InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kakera Chronicles ❯ The Half-Descent Confession ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kakera Chronicles
Chapter II
The Half-Descent Confession
 
Kagome was breathing heavily after the experience of life and death. She was always in that situation but this was different for her; waayyy different. She was alone, she was carrying the shikon no tama with full consent of her responsibility and she was attacked in the place where she least expected to. She was still breathing hard but her heartbeat started to calm, she then sat on the walls of the well and looked up the opening.
“Not again…” she sighed.
Kagome got up and grabbed her things; as she started climbing she thought, “How can I find them now?” Kagome threw her bag up the opening and settled down her feet.
“OK, OK go home, resupply, go back down, survive Naraku and explain everything.
She sequenced.
When she was about to exit the room, she thought, “Wait, what will I tell Inuyasha and the others?! AAAHH I'm so screwed.” I know. “Inuyasha, Sorry to bother your normal and happy life with Kikyou but Naraku is still alive and I shattered the jewel, so we have to start all over again. God knows if that will work! She sighed exiting.
 
Back to the feudal era…
“Inuyasha…” Kikyou hushed.
“What is it?” Inuyasha whispered back as he held Kikyou in his arms.
“Do you still want to be human?”
There was a pause, Inuyasha didn't know; now, but back then he was fully committed on being a human for her until the incident. Still, for her he is willing to.
“For you…” Inuyasha replied.
Not far from there Sango and Miroku were staring at the couple.
“Poor Kagome-chan…” Sango sighed.
“It's hard to forget your first love.” Miroku whispered.
“I suppose…” She groaned.
“Oh yeah!” Miroku blurted.
“What is it?” Sango wondered as the monk scurried in front of her.
“Sango, I never asked this to anyone seriously…” Miroku hushed kneeling down.
Sango blushed as Miroku reached for her hands, shaking as he touched them, trembling as he raised it up.
“Sango…” he whispered.
When out from the bushes came a raccoon tanuki. And shouted…
“Danna!”
The mood was interrupted, everything was ruined, the timing, the mood, the moment! Miroku arched his brow and looked slowly on the innocent tanuki. As for Sango, she was shocked, speechless, frozen of the fast events.
“Danna! The curse has been broken! HAHAHAHA! The other monk knew and sent me here to get you and celebrate! Let's go!” He hollered transforming to a hovering yellow-worm.
“Hachi…” Miroku hushed. “Excuse us, Sango…” He added jumping up the worm.
As the two flew up; Miroku snapped!
“WHY YOU LITTLE, USELESS, TANUKI!!” He shouted slamming his rod on the head of the youkai repeatedly.
“YOU CAME HERE TO GET ME TO CELEBRATE BUT I HAVE A DIFFERENT CELEBRATION IN MIND!!” He shouted even louder whacking the youkai.
“What the heck did I do?!” Hachi shouted turning back to his original form in a puff of smoke. The two fell 50 feet from midair and landed on a bed of flowers.
“AAAHHHHHH!!!!”
 
In the Higurashi Shrine, Kagome packed everything needed in her bag. Ramen, chips, flashlights, rope, first aid kit, clothes there was so many things she thought were needed to bring but forget. “Nee-san, what do you need those for?” Souta asked while playing with Buyo. “I…don't know…” Kagome replied slowly sitting down.
She looked at the ceiling and started to thing for an excuse, “What to say…what to do… “Inuyasha! Naraku's still alive.” No too direct. “Miroku! Miss your curse?” Hell no!! “Kikyou, you have to die again to seal Naraku.” Yeah right, then I get to be strangled by her mortal hands. **sigh**” She stood up and closed her bag, “Here goes…” She took a deep breath and went out.
 
On the way to the well she saw her mother sweeping the autumn leaves.
“Mama…I'm going.” Kagome said to her mother. “Kagome, they'll understand…” her mother replied with a sweet smile. “Eh? How did you know?” Kagome stopped. “Mother's intuition” She giggled waving good-bye.
Kagome entered the room and focused herself. She secured her bag and shoes, prepared her weapon for the anticipated attack. She took a deep breath as she jumped down the well. Bricks turned to a blue dimension as Kagome searched for Naraku with her eyes. She sensed a Shikon shard but none in sight. The blue dimension faded as she landed on the bottom of the well. “Eh?! He wasn't there…” She wondered in her mind with a hint of relief. She climbed the wall as usual hoping Kirara would still be there. She reached the top and thrust herself up with a perfect landing.
“Meow!”
“Kirara! Thank God you're here.” Kagome sighed as Kirara transformed and rode off with Kagome back to their friends.
 
