InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome, The Prized Possession ❯ Chapter 28 ( Chapter 29 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 28: Final Chapter

 

Registration took sometime being as though Kagome wasn't the ONLY student registering for classes at the college. Again, even being as long as it was she didn't mind the time because Sango was with her all the way through.

They had a light breakfast and snacked on a muffin for lunch because they didn't want to tread too far away from the school while there were still long lines to submit to; the school cafeteria just had to do for the moment.

All in all the day made itself up, and when it was finally over Kagome felt a strong triumphant - she was a student registered for classes at a prestigious university where some of the New York residents even had a hard time getting into. She hadn't realized how proud of herself she should've been until she and Sango were on the subway back to Sesshomaru's.

"What are you smiling about?" Sango asked as she saw Kagome's eyes directed at the end of the not-so crowded train while her mind was obviously somewhere else. "I get it. Thinking about Sesshomaru?"

What? Kagome broke away from her thoughts.

"No," Kagome answered as she smiled. "I was thinking about how I've come so far. Like this would be the first time I got to sit down and think things through and... Well, I am proud of myself. I don't give myself enough credit sometimes and I should. Life is really amazing-"

"What?" Sango chuckled. "Why is it amazing? One minute you're about to be shot and the next you can actually absorb the beauty of the world on the flip-side?"

Kagome was about to protest before she realized that was exactly it. Life was really that amazing - one day can be completely horrible then the next can be completely wonderful. It's true - you only have one life to live and you have to live through each day to truly enjoy it.

"You know," Sango leaned back in her seat and looked at the ceiling. "I'm happy we're friends-"

Kagome suddenly turned to her.

"I don't say that enough," Sango looked back down at Kagome and their eyes met. "I am glad to be your friend Higurashi. I mean, you know how friends go through certain trials - "

"We went through ours," Kagome agreed. "We were there for each other even, even at a time we're it seemed...well...we weren't like other people. We were always different and special."

"Is there always people out there who want to think of themselves as...special?" Sango grimaced and continued. "I guess we actually are special and not just saying it to be cute."

Kagome laughed as Sango put her arm around her shoulder.

"Kagome-sama," Sango said once the laughter died. "We'll be friends forever, won't we?"

Kagome leaned her head on Sango's and smiled.

"Until the end," Kagome answered softly.

"Until the end," Sango repeated.

 

~^~

"Why are you asking me if you're stupid," Sesshomaru sat at the kitchen table on his cell phone. Rin was still over at the neighbor's house and Miroku was in the room moaning about his hand, but then shushed the moment a Baywatch rerun came on. "What does that have to do with our deal? Don't toy with me, I'm young but I'm not an idiot. Ha, please - you won't sell for that price. A blind man could see you're trying to get over on me and my colleagues...you'll call me back? How about I not waste my time on you - all deals are over."

Sesshomaru flipped his cell-phone closed again as he turned and snorted - reliving the thought he sat down to calm down.

There's no need to get too worked up, Sesshomaru reminded himself. That's the price you pay for being in this profession.

Sesshomaru picked up his cell phone upon the first ring.

"Hello?"

"Sesshomaru," it was Kouga. "I'm in town. You want to meet up or something. I'm never in the neighborhood of a friend of mines and not call them to see if they'll like to meet up."

"Actually," Sesshomaru looked at his watch. "I got time - where you want to meet up?"

"West 28th street in an hour," Kouga suggested.

"Yes, that's a good time," Sesshomaru got up. "I'll meet you by Ray's Pizzeria."

Sesshomaru closed his phone and stuffed it into the inside pocket of his suit. He stood there momentarily and sighed.

"An hour," Sesshomaru said aloud and grimaced.

As he sat now at the kitchen table his mind seemed to have wondered, while his golden eyes focused on the table.

So much has happened, Sesshomaru thought. It's almost amazing. All that happened between me and Kagome that is. We fell in love, made love, and survived a dilemma that surfaced from the past...

Then he also remembered...

How could I forget? Sesshomaru realized. We even survived and event involving a man who just couldn't take no for an answer.

"Oh, my," Miroku said aloud from his room. "I love America!"

Sesshomaru turned his golden eyes to the direction of the bedroom through the kitchen door and shook his head in shame.

It is of no surprise to me...that that's Inuyasha's best friend. I don't think it could've been anyone else.

There were other things to remember in between all the conflict. Such as the event that took place between Sesshomaru and Kouga in the club. With that dawning his mind, Sesshomaru smiled a bit.

To think I had all that competition for Kagome, Sesshomaru laughed shortly. I never faced so much competition for a woman in my whole life. My little brother even wanted her back. He wanted her back even after so long... I wouldn't have fought for many things regarding the cause of most of the feuds my brother and I faced, but Kagome was a damn good exception.

Sesshomaru smiled when he remembered how Kagome looked in the nurse outfit he picked out for her...his smile was so genuine and bright that it could turn a world surrounded by darkness into a world full of light.

Memories seem to resurface more and more in his mind as he sat there. His heart seemed to beat faster when he remembered what she felt like, and even ached not to have her with him at that very moment.

Even so, there was something else that entered his mind...something that he himself didn't really think about before or immediately after the occurrence. He was surprised that it even had struck him now. It should've much sooner...much sooner than it did - and much more.

What the hell was wrong with Naraku?

Sesshomaru's smile washed away as he said aloud to himself, "He had everything his heart desired and worked so hard to be where he was to throw it all away for..."

The reason didn't seem reason enough.

Maybe for you, an inner voice quoted.

Perhaps that was so. Sesshomaru had no interest in being with Sango. Sure it was Sango and he who took down the mass idiot before he was able to kill someone, but still his heart was with Kagome, soul and body. Naraku's interest was much different from his.

What was it that he loved about Sango so much that he didn't care for reason; he didn't care for everything he got up till now?

"He's a fool," Sesshomaru said aloud and got up. "Fools never survive."

Miroku then said aloud, "You'll never get anywhere by talking to yourself. Seriously, you're freaking me out."

Sesshomaru rolled his eyes and walked towards the door.

Idiot...

 

~*^*~

Kikyo was laughing as she and Inuyasha walked down 28th street.

"We're almost there," Inuyasha promised. "We're not going to die from a walk now."

Kikyo giggled now as she said, "You changed so much. You seem so lively. I never thought you could be like this - is this your true self?"

Inuyasha stopped and noticed that Kikyo's hand was in his - he was leading her as they walked and hadn't even noticed it. He swallowed a gulp of air, completely ignoring what Kikyo had asked him.

"Well?" Kikyo urged as she saw Inuyasha stuck in a daze.

"I don't know," Inuyasha answered.

It wasn't a lie. He didn't know anymore. Ever since he got over his Kagome dilemma he felt a since of freedom - freedom that couldn't really be explained. Never in the relationship did Inuyasha feel as though Kagome held him back from doing anything he wanted to do. However, he had to admit that some things he didn't share with Kagome he shared with Kikyo.

