InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Life's Loves ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha
 
 
Life's Loves
 
Chapter 8
 
Luckily they didn't have to go all the way into the village to find the flea. He was on his way to find them hoping they had been able to get Sesshomaru's blessing. They stopped a few feet from the sacred tree when Inuyasha smacked his neck for the second time that day.
 
“Miyoga must you do that everytime we meet?” Inuyasha asked the flea before squishing him between his fingers.
 
“No, Master Inuyasha, but you must admit it gets your attention every time.” Replied Miyoga once he had regained his former shape.
 
“Anyways, I'm happy we found you Miyoga I have some more questions for you.” Kagome said before Inuyasha's temper got the best of him.
 
“Ask away Lady Kagome.” Miyoga said. But before she started asking questions she lead them back to the sacred tree to sit down then began to ask her questions.
 
“Alright I've been thinking, now that our souls are merged does that mean that my life span has been increased to match Inuyasha's or is it the other way around?” Kagome asked.
 
“Your life span will be increased to match Inuyasha's once you have mated. As of right now if one of you were to die the other would also within minutes and not be able to help the other. But once mated you will be able to bring your other half back from the grave as long as you have the spiritual power needed to do so.” Miyoga replied. There was silence for a few minutes before Kagome asked her next question as if to let the information sink in.
 
“What will happen in three days if I cannot get my grandafather's blessing?”
 
“Inuyasha's mark will disappear and you shall have to get Sesshomaru's blessing once again to find the mark even though you know where it is.” Miyoga replied with slight confussion in his voice.
 
“Why do you ask Kagome?” Inuyasha asked. “Are you worried your grandfather won't give you his blessing?”
 
“No. I just want to know,” Kagome replied. “I figure it's better to be informed than not.”
 
“I guess your right.” Inuyasha conceded.
 
“Master Inuyasha if I may ask where is your mark? Usualy it is on a persons neck but not on you.” Miyoga asked hoping not to be squished for asking.
 
“That's none of your business.” Inuyasha growled back before preparing to squish the poor flea.
 
“I realize that but as your retainer I must know.” Miyoga said trying to prevent the squishing. It didn't work Miyoga was once again squished.
 
“It's on the spot where Kikyo's arrow pinned him to the sacred tree.” Kagome replied once Miyoga had regained his shape.
 
“Thank you Kagome. Please know that I will also need to know where your mark is once you've obtained it.” Miyoga thanked.
 
“That's fine Miyoga and I will tell you when we return. One more question before we leave for my time. Is your mating ritual like when humans marry?”
 
“Yes but once mated you cannot leave the other you begome devoted to each other.” Miyoga answered. “If you have any more questions Lady Kagome please don't hesitate to ask.”
 
“Thank you, Miyoga. And don't worry I will.” Kagome replied while getting up and helping her mate to be up as well. The moon reflected off her hair in a suductive way as Inuyasha took the offered hand and then slipped his other arm arround her waist to bring her close for a kiss forgeting about the weird sleep. He kissed her passonately only to have her fall asleep in the middle of the kiss.
 
“Damn I forgot about that.” Inuyasha said then kissed her again to wake her. She looked up and frowned at him.
 
“Did you have to kiss me just now?” Kagome asked.
 
“Yes, I did. You looked just to sexy to ignore.” Inuyasha replied a blush adorning his cheeks. Kagome's frown disappeared and she smiled at the words that had come out of his mouth and the bright blush. She leaned over to kiss him on the lips also but deviated to his cheek at the last possible second. A sigh of relief was heard from Inuyasha when her lips connected on his cheek. “You were worried that I'd get you back for that right.”
 
“No, I wasn't.” Inuyasha said.
 
“Sure you weren't.” Kagome said with sarcasim in her voice, “Let's just say that was your pay back from when I demonstrated it to Kaede and we'll call it even.” Kagome then started walking towards the well and her time with Inuyasha close behind her who had agreed to what she had said. Miyoga had left before the couple had kissed thankfully.
 
