InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Life with an Assassin...Oh Boy ❯ It's only the beginning...sadly (1) ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: No, I do not own InuYasha…yet. -insane cackle-
 
By the way…this fic /is/ set in modern times for those of you who don't know…and all the craziness- such as the dumb muffin song, and other things, really do happen in my life. I know, aren't I special?! The characters tend to take on the personalities of my friends, such as Sango acts like my friend Stephanie, and Kagome acts a lot like me…just so you know. Continue on!
 
Chapter one: It's only the beginning…sadly.
~&~&~&~&~&~&~&~&~&~&~& ;~&~&~&~&~
 
InuYasha ran through the now silent halls of the mansion, his gold eyes peeking out underneath the hood of his red assassin uniform which reeked of blood. He hesitantly stopped before the oak doors of the girl's room he was assigned to make mysteriously vanish. InuYasha drew in a breath, gripping his sword which was dripping the metallic liquid, and burst through the doors.
Kagome opened her closed eyes, loosening the grip on the white stuffed dog she was clutching. The seventeen-year-old showed no fear or emotions period as she stared at the young man's face that was hidden by the fabric of his attire. She knew what he was here for.
“Well, are you going to stand there all day, or murder me?” She demanded.
InuYasha had to refrain from looking oddly at the girl. Here she was breathing the last breaths she was ever going to take, and she was wasting them by talking to him…pathetic. He was about to speak when the building burst into flames. Stupid Miroku, always timed things wrong. InuYasha gazed at the girl's chocolate brown eyes for a minute before grabbing her arm and dragging her.
“C'mon,” he mumbled, running for the entrance through the smoke that suffocated him.
Kagome started coughing, and covered her nose with the stuffed dog she had never let go of. She new this man was the one who had caused her parents to scream, and the reason why she had closed her eyes to act like it wasn't real. So, why was he not letting her here to burn?
“Why aren't you killing me?” She coughed, running with her captor as the neared the entrance.
“Because,” He started, looking back at the raven haired girl, “I want you to fear me before doing you such a favor as of ending your life,”
“I see,” She answered as he shoved her into the backseat of a black car.
“Miroku, you idiot!” Her captor yelled at the driver, “You were supposed to set it on fire after I came out!”
“Whoops, guess I forgot,” the man grinned, “What's with the girl? I thought she was the main target…”
“She is…” her captor started.
“Excuse me, but can you stop talking for a split second? Thanks,” Kagome studied the driver, he had a short ponytail at the nape of his neck, and violet eyes, “Since I'm your hostage and all, may I know your names so I don't have to call you `hey you!' and `driver'?”
“You call me InuYasha,” Her captor answered, “And you call him Miroku. Now, shut up, hold on, and buckle up,”
“Shut up, hold on, and buckle up,” Kagome mimicked at his back.
He rolled his eyes, “I highly advise you hold on girl,”
 
Just to annoy him, she sprawled out in the back seat, “My name is Kagome, not GAH! HOLY CRAP!” she screamed as she was tossed onto the car floor as the man named Miroku pushed the car to its limits, “Ow…my butt…”
“Can't say I didn't warn you,” InuYasha smiled.
“Haven't you ever heard of a speed limit, or at least self control?!” Kagome exclaimed, attempting to clamber back onto the seat.
“We're in Rebel territory…there isn't a speed limit,” InuYasha explained.
Kagome whimpered, digging her nails into the grey leather of the seats as the car neared the apartment buildings. The car was now going as fast as possible, and Miroku wasn't slowing, “Do you not see that slab of concrete called a building in front of you?!” she screamed, clutching the seats even more. There were probably nail marks by now.
“WHA-HOO!” Miroku yelled, slamming on the brakes and making the car swerve.
“Dear god, god GOD!” Kagome hissed through clenched teeth. There were definitely nail marks in the seat.
She clenched her eyes closed as she had done earlier today, just waiting for them to slam into something and for her body to become a bloody mess. Instead, the car skidded to a stop and Miroku leaned back declaring how there was never any danger.
“Never any danger my butt, we just about slammed into a building for crying out loud!”
“Aw, C'mon Kagome!,” Miroku exclaimed, “My driving isn't that bad,”
“Of course it's not, almost having my body turn into a mangled mess is something I face everyday when someone drives,” She retorted, climbing out of the vehicle and thankful to be on solid land once again.
“C'mon girl,” InuYasha ordered, leading her up the stairs towards his apartment.
“My name's not `girl'...it's Kagome. Only six letters, and three syllables, it can't be that hard to remember,”
“Feh, whatever. Now, there are some rules you must follow while temporarily here…got that?”
“Rules….bleh,” She answered.
The building looked very run down. The stairs creaked as she stepped lightly upon them, and plaster fell from the ancient ceilings. Couldn't they take care of anything? I mean…it wasn't that hard was it?
“Now, while living here, you will do what ever I,” InuYasha lowered his hood, revealing his silver hair and dog ears, “or -“
Kagome squealed, rushing forward to rub his ears, only for him to grab her wrists, “Or Takana-san tells you to, understand,”
“Who's Takana?” Kagome inquired, starting to notice to rather hard pressure being put on her wrists. She squirmed, “You're hurting me!”
“Takana-san is our leader…also, a government official. You will treat him with respect and do whatever he tells you to. Understand? Also, you do not grab for my ears unless you wish for a very painful punishment,” InuYasha ordered, letting go of the teenager's wrists.
She rubbed the now tender spot on her wrists and nodded.
“You will live with me and me only. No objections,” He said as she opened her mouth to argue, “You will go no where without permission. Any questions?”
Kagome's chocolate eyes gazed at his hands which fumbled with a key, “Anywhere in Rebel Territory. I'll show you those boundaries later. For now, go inside,”
 