"I think," Kikyo said lowly as she began to detach her hand from his. "Maybe this isn't a good-"

Inuyasha tightened his grip on her hand.

What's with me? Inuyasha thought.

It seemed as though his body and his mind both ran wild in a rush of freedom. He didn't expect he would be holding hands with Kikyo walking down the street, but he was.

"Inuyasha," Kikyo was a little dismayed by the pressure Inuyasha applied. "What's your problem?"

What's wrong with me? No - Inuyasha stopped his thoughts.

"Well..." Kikyo's facial expression was now ridden with anger.

It was one of those things that people take a while to realize, but not at too long a time where it's too late. As Inuyasha glanced at his hand in Kikyo's - all the arguments they shared and some of the sarcastic laughs they threw at one another when they mocked or whatever way they behaved to show that they didn't like each other came to play that it was the complete opposite.

They were friends.

They looked out for each other even in the porno business...they had each others back and was always honest with one another on everything they did. Though it wasn't in relationship wise, they were partners. In no way were they strangers, and in no way could they deny the bond they had. If there was no bond Inuyasha suddenly knew that he wouldn't be worried if he hurt her feeling or not. Friends just didn't do that.

"Kikyo," Inuyasha loosened his grip. "Why did you ask me if this was my true self?"

Kikyo blinked, getting on the defensive, "I don't know. It's just a question that's all it was. Don't take it to heart or anything like that-"

"You asked me that for a reason," Inuyasha looked dead into Kikyo's eyes and for a moment Kikyo the HIGH AND MIGHTY seemed like Kikyo the young and tiny.

Kikyo choked on the words she was about to say, but stopped herself. They both were on the sidewalk and even though people passed them by - it was as if they were in a world with only two members, themselves.

This should be fun, Inuyasha smiled.

The smile Inuyasha made, seem to cause Kikyo to blush and look away.

"Kikyo-sama," Inuyasha teased. "You like me don't you?"

"Don't be stupid," Kikyo snapped and tried to yank her hand out of his, but Inuyasha was much stronger than she was. "Let go of me! I'm leaving."

"Answer my question," Inuyasha wasn't teasing anymore. "Otherwise I'll have to let you go, and go back to the old me-"

"Why would you do that?" Kikyo snapped.

This caused for Inuyasha to be a bit alarmed. So much so that he jumped, a little bit startled.

The old me... Inuyasha winced. Where we used to fight and now we seem to be at peace. I wonder what stopped us from now.

"Kikyo," Inuyasha said softly as he looked back into her dark eyes and noticed something. "What was wrong with the old me...Kikyo-sama?"

Kikyo met his eyes, but with something that seemed more dazed like as if she was reliving events of her own. Then her eyes got glassy, which shocked him because this was something he never thought Kikyo was capable of doing. One time, eyes full of strength, never wavering, never stepping down - now everything looked as if it was falling.

The end of the world...

"Let go!" Kikyo finally broke out of his grip and rushed down the block and around the corner.

"Kikyo..." Inuyasha was shocked. "Kikyo..."

Why did she run from me? I have to go to her.

"Kikyo," Inuyasha yelled as he ran for her, "Kikyo!"

As Inuyasha ran for her he remembered something that happened as he dodged by the passersby and did a turn at the corner where he saw she went. More things he recalled that overwhelmed him and one he seemed to remember perfectly.

~

"Ha, our first independent film got us this much money," Kikyo stood up and held the check above her head. "We were made for this business."

"Stop your bitching," Inuyasha responded wryly and he sat on the sofa in her living room. "That was luck. We won't get another hit like that. Might as well split the dough and try something else-"

Kikyo held the check up to his eyes and snapped, "Stupid bastard. Don't quit while you're ahead. You wouldn't know a good thing even if it was a good blow job-"

"Oh yea, well prove it!"

"Hell no," Kikyo brought the check away from his eyes so that he was able to get a good look at her glare. "I don't know where that things been."

"Gee thanks," Inuyasha laughed at her expression after a while. "You know maybe you ought to be in one of the films. That should get the money reeling our way!"

"Stupid ass," Kikyo yelled.

"Whatever," Inuyasha rolled his eyes as he leaned back on the sofa.

"You in or out," Kikyo asked flat out, tired of their little tiffs.

"Are you in?"

"Heh, of course - I want to get paid," Kikyo pointed out.

"Good," Inuyasha grabbed her hand suddenly, grip tight, and shook it. "We're in this together. Now, I get 75% and you get 25% - what do you say?"

"Go to hell," Kikyo reprimanded and as they glared at each other they both began to laugh, "Good one, Inuyasha."

"Heh, if only I were kidding."

~

We're in this together, Inuyasha thought. Kikyo - but you ran...you ran away from me you stupid bitch and I don't even know. I have an idea, but I need you to tell me...why didn't you answer me?

"Hey pal watch where the fuck you're going!" A man yelled as Inuyasha practically knocked him down trying to follow a girl that he didn't even see anywhere in the crowd anymore.

Where did you go? Are you seriously trying to hide from me? This isn't the Kikyo I know. If Kikyo said that I changed and it's a change that she liked then how come her change can't be the same!

Inuyasha stopped running and yelled into the distance, "Why are you running from me? What the hell is wrong with you? The Kikyo I knew wouldn't run? Kikyo, Kikyo-sama!"

Bullshit! This is complete bullshit!

Inuyasha's hands bawled into fists.

"Hey calm down buddy!" Someone yelled.

"He better get off the sidewalk with that shit," someone added.

"Maybe his boyfriend broke up with him," third person.

No one understands, Inuyasha thought. None of them do. I don't understand either.

Kikyo...

Inuyasha stood still watching the distant path as the sidewalk got crowded around him with people carrying on with their life. He stood still, eyes dazed as if he was a statue, immovable, holding a facial expression he would probably hold for the rest of the day.

A facial expression of confusion...

 

~*^*~

Kikyo walked slowly now. She was lost, didn't know where she was going - it was her first time visiting New York and it had already been miserable, tiresome, hurtful according to what she felt in her heart.

Inuyasha had been so stupid earlier asking the question that he did - he seemed more like a kid for a moment, and it hurt, she had to get away.

Though what she did could've been seen as childish...

It was a hard thing to do to make Kikyo cry, no man had ever been able to. She always thought highly herself, so much that she had no time to worry about other people's OPINIONS or so to speak. Inuyasha had succeeded and made her eyes glassy and she was at the brink of crying. Maybe seeing Inuyasha's actions as childish was away to push back her own response to his attempts.

She didn't know what his attempts were exactly.

All she knew was that it felt as though he was trying to unravel her deepest emotion outside in public like that - by acting like a man and not like a jerk, holding her hand and pretending as though he cared when his heart was really with Kagome all the time.

