InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Ketsueki no Shikon ❯ The Shikon Breaks Again ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 2. Pairings are as stands right now Inuyasha/Kagome, Kagome/Hojo, and Sango/Miroku. That's for this Chapter so far. I don't own Inuyasha, Seiya is mine. Thank you and good day!
 
~*~
 
“Seiya, haven't you always wondered about me?”
 
“About you? Not really, mom used to go through the well all the time.”
 
“I mean your father. The sword that I left for you. The rusted up one?”
 
“You're—wait, why didn't you say anything!?”
 
“Because I thought that Kagome should tell you! You mean she hasn't?!”
 
“No, because she doesn't want anyone to know, I expect! She's ashamed of me?!”
 
Inuyasha's eyes dropped. “I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you.”
 
“Take me with you.”
 
“What?”
 
“I want to go with you. I don't belong here. If what you're saying is true, I'm part demon. How can I live in a world I don't belong?”
 
“You'll never belong, Seiya. That's the thing about being only part demon. Humans nor demons will ever accept you. But see, no one except you and Kagome know so you won't have problems with anyone accepting you here. It's best if you and I not be together.”
 
“I won't let you walk out on me a second time! I will not pretend none of this happened!”
 
“Seiya—“
 
“No! No excuses! No goodbyes! Just you and me, sitting here and watching the sky or whatever, but you will not leave me here!”
 
Inuyasha nodded. “If that's what you want, we can watch the stars, just remember, we're both human tonight.”
 
“That's fine with me.”
 
~*~
 
Kagome looked around the well for any sign of her son. After the third round she looked up towards the sky. On the roof of the shrine, she saw two people, one in a red kimono, the other in modern day school clothes, laying there watching the stars in the blue velvet sky. It was the new moon and even though the place was lit up rather bright from their outside lights, she believed that she was seeing things.
 
However, she couldn't pull her eyes from that spot. She could hear someone laughing and it sounded like Seiya.
 
`He sounds happy. I guess it was wrong of me to pull him away from his father.'
 
There was a scream from back in the house. Kagome, alarmed, collected her bow and arrow out of reflex from the shrine and hurried back inside.
 
~*~
 
“Did you hear that?!” Seiya asked.
 
“Yeah. Sounds bad.” Inuyasha said, getting to his feet.
 
“It sounded like Catalina!”
 
“Then let's hurry.”
 
~*~
 
“Where is the priestess?” asked a large man in a green kimono. His skin was a tan color and he had large fangs, dripping with blood.
 
“Let her go!” Kagome yelled, her bow and arrow at the ready.
 
“Priestess, it's about time you came out. You have something I want.” He dropped Catalina, the girl bleeding from a bite on her neck and shoulder.
 
Kagome fired her sacred arrow but missed her target. He lunged forward, snapped the bow and took her around the waist. “Come with me, Priestess. We have business to take care of.”
 
~*~
 
“Here it is. The Tetsaiga. Mom told me to keep it, that it would keep me close to you.”
 
“Do you have a weapon you can use?”
 
“I'm skilled in the art of the archery! Number one in the country!” he went into his closet and pulled out a finely decorated bow, encrusted in rubies and diamonds. He pulled out a quiver that held 30 arrows.
 
“This is something mom got me for my win in the last archery contest. I'm not supposed to use it, but whatever.”
 
They jumped back out of the window and towards the sacred tree where the strange intruder stood, a claw in his mother's side.
 
“You let her go, now!” Inuyasha snarled.
 
“What are two puny humans going to do about it?”
 
“I'm the son of a hanyou and a Priestess meaning I can use either of their powers!” He aimed with his bow and shot the demon with a purified arrow, blasting away about half of his body.
 
“Lady…Kajiken…”
 
Inuyasha stabbed what was left of the demon with his sword and moved over to Kagome.
 
“Seiya, you're happy…” she said.
 
“Mom, are you okay?!”
 
“I'm fine now, Seiya. Just live free.”
 
“What?”
 
“They're after the Shikon no Tama. Stay with Inuyasha. Stay safe.” She coughed up some blood and reached to stroke his hair.
 
“I'll never forget the day he seen you and held you in his arms. I knew then that he would be there for you, and he has. Take care of him, for me Inuyasha?”
 
“Kagome…”
 
“Thank you…” She laid her head back and closed her eyes.
 
