InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Live On ❯ A Soul Departed, Another Captured ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey peeps! This is the first fic that I've posted on this site, so I don't exactly know what will happen. If it's all screwed up, then you can just yell at me, or send me an angry e-mail. I need the help! Anyways, enough of me babbling on about nothing, on to the fic! ^_^ Enjoy!

Disclaimer-I never knew how annoying this was; I do not own any of the following characters! All rights are reserved for whomever these characters belong to! Grrrrr

Chapter 1

A Soul Departed, Another Captured

~-~

Sunlight glinted off the blade in the young girl's hand. Several bodies lay around her and she stood in a puddle of blood. Her body-hugging white and dark blue cat suit was spattered with the blood of her target's employees and followers, and her hair ebony hair blew lightly in the wind. She smiled a sadistic smile and her eyes gleamed with pleasure, a cerulean glint apparent from where her opponent stood. He saw the young assassin smile and knew that even with his gun he was going to die that day. He closed his eyes and bowed his head saying a very quick prayer for his followers who had died protecting him that day.

The young woman let out a wordless yell as she charged at the man who she was supposed to kill. She jumped high above him and before he could react she had landed behind him. She raised her kodachi but before she struck him she apologized to him.

"I'm sorry, and may you go to heaven." And slashed him from his right shoulder to his hip, cutting him in two. Blood spewed everywhere, and drenched the girl. She flung the blood from the weapon she took from one of her victims and stuck it in the belt along with her other sword and guns. She looked up at the crimson sunset and thought how ironic it was that the sunset was blood red, almost symbolizing the blood that was spilt at her hands that evening. She smiled and speed off to her employer to get paid for her work.

~-~

The sky had long lost it's light, and had steadily grown to the dark grey color it was presently. Thunder rumbled deep in the throat of the storm somewhere far away, but still, close enough to hear. A young girl trudged her way down the ally, her head bowed, her raven black hair covering her emotionless face. Rain poured down on to the young girl's head, but she couldn't care less. A single red rose hung limply in her right hand, the thorns embedded into her skin. A trail of blood mixed with cold rainwater marked the long path she had taken. People rushed past her in search of some shelter from the now pouring rain. Newspapers and books held over their heads to provide some relief the eerie wetness. Cars whizzed by in front of her, and then stopping abruptly when she walked across. She walked on, not once looking up to show the dreary world the pain behind her blue-violet eyes.

`Not that anyone would care,' she thought, ` not that there would be anyone to care,'

She reached a familiar building and stopped. Looking up at the building, she started to trudge again. This time though, she had a destination, the bench by the wall of the building. She sat down on the wooden seat and bowed her head so that her bangs covered her eyes. Her hand released the rose and it fell silently to the ground, landing in a puddle on the edge of the curb. A car passed by, drenching the already drenched girl once again. The rose swept away a rush of water off the sidewalk, onto the side of the street, and rushed down the drain just yards away.

She had been on the streets her whole life, but not like this. Then she had a home that she could, and did, eventually go to if she chose. It wasn't that she hadn't seen people who she loved die infront of her before, it was that this was her fault, and not another's. There was something about seeing her mother die that got her, not death. Now, everything she had was lost, in a split second. In a blink of an eye, all she had ever known, all she had ever loved, and all she ever owned was gone. Just like that. And no one cared, no one. The scene ran through her head over and over:

A man jumping in front of her, grabbing her and dragging her off to a back alley. Him muscling her against a wall and beginning to remove her clothing. Her struggling in the man's strong grasp, but him withstanding the counterattacks. He had gotten her off guard and tired, she had just finished a mission. Her mother turning the corner with groceries, and a single rose on top of the bags. The groceries falling and her mother running to her aid. Her being thrown to the ground, her armor askew, her cat suit ripped, and bruises forming around her neck, arms, and thighs, a rope around her wrists behind he back. The gun the man pulled out, bang, bang, bang, bang. Four times. Her mother falling to the ground, her eyes open and glassy. The blood pooling around her, and the man fleeing from the scene.