It could be Kikyo felt as though that whatever feeling that was taking shape and form inside of her was irrelevant. Inuyasha came here to get away from her and away from it all - she was the one who wanted to see him and set something up. Kikyo was the one who revealed that whatever they once had she didn't want it to die and be over.

So what was that all about? The way Inuyasha looked at her...

Lies obviously... Kikyo agreed.

"You bastard," Kikyo wiped a tear that fell from her eye suddenly as she was in the middle of passing Ray's pizza shop.

 

~*^*~

Sesshomaru was sitting down waiting for Kouga. Lucky for him, Kouga phoned him letting him know he'd be a bit late so they extended the time. Sesshomaru was taken away from his daze when he saw the woman who looked very much like Kagome. No, it couldn't have been her...

Was it?

Sesshomaru got up and walked outside of the pizza shop. Keeping a good distance away he began to follow her, which was something he didn't do, but she looked so sad and so much like his Kagome...

He felt that it was almost his duty to see what the matter was.

Unlike Kagome, the girl seemed more confident and willing to show off her figure which was very appealing; even so, Kagome could still hold a finger.

That girl, Sesshomaru thought as he quickened his pace.

The girl stopped and she seemed to have stopped someone who just walked by her - was she asking for directions?

The individual that she stopped didn't seem to be much help to her, and began to walk away. It was a good enough opening for Sesshomaru not to seem too much as if he was trying to pick up a date.

"You're lost," Sesshomaru said from behind her. "Can I help you?"

Kikyo stopped and turned around slowly, her eyes were a bit puffy - sort of like it was on its way back to looking normal soon after a recent cry. She did look alarmed by Sesshomaru's appearance - Inuyasha and he shared some physical similarities.

She looks as though she's seen me before...no, Sesshomaru got rid of the idea. That can't be it. She's Japanese; perhaps she doesn't know how to speak any English...

Sesshomaru repeated his question in Japanese.

Kikyo smiled briefly, "I understood you the first time."

Sesshomaru nodded his understanding.

"Forgive me," Kikyo continued. "I am not myself and I do wish to get to where I'm going if I may..."

"My friend will be arriving shortly," Sesshomaru interrupted her trail of words. "He can give you a lift."

"Not to Japan I don't think," Kikyo laughed shortly, but even though she laughed, that residue of sadness still seized her. "What am I saying? I'm not finished my work. I can't go back."

She's being random, Sesshomaru realized.

"Would you like to wait?" Sesshomaru wasn't one to sit through anyone's random talking. He was always a man who got to the point.

"Sure," Kikyo put her fingers through her hair and held her chin up. At least she tried to get some of her bearing back. "I'd appreciate it. I would be most thankful for your good hospitality."

"Here," Sesshomaru nodded towards the pizza shop. "I'm going to meet him there. Would you prefer waiting inside or out?"

"Inside," Kikyo smiled briefly. "I'll wait inside with you."

Sesshomaru and Kikyo walked silently to the pizza shop. They didn't know each other and it was certainly clear Kikyo wasn't in an automatic mood to go sprouting her business freely. To Sesshomaru's surprise, she seemed to have been recovering pretty quickly for as they sat at a table in the shop her eyes didn't seem as puffy.

Sesshomaru glanced at his watch.

Thirty-minutes, he thought. Not such a bad time to wait. It's better to wait now because it's already starting to get a bit dark out. The nighttime is no good time for a beautiful woman to be lost and roaming. New York is not like Japan...

"Can I get you some coffee?" Sesshomaru turned his eyes to the store clerk. "It's good here I assure you."

"No, I have money - thanks," Kikyo smiled. "I'm really not in the mood to have anything. I don't have an appetite, much."

Sesshomaru stood quiet. His golden eyes leveled on the table.

"You don't want to know my name?" Kikyo asked after a long pause. "We didn't properly-"

"Sesshomaru," Sesshomaru answered quickly.

Kikyo's eyes widened as she said softly, "Everything about you seems familiar even your name. I'm Kikyo."

They didn't reach for each others hand to shake, maybe in a sense that was rude - the similarities and the name and the faces almost seemed too...

Unusual to be understood...

Kikyo, I heard of that name...it escapes me at the moment...seems so familiar, Sesshomaru knew himself.

"You look like someone I know," Kikyo said finally after breaking another trail of silence. "He has golden eyes like yours and his hair is long like yours as well."

Inuyasha... Sesshomaru realized. This woman must have some relation to him. After my encounter with Kagome and the fact that she had some socialization with my brother - I won't doubt any other happenings where I would meet someone with a connection to him.

"What was his name," Sesshomaru asked. His question was more of a verification of his assumption.

"That's not important," Kikyo turned her dark eyes to the window. "Night already isn't it?"

Damn it...even though she didn't say - I know.

"What - oh yes," Sesshomaru glanced at the window as well. "The time to venture out in the city is now."

"Take me," Kikyo was sudden.

What? Sesshomaru knew what she meant, but was a bit shocked by her forwardness as well as the fact that she was in front of a familiar stranger.

"You know," Sesshomaru began.

"I just want to take my mind off of what I'm thinking about," Kikyo looked back into Sesshomaru's golden eyes. "I just want to get a vision of what you mean. I've never been. Please..."

Sesshomaru frowned when she said `please' for at that point she seemed a bit desperate.

Maybe we all get that way at some time or another...

"You seem as though you're trying to runaway," Sesshomaru pointed out. "Is that the case? If that's so - I can't be of any assistance to you. I don't condone anyone trying to runaway from a problem. Especially if the problem is affecting them as much as it's affecting you."

"I said I've never been," Kikyo corrected as she flashed her flirtatious grin. "Can you associate that with a problem?"

"So my friend can take you when he arrives."

"No," Kikyo said quickly, "I want it to be you. I like your face... This evening will be one time and one time only. I just feel better all of a sudden - by you being here. It's strange I know."

I can't take her up on her offer. Kagome is expecting me. I didn't tell her I would be gone. However, this girl...

"Tell me what's wrong, a man is involved," Sesshomaru even though he had left that subject, he still wanted to come back to it to be sure. Her name and her face was too familiar - too much to let slide. He was never the kind of guy who did something without thinking. It wasn't his nature. "Let me find out - really, if you're trying to hold on to something or not."

Kikyo leaned back in her chair and snorted.

She's used to getting her way, Sesshomaru realized.

Kikyo held his gaze with her own eyes and shrugged.

"Are you going to speak?" Sesshomaru asked.

"On second thought maybe I should wait for the ride," Kikyo said dryly. "I'm not the one to be advertising my business all around town. As familiar as you are, you are a stranger."

"You know my name and I know yours," Sesshomaru smiled feeling a sudden rush of victory. "We aren't strangers."