In the wasteland, Sango waited anxiously for Miroku's return.
“What's taking him so long? He's sooo busted” She thought.
Without her noticing Inuyasha hand-in-hand with Kikyou approached her.
“Where's Miroku?” Inuyasha asked.
“In oblivion!” Sango shouted as she entered the forest to take a walk.
“What the hell was that about?” Inuyasha wondered.
He sniffed the air; he sniffed again this time for certainty. It IS him! He quickly took up stance for his arrival.
“Inuyasha?” Kikyou wondered at his behavior.
They suddenly felt a rumble, the trees were uprooted and were flung up the sky; blue streams of light like electricity rampaged the ground headed towards them. Inuyasha caught the two ladies and head for cover on a nearby cliff as they ducked he mumbled, “Sesshoumaru…”
Everything settled, the dust cleared and the rumbling stopped. It was silent but to Inuyasha he could hear footsteps; slow, footsteps heading towards them.
“Kikyou, Sango head back, I have an unfinished business.” Inuyasha hushed at the two.
As they head back, Inuyasha waited for the chance, the footsteps stopped at a distance. He unsheathed Tessaiga and sniffed the air. His eyes widened and looked up, Sesshoumaru was above him ready to assault; the two swords clashed together sonorously. Inuyasha was pushed back by the force as they ceased fire.
“We will finish this…” Sesshoumaru declared with narrowed eyes.
“To DEATH!!” Inuyasha shouted raising his guard.
The two dashed, charging against each other as they fought with their swords. Sesshoumaru attacked nimbly; pushing Inuyasha at the interval he mumbled, “Souryuha!!” he conjured the same streaks of light from his sword. Inuyasha leaped up and summoned his own attack, “Kaze no Kizu!!” The wind twirled and drilled through the ground at one giant sweep. The dust cleared, the two stood their ground; the battle has just begun.
 
“Unforgivable…” Sesshoumaru mumbled catching Inuyasha's attention. Sesshoumaru charged again, this time faster, angrier and more deadly. He swinged Toukijin at Tessaiga as it sparked in heat. In shock, Inuyasha was only able to block, “What are you talking about?!” Inuyasha shouted parrying his heavy attacks. Without him noticing he was at the edge of the cliff, Sesshoumaru swinged his sword and attacked with that blue wave. The cliff collapsed, dust covered they're sight as Inuyasha remained unseen.
“Inuyasha!” Kikyou shouted with desperate eyes at the back of the bush. Sango never seen her like this, it should be her humanity returning she thought.
 
Meanwhile, Kagome, amount Kirara, was traveling back to the battlefield when they heard a large explosion that sent a puff of smoke up in the air to their sight.
“Naraku?!” Kagome thought as Kirara hastened to get there.
Back at the field, the half-brothers were continuing their fight. The battle seemed equal but in the eyes of anyone who watched it, Sesshoumaru has the upper-hand.
“Naraku was this Sesshoumaru's prey and you'll serve as his replacement but the victory won't be as sweet.” Sesshoumaru stated with killer eyes as Inuyasha stumbled down, Sesshoumaru swinged his sword flinging Tessaiga away from Inuyasha, turning to a blunt blade.
Sesshoumaru raised his sword, narrowed his eyes and said, “Shi-ne…”
“Matte!” Someone hollered that stopped the attack a centimeter away from Inuyasha's throat.
Kagome and Kirara landed a distance away from the two. Sesshoumaru glared at her with his sword's tip still on Inuyasha's throat. Sesshoumaru waited for an explanation but all he is seeing is a nervous, sweating girl. He grew impatient and Kagome knew that even without a change in expression on Sesshoumaru, well there never was, except for anger and ridicule.
 
She opened her mouth, she should say it, she struggled to but she had no choice but this is the perfect time.
 
“Na…Naraku is alive!!” she sighed looking down in disgrace.