Sesshomaru sitting by the door against the wall and he chuckled, "She still ain't back yet?"

Sesshomaru turned his golden eyes to him, but didn't answer.

Kouga then looked at the floor and his eyes widened, "Dude, it looks like you pissed on yourself."

Sesshomaru got up suddenly and glanced at the floor, "So it does."

"Come in and have a beer," Kouga greeted. "You look like a guy who could use one."

"Are you plotting something?" Sesshomaru asked coldly.

"Come in and stop being a bitch," Kouga replied just as cold.

I suppose it wouldn't hurt...if he tries something funny I could always beat him to the ground.

Sesshomaru and Kouga glared at each other as Sesshomaru finally decided to walk him.

Not bad...

Kouga had a spacious living room, smooth wooden floor with a black leather sofa and a coffee table in front with a fifty inch screen TV at the end, Sesshomaru turned his head to the right and saw his kitchen.

This place is larger than Kagome's...

Kouga gestured his hand to the kitchen, "Have a seat and I'll get you a beer."

Sesshomaru took a seat and sat down; his eyes still scanned the place as Kouga opened the refrigerator.

"I got Budweiser, Corona, Sex on the beach," Kouga looked at Sesshomaru's cold glare. "Sex on the beach is not beer but it is an alcoholic beverage."

"Give me that then."

"I'm straight dude."

Sesshomaru snorted, "You know what I meant."

"Damn," Kouga pulled the bottle out the fridge, "Can't take a joke?"

Sesshomaru glanced at the TV.

Fifty inch screen...usually runs someone three-thousand or more if name brand.

"Nice set," Sesshomaru began as Kouga popped the top of his drink and placed it in front of him. "How much was it?"

Kouga pulled out a bottle of mineral water and sat down, "My uncle owns a Best Buy in Long Island City so he gave me this one half off."

Sesshomaru nodded as he took a sip of his drink, "Not bad. Weak though."

Kouga laughed, "I guess you're thinking someone ought to change the name."

"Precisely," Sesshomaru smiled despite himself and put the drink down. "So what you do for a living?"

Kouga untwist the top to his mineral water, "I'm a small business owner; I own a car repair shop. What about you?"

"I do realty for the upper class," Sesshomaru took a gulp of his drink; "The realty is a side show though. I'm a business owner myself."

Kouga nodded, "What do you own?"

"I'm the landlord of my own apartment, and other things profitable."

Kouga nodded, "So you got big bucks."

"So it seems."

"I wouldn't want a lot of money," Kouga took a gulp of his mineral water; "I make money, but not compared to someone like you. If I made too much then I wouldn't know if a girl wanted me for me or not. This car repair thing is an inheritance - not something I really want to do. I go to Brooklyn College part time majoring in Film. I want to direct action movies."

"If you are successful," Sesshomaru started, "You'll be making a lot of money."

"Yea, but if I find a woman right now that I can grow with then they could share in my success rather than come the second of my success - wait, I think I said it wrong."

Sesshomaru chuckled.

As long as it's not Kagome...we are fine.

"I wanted to apologize to you for before," Kouga started.

Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow.

I remember Kagome wanted me to apologize for what I said...

"I might've been coming at Kagome strong without realizing it." Kouga laughed wryly, "She's a nice girl. Oh - how's that turning out for you?"

Sesshomaru looked away and lied, "Good."

~*~

Kagome came out of the bathroom with a black robe on and saw Sango close the front door.

I bet Naraku is pissed, Kagome thought. Sango kicked him out for me so he's got to hold some sort of gripe.

"Kagome," Sango smiled warmly, "Have a seat and I'll get you something to put on."

Kagome nodded and sat on the sofa as Sango went into her bedroom.

What I'm going to tell Sango, Kagome knew, is going to have her on the ceiling.

Sango came out the room holding a folded pair of navy-blue jeans, underwear, t-shirt, and a ball of socks, "I just bought the jeans and underwear so don't be alarmed."

"I'm not thinking about that," Kagome brought her knees up to her chest as Sango placed the items down and sat beside her. "Something awful happened."

Sango frowned, "Tell me."

"Inuyasha..." Kagome started softly.

"Oh, you want to take him back?" Sango grimaced.

What...

"No!" Kagome realized she yelled and brought her voice back down. "Inuyasha is Sesshomaru's brother and he's-"

Sango clamped her hand to her mouth as her eyes widened.