"So you want to get to know me," Kikyo wet her lips with her tongue. "What do you have in mind?"

"I have a girlfriend."

"It's alright," Kikyo shrugged. "I don't want to marry you."

"Don't degrade yourself."

"Don't act like my daddy," Kikyo crossed her legs and sat up straight. "I been out there honey. I'm a long way from some mindless schoolgirl. I know the ropes, ain't no virgin, and I don't wear my heart on my wrist."

Sesshomaru stood shut.

"The big apple," Kikyo went on as she glanced out the window again. "There's so much stuff to do and I'm so bored. Inuyasha, I almost feel sorry I ever thought there was something happening between us."

Sesshomaru smiled.

Inuyasha...I was right.

 

 

 

Chapter 29: Final Chapter 2

 

"I'm home!" Kagome and Sango came into the house...it was quiet, surprisingly. "Sesshomaru-sama!"

"Be quiet," Sango snapped as she shut the door behind her. "Why are you so loud? If someone was here - I'm sure they would've said something by now."

"Oh," Kagome frowned as she placed her bag down on the sofa. "I guess you're right."

"Hello there, Sango-san," Miroku came out the bedroom - fully dressed for a person who recently got shot in the hand...seemingly too chipper. "How was your day?"

Despite herself, Sango smiled. It was obvious that she adored Miroku's light-heartedness. That was quite rare to find in a guy, Naraku never had that trait.

Kagome glanced at the two of them looking at each other.

Well, Kagome thought. Isn't this nice? Two singles, both dressed and able and a girl like me well involved and...

Kagome frowned.

No boyfriend in sight...

Sango turned away and walked into the kitchen, "I'm thirsty."

"I'll help you with that," Miroku ran into the kitchen before her.

He's trying really hard, Kagome smiled. I hope things work out between them. They seem to like each other and they're both open when it comes to sex so...

Kagome ignored them and walked upstairs to Sesshomaru's bedroom. When she got there she noticed that everything was neat and clean.

"He's good in bed, handsome, intelligent, successful," Kagome shook her head, "so his only flaw should be that he's a neat freak. Well, that should be an added bonus. I guess when we're married...I know who'll be cooking and cleaning."

Kagome kicked off her shoes and stretched. She did have a long day, and probably would've gotten home sooner if Sango didn't want to go for a walk - a long walk. Kagome didn't see it too much as a bad thing being as though she didn't recall exercising in a while - though considering sex can count for a total body workout.

"I'm a little tired, but I don't want to go to sleep," Kagome jumped in the bed and grabbed one of Sesshomaru's pillows, holding it to her chest her cheeks reddened. "Sesshomaru...where are you?"

Kagome began to laugh like a school girl when she thought of him falling on the floor during sex because he slipped on the salt.

"Guess a stud can't always be perfect," Kagome turned over and her eyes met with the balcony - a full moon in the sky. "That's so beautiful."

Kagome got off the bed and walked to the balcony, while opening both doors she felt a rush of cold wind hit her immediately.

"Damn, what am I thinking," Kagome shivered a bit, but she still walked out to the balcony, wrapped her arms around her chest to hold on to some warmth, while the wind caused her hair to dance over her shoulders. "It's not so bad. It's not that cold. Oh, how that moon looks so gorgeous..."

An image of Sesshomaru standing next her entered her mind and she smiled to herself momentarily.

"I wonder if we were meant to be together," Kagome's smile left her when she remembered how she so willingly joined the arms of a stranger at the club she went to a few days back. Sesshomaru had been so mysterious with his mask and his strong arms, swaying her from left to right - approaching her as if he were a prince who picked his bride from a wide selection of beautiful women.

I picked him, Kagome corrected. I could've turned him away at any moment, and there were times where I was pretty sure that I wanted to, but didn't. My body loved the feel of his touch beyond moral, beyond...what I ever thought. I have no regrets. I love him.

Kagome walked away from the balcony and shut the door; her hair was a bit wild as if she were some kind of temptress.

To think, Kagome smiled again as she got under the covers of the bed, that me and Sesshomaru only made love once. That's going to change...BELIEVE ME.

 

~*^*~

 

Miroku placed the glass down and moaned as he poured the juice in it with his wounded hand - it came out sloppy.

"You know," Sango took the juice from him and grabbed a cloth from the sink to wipe down the table. "You really should avoid using that hand for a while."

Miroku grimaced as he sat down at the table with her.

I hope he doesn't get pissed that I said that, Sango thought. I don't want to offend him. I seriously mean well.

"You better stop or I might think you care about me," Miroku winked at her. "You don't want me to think that now would you?"

"Well," Sango said as she leaned over the table wiping it. "There's a lot of things you think about that I can't help, right? So what's the use in-"

Miroku made a face overwhelmed by shear pleasure; he had placed his hand on her backside without warning or invitation.

"Hey!" Sango threw the cloth down and slapped him. "Look, you obviously don't care about your future if you would do something that stupid."

"Oh," Miroku placed a hand on his slapped face. "It was worth the pain..."

Sango, despite herself fought the urge to laugh...instead she said, "Ok I'm not thirsty anymore. I'm going to see what Kagome is doing-"

"Gomenasai! Gomenasai!" Miroku apologized. "I lost the fight."

"WHAT are you talking about?" Sango raised an eyebrow.

Miroku looked up at her with puppy-dog eyes saying sweetly, "The fight to resist you..."

"Ok that did it," Sango walked out the kitchen, "Kagome!"

"Wait, wait, wait," Miroku was right on her tale. "Kagome's probably waiting for Sesshomaru to get back..."

"Of course so..." Sango paused when it finally hit her.

I see... Sango thought.

Miroku continued, "Inuyasha's out with Kikyo...Sesshomaru's, well I don't know where that person went. He spoke to himself and left. Only people left are me and you."

Sango gave him a probing glare.

Miroku held up his hands in defeat, "Ok I give up. I'll go watch some TV, and you can do whatever. I wasn't going to say anything you might be interested in so let me shut up."

It's hopeless, but he's right, Sango agreed. I know when Sesshomaru comes back Kagome and he is going to request some quiet time together. I don't want to be bored somewhere with nothing to do and since Miroku is alone as well...

"What do you have in mind?" Sango grimaced. "You have three strikes. In this case, three suggestions - if I don't agree with any one of them, we go our separate ways."

"Fair enough," Miroku nodded, "I have three, right?"

Sango nodded in agreement.

A smile suddenly grew on Miroku's lip as he said slowly, "Ok. I'll save the best for last."

Why do I get the feeling the last is going to be even more perverted than the first two suggestions?

"Let's go to the city and figure out what we'll do from there," Miroku seemed sincere.

Ok, ok, Sango was still skeptic. Not too bad...

"Go on," Sango said shortly.

