InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Listen ❯ The Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Beginning

disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha :-(





Kagome glanced at the clock for the umpteenth time and sighed, yet again. She hated math and she still had 20 minutes to go. KAgome may be the smartest student in 11th grade, but she was allowed to hate a class or two.
As the minutes passed by, she absent mindedly took notes from what the teacher was writing on the chalk board. Then, suddenly, the bell rang and Kagome was released from the dreaded class of doom number one. * On to dreaded class number two.* Kagome thought as she entered the Biology classroom, taking a seat beside her best friend.
" Hey Kagome!" Sango exclaimed cheerfully as Kagome placed her books on the desk.
" You're sounding cheerful today. What's the deal?"
" Were gettin to pick lab partners! This might be my chance to finally sit beside Miroku!" Sango said dreamily.
Kagome looked past Sango's head and glanced at Miroku flirting with a group of girls. She just didn't get what Sango saw in him.
" And what about me? Who am I suppose to sit next to??" Kagome asked, feeling slightly betrayed.
" Kagome, don't be silly. You're the most popular girl in school! Anyone would want to be partners with you!"
Kagome blushed," I guess you're right."
" Of course I am!" Sango smiled cheekily and then turned around. She waved at Miroku when he noticed she was looking at him and he told her to come over. Sango hurriedly left her seat and Kagome and joined Miroku.
Once Sango left, a herd of guys came racing towards Kagome. One guy,in particular, even made a move on her.
" Why hello Koga. I'd say it was nice to see you but lying is against my religion." Kagome said sweetly.
" Hey Kago-" Koga looked at the surrounding males, " Do you mind?! Or do I have to hurt ya?" At that, everyone moved quickly away. Noone would defy Koga, unless they'd want to be killed.
Just then, someone walked inand handed the teacher, who was typing too rapidly on his computer to care about anything, a note and was told to take a seat. At once, all of the girls began peering over at him, excited about the new boy. All of the girls except for Sango who was eyein Miroku and Kagome who was desperately trying to get rid of Koga. Neither Kagome nor Koga noticed that the new boy took a seat beside them. Everyone in that area,had already left, afraid.
" Koga, I told you no!"
" C'mon baby, it'd be a night you'd never forget." Koga placed his finger on her cheek and began to slwoly trail it down, making its way past her neck.
" DON'T TOUCH ME!" Kagome yelled. Noone seemed to notice. No one excpet for one person that is.
" What are you gonna do about it? '' Kago began to lean forward to kiss Kagome.
" Stop it Koga!" Kagome said, harshly.
" Make me."
Kaogme went to slap him but he grabbed both of her arms and disabled her, not allowing her to move. She continued to struggle, but Koga just kept gettin closer.
" I beleive she told you not to touch her."
Koga stopped and turned around. Above him stood a tall silver-haired boy.
" What did you say?" Koga asked threateningly.
" Are you deaf? I think I said it loud enough."
" You'd better watch your mouth little man."
" Or you'll what, little boy ?"
" Or, I'll kill you."
" I'd like to see you try." The new guy said challengingly.
The classroom grew suddenly very quiet. Nobody went up against Koga. NOBODY.
Koga began to gte up from his seat, but the teacher interupted.
" Alright class, please take your seats. I have some announcements to make."
Koga grudgingly looked at Inuyasha and made his way back to his original seat and sat down. Kagome then noticed that her savior had resided back into the seat beside her.
" Alright then. First announcement is that we have a new student. Everyone, welcome Inuyasha." The teacher said and pointed to the back of the room where Inuyasha sat.
The whole class recited as one," Hello." Inuyasha rolled his eyes and shifted uncomfortably in his seat.
" The second announcement is that we will be receiving new lab partners today, but instead of allowing you to choose, I've decided to do it alphabtically." The teacher smiled happily as the class groaned." Very well then. let's start."
The teacher droned on a bit and then he said" Kagome and Inuyahsa shall be working at lab table number 4. Please move into your new seats."
Kagome began to feel nervous as she picked up her books, retreating to her new seat. She didn't know what to say to the guy that saved her from Koga. Inuyasha soon came over and sat his books down on the table. The teacher retained his droning on and on.
" Um...," Kagome started as soon as they were both situtated," th-thanks for helping me b-back there. I-uh-I..."
" What? Do you have a stuttering problem? Spit it the hell out."
* What the...how DARE he!!!! Here I am tryin to thank him and all he can do is insult me!? Well I never!*
" What?!" Kagome exclaimed in the loudest whisper she could sustain.
" Is this a school for the deaf? I'm really not one for repeating myself." Inuyasha said, his voice laced with sarcasm.
" Well, you better get used to it buster, cause just for being a jerk while I was tryin to thank you, I'm gonna make your life a living hell."
" I'd like to see you try." Inuyasha snapped.
" I don't try, Inuyasha. I succeed."
The two sat in silence and remained that way until the bell rang.