Kagome stared at the small, one bedroom apartment. Her bare feet ran through the fuzzy carpet, and she ran her hand down the white bare wall next to the fireplace mantle. Above the mantle, was a collection of swords and opposite them was a dark brown leather chair with a dirt red couch a few feet away from it. On the oak coffee table many books were piled, and you could see the kitchen through the rather large opening. Kagome could see the oak cabinets and steel sink with a steel refrigerator and electric convention oven.
She turned her attention back to the swords hung on the wall. Kagome could tell they were prized, for unlike the one she has seen him use earlier, the grips were not worn from sweaty palms and many nights work.
“Get away from those!” InuYasha ordered, shutting and locking the door.
“I was just looking…god,” Kagome replied, slamming down on the couch.
“You irritate me already,” He sighed, rubbing his temples.
“Good,” She answered, glaring.
“What do you not get about `you are living with an assassin'?! I could kill you with out a seconds notice or thought! Takana doesn't have to tell me this time! All I have to do is decide you're an annoying little brat and poof! Your gone and not my problem anymore!” InuYasha yelled.
“I don't care if you murder me! I actually wish you did earlier that way I wouldn't be in this stupid confusion! And unlike you, no one has to tell me what to do. Takana uses you as a tool. He says kill and you do, just like a lost puppy. All of you are just some instrument that does all his dirty work!” She yelled back, gripping her hands into fists.
“That's not true! He cares about everyone of us, and is only doing this to guarantee our safety in the future!”
“Yeah right, you liar! My father used to work for him underneath the same promise and look what happened to him! As I said, your just a tool that does his dirty work and-“
Kagome was cut off by a persistent knock on the door.
InuYasha stomped over to the door, yanking it open with a look of murder on his face, “What?!”
His partner stood there amused, tapping his foot, “Well, I must say Inu, I never figured you had to guts to bring a girl into your apartment,”
“Go away Aki,” InuYasha sighed, as the teenage boy stepped into the apartment.
“No. Dude, you have a girl in your apartment! I want to check her out! Maybe you actually got a hot one,” Aki exclaimed with a grin on his face and his bright blue eyes glinting with mischief. He ran a hand through his short black hair.
“Aki, your hopeless,”
“Isn't it great?!”
“No, honestly, it's very sad,”
“Anyway, where is she?” Aki asked, craning his neck about.
“She is right here,” Kagome answered crossly, folding her arms over her dark blue pajama top that went with the baggy, soft pants.
“Whoa….Dude….did you know you have a girl in your apartment?!” Aki exclaimed.
“Yeah Aki. It's kind of hard to miss,” He sighed.
Kagome cocked an eyebrow as the male walked in circles around her, “May I inquire as to what you are doing?”
“I'm-“ Aki was cut off by more knocking
“What?!” InuYasha snapped again, opening the door.
“I heard you had a girl in your apartment,” Sesshomaru answered coldly, “And I wondered what my little moron brother would be doing with a girl in his room,”
InuYasha sighed, “Go see for yourself,”
“Hmm…decent posture, nice face…” Sesshomaru noted.
“Stop looking at meee!” Kagome whined, flopping stomach first onto the couch and covering her head.
“Well-“ Sesshomaru was now cut off.
InuYasha stomped over to the door, yanking it open and yelling, “WHAT?! YES I HAVE A GIRL IN MY ROOM! SHUT UP!”
Miroku blinked, “I know InuYasha, but if you want to make something of it…”
“Miroku, shut up. What do you want?”
“I wanted to borrow a soda, but you know, I think we need to have a talk,”
InuYasha stamped over to the refrigerator, grabbing a soda and thrusting it into his hands, “Go,”
