InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Letters From The Heart ❯ The Wind ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Letters From The Heart
Three
From Sango, to Miroku
The Wind
I never thought I would be able to say this to you, Miroku. But after reading Kagome-chan's letter, I thought I would either cry or laugh. She didn't mean for me to find it, but you know how careless Inuyasha is with his things, and I just found it on the floor and read while he wasn't looking. I hope he wasn't hard on her about it - maybe she didn't give it to him and he found it, because you and I both know their relationship hasn't changed.
Will it ever change? I wait everyday for it, and watch them at every instant but nothing happens because they are both so stubborn and too shy to admit how they feel. Like us, I guess. That's the truth. You hide behind your perverted appearance and I pretend to be the warrior girl that no man can touch without losing his head.
But you? You're an exception. If any other man did what you do to me, I would probably kill him, no questions asked. But somehow it's all right when you do it. And that's because I love you. There, I can say it so simply in words and in my head. I don't even know why I love you, so don't even begin to make me explain.
I know it's not flattering to be told that someone doesn't know why they love you, and I'm sorry - I guess it's because I see the good things in you, whereas other people only see a sneering lech. That is a part of you, and I've come to accept that - just like Kagome has come to accept that Inuyasha is part-demon and he will always be that way. She doesn't care, it doesn't affect her. The same goes for me.
What does hurt is when you flirt and propose to other girls that are not me. You think I'm too afraid to love a man? You're right. I am afraid. Because the last time I loved someone so much, he was taken from me and possessed by the very person who killed his whole family - my whole family. But you wouldn't understand that, would you? Having your love used against you, so you can't even fight.
That's why I'm afraid of being so close to you. Honestly, I don't ever think we'll beat Naraku. So I'm scared I'll lose you, too. I've made no commitments, but believe me - I've tried to keep a positive attitude, tried to think on the bright side, but it's just so hard for me.
I love you. So much. If I lost you now, I don't know what I would do. You're the air that I breathe. The wind that billows around me, that lifts my face when all seems lost and whips my hair about me - helping me know that the world doesn't just stand still, and I'm not the only one. The wind. That word always reminds me of you. It's the only word I can use to sum you up, except for your name.
Kaze.
Like the curse that binds you. The wind: because you are a free spirit. You will never cease. You can be calm, you can be strong, you can be fierce, and you can be soft. But most of all, you will always be there. By my side.
I'm waiting for you, can't you see that? Don't take this as rejection, think of it as a promise. I'll hold on for you, until there is no fear of losing you. Be it in death or to another woman.
And promise me that you will wait for me, no matter how long it takes. Because you and I were meant to be. Forever.