Yea, she looks even more surprised than I was...well not nearly but close enough.

Sango shook her head saying, "You must've got the worst luck in the world to have something like that happen."

"I spent the night over Sesshomaru's house," Kagome explained. "Then when I thought Sesshomaru was in the shower - it was Inuyasha."

Sango covered her ears with her hand, "I can't believe what you're telling me right now..."

Kagome glanced at Sango and saw a smile working its way to her lips.

I guess it doesn't hurt to find some humor in this because I can't...

"Shit," Sango brought her hands away from her ears and straightened up, "So...why did you spend the night at Sesshomaru's house and how would you know it was Inuyasha in the shower?"

Kagome let out a breath and told Sango everything from beginning to end.

Sango got up and gasped, "Oh shit! They fought! Inuyasha fought him bone naked!"

Kagome nodded.

"And you..." Sango shook her head, "you broke up with Sesshomaru - you let him have it!"

"Yea - we're not together anymore," Kagome frowned. "And I think I left my keys in Sesshomaru's bedroom but I dare not go over there. Inuyasha is there and-"

"Fuck that," Sango began as she went to her bedroom, "Get dressed - we are going to get your keys."

Kagome's eyes widened, "Inuyasha is there and Sesshomaru could be too - I don't want a fight to start...I just want everything to NOT be the way it is."

Sango stopped and turned around halfway, "Well, life is never the way people want it to be. What happened to you is like - what are the odds...but you'll live. I refuse to let you go quietly into the night. You don't want to be with Inuyasha - so what if he was a porn director. You're with Sesshomaru now!"

Kagome suddenly frowned.

"Oh..." Sango realized what she had said. "I'm sorry."

Kagome smiled, "No, stuff like this happens. I should be stronger than this. I -"

"Kagome-chan," Sango flashed a warm smile, "you are strong."

"What do you mean?" Kagome eyes glimmered a bit. "I don't feel strong."

Sango slowly walked to Kagome and leaned down to kiss her on her cheek, "You are."

"I'm not," Kagome cried suddenly and stammered, "I just feel maybe if I didn't agree to go over Sesshomaru's house then I would've never known - but I know that doesn't have anything to do with anything. I liked Sesshomaru a lot - so much that I really think I do love him or else I wouldn't feel the way I do towards him when he's near me or when he touches me."

Sango looked down at Kagome's crying face and touched her chin lightly with her finger tips.

Sango...

Kagome suddenly looked up at Sango with her shimmering dark eyes to only have her heart melt at the sight of her best friend's smile.

"You really don't know why you're strong?" Sango asked softly.

Kagome was speechless at the sight of her friend's face and shook her head.

"Maybe you did love Sesshomaru," Sango began, "and maybe you still love Inuyasha somewhere inside of you. However, the person you love more than anyone and anything is yourself."

"Myself," Kagome repeated bewildered.

"Yes, and do you want to know why?"

It certainly will help if you explain to me what you mean by this...

"Why," Kagome sniffled as the tears ceased from falling.

Sango chuckled, "Kagome no baka. As much as you loved both men in your life...you aren't afraid to let them go."

Kagome's eyes suddenly widened at Sango's claim.

"Think," Sango started, "the moment you found out Inuyasha was a porn star you left his ass without a second thought. Forgiving Inuyasha wasn't even an option because he betrayed you - a betrayal beyond forgiveness. No matter how much you loved him and might've wanted to work things out - you loved yourself enough to realize that you were too good to have to settle for someone who would do that to you."

Kagome suddenly remembered her leaving Inuyasha that day and him trying to explain to her the situation and her refusing to listen.

I'm not sorry either, Kagome told herself. I didn't do the wrong thing that day.

"With Sesshomaru," Sango chuckled as she continued, "that was a tough cookie there! He's sexy, successful - a great lover and still even then, the moment you felt that he was trying dictate your feelings you let him have it. Telling you he's going to give you time for what you was telling him as plain as the nose on his face - please! That goes to show, you can't learn EVERYTHING in College."

Kagome suddenly laughed.

I wouldn't know what I'd do without Sango sometimes...

"You love yourself," Sango said sternly now, "and you're not afraid to let anyone go if you feel they are treating you in any way unsound. So you are strong. Don't ever say you aren't - not even for a minute."

Sango...I love you...

Kagome got up and kissed Sango lightly on the lips while wrapping her arms around her.

Sango's eyes widened as Kagome pulled away smiling, Sango then felt her lips and blushed, "What - what was that for?"

