InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Konnichiwa, Hidoi Sekai ❯ Kimochi no Kokoro ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Konnichiwa, Hidoi Sekai

(Hello, Cruel World)

By Golden-sama

Rated: PG-13, for Mild Language, Violence, and Miroku's usual habits

Summary: Sequel to Sayonara, Kanashi Houshi. It's been two weeks since Miroku's near death incident, and lately he and Sango have been fighting a lot, but when Sango is kidnapped by an evil youkai while Inuyasha and Kagome are in her time, it's up to the Houshi to save his beloved before it's too late.

Chapter Two

Kimochi no Kokoro

(Feelings of the Heart)

Sango was tired by the time she and Kirara arrived at her village. The journey was a long one and she only grew wearier the closer they drew to it.

What had at one time been a flourishing city full of happy people and the fiercest Youkai Taijiya in the land had been turned into a mass graveyard for everyone in the world that Sango cared about. She truly dreaded staying in her empty house until Kagome and Inuyasha returned, but it was better than seeing Miroku. It seamed that all they did now was argue and fight. She had admitted that their latest argument was her fault, but it was only because of his past.

As Kirara landed and allowed Sango off her back before turning back into a happy little kitten, the young brown haired warrior looked around the remains of her birthplace. She could feel the familiar swelling of pain deep within her heart as memories of her childhood swam before her eyes like fish in a pond.

She cast her eyes out on the training field. There she had helped Kohaku learn to wield his weapons, and there her old friend Takato had helped her do the same thing years earlier. She reached a pale hand to her face and wiped away a silent tear. She couldn't think of those things now.

The hours passed by without incident, in a quiet sort of trance. Sango went down to the hillside and plucked from the earth a basket full of small flowers of all kinds. Then she returned to the village and spent the time going to each of the graves, lying the flower down on the unmarked tombs, and saying a silent prayer for each of the friends that lay beneath the blanket of soil.

Time stretched on until the sun fell from the sky and was replaced by a blanket of stars and darkness. With a sigh and a heart filled with sorrow, Sango moved towards the old, half-destroyed house that had once been her home.

Night thickened on and Sango and Kirara allowed sleep to wash over them and keep them for a time. It was unfortunate that they did, for as the sky was dark footsteps suddenly broke the silence. The footfalls of a pair of Saru Youkai, and their leader, Kirikos, the Bloodbane of the Western Land.

"Goku, Boku." The black haired youkai said quietly. He was dressed the same as he had been in China, when Naraku first approached him. Over his shoulder he held a long wooden spear that emitted a dim and eerie glow as red as blood. "This is for revenge. This is for all of our brothers who were killed in the West. This girl, this Sango, she is for Naraku. Do not touch her, do not harm her any more than need be, and above all else do not kill her. If you do I shall make you suffer."

The brown and white ape youkai that stood behind their master nodded and bowed their heads. Long had it been since last their eyes saw the landscape of Japan, and they loved it. They would obey Naraku for now; they would do whatever it was he wanted.

And right now Naraku wanted Sango.

----

"I knew it!"

Kagome lived at an old shrine; the very shrine that five hundred years past was Kaede's village. The same tree that once held Inuyasha fast in place by one of Kikyo's arrows now held Inuyasha in one of its branches as he angrily learned the truth of "Souta's Birthday".

"This was all just a ploy to get you to go to school, wasn't it Kagome?"

The dog-eared youth that sat above Kagome on the tree had his eyes narrowed and a bad temper burning in his mind. She had done it again. Again she tricked him. The only thing he couldn't figure out was why she had drug him along with her for this time.

"No Inuyasha, it's the weekend, there is no school."

Inuyasha jumped down from the tree branch and landed next to the raven-haired girl, suspicion in his eyes and a mean glance in his yellow eyes as he watched her face. His nose stirred as he tried to smell to see if she was lying.

"I just want to give Sango-chan and Miroku-sama some time to be alone together, that's all."

Inuyasha blinked. "Why? So they can kill each other?"

"Oswari."

Kagome stood up as Inuyasha fell down and began to walk back towards her home. She couldn't put up with Inuyasha's stupidity right now. As long as he stayed on this side of the well and didn't cause any trouble then her plan would work perfectly.

"Kagome-chan!"

