InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Lady Kagome ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
"Where's the wench?" Inu Yasha said, almost tearing through the village.

"I thought she was with you since you usually wait for her at the Goshinkbu," Sango said, cleaning her haraikotsu.

She stopped, and looked at Miroku, very concerned about her adopted sister. Miroku looked to Sangom, noting her concern, and then to Inu Yasha.

"What did you do Inu Yasha? I can only guess she ran off and that would be because you saw Kikyo," Miroku guessed, slightly annoyed. "Did it ever occur in that thick skull that every time you go to that clay pot you call Kikyo, that Kagome's heart breaks a little more. She loves you. She better be okay Inu Yasha or may Kami curse you."

"Inu Yasha threw his hands in the air, and growled, "Shut up bouzou! I don't have to hear this so stay out of my business!"

Inu Yasha took off towards the Goshinkbu's comforting branches to sulk. He loved both Kagome and Kikyo, however, his confession to Kagome days ago was no farce. He wanted Kagome. He was pretty sure Kikyo had put a spell on him and it infuriated him like no other. It had not been the first time he felt the odd feeling that he had been bewitched. He remembered the fight with Kageromaru and Juromaru, how he had sought out Kikyo. The whole time was too strange and he keep getting the feeling that Kagome had seen it all. In fact, he did recall that she had asked him if he had remembered what had just happened. She had become distant to him for a few days and he had pissed her off so much during that time that she went home. That, and the fact that Kouga had decided to tagalong since Kagome had been injured in the battle of the two demented offsprings of Naraku.

He wanted Kikyo to go in peace, but she was determined to have him go to Hell with her one day and that scared him. He wanted Kagome and this incident did not help at all. The only person he had come to trust and want to mate was hurting and all he had to show was the memory of her haunting eyes filled with tears.

He had never wanted Kikyo in the way he wanted Kagome. He never imagined having a future with Kikyo. His dreams always filled with making love to Kagome, or Kagome pregnant with his pup or even Kagome taking care of his pups. With Kikyo, it was only a mere infatuation and she was repulsed by his hanyou form. Even in her life, she only hugged him. He tried kissing her, but always managed to kiss a cheek. It was not until she was undead that he had felt her cold unfeeling lips on his. He knew she was not for him. Kagome had a far more pleasing scent that even he doubted after a while in their travels that she was Kikyo’s reincarnation. Usually reincarnations tended to take on a similar scent as well as aura and in Kagome’s case, it was not. She smelled better than any human he had encountered in the two hundred plus years he had lived. He held the body of a late adolescent turning into a man, and being inuyoukai, he was lucky. Most hanyou that he had encountered had reached maturity far faster. He would live a long time, but definitely not like his brother. His brother had just reached maturity upon his birth, but was well over a thousand years old. It was the human blood that diluted him and sometimes it bothered him to know on his human night one day in the distant future, he would be an old man, watching his brother walk through life untouched as most inuyoukai unlike other demons stopped maturing after they had reached adulthood.

He thoughts turned back to thinking of the good times with Kagome, and how simply sitting on the hillside at night watching the stars with her had always calmed his spirit. He remembered the first time Kagome kissed him. Though the situation was perilous for her, she had soothed his youkai and returned him from his bloodlust. Before she had been kidnapped, he had sat by the fire with her and she had told him how she liked him better as a hanyou, he had turned and almost claimed her. His youkai had called for it and his abruptness in turning to her had made her gasp. He had heard her heart skip a beat and her scent spiked, but no sooner had Kaguya whisked her off from him. So many encounters with her where they had almost kissed, only to turn and blush. Yes, he had noticed her blush as his own cheeks raged and he always cursed himself for being so shy. But then again, hanyous were not suppose to find a mate, let alone experience love. Kagome had torn down the walls he had built of expecting to never let someone in because he would have been a good fuck, but never mate material. Many demonesses had lusted after him, including Yura and he knew they only wanted one thing with him, and that was him in bed because most of them had been denied by his older half brother, so they sought him out as a throw away consellation prize. Many of them he fought back and killed while others just ran from him in fright after he threatened to kill them for even being aroused in his presence. It was truly disgusting.

He had never experienced sex, and that was by choice. He had made out with a few demonesses in the past, but after finding out their real intentions, the foreplay ended in bloodshed.

Many times he had heard that Sesshoumaru had also killed insolent demonesses in bed and it was rumored that he had designated a room for just rutting as he was tired of smelling the annoying scents of his rutting with them in his own room. It was a rumor, but Inu Yasha suspected it true as he knew his brother was sensitive when it came to smells.

Inu Yasha layed back against the tree and sighed sadly, then looked out over the meadow.

"Oh Kagome, forgive me. I love you more than anything. Dammit! I'm the fool," Inu Yasha cried.

He had not cried since the incident with Renkotsu and the fire. He had almost lost her then.

"I won't lose you now," he choked out then repeated to himself more firmly, then stood up and began to track Kagome.