"Well, the first suggestion was a bit general," Miroku admitted. "The second; maybe have dinner go walking so that we can get to know each other."

"The second seems too romantic."

"Ah, you see," Miroku held up a finger. "That's why you're wrong. The second isn't anything like the third."

Here we go...

"So, what's the third?" Sango raised an eyebrow.

"Back breaking sex with me using all the tricks I learned in porno," Miroku said it super fast.

Too fast that Sango had to ask, "What?"

"Ok, two it is, let's go," Miroku looped his arm over hers and swayed her along with him to the door.

"Hey I didn't agree!"

"Number three was something you wouldn't agree with," Miroku said as he started unlocking the door, "Number one was something you would agree to if you didn't mind standing in the cold thinking of what you're going to do in the crowded streets - so two is the best."

"Ok," Sango saw Miroku hold the door for her. "Shouldn't we do what number one should've been in the first place?"

Miroku stared at her blankly.

"Get our coats you idiot," Sango shook her head, giving up. "The evening is going to be SO long."

Miroku ran in his room, grabbed a leather jacket he found randomly and darted back out again, "Tah-dah!"

Sango giggled as he put on the jacket rather quickly.

"You must really want to go out with me," Sango said through her bursts.

"Well," Miroku gave out his arm so that Sango can loop hers over his. "I can't think of anyone else I would rather."

Sango blushed.

Miroku isn't a bad character at all. A pervert indeed, but I guess we all have our weakness.

While in the hallway now, Miroku turned around and locked the door. It was Sango who saved them sometime when she pressed the elevator-signal while waiting. Miroku seemed charmingly giddy the way he smiled, making their arms loop together as it did previously.

When the elevator came, they were the only two inside, and a smile could be found on each one of their faces. A smile that was genuine without any sexual implication behind it or at least on her end.

It wasn't much of a discovery, but it was nice to know even outside of Sango's little erotic world...

There was something besides sex to look forward too, and it wasn't lame. It was rather...

Nice.

 

~*^*~

 

I don't want to go back home, Inuyasha thought. I mean, Sesshomaru's house. I should, I'm not getting anywhere like this...

Inuyasha was sitting in a cafe, his hair flowing over his shoulders sitting in a dim booth with a half-way-finished mug of French Vanilla in front of him.

Love is so complicated and stupid...

Inuyasha suddenly looked up and met the eyes of the waitress standing over him.

"Want me to give you a refill?" She smiled warmly down at him.

"Nah, I think I'm in the mood to try something else," Inuyasha said dryly.

The waitress nodded as she put the mug on her tray, she turned around, but stopped - turning around again she said, "You know, you have a very beautiful face. Don't waste it frowning."

Inuyasha smiled to humor the waitress at least to carry on with her business.

If her world was as fucked up as mine is right now - she would be guzzling a nice big glass of I don't know what!

Inuyasha leaned back in his seat and shut his eyes, the lights being dim was the perfect addition to how he felt; a dim world, a dim romance - rather unsure and maybe even unlikely romance between him and who else?

The difference a day makes is extraordinary, Inuyasha opened his eyes and thought. You survive a scene where you're about to be gunned down by a man you never saw in your life and for a woman to whom doesn't even know your last name. Then ya meet the girl that was the main cause of the end of a two year long relationship - a girl that was the center of your world now the center of your older brother's. Maybe even worst of all - the girl to, which you never expected something might be there between the two of you - you're wrong about! She leaves and you're binge-drinking in a cafe. Well, caffeine binging is more like it.

"Here I made you a smoothie," The waitress placed the drink down. "Enjoy it, ok?"

Inuyasha nodded.

I can't enjoy this. This isn't what I want. I need something stronger than this. I want something stronger than this, but by the same token drinking something alcoholic will only bring out more emotions that I don't even need.

Inuyasha glanced at his drink a grimaced. It was a smoothie - white - looking more like a watered down vanilla milkshake.

"Ah well," Inuyasha threw the straw out and began the process of bringing it to his lips. "It can't get any worse than this can it?"

The cold drink froze his front teeth and he brought the drink back down quickly.

Oh well, I spoke too soon...

Inuyasha picked up a napkin from off the table and wiped some of the residue off his lips.

Alright, I'm out of here...

Inuyasha whistled for the waitress and she came, "How much will that be?"

"Ok," On a note pad she quickly did the calculation. "That'll be twenty-five dollars."

"What?!" Inuyasha was a bit alarmed. "Just how much are these drinks anyway?"

The waitress shrugged, "Sorry, I don't make the prices."

"Really?" Inuyasha said rudely as he tossed three tens from his wallet onto the table. "It's a good thing you don't decide the amount of the tips either."

The waitress picked up the money and watched Inuyasha leave, "Jeez, what an ass hole."

Outside, it was a bit nippy, maybe even more so because of the cold drink he hand recently. Wisely enough, he closed his jacket and began walking down the street aimlessly.

"The world is too small for idiots," Inuyasha said as he ducked his head into his collar to protect some of his face from the windy night. "I feel I've made myself one over and over and over again."

He stopped and waited for the light to change before he crossed the street.

Maybe I was meant to be alone, Inuyasha considered. Maybe, since I have so much bad luck with women that it's only natural that my fate of being solitary for life has been decided. I am not even referring to Kagome anymore - that's the funny thing. I wallowed too long about that girl and I don't even feel as though it was worth it. I will always love that girl, but not the way I used to. Heh, especially not after she did what I think she did with my brother.

Inuyasha made a facial expression overwhelmed by nausea.

Yep, Kagome has been tainted by the beast.

The light changed and Inuyasha began to walk again.

Where the hell am I going? It's cold out here. Jacket's like these weren't made to help you look anyway but cool. I'm paying the piper. Oh and here's another sudden realization - I'm lost. I wandered too far. I thought I was getting the hang of this neighborhood, but shit - no! Maybe things would look better if it was light out. Yes, things will look better then. The night was never a good time for anyone to enjoy themselves. Well, at least not for me.

Inuyasha looked at a sign and read: West 39th street.

Well, I could probably put two and two together and tread back by following the signs. I am not ready yet - I need a drink. I don't care if it opens doors to any of my hidden emotions. 42nd street - I can walk some more to get there. I hear there are bars and nice girly places. Maybe I can get myself a nice show.

Inuyasha smiled.

Yea that's it! I need a girl who doesn't give a shit about anything. I need a girl who's out for the moment. I want a nice moment and nice a year for a life of headache and pain. Just a break - drink booze and a nice momentary girl to keep me warm until morning. I think that would be nice.

Inuyasha was already on West 40th street now.

That should be real nice...and I'm almost there. I want me a nice moment girl. Fuck Kikyo and any girl who I thought - what do I know anyway? Thinking never helped me out none.

 

~*^*~

 

"Oh shit sorry," Kouga came into the pizzeria and saw Sesshomaru sitting at a table with a girl, "Hey Kagome - eh, no - not Kagome."