The couple walked to the well with their arms wrapped around each other's waists till they reached the well. At the well they separated and took each other's hands before jumping in. The familiar blue light wrapped itself around them for a few minutes and then they were on the otherside of the well in Kagome's time. The couple walked out of the well house and to the main house where Inuyasha jumped up with Kagome to Kagome's bedroom window where they entered quietly so as to not wake the house. It was afterall past midnight.
 
Kagome changed into her pyjamas while Inuyasha turned around so that she could have some privacy. Once she was changed she pulled Inuyasha towards her bed and made him climbed in first so that he would be beside the wall on top of the blankets. Once he was settled in she climbed in under the blankets and truned to face him.
 
“I know that you probably won't sleep tonight but please just keep me company.” Kagome wispered.
 
“Then turn around and I will keep you company.” Inuyasha wispered back. Kagome shifted so that she was facing the other way within seconds of being turned around Inuyasha came under the blankets fully dressed and spooned in behind her. One of his arms coming around her waist and his forehead plasted to the back of her neck. They both layed like that till sleep claimed them both, even if Inuyasha wanted to keep guard like he normally did.
 
 
In Kagome's dream
 
 
Kagome's standing in front of the sacre tree looking up towards the heavens admiring the cherry blossoms that adorn the tree. When the ghostly figure of a woman in ancient armor appears before her.
 
“Keeper of the sacred jewel,” spoke the ghost “you have but one more trip through the well once the mating ritual is complete.”
 
“What do you mean I have only one more trip through the well?” Kagome asked the ghost. “And are you Midoriko?”
 
“Once you are marked and have taken the physical step the reason for the well to stay open will disappear. I am only able to keep it open for you to complete this task so that you will not die.” Replied the ghost “And yes I am Midoriko.”
 
“So that means that I won't see my family ever again once I complete this task so that we may live.”
 
“No you shall see tham again it will only take you 450 years before you may see them again. I'm sorry but this is the best that I could do for you.”
 
 
In Inuyasha's dream
 
 
Inuyasha's sitting in the sared tree looking out to the vast span of forest before him. A ghostly figure of a warior in ancient armor suddenly appears beside him on the branch that he is perched on.
 
“Protector of the keeper of the sacred jewel,” spoke the ghost, “you have but one more trip through the well once the mating ritual is complete.”
 
“What do you mean we have only one more trip through the well?” Inuyasha asked the ghostly figure “And are you Midoriko?”
 
“The well is going to close once your task is complete because I no longer have the strength needed to keep it open with the sacred jewel destroyed.” The ghostly figure replied. “And yes I am Midoriko.”
 
“But that will mean that Kagome has to chose.” Inuyasha said in a sad tone.
 
“I know but there is nothing that I can do about this outcome,” Midoriko said. “I am truly sorry for the predicament and if I could change it I would.”
 
 
Kagome's room
 
 
It was the middle of the night when both Inuyasha and Kagome awoke at the same time. Kagome turned around to look at Inuyasha.
 
“Did you just dream about Midoriko?” Kagome asked.
 
“Yes.” Inuyasha replied.
 
“Did she tell you that the well was going to close?” Kagome contuned.
 
“Unfortunately, yes she did.”
 
“Great just what I needed. More pressure from this situation,” Kagome complained. “I guess there is nothing we can do about this.”
 
“No, there isn't but at lease we will be together,” Inuyasha said trying to cheer Kagome up. “Don't forget that Sango and Miroku will be there to help you. As will Shippo and Kaede don't forget them.”
 
“Your right but it still won't be the same without being able to see my family here.”
 
“Kagome why don't you go back to sleep and we can discuss his in further detail tomorrow.”
 
“You”ll keep watch?”
 
“Yes, now turn around and sleep.”
 
“Fine but you still have to cuddle.” Kgome replied while turning around. Inuyasha didn't respond but did return to their spoon ositions before they were awoken by their dreams.
 
 
Well that's chapter eight please review for I need the feed back