InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Little Bits ❯ Chase ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: This piece is based on 'Inuyasha', owned by Rumiko Takahashi. No copyright infringement intended or implied.

Chase

The dog soared through the night air, following that luscious smell, knowing that this time he would catch her. Landing on a mountaintop, he glanced down at the smaller dog. How could she ignore him, especially now? Was he not magnificent?

She looked up and yawned, before settling her jaw on her leg. Too big, she conveyed.

With a snort, he flew down, shrinking as he went. Landing next to her, he was now only slightly larger than she, but still just as magnificent. He struck a pose again, but could not resist lowering his head to get a closer sniff of her enticing odor.

A whirlwind of palest pink shoved his nose away. She smiled at him. Trying not to growl, he followed her lead.

"What more do you want, my lady?" He demanded, shifting from foot to foot, afire to consummate their union. "I've given you jewels, magic spells; I even built a palace for you! What more do you want?"

She lowered her golden eyes, gazing up through her lashes, her smile turning coy. The whirlwind pushed him back, and her lithe, long-eared form took to the air. He yowled in frustration and followed. Blasted female! She was not getting away again! Enough teasing!

* * * * *

She galloped through the sky, laughing inside. The Inu no Taisho was so handsome when he was frustrated! She'd give him what he wanted.

Eventually.

After all, she'd already caught him.


Author's Note: This drabble was written for the Issikewa community on LiveJournal, for contest #67, 'Catch' theme. It was originally posted on January 9, 2009.