Kikyo turned around with an evil glare, "What did you call me?"

"Ok," Kouga looked at Sesshomaru dismayed. "That's definitely not Kagome."

"Don't tell me you know that sweet bitch too," Kikyo suddenly got up. "I think this wait was wasted. I'm taking a cab."

Sweet bitch, Sesshomaru was bothered by that statement.

"Wait," Sesshomaru got up as well. "Let us keep our word to you."

"Us," Kouga blinked as he looked at Kikyo again.

"Look," Kikyo was rude. "I've decided I don't want you near me; you or your lover. I'm going to take a cab. This day was wasted anyway. I shouldn't have stayed here as long as I have-"

"Lover," Kouga was defensive. "I'm not gay."

"Would you like to see Inuyasha again?" Sesshomaru was forward ignoring Kouga and her suggestion. He had to, Kikyo was making her way to the door already and it was almost a sure way to get her attention.

It worked.

"Excuse me," Kikyo turned around, "You know Inuyasha..."

"He's my brother," Sesshomaru answered. "My younger brother and Kagome is my girlfriend."

Kouga's eyes turned from Sesshomaru's direction to Kikyo's.

"Ok I'm totally confused," Kouga said finally.

"Me too," Kikyo responded as she suddenly began to walk slowly towards Sesshomaru on the verge of yelling, "What's the meaning of this?"

"Should there be a meaning?" Sesshomaru asked, while being as calm as ever.

"Do you and Inuyasha trade women all of a sudden?" Kikyo glared at him as she stopped walking. "Whenever he decides things aren't working out with one, you go after that one to see if you can do any better?"

That's ridiculous...

"You're entirely off," Sesshomaru pointed out. "Don't pretend you know anything here. If you want someone to believe you're a woman who can handle herself - cut the assumptions and act like you want to know the truth."

"I don't care," Kikyo turned around and walked towards the door. "This doesn't concern me."

Kouga watched her go and suddenly saw Sesshomaru fly passed him to go after her.

"Oh shit," Kouga gasped as he followed.

No one walks away from me, while I'm talking to them.

Sesshomaru caught up with Kikyo to where they were beside one another, Kouga was a good distance behind.

"You again," Kikyo didn't turn her face to look at him.

"I don't know what went on between you and my brother," Sesshomaru came out flat. "However, I'm not him and I'll finish what I have to say to anyone and you're no different."

"Spare me," Kikyo commented dryly.

This seems to be the only woman who can piss me off...how amusing...

Sesshomaru smiled as he walked just a little ahead to stretch out his foot slightly in front of Kikyo.

"Oh boy," Kouga said when he noticed.

Kikyo let out a yelp before she tripped right over his foot and fell to the floor.

High-heels might as well be kryptonite in a situation where it calls for someone to keep their balance, Sesshomaru smiled.

Kikyo looked around her and looked up at Sesshomaru - trying to come to terms in her own way of what just happened.

"Did you just trip me?" Kikyo asked bewilderedly, while sitting up.

"No," Sesshomaru responded.

"Oh please," Kouga said from the back. "I saw your foot."

"You did!" Kikyo's eyes widened, "You ass hole!"

Sesshomaru gave out his hand, "Inuyasha is a fool, a fool, but family. Anything you're going through concerning him concerns me-"

"You tripped me!" Kikyo reprimanded. "What kind of person trips people?"

"We'll never know," Kouga mumbled.

"Well..." Sesshomaru brought his hand closer to her.

Kikyo rolled her eyes and allowed him to help her get up from off the hard, cold concrete.

Heh, Sesshomaru hid his urge to smirk. Though this Kikyo has some similar physical traits of Kagome - they're nothing alike. That's for certain.

"My car is parked back that way," Kouga used his elbow to point to it. "So, but we don't need to drive to your house - just saying..."

Kikyo was in a daze, Sesshomaru's eyes never left her.

"We ARE going back to your place right," Kouga continued.

Kikyo suddenly shook her head, "No, absolutely not. I'm not going. I - I don't want to. It would be pointless. It wouldn't make any sense - there's nothing between us."

Kikyo turned around to begin another attempt to walk away.

"I'll trip you," Sesshomaru warned.

Kikyo stopped and turned around, "You've got to be kidding me!"

"You're strong right?" Sesshomaru began. "Whatever you feel - maybe you should tell him to his face."

"It wouldn't change anything," Kikyo snapped. "He loves, Kagome. He has always loved that woman. There was never a me and Inuyasha, Sesshomaru. Don't suggest I make a fool of myself."

Kikyo tried to walk again, but Sesshomaru grabbed her arm.

Kikyo, without turning to face him, "You don't get it, do you?"

"It's over, Kikyo," Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes on hers as she finally turned around. "There won't be a Kagome and Inuyasha anymore. If you have any love in your heart you ought to tell Inuyasha how you're feeling. You'd have to be the one because he's too stupid."

Kouga laughed in the background despite himself.

Kikyo's eyes were glassy now, "You don't know if they'll get back together. They were deep-"

"I'm going to make Kagome my fiancée," was Sesshomaru's answer.

Both Kikyo and Kouga's eyes widened at the same time.

Heh, this seems to be the only thing I can think of to make this poor girl understand what I'm saying. If it works...so be it... This isn't exactly a lie. Someday soon I hope Kagome and I could -

"But," Kouga looked dismayed and was about to continue, but Sesshomaru suddenly looked at him and there he knew and nodded.

For Kikyo's sake and for whatever possible chance there was left for Inuyasha to find love in anybody...

"It's that deep?" Kikyo asked softly.

Sesshomaru nodded.

"Too deep," Kouga mumbled.

Sesshomaru glanced at Kouga and Kouga only shrugged his shoulder in response.

Well, Sesshomaru realized. Lucky for me, Kouga catches on fast. Had it been anyone else - I seriously don't know. I'll leave it that way.

"Come on, Kikyo," Kouga put his arm around her shoulder and encouraged her to walk along in the direction of Sesshomaru's apartment. "That's your name right? Walk with us, talk with us - we know all about love. Tell us your story and leave nothing out - throw out the garbage."

Sesshomaru followed behind them and listened carefully.

"Well..." Kikyo started.

 

~*^*~

By the time they had reached the house...Sesshomaru and Kouga both knew in detail what went on.

"Wow," Kouga said after a long pause. "That guy is a loser."

"You shouldn't have run away," Sesshomaru said as he put his key into the main entrance door and waited for the elevator once he opened it. "You could've taken control of the whole situation without him even knowing."

Kikyo stood quiet and looked away.

Sesshomaru moved to press the signal to the elevator when Kouga suddenly grabbed his wrist.

What? Sesshomaru turned his eyes to him.