Seiya pounded his fist on the ground. “Why didn't I just stay with her?!”
 
Inuyasha embraced his son, the boy shaking horribly in anger and because of his sobs. He closed his eyes, tears sliding down his face as well.
 
After a moment, Inuyasha stood, still holding Seiya. “You said you have sisters? We better go and check on them as well.”
 
Seiya nodded and wiped his eyes. “Come on.”
 
~*~
 
The next morning, Seiya and Inuyasha slept under the Sacred Tree. They awoke as the sun crept in the east, signaling dawn.
 
The whole house had been massacred that night. Hojo and Sai were found in the kitchen. Catalina was in the den and Rein and Hina were in their room. It seemed that the demon couldn't find the Shikon no Tama in any of the rooms.
 
“Seiya, we should go.” Inuyasha aroused his son and they got to their feet. As the sun rose, their silver hair and golden eyes returned, their demon powers returning as well,
 
“Where…? I have nothing.”
 
“With me. I promised Kagome that I would take care of you. Come and stay with me in my village.”
 
Seiya, still numb from the night's events, grabbed his bow and quiver and stood at the entrance to the shrine. Inuyasha, placed the Tetsaiga on his side and they entered the shrine.
 
“Ready?” he asked, looking down at the now shaking boy.
 
“A little nervous.”
 
“I'm sure you'll like Miroku, Sango, and Kohaku [1]. Come on.” He jumped into the well, Seiya following right behind him.
 
The well disappeared and was replaced by a dark void and a sea of lights. He looked around at the new scenery, but just as he was taking it in, it disappeared and was replaced by another scene of the well.
 
Inuyasha pulled him out of it and they walked through the surrounding forest to where Inuyasha apparently lived.
 
~*~
 
“Inuyasha, you're back!” An older man walked up in a blue kimono and a monk staff.
 
“Miroku. How have things been here?”
 
“Nothing unusual. Sango and Kohaku have seen to that.” The monk looked to Seiya. “So, you're the boy Inuyasha keeps visiting. I'm Miroku, a monk who traveled with your parents. What brings you here?”
 
“Kagome's gone.” Inuyasha replied quietly.
 
“What? Gone where?”
 
“She's dead.” He growled.
 
Miroku looked shocked and then looked back to Seiya. “Come on. I'm sure you could use some rest and food.”
 
Inuyasha nodded and they walked into his home. A woman and a boy sat there, eating rice and fish.
 
“Sango, Kohaku. Inuyasha's back.” Miroku told them.
 
Seiya sat next to the boy.
 
“Who's this Inuyasha? He reminds me of you. [2]”
 
“He's mine and Kagome's son. He'll be staying with us from now on.”
 
“Is everything okay?”
 
“His mother's dead. I'd appreciate it if we didn't talk about it now.”
 
Sango nodded. “Are you hungry?”
 
He shook his head.
 
“Seiya, eat something.”
 
“I'm not much for food right now.” Seiya stood and went out the door.
 
Kohaku stood as well. “I'll go after him, mom.”
 
Sango shook her head. “Let him be alone.” He nodded and sat back in his place.
 
“I can't believe…Kagome's dead.” Inuyasha's ears hung down and his eyes lost focus. “I used to leave every night to see her and now, I won't get another chance.”
 
“You'll still be able to see her, in what she left behind. No matter how much he looks like you, he'll always have her spirit in him.” Miroku said wisely.
 
“I know. I think I'll go check on him.” Inuyasha got to his feet and went out after his son.
 
~*~
 
“Where is the Shikon no Tama, Calgore?” asked a woman impatiently. Her red eyes glowed menacingly.
 
“Lady Kajiken, Dasken failed to retrieve the Priestess.” Said a cowering rat faced demon.
 
“The Priestess doesn't have the jewel! I said her last born, fool!”
 
“But they were all checked! Their corpses have been searched thoroughly!”
 
“Then we must have overlooked it somewhere.”
 
“That cannot be! We double-checked all six members of the household!”
 
“Six? You dolt, there were seven! Where is the last one?!”
 
Calgore backed away. “Seven? There were seven?!”
 
“I'm surrounded by fools! Yes, there were seven! How was Dasken taken out?!”
 
“Two humans, my lady…”
 
“Humans?!”
 
“Yes, one of them must have been a monk or a priest. He took down Calgore.” [3]
 
“And what would that indicate? He must have come from a line of priests, correct? That priestess was his mother!”
 
