InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome Video ❯ Pay Day ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Yes, I know I haven't written in well*think*..um.. a really long time. Gah! Ducks as she sent evil glares. Thank you to those who continued to read. And here's the next chapter...with a little extra fluff whipped in.


Kagome Video - Ch.3 Pay Day

~**********************************~
Kagome practically dragged herself up the shrine steps, while Inu yasha slowly trudge besides her. They had both gotten back from an 8 hour shift from hell. Inu yasha mumble something about people and screaming kids, and Kagome grunted in agreement.

"Finally." Kagome grumbled as they reach her front door and fumbled with the keys to get in. Soon they we're in and both flopped down on the couch. "I swear I've never seen so many customers! And it was a THURSDAY!"

"Yeah I know. What the Hell was with that? I thought you said it only got busy on the weekends." Inu yasha said as he took off his hat. His ears ached inside and out. *Stupid kids screaming at their parents. 'Mommy I want candy!!!!!!!!' And right next to my fricken ear. At least the hat blocked some of it.*

" I dunno. I think it had to do with 'Pirates of the Caribbean' coming out." Out of the corner of her eye she noticed Inu yasha rubbing his ear. She turned to him. "Ah, are you ears sore? I guess they would be from that hat. Here."

Imagine Inu yasha's surprise when Kagome took over and massage his ears. At first he tensed up, but then slowly relaxed leaning into her touch.

Kagome smiled as he leaned in. *He must be too tired to protest me doing this. Poor guy.* She took her hands away, and could almost swear Inu yasha looked disappointed. "Well at least we don't work again till Sunday." She said as she leaned against his shoulder.

Inu yasha eye lids drooped. "Yeah." It was then he noticed Kagome was leaning on him with her eyes closed. A slight blush crossed his cheeks. "We should head up stairsI- it's late."

"hmm yeah in a moment." Said the not quite so conscious Kagome, as she snuggled into his arm.

It didn't look like she'd be getting up anytime soon. Inu yasha sighed and spared her another glance, and with a half smile got comfy for the night.

~*************************^.^****************************** ~

"Inu yasha?"

The said Hanyou was greeted with the sight of an overly happy Souta. "Hey Inu yasha, Whatcha two doing sleeping on the couch?" Kagome choose to wake up then.

"Hmm...Souta!" Kagome realized her position and scooted away.

That's when Kagome's mom chose to enter. "Souta, don't bother them. Kagome, why don't you get washed up while I make breakfast?"

"Yeah, sure." By now Kagome had a full on blush going as she headed up the stairs.

Inu yasha sulked, looking quite bored. "Hey Inu yasha, wanna play a fighting game with me?" And Inu yasha was smiling again.

Ten rounds of Soul Caliber, and a breakfast in between, later.

Kagome come bounding down the stairs looking cheerful. "Hey Inu yasha go get washed up so we can head over to work."

He gave her an odd look. "And tell me why we'd want to go to work on our day off?"

Kagome beamed. " It's payday!"

Soafter Inu yasha showered, with only small amount of trouble, they were on their way.

Kagome and Inu yasha entered Ground Breaking Videos, and Shinji came to great them. "Hey Inuko. "

"Hey."

Then with a little more enthusiasm. "Hey Tweaker!"

"Hey Spaze."

Inu yasha groaned. *What's with the pet names? .and weird ones at that.*

"So what are you two here for? A videoperhaps a romance?" Shinji eyed Inu yasha with a smirk.

Kagome half-heartedly glared. "tch. Yeah right, I hate most of those tacky things and you know it. No just here for the checks."

"Oh yeah it payday. Well Ken is in the back office. Just head on back and knock on the door."

"ok thanks." And with that they started heading to the back of the store.

"Hey Kagome?"

"Yeah?"

Inu yasha looked like he was contemplating something. "W-why do you let him call you 'Tweaker'."

Kagome blink. "huh? Oh it's just a dumb friend name. Kinda like how I call him 'Spaze'. Why, your not jealous...are you?"

He crossed his arms. "Feh. And why would I be jealous of you calling someone a stupid name."

Kagome opened her mouth to say something, but instead smirk. "Whatever you say, Inuko." With that she walked up and knocked on the boss's door.

Ken appeared in the doorway. "Oh Kagome, Inuko. What's up?"

'Inuko' responded. "Just came to get our checks."

"Yep. Sure thing." Ken disappeared into the room again, and then swiftly appeared again with there checks. "All right see you two Sunday." And with that he shut the door.

They got just outside of Ground Breaking Videos when both stopped. The two stared at their checks. They glanced at one another, both nodded before tearing into there checks. Inu yasha blanched, and then turned to Kagome. "How much did you get?"

"180 but that's because I've got two weeks pay. How much did you get?"

"80."

Kagome thought a moment. "Sowe have 260 dollars."

Inu yasha starred. "That's it! And how much are the repairs going to cost?"

Kagome sweat dropped. "Well what we've got to help with..?" Inu yasha nodded. "Wellaround a thousand."

"WHAT~!"

"Hey keep it down."

"But that will take forever to earn! We don't have all the time in the world."

Kagome sighed irritated. " I know. We'll just have to try to get more hours."

"Or" Inu yasha had his hand on his chin. "Get a second job."

Kagome blinked. "Inu yasha That's brilliant!"

"huh?"

Kagome looked all excited. " I don't know why I didn't think of this before. With a second job we could earn the money in double the time."

"Well duh." Inu yasha smirked. " And with three, even faster."

She glared at him. "Don't push it."

Yeah I know. Incredibly short. I'm working on the next chapter. I'll have to finish it tonight. I just wanted everyone to know I'm still alive. Next chapter is called Double shifts. ^-^ Inu yasha gets to get violent with the customers. And you get to find out why the carpet isn't light blue anymore. O-o! ~Neko no Baka Next