Suddenly Kagome's heart fell to the pit of her stomach. She could hear the voice of Eri, one of her classmates and friends. Eri was always nosey and she had always been the worst of her friends when it came to picking into her personal life. And now Kagome knew her three friends were on their way over, while Inuyasha was lying on the ground, still dressed like a freak and not covering his ears.


"Inuyasha, house, go, now!"

Inuyasha looked up at her with a dark glance in his eyes. "Don't treat me like I'm some kind of dog!" Even as he yelled at her his ears were twitching upon the upcoming footsteps.


"Kagome-chan? What are you doing?"

Kagome's choices were limited, and no ideas would come to her in time. Her eyes filled with tears and she fell to her knees on the ground. There was no way she'd get out of this one.

"Kagome-chan? Why are you ignoring u-- Oh, never mind."

Eri had appeared, dressed casually for once in an old black skirt and a gray sweater. Her trademark yellow hair band was still in place. Her eyes fell on Inuyasha and a tiny smile appeared on her face. Kagome's heart dropped. Then followed the three words Kagome hoped she'd never hear from her friend's mouth.

"Is this him?"

"Umm, he, I, ears, you see--"

"Eri-chan? What's going on-- is that Kagome's boyfriend?" Yuka, the short brown haired friend of Eri and Kagome had appeared and was staring over Eri's shoulder. Her eyes were peering down at Inuyasha with curiosity.

"That's him." Eri said with a satisfied smile.


"Oh, but is he the violent one, or that other one?"

Kagome was desperate for some way to get out of this. She'd have to explain everything, which would be a hassle. Ayumi, the third friend had appeared and was also staring at Inuyasha with interest. Ayumi had dark, curly hair and was never as nosey as Yuka and Eri.

"What's the deal with his ears?"


Of course, not being as interested in her love life, Ayumi had of course noticed the twitching dog ears that's at upon Inuyasha's silver haired head.

"What? Ayumi-chan its obvious isn't it?" Eri said turning to her friend. Kagome's heart fell even lower, if it was possible.

"He works at the shrine; why else would he be dressed so weird?"

Kagome's heart flew. She was saved. There was justice left in this world after all.

"Kagome, who are these bakas?"

Kagome had, of course, in her moment of happiness, forgotten all about the fact that Inuyasha was still Inuyasha. She sighed and hung her head.


This would be a long day.

----

"Miroku-dono, what's wrong, that's the seventh beautiful woman who's poured wine for you tonight and you haven't even talked to them!"

Miroku had, with the absence of Inuyasha and Kagome, and Sango obviously not wanting to see him for a few days, taken Haichi and Shippou to an old tavern not far from Kaede's village. The owner of the tavern was more than happy to offer a warm welcome to the Houshi who saved them from the "Ominous Cloud".

The tavern was wonderful. It was small and round shaped with a low roof and several candles lighting the wooden walls of the building with their warm light. And the women who poured the sake were the most beautiful in the land.

And yet, instead of his usual routine of drinking sake and flirting with the young beauties, he just sat there, only keeping true to the sake part. Both the raccoon and the kitsune knew that if the Houshi kept this up, he'd wind up as drunk as a poor man who finds a free bottle of wine.

"Miroku, why don't you just go talk to Sango?"

"Ah Shippou, you know so little of women." The monk replied quietly.

"I may not know about women." Shippou squeaked back. "But I do know about Sango, and I can tell she likes you. Just go apologize."

Miroku shook his head. "I tried that already."

Shippou narrowed his young eyes. "Well why don't you try apologizing and not grabbing her butt?"

Miroku let out a laugh at that suggestion and went back to his wine. The kitsune growled angrily, shot Miroku a dirty glance, and hopped to his feet and away from the table. The black haired houshi shrugged and returned his cup of sake to his lips.

It was then that Miroku dropped the cup of rice wine and grabbed for his staff. Haichi saw this and instantly became worried, but Miroku stood and began walking towards the door without a word to anyone. Shippou and Haichi followed behind him, quietly and slowly.

Outside of the old oak tavern it was night, and the grass and trees all around the bar were dark and shadows dances in the starlight. Naught could be seen with ease, but the sounds of someone moving from side to side in the trees could be heard. And Miroku could feel the Jyaki.

"I know you're here." The houshi called out into the menacing and hostile darkness around him. "Come out, Naraku!"

At the mention of his name, a man draped in the skin of a white baboon appeared from behind the row of trees. Shippou and Haichi both become wide eyed and fearful upon the sight of their fated foe, but Miroku stood without fear. Whether it was his bad mood or just the wine kicking in, Miroku would not fear the corrupt youkai today.