"I think one of us better go up there and see if Kagome's there," Kouga said.

"What?" Kikyo snapped. "I'm not here for her!"

Though that is true, Kouga is not out of line, Sesshomaru knew.

"Look," Kouga tried to explain. "We all know why we're here right now - correct? We don't want our purpose to sway to something else. For instance, like Kagome's going to be pissed if you bring the woman who ended her relationship with Inuyasha to the house."

"But I'll tell her why," Sesshomaru answered.

"Oh come on!" Kouga almost snapped. "How would you get a chance too? With all the bickering going on - I doubt you'll even get a fart out-"

"Don't be repulsive - I understand," Sesshomaru turned to a very furious Kikyo.

Heh, interesting...

"I don't give a shit about Kagome," Kikyo was quite clear. "I've been walking on eggshells long enough for that girl when Inuyasha and I had our secret meetings to discuss our propositions. That's well over. We are both women, she can suck it up-"

"You're not being logical," Kouga interrupted.

"You know," Kikyo wrapped her arms around her chest suddenly. "I'm beginning to think you don't know anything about love like you claimed a while back. Do you even have a girlfriend?"

Kouga scratched the back of his head, "Well, I..."

Sesshomaru laughed shortly, "That's not important."

"It's a simple question," Kikyo snapped.

"He wanted Kagome too at one time," Sesshomaru answered with a smile.

"Why did you tell her that?" Kouga glared at Sesshomaru as the elevator door opened, all the while Sesshomaru continued to smile.

"What does everyone see in her!" Kikyo yelled despite herself. "I don't understand it. I'll never understand it. Maybe it's the fact that she plays all innocent all of the time."

"Maybe you should see her again," Sesshomaru was very proud of Kagome and at the moment was halfway interesting in seeing their reunion when he said, while nodding his head towards the elevator, "We won't stop you."

"Ok fine," Kikyo moved for the elevator. "Bring me a barf bag please."

"Alright, alright, alright," Kouga jumped in front of Kikyo before she could enter the elevator and pressed `door close'. "I'll see if he's up there."

"Hey, no - wait!" Kikyo was too late, the door closed. "What the hell!"

Sesshomaru laughed at her semi-tantrum.

Kikyo then aimlessly paced back and forth, stomped her foot down and said, "Ok, what floor is it? I'll walk."

"You'll never make it," Sesshomaru warned.

"I work out!"

"Heh, I am way high up," Sesshomaru walked to the exit door to stand outside. "We can wait."

Kikyo let out a breath and followed, "This whole thing is pissing me off."

 

~*^*~

 

Inuyasha was on his way back.

Drunk as a skunk...

He didn't succeed in finding a momentary girl like he originally planned, but he found some interesting American drinks that put him on a hopefully momentary moment of blabbering and wooziness.

I feel like singing, Inuyasha thought. I want to sing for the every New Yorker. I want to sound wonderful...what song should it be...what song I should consider?

Inuyasha was already on West 29th street when the song had entered his mind.

I have to sing something American, Inuyasha knew, so that all my American people can understand me and praise me.

"You and me baby ain't nothing, but mammals," Inuyasha yelled. "So let's do it like they do on the discovery channel!"

Inuyasha was a wide disturbance. On the way back to his brother's apartment he was laughed at and cursed at for his bad idea of singing for one of the well-known rudest state in the whole United States.

"Shut the fuck up loser!"

"You CANNOT sing."

"That guy is wasted."

"Please, for the love of god would you just SHUT UP!"

People said even worse things as Inuyasha came closer to his brother's place. He even moved to another well-known American song.

"These chicks don't even know the name of my band!" Inuyasha yelled. "But they're all on me like they wanna' hold hands!"

"Please stop!" Someone cried.

 

~*^*~

 

Kouga came out the building and found Kikyo and Sesshomaru standing outside.

Kikyo was the first one to notice him as she asked, "Well, is he there?"

"No one answered," Kouga shrugged. "Maybe they're asleep."

"I don't think so," Kikyo frowned.

"Yea," Sesshomaru grimaced when he heard yelling.

"Ugh," Kouga made a face, "Do you guys hear that? Either that person is dead drunk or preparing to be insulted by Simon on American idol."

"Idol," Kikyo was confused.

"A bad American show we're people get humiliated," Kouga shook his head. "Just forget what I said."

"My baby don't mess around because she -" Inuyasha yelled as he came up from the corner.

Sesshomaru laughed.

What an idiot, Sesshomaru thought.

"Inuyasha," Kikyo looked at him, overwhelmed with disgust. "You're drunk."

Inuyasha narrowed his eyes as if trying to make sight of whatever he was seeing and yelled, "Kikyo!"

"Be quiet ass hole," Kouga hissed. "You want to wake up the whole damn neighborhood."

Inuyasha ignored him and went straight to Kikyo.

Sesshomaru nudged Kouga's arm, "Let's leave them be and have a drink ourselves."

"I can't," Kouga said. "I'm driving."

"So don't," Sesshomaru walked towards the door. "I'm not the least bit tired."

"I guess I could crash at your place," Kouga followed him. "Well, I don't plan on getting drunk the way Inuyasha is."

That, I understand.... Sesshomaru agreed.

~*^*~

 

Kikyo stared at Inuyasha.

I can't even respect this conversation, she thought. He's drunk out his mind and he probably can't understand a word I'm saying for that matter.

"Kikyo," Inuyasha said lowly. "You're so beautiful tonight."

"Alright I'm going home now," Kikyo turned away but Inuyasha grabbed her arm. "What is it? I can't respect this conversation! You are way drunk!"

"I'm drunk?" Inuyasha genuinely answered as if he had no idea what she meant - meaning he was VERY drunk. "Look, never mind that. Could you listen to me please?"

Kikyo rolled her eyes, but nodded, "Fine."

"I have to tell you how I feel," Inuyasha suddenly shook head as if to rid himself of any doubts. "We've been through so much. There was nothing I felt I could keep from you or should keep from you as far as secrets were concerned. You were always some kind of woman. I knew that before and after Kagome. Maybe the old me, the way I acted towards you was because I didn't want to accept that there might be something between us; something that I wasn't man enough to step up to because you were too much woman for me to ever claim as my own."

Kikyo's eyes widened as she met his.

"I love Kagome, I really do," Inuyasha looked away from her. "Maybe now since we're not together I can really see why you and I never were - and it's all because of me."

"Inuyasha," Kikyo frowned. "I just wanted to see you when you left. I wanted us to stay in contact with each other. I never - and I don't want to get involved with you because your heart was with someone else...I..."

They held each other under the moonlight all of sudden. It was something that neither one of them predicted, something that could happen only in the moment that they were in. No fighting, no differences, no promises - just them for now.

"Kikyo..." Inuyasha began.

"Yes, Inuyasha."

"I'm sorry I ran away," Inuyasha kissed her forehead.