"I love you Sango-chan," Kagome stared dreamily into Sango's eyes now. "I had to show you that - some things you can't say just with words."

Sango shook her head and giggled, "We have got to be the gayest best friends that ever walked this Earth."

Kagome chuckled, "Nah, Sango - our relationship is different from others. No one can touch our friendship."

Sango nodded and smirked, "So it seems."

Now since that is done...

Kagome suddenly wiped her face and grabbed the bundle of clothes, "It's time to get dressed."

"Oh," Sango raised an eyebrow, "For what?"

"I got to get my keys, don't I," Kagome suddenly grimaced when she saw Sango pick up the phone. "Hey, who are you calling?"

Sango shrugged, "Oh, just Naraku."

"For what?" Kagome asked suspiciously.

"Oh, just to say," Sango chuckled, "the things you normally say when you don't want to deal with an ass-hole anymore."

Kagome smiled and wrapped her arms around her friend, "Yay!"

Sango brushed her off playfully as she dialed the number, "Come on now, we have time to be gay later. It's just something I want to do before we get your keys back."

"You really want to come," Kagome smiled again, "I guess it would be wonderful to have someone there with me for support come to think of it."

Sango raised an eyebrow, "You don't need support - never did. Heh, besides, who the fuck would want to miss those fireworks."

Kagome grimaced.

I hope it's more like an in and out sort of thing. Kagome grimaced. I really don't want a confrontation.

~*~

"This is a man's game," Kouga proclaimed as he moved his queen horizontally on the chess board. "Strategy, action-"

Sesshomaru smiled as he took Kouga's queen with his rook.

"No way," Kouga gasped, "aw, that's fucked up. I so shouldn't have moved there."

"You took my queen so I had to avenge her," Sesshomaru said plainly, "you beat me the first round so - can't be a total loss if I beat you this time."

"Ha!" Kouga gasped, "You won all my walnuts in the poker game - three times."

"I like walnuts."

"Blah," Kouga moved across and snatched Sesshomaru's pond, "I ain't losin'!"

"What's the penalty if someone loses this time?" Sesshomaru took Kouga's rook with his bishop. "You're doing pretty well - it could be a close call."

"Buy lunch or whatever," Kouga shrugged, "I don't know."

Sesshomaru glanced at Kouga's cracked door, it was Kouga's suggestion to crack the door so that the moment Kagome came in - it was more evident.

I am actually enjoying myself, Sesshomaru admitted. Never would I bet money that I'd have a good time with Kouga. I suppose waiting is easier this way. It beats being in the rain or in the hallway in a puddle. I'm actually pretty dry now since I've been here for a while.

"Checkmate," Sesshomaru smiled wickedly as his Bishop stood three squares away from Kouga's king. "Perhaps you should ask me, what I'd like to eat."

"McDonald's?" Kouga asked wryly.

Sesshomaru winced, "No; having fast food as a victory lunch is not a good way to make anyone feel victorious."

"You're right," Kouga admitted. "Well, I got something here, but you'd have to cook it."

"Loser cooks it," Sesshomaru knocked down Kouga's king with his Bishop, "please...do not burn my lunch."

Kouga winced at his knocked over king, "Bastard."

Sore loser...

A/N: I wanted to give my faithful readers a little break in this chapter; a break from the firecrackers, but some of you love firecrackers - I dunno. Then someone reviewed me and told me to hurry it up (LOL). (Also, Medatsu asked me how Kagome is getting all this money for cabs -LMAO) Also, for the people who asked me if Sango and Miroku are going to hook up - chances are. I think they're a cool pair so I'll work on their romance. I'm probably going to end this at Chapter 30. I know some of you are like, "What are you crazy? That's so long!" But I really want to make sure everything is covered for a satisfying ending - hot hentai scene - firecrackers and people who tend to rush that don't usually make it a good piece. To the people who have reviewed or just took the time out to read this fiction, I want to thank you. I enjoy hearing about how a chapter affected you - or opinions in general. I want to make people happy with this story so - I thought I should say that before I continued. This is not a cliffy, it's the ending to a beginning - I'd like to think. I will very much make updates as quickly as possible. Thank you for your time and patience - I will try not to disappoint anyone. A hentai scene is coming very soon for all you hentai lovers. Ok...this is a long note. Sorry! Psycho Demoness - Sesshomaru WILL find his way back to Kagome.