InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Let's Not ❯ The Space of One Second ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]


Let's Not
Kuenai


The Space Of One Second




Disclaimer: Guess what? I don't own inuyasha.


Kikyou put on a pathetic, teary face.

'Inuyasha, why do you hurt me so? Why can you not do this one thing that i ask of you? Is it really that difficult? Don't you love me, Inuyasha?'

'Could you contemplate getting over yourself for the space of one second?'

Kikyou blinked, not expecting to hear much beyond whimpering from the captive school girl.

'For the sake of all thinks holy, unholy, and human, will you please get a life?'

Kikyou looked at the girl angrily.

I'm trying to talk to Inuyasha, you useless girl...'

Kagome laughed

'How about not. I've tried being reasonable, Kikyou. I've taken into account that you ARE a vengeful spirit, and that you DID blame Inuyasha for your death. But as

to your acting like I don't matter, THAT I don't get.'

Kikyou smirked.

'It is simple logic, you stupid girl. I was first, and so the soul that we share belongs rightfully to me.'

'You want logic? I'll give you logic. For instance, my first point is that you're dead. So technically, it is YOU who shouldn't be anywhere. Secondly, Inuyasha did not

cause your death, and so LOGICALLY you shouldn't blame him, and yet you still insist on dragging him to hell. You steal the souls of innocent women to purlong

your hideous existance, as a monster corpse, and murder well meaning people for trying to put you to rest. Furthermore, you try to kill me at every given moment,

and help naraku. Granted, we all know you have some hidden plan about that, but in all honesty, Kikyou, you just don't have what it takes.'

Kikyou back handed Kagome harshly, producing a reflexive growl from Inuyasha.

Kagome smiled, her now split lip cracking even farther.

'Well gee Kikyou. You should watch your temper. It is unbecoming of a lady to abuse another.'

Kagome wiped her lip, a bead of red swelling on her finger, and then rolling down.

'You and I, Kikyou, are simply of a different class. Because, you see, underneath it all, i'll always be the one that can bleed for Inuyasha.'

Kagome smiled softly, putting a warm palm to the older girl's face reassuringly.

'I forgive you, Kikyou. I'm going to walk away. It's not right to persecute you for something you can't help. But know this.'

Kagome turned to look Kikyou Straight in the eye, her expression cold.

'If you confront me again, You won't get the CHANCE to drag Inuyasha to hell. I'll send you there one way myself. Understand?'

Kikyou smiled icily.

'Next time we cross paths girl, we will fight. And one of us will die there.'