"Mama!"

Silent tears mixed with water and ran down her face, dripping off her chin.

"Mama, why did you do that, why? It was my fault for walking the back way home from school and not bringing my katana. That wasn't supposed to happen. Mama!" Kagome whispered.

A car stopped in front of her. She heard a car door open and then slam shut again, then footsteps on wet pavement. The footsteps stopped abruptly in front of her, She could see bare feet just barely in her range of vision. The feet coughed and she looked up slightly, and then all the way. She saw him, when she made eye contact, her pupils dilated slightly and her eyes glowed bright crimson with cerulean blue glints for a brief second before returning to normal.

"You're the one, aren't you," she said, something squirmed to get away from him in side of her, but outside, she stayed perfectly still on the outside, locked in his gaze.

"I believe that was my line," he said in a voice that was like no other, keeping eye contact with her. She was the first to move by putting her head down and shadowing her eyes. Somehow she knew who he was, but she didn't know anything about him also. He just was, as was she.

"Let me help you," he said laying a hand on her shoulder. She felt him put his hand on her, but also the slight prick of a needle, just before she fell unconscious.

~*~

Kagome's eyes fluttered open and she sat up quickly. Then is when she remembered, remembered everything. Her life was now like a dream, and she was watching it float slowly by. She looked up and examined the room she was in.

She had been placed on a messy futon in the center of a huge room. The walls were white and had only one painting on them, which just happened to be placed directly across from where the young woman sat. It was of young woman that looked a lot like herself. The floorboard were painted black, and held no furniture, the only exception being the futon where she looked on. It smelled like rotting wood and mold on top of it all. The only door was to her left, and after considering escaping, she came to the resolution that she would let her captor do what he or she pleased with her, because after she got out of there, she would kill herself. That was if her host didn't save her the trouble. She looked down at where her soaking wet clothing used to be, and in it's place was a miko's kimono. She some how knew that the man who had taken her had was not the person who redressed her. If he had been, she wouldn't have cared.

A noise from within the hallway awakened her from her trance. She jumped up and stood in a defensive stance facing the door. If they were going to kill her, then she wanted them to remember her for the rest of their now considerably shortened life. The door started to slide open and she readied herself for the attack. The door fully opened and revealed a shadowed figure. Unable to tell whom the figure was, Kagome hesitated and waited until she was able to see the eyes of the figure. They were amber, a youkai She attacked with her almost god-like speed, but he was slightly quicker. He caught her fist and blocked her kick. As she withdrew, he grabbed her and held her arms behind her back.

"You are still injured, Kagome. You are in no condition to fight," said a calm but arrogant voice. Her eyes widened at the mention of her name. A slightly sharp intake of air that would not be heard by the normal human was heard by the boy's dog-like ears.

"How do you know my name?" Kagome questioned, growling it out as if doing so would take away all knowledge of her from him.

"Oh, we know all about you, Higurashi Kagome," Said an amused voice tauntingly, "about how your little brother and grandfather were killed in a car accident, and how your mother was recently killed by a thug. Yes, we know all about you." Then she recognized the voice; he was one of the many people who came to her during her mother's funeral to apologize to her, to tell her good things about her mother, and wish her good luck.

"Inuyasha, that's your name. Am I correct?" she asked, ice dripping from every word as she slipped out of his grasp and regaining her composure. He clapped mockingly and smirked.

"Very good! Maybe you are the chosen one, miko."

"How do you know that? You're mocking me aren't you? You half-breed," She countered going back to the fighting stance

"Rourrrrrr, aren't you a feisty one?" said the boy infront of her. "And as I said, we know lots about you,"

"Why do you keep calling me `the one' or `the chosen one'?" Kagome quizzed again

"Easy on the questions, Kag, you'll get them answered eventually." Said the boy holding up his hands defensively.