“But you said she didn't have any sons!”
 
“I also said that Inuyasha had abandoned her. My powers of sight are not always exactly on the mark. Find this boy and bring him to me. I don't care if he's dead or alive, as long as his body is in tact.”
 
“Yes, my lady.”
 
~*~
 
“Seiya?” Inuyasha walked up to the well where Seiya sat, watching the clouds pass by.
 
“Yeah?” He said after a moment.
 
“What are you doing?”
 
“Thinking about my last words to her.”
 
Inuyasha sat down next to him. “Were they angry?”
 
“I just wanted to know about you she kept giving me vague answers. My last words to all of them were angry ones.”
 
“We all get upset.”
 
“But I always was arguing with someone in the house. We rarely got along. I don't understand why. Maybe it was because I was the only man in the house and Hojo wasn't my father, so we could never agree.”
 
“You've known me since you were five years old, you just didn't know you were my son. I've made sure you were safe, because I knew that one day you would come here. I just wasn't sure when.”
 
“Do you think, you could teach me to fight?”
 
“You can already fend for yourself. That's all you need. It's pretty peaceful since we beat Naraku 20 years ago. There isn't much need to fight anymore.”
 
“Well, at least let me stay with you.”
 
“Of course. I wouldn't abandon you. Come on. Sango made breakfast. You need to eat.”
 
“I'm not very hungry.”
 
“Then we'll save you something for later.”
 
“Thanks dad.”
 
Inuyasha looked at him and smiled. “Any time. Just becareful and come back to the village soon.”
 
“All right.”
 
Inuyasha walked back to the village leaving Seiya alone.
 
He sighed. `He's right. I'm hungry…'
 
He stood as well and started back to the village but stopped, Calgore standing in his way.
 
“Can I help you with something?”
 
“Yes, hand over the Shikon jewel and I'll let those villagers where your dad stays live.”
 
“You can't hurt those people demon. My father, a hanyou, a monk and two demon slayers are staying in that village.” [4]
 
“Oh, but what will your father do while he's grieving for his son's death? And I promise you, it will be a very painful one.”
 
Seiya reached for his bow but remembered he had left it at his father's place.
 
“Young one, you're helpless.” He unsheathed his sword.
 
`Shit! Mom told me hundreds of times about this era! Why didn't I remember to bring my weapon!?'
 
Calgore smirked and lunged, stabbing his blade into the young boy's chest. Lavender light erupted and dispersed into hundreds of lights that scattered across the sky. Seiya fell, Calgore looking around in panic, unable to comprehend what had just happened.
 
Inuyasha jumped in front of Calgore. “You made a bad decision today. You'll pay.”
 
He unsheathed the Tetsaiga and used the Windscar on his enemy.
 
Calgore had fell into a million pieces and Inuyasha sheathed his Tetsaiga once again. He then quickly turned his attention to his son.
 
“Seiya?! Wake up!” He sat the boy up in his arms, blood coming out from the wound Calgore gave him.
 
“The Shikon jewel…It shattered…”
 
~*~
 
[1] Kohaku is not her brother. I am going to assume he's dead. I've only got the dub to watch here (I know, lame) and they still haven't finished with Naraku's disappearance.
 
[2] Inuyasha told Miroku about Seiya, not Sango. Because Miroku's the nosy, but loveable monk we all know and love, Inuyasha told him to keep him off his back. He made Miroku promise not to tell Sango though, knowing she would make a big deal out of it.
 
[3] I have no idea about priests in this era. I'd say they're just church men, but if there are priestesses, there has to be a priest somewhere!
 
[4] Seiya is just running his mouth. Inuyasha told him stories about the protectors of his village and he is just stating what his father told him. He has no idea if there are or not. Well, he knows about Miroku and Inuyasha.
 
Well, that's Chapter two. I have this typed out already, well some of it and it's 113 pages. So, I'm breaking it up into chapters and posting it. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.
 
As for any Japanese words I didn't see in my quick overview and you don't know what they are or if they're wrong, I got them from an online Japanese Dictionary because I know very little Japanese. I took five weeks of it…It was required. Don't get me wrong, I love the language and stuff! It's just that it was either Japanese or my Nursing Classes and with Nursing Classes I could get a job right out of school, so…Okay, enough rambling! R&R!