"Houshi-sama, why the long face?"

Miroku held his staff steady in his hand and jumped forward towards the monkey, but Naraku had already leapt into the air dodged away from the staff of gold as it swung. Miroku darted around but Naraku's fist caught him too quickly and sent the monk to the ground.

"I'm not going to kill you." Naraku said with a sadistic grin from behind the baboon skin. He was now standing over Miroku, staring into the houshi's eyes. And as Miroku lay on his back, staring into the piercing red orbs of the youkai, it was then he knew Sango was in danger. His heart began to race and sweat appeared over his face. Naraku laughed out with glee and jumped backwards.

"Run along now little Houshi, Run along after your dear Sango."

Naraku was gone in a flash, and Miroku pulled himself up to his feet. Shippou and Haichi ran over to him and stared up at the monk with eyes full of wonder and fear.

"Haichi, I need a ride."

----

Sango had been raised as a youkai taijiya her entire young life, and she had faced many fears before. And yet now she faced an even worse one. She was having an uneasy sleep tonight, because all she could see in her dreams were memories of her beloved village.

Days spent playing in the sun with Kirara, afternoons spent in the shade training with her Hiraikotsu or helping Kohaku learn the basics, and nights spent out fighting youkai alongside her father. They were the happiest memories a girl in her position should have, but instead they filled her sleeping soul with dread, because even in the realm of dreams she knew that she'd never get her old life back.

Her eyes opened and she stared up at the ceiling of the old house. There was a hole in the roof which she had not had time to repair. With a sigh she hugged Kirara tighter and tried to go back to sleep, it was then that she heard the footsteps. At first she thought it was perhaps Miroku, coming to apologize, or grab her, or knowing him both. But there were footsteps of three people.

Standing quickly and quietly Sango grabbed her taijiya uniform and dressed in a hurry. Just as she was strapping her sword to her belt, she heard the footsteps die down. She snapped her fingers once and Kirara ran to her side. The brown haired youkai taijiya walked towards the door wearily.

It was then that the roof split open. Sango grabbed the wakizashi off her belt and thrust it above her. A scream echoed in the night as a large brown Saru Youkai fell onto the ground, Sango's sword now buried inside his foot.

Sango knew there were more, but before she could regain her sword the wall split open and a white Saru Youkai jumped at her. With a flick of her wrist a blade shot forth from her wrist guard and she slashed at the oncoming youkai. Its face was cut open across the snout and it fell to the ground holding its bleeding nose.

"That wasn't very nice."

Sango spun around and spotted the third youkai. He looked like a human, save only his eyes which were blood red, and his teeth which were like fangs. The man carried a spear and wore an orange vest striped with green.

"No Goku, I said no killing."

Sango's eyes darted to the right where the brown ape youkai had salvaged the sword from his foot and was prepared to stab into Sango's back. Sango knew she couldn't fight inside this tiny house, not against three enemies.

It was then that the wall of the entire house burst into flames, Sango leapt into the air knowing what was going on and sure enough by the time Kirikos had extinguished the flames on his vest, Sango was high in the air on Kirara's back.

"Boku, Goku, stay here. I'm going to go play."

Kirikos jumped into the air and landed on the roof of the house, which was now burning with flames. Kirara was flying high above and Sango now had room enough to use her most deadly of weapons.

"Hiraikotsu!"

Kirikos watched as the giant boomerang of youkai bone flew at him. It was moving incredibly fast and instead of trying to dodge it, he just braced himself. The bone boomerang smashed into the youkai and sent him flying from off the roof to the ground below, a shower of his blood falling around him.

Sango looked down to where the youkai lay, and then to where her Hiraikotsu was stuck into a tree not far away. Sango wanted to recover her favorite of weapons, but she knew it was too dangerous.

Then without warning Kirikos' eyes opened and he went for his spear. Sango could see the spear glowing with some evil jyaki, but before Kirara could get away the blast of red light had stuck her. Sango fell through the air and towards the ground, but she and her precious cat had been caught by Boku and Goku.

The last thing Sango remembered seeing before she passed out was the sneering face of a white baboon who sat on a tree branch watching her.

-------------

Author's Notes

I know, it was much shorted than usually, but I promise the next one will be better.

^^

Ja ne


~ Golden-sama.