"What's all the racket down here? Don't you know we have a captive being held here?" said a calm voice. The same voice of the man who took her here. The boy let down his guard and stepped back a step to poke his head out of the room. Kagome took full advantage of the situation and attacked him. Her fist connected with his neck and instantly knocked him unconscious. He fell unceremoniously to the floor at her feet. She took off down the hall I an attempt to escape. However, it was in vain, for the man was much quicker that she. He easily caught up and materialized infront of her.

"You go no further," said the man, strangely enough, he made no effort to stop her from back flipping and landing like a cat would, regaining her fighting stance. He `fell' sideways and then disappeared, but she could still feel him. He was dancing around in circles around her.

"Stop playing games already!" she yelled attacking. She hit her mark, his shoulder. His armor shattered and fell to the ground.

"Impressive," he said, turning his head to blow the dust from his shoulder, but never once taking his eyes from the heavily breathing girl infront of him.

"Tell me, who are you? Why am I the one you chose? Wouldn't someone else do as good of a job? You are the chosen one, not me! You are `the talk of the town' so to speak. You are well known in the community of manslayers such as myself. Yet, no one seems to know your name," said Kagome demandingly

"My name is Sesshomaru, and I think you have my brother and I mixed up I'm afraid. My half brother, Inuyasha, is the one whom you speak of; he is the chosen one, as are you. Your other questions will be answered at a later time." Said Sesshomaru

"You mean that worthless half-breed is one of the few chosen? Damn, our good name is spoiled!" said Kagome half surprised, half disgust, blocking a kick and a punch from the man.

"I agree, he is not worthy of the title, yet still, he has time to prove himself." Sesshomaru agreed, blocking a few kicks.

"Sesshomaru, where have I heard your name before?" Kagome puzzled out loud, throwing a few punches followed by a high kick.

"I'm surprised that it took you *grunt* that long to figure out that you had hear of me before. I am equally surprised that you did not recognize me at first glance. You took me as my half brother. I am ashamed of being accused of being such a person." Said Sesshomaru, failing to block a knee to the stomach

"I hit you I hit you!" taunted Kagome playfully jumping out of the way of a kick.

"You do realize that I am not really fighting you," said Sesshomaru all knowingly

"Hai, but I'm not really fighting you either," said Kagome in the same tone

"Hey guys, I'm trying to sleep down here so could you keep the fighting down!" yelled a young woman down the hall, her head sticking out of the room at ground level, her eyes flat in annoyance. Sesshomaru turned his head to look at the source of the voice and Kagome stopped her attack and peeked around Sesshomaru to look also.

"Go to Hell Sango, he won't stop, and neither will she," said a peeved voice from another room.

"Fuck you Inu, I'm already going there, and I don't need a reminder of it!" the Sango girl yelled back at him, and withdrew her head.

"Inuyasha, I think that was uncalled for," said a masculine voice behind Kagome, and she felt a hand brush lightly against her ass. Her head grew three mad marks and she turned around and punched him in the face, effectively shutting him up, and knocking him to the ground uncurious.

"Master Sesshomaru, Master Sesshomaru, I have a message for you." Said an annoyingly high voice from behind her.

"Jaken, another time," Sesshomaru said dully

"But is of the utmost importance Sir!" said a little green frog that Kagome saw when she turned around. Sesshomaru opened his mouth to answer him, but Kagome spoke first,

"God damnit! Where is the hole all the maggots keep crawling from?!" Demanded Kagome angrily plopping herself down on the floor against the wall Indian-style, her hand supporting her chin, and her other under her elbow on her leg. She piercingly stared up at the man who had brought her here in the first place, Sesshomaru.

There ya' go peeps, the first chapter! Sorry it wasn't very long, the next one will be longer, I promise! Thanks for reading my fic! Oh, and if you don't review, then I won't write the second chapter! My ransom is 4 reviews! ^_^ Thanks!