“Now, I know its common male instinct to have an obsession with girls but-“
“GO MIROKU!” InuYasha yelled slamming the door shut and sighing only to see more people in his living room, “Everyone out! Out right now! Go party somewhere else,”
“But dude! You have a girl in your apartment! Do I have to spell it out?” Aki asked, “G-double-I-R-L”
InuYasha cocked an eyebrow, “Yes, thank you for that interesting fact Aki, now out! You too Sesshomaru. OUT!”
“Oh yeah! Takana wants to see you and the girl tomorrow at twelve,” Aki yelled as he was pushed out the door along with Sesshomaru. Well, Sesshomaru kind of walked out, but it was all the same.
“Takana knows? God I swear news travels fast!”
“Whaddya expect? You live with tons of men around you!”
“Great to know, now….go away.” InuYasha slammed the door, locking it and waiting for the sound of their footsteps to fade away.
Kagome peeked out an eye, “Can I stop hiding now? Or are more people going to come look at me like a piece of meat,”
“No, they are gone,” He sighed.
“Great!” She chirped, jumping up, “I'm going to bed then.”
InuYasha pointed to a closed door left of the fireplace and watched the girl twirl, spin, hum and jump to the door. Kagome did anything walk but towards that door, and frankly it bugged him.
“Can you not walk like a normal person?”
“Nope!”
With that she shut the door and jumped onto the oak four poster bed with a tan comforter and sheet set. Kagome buried her head into the soft pillow and closed her eyes while groping around for her stuff dog. The toy was no where to be found. She yanked open the door, “Where's Baka?!”
“Baka?” InuYasha asked, cocking an eyebrow from his place on the chair.
“Yes, Baka my stuffed dog. The little white one I had with me earlier!”
“You left him on the couch,”
“Oh,”
InuYasha walked into the bedroom now that she was out of it to take his nightly shower. He closed his eyes as the smell of smoke and blood was washed away by the scalding water. Sure it was a bit insane, but InuYasha found out a long time ago hot water helped with everything. A gentle knock sounded on the bathroom door.
“What now?”
“I wanted to say thank you,” Kagome said quietly, cuddling the dog to her chest from the other side of the bathroom door.
“For what?”
This girl must be really dumb to be thankful for him almost killing her tonight.
“For not killing me,” she answered, sliding down the locked door.
“You don't know that I still won't,” He answered, watching the red water swirl down the drain.
Kagome was silent for a moment, “I don't think you will,”
InuYasha looked towards the door as her footsteps faded into the living room and he heard the static of the T.V being turned on. He sighed, leaning his head against the shower and turning off the water. Why couldn't he kill her those hours ago? He had never choked on an assignment before, so what happened this time? Why was she so different from those other numerous people who were destined to her same ending, who he had no problem ending their life? And last of all….why was he attracted to her?
He stepped out of the tub, glancing in the fogged up mirror. Steam clung to his long silver hair as he pulled on a pair of black sweatpants and walked out towards where Kagome had left.
“Hey, uh…you're sleeping…”
Kagome was curled up on the couch, with her face buried in a pillow and the stuffed dog cradled to her chest. Her raven hair was thrown everywhere from when she had obviously collapsed onto the couch. InuYasha gently picked her up, and carried her to the bed located in the bedroom. He studied her for a minute as she sighed in her sleep and then proceeded to pull up the comforter over the girl's shoulder. Tomorrow was going to be a long day.
 
~&~&~&~&~&~&~&~&~&~
So…ta-da! The end of chapter one! ^^ Please let me know what you think!