"Me too..."

 

~*^*~

 

Sesshomaru and Kouga sat at the kitchen table playing a game of cards. Sesshomaru had previously poured into each of their glasses a corner of scotch. It was never good to fill it up to the top right away.

They both threw down identical cards suddenly.

"Oh, not again," Kouga pleaded.

"Ready?" Sesshomaru smiled deviously as he took his deck and counted it down, "I-de-clare-war!"

Sesshomaru flipped the last card over and it was an ace of clubs, Kouga followed leading him to a Joker.

"You won my deck," Sesshomaru handed it over without fuss. "It would be best to say you won the game. Best three out of three."

Kouga scoffed and pushed the cards away from him; he then leaned back in his chair and frowned.

Sesshomaru winced.

I hope there's no more love triangles, Sesshomaru thought. I just semi-helped an idiot have a chance. No one...I pray to the gods.

Sango and Miroku came through the door laughing, Kouga turned his eyes to them and his frown seemed to have strengthened.

"Oh wow, I had a good time," Sango glanced in the kitchen and saw who occupied it. "Kouga - HEY!"

"Hi," Kouga said dryly.

Sango kissed him on the cheek and sat next to him at the table, her eyes marveled over the cards.

"You want to join in?" Sesshomaru asked.

"I will if you do," Miroku said to Sango.

"Ha, your funeral," Sango rudely gathered up the cards. "I'll shuffle them."

"Oh, you're so demanding," Miroku winked at her.

"Ain't I?" Sango said sarcastically as she started dealing them out.

 

~*^*~

 

Kagome woke up from the laughter down stairs.

Oh, come on! Kagome thought. How rude could these people be...?

Then it dawned on her...

Sesshomaru - he must be back!

Without hesitance Kagome combed her hair with her fingers and rushed out the bedroom.

"Sesshomaru," Kagome came down stairs and their eyes met as soon as she reached the kitchen. "Hey!"

Sesshomaru got up, and the moment he did Kagome jumped into his arms and greeted him with a kiss.

"Oh come on," Miroku looked at them briefly from his deck. "You've got a game to lose buddy."

"Don't be jealous. Worry about your own deck," Sango scolded.

Miroku realized he tried to sneak a peak at Sesshomaru deck and laughed shyly having been discovered.

Kagome pulled away, "I waited for you all day you know. It's not nice going out and not telling me where you've been."

Sesshomaru smiled briefly, and held Kagome tighter - leaning down, he whispered in her ear, "Did you miss me that much?"

"I can show you how much," Kagome whispered back.

"That would have to wait," Sesshomaru kissed her neck. "You can get loud, wouldn't want people to know that, would you?"

"I don't care," Kagome grimaced when there was a knock at the door.

I don't believe this... Kagome thought.

"I'll get that," Sesshomaru detached himself from Kagome's embrace and opened the door.

Inuyasha and Kikyo were both in the doorway.

"Hi," Inuyasha seemed to have sobered up a little bit.

Kikyo waved, "Hello again."

"Would you like to come in," Sesshomaru stepped aside so that they were able to enter. As soon as he did, they were both in view for Kagome to see clearly.

What the hell? Kagome's eyes widened.

Sesshomaru quickly wrapped his arm around Kagome's waist and brought her close to him.

What is she doing here? Kagome still couldn't forget about Kikyo's presence as quickly - her eyes were glued to her.

"Kagome," Sesshomaru said aloud. "I'm standing right next to you."

Kagome suddenly turned and saw Sesshomaru's golden eyes looking down into her dark ones.

"You have me," Sesshomaru smiled a smile that sparked every loving cord in her body. "Would you like it to be now?"

Kagome's face reddened and it was then that Kikyo - her presence, seemed to have been as far away as the earth from the sun.

"Ok," Kouga slammed down the cards. "I can't take it anymore."

All eyes turned to him all of a sudden.

Kikyo whispered in Inuyasha's ear, "What's his problem?"

Inuyasha shrugged.

Sesshomaru looked at Kouga momentary - confused himself.

"Kouga," Kagome began. "What is it?"

"I'm the only guy in this room without a date," Kouga gestured his hand around the confused faces. "A room full of people with a bunch of problems that seem to do nothing, but resurface. I feel as though I have no place being here. I feel like the character who comes and goes with no purpose at all. I mean, what is my purpose in this entire situation?"

Sesshomaru looked away and so did Inuyasha to chuckle.

The room fell silent.

"Well," Kouga urged. "What was I doing here the whole time? It's like I'm a waste to the whole picture. I feel like the cartoon character that's there, but no one knows why he's there because he adds no significance to the tale."

"Ok," Miroku looked at Sango and then back at Kouga. "Maybe your purpose is to join the card game again and lose."

They all laughed, and Kouga looked heavenward.

No, Kagome thought. He has a purpose.

"You have a purpose Kouga," Kagome said through the dying down laughter. "You're Kouga. How could you not have a purpose?"

"Ok," Kouga sat back down, "When you actually have a purpose to tell me, let me know. For now I want to beat a couple of lovebirds in this game."

"I'm in," Inuyasha took Sesshomaru's chair. "I haven't played in a while."

"Well," Kikyo snapped. "How could you join a card game so freely? What happens to me?"

"I think you become, Kouga," Sango remarked and more laughter followed.

"Yea, yea," Kouga took the deck of cards, "My turn to deal."

Kikyo and Kagome eyes suddenly met, and despite themselves they smiled at each other.

"Nice to see you Kagome-sama," Kikyo said finally.

"Yes," Kagome said slowly, "Nice to see you too."

Lie...but I'll be polite, Kagome knew.

"Kagome," Sesshomaru whispered in her ear. "I need you."

"Excuse me," Kagome told Kikyo as she allowed Sesshomaru to lead her upstairs.

Now, here we are, Kagome thought as she and Sesshomaru stared into each other eyes as they went. About to be together in his bed finally!

Sango looked up from the cards Kouga dealt to her and turned to Kikyo, "You're name sounds familiar..."

"Leave it alone," Kouga, Inuyasha, and Miroku said at the same time.

Kikyo only whistled.

"Well," Sango leaned back in her seat. "Excuse the hell out of me..." a pause came then a realization, "Hey! Miroku and I aren't together."

"Heh," Miroku threw down his card, ace of clubs, "Not yet baby."

 

 

 

Author's Note: I know I said this would be the last three, but because of time not being on my side - I figured it would be better if this be the last two chapters before the extremely good hentai fest. I know there are some of you out there who wanted to let this story be over and done with. I just wanted everything cleared up out the way so that the last scene between Kagome and Sesshomaru can go out in fireworks. I would like a review, but the fact that you all took the time out to read this thus far - is fine as well. I do hope you enjoy. I checked for errors so that...it wouldn't take anyone away from the story.