InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Live On ❯ Welcome Home ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I have nothing to say…BUUUWAAAAAAA!!!! Did I scare you? Of course I didn't, you didn't hear me yell!

Live by four rules rules;

relax

don't worry so much

get more sleep

eat more chicken

Because in the end, everything tastes like chicken,

and chicken, is good

[teen swim]

Disclaimer-I don't own anything, especially Inuyasha and the gang, I'm broke! : p

Chapter 2

Welcome Home

~-~

Kagome awakened to a yell and a crash, she didn't remember falling asleep at all.

"Kuso," she cursed under her breath, she must have been sedated again because of the slowly growing headache that appeared as she woke up. She sat up, but was surprised to find that she wasn't alone, the boy hanyou, Inuyasha, slept against the wall to her right. She silently stood and walked to the door.

`Almost there' she told herself. She felt a hand on her arm, right on top of her many bruises. She winced and the hand drew back, but the owner of the hand firmly stated

"Where do you think you're going?" She stopped just yards from the door

"Take a wild guess," she said sarcastically. She got no reply, only a thud and a cough. She looked back and he was against the wall gesturing for her to sit beside him. She turned around all the way and walked over to where the hanyou was leaning. About three feet away from him, she took a seat.

"So… what do you think of my humble home?" Inuyasha asked trying to get a conversation started.

"…" she gave him a sideways glance as if to say `what do you think?' she snorted and said finally "So you're another chosen,"

"You avoided the last question," said the teen next to her

"What do you think? I was kidnapped, put in a large blank room in which there is no bathroom, I have a huge migraine coming on because of your stupid fucking sedatives you keep using on me, and I'm still a little down because my mother just died. You avoided my question also," Kagome said in one breath. There was a pause and then

"Hai, I am one of the ones that were chosen. What about it? You were chosen too!"

"Hai, but I know that, I've know that since they started to pick. So why all of a sudden does that mean that you and your bubba can go prancing around calling me `the chosen one'!" Kagome said angrily

"… Bubba?" asked Inuyasha

"Yup, bubba." Repeated Kagome

"You just called Sesshomaru my `bubba'…" said Inuyasha turning to face her

"YES! I did," Yelled Kagome. Inuyasha started to laugh so hard he doubled over clutching his stomach. A very bemused Kagome looked over at him, flattened her eyes, leaned over and flicked him hard in the head. He didn't seem to notice the touch so she flipped off baseball cap that was on backwards.

"Oh my gosh! You have dog ears!" said Kagome gasped out. Inuyasha abruptly stopped laughing, and winced at her last comment.

"Well you would have found out sooner or later, go ahead and yell and scream or tell me how I'm a hanyou and worthless and ugly. Just tell me how much you hate me if it make you feel better," said Inuyasha closing his eyes and bracing himself for the oncoming insults, but they never came. Instead he felt her hand on one of his ears tugging and rubbing as if making sure they were really there. Despite himself he leaned into the touch and made a noise like a purr deep inside his throat. Smiled slightly and did more rubbing rather that pulling. She ran her hand down his hair and then went back up to his ears. He felt her hand move from his ear to his hair, her fingernails near his scalp on their way down his hair. He shivered slightly and the hand went back up the ear.

"Oh puppy-wuppy yikes de ear wub." Said Kagome in a cute baby voice, smiling for the first time in weeks. Inuyasha growled and twitched his ear away from the girl's grabby hands.

"What happened to all the yelling at me about being a hanyou an all?" questioned the girl, curious on why her reaction was different than everyone else's.

"Oh, I just like dogs, that's all." She said casually

"So you don't mind me being a hanyou?" asked Inuyasha carefully.

"No, why? Should I be?" Frowning, Kagome asked innocently.

"No, no. It's just that everyone else just hated me and made fun of me because I was a half-breed." Said Inu gloomily.

"Well, if I live long enough you will learn by being around me that I am not your normal person. I don't go by the standards, and I haven't read the rule book of life." Said Kagome looking off in to space at the wall ahead of her.

"Why if you live long enough?" quizzed the half youkai

"If you and your gang don't kill me and save me the trouble, then I will just have to do it my self." Said the young woman simply

"I guess I can't leave you alone then can I?" Said Inu

"You don't plan to kill me?" Asked Kagome

"No, what put that idea in your head?" said Inuyasha, slightly surprised.

"Well, you did kidnap me, and you did lock me in this room, so I just thought…" Kagome was cut short

"You thought wrong." Said Inuyasha firmly,

"Well then, why am I here?" asked Kagome looking at her lap

"You are one of the chosen, and Sesshomaru is the leader of the chosen," Said Inuyasha simply, "He just doesn't know it yet." Kagome's mouth formed a perfect o and she looked at him. He looked back, and their eyes were caught in a penetrating gaze. His glowing golden eyes seemed to go right through her. She shivered and looked at her hands in her lap, effectively breaking the trance.

"Why doesn't he know yet?" asked Kagome quietly

"Because he has to look for himself, I'm not about to tell him. It took me forever to find out that I was one of the chosen few." Said Inuyasha annoyed

"So, is there a bathroom in this place? And is there food at all?" asked Kagome deciding to change the subject.

"Aa, but I doubt Sessho will let ya' out again after what you pulled yesterday. I'll go get something to eat for you, and, I'll have to sneak you to the bathroom." Inuyasha stated simply

"Umm, thanks," said Kagome watching the boy that was sitting next to her a moment ago moving toward the door.

"Keh," He said in reply. When she was alone again, she leaned against the wall, her bangs covering her eyes, and sighed a heavy sigh.

`Why am I not able to hate them the way I want to? I just don't feel so sad around them I guess. But, why? Is every one in this household one of the chosen few? Is that why I fit in?' Kagome thought. The door slid open and she looked up; Inuyasha was standing in the doorway with a tray in one hand.

"Here's your food," he said walking over to her and plopping down.

"Thanks," said Kagome taking the food he handed her.

I'll sneak you to the bathroom after you eat," said Inuyasha standing up and walking to the door. Kagome watched him walk off.

`His hair is so long and beautiful… wait… Ack! Did I just think that? Oh shit, I've been hit by one too many of those sleeping darts,' thought Kagome.

She shook her self mentally and picked up the chopsticks that were provided for her. If it were poisoned, then so be it, life didn't matter to her anymore.

The meal consisted of old tasting soggy meat that fell apart when she tried to pick it up, cold rice dry rice that was stuck together, and a cup of strange white liquid that didn't smell like anything she ever smelled before. She ate the meat like substance and the nasty rice, but decided to leave the white stuff in the glass. When she finished, she set the tray down and stood.

"Inuyasha, I'm finished," said Kagome quietly. The door slid open and a the boy popped his head in,

"How did you know I was out there? I could have gone somewhere else for all you knew,"

"No, I knew you were out there. You were out there the whole time listening to me eating, while you paced," said Kagome flat eyed with an annoyed tone of voice.

"H-how did you k-know that?" stuttered Inuyasha

"I'm a miko, you're a youkai," she replied simply to his undignified speech. "Well, half at least." She corrected. Inu regained his composure,

"Keh, what's that's supposed to mean?" said the dog-eared boy arrogantly.

"Anyways, where's the bathroom?" asked Kagome standing on her tiptoes and peaking over her shoulder into the hall.

"Hey, don't do that! You might draw attention to yourself!" said Inuyasha angrily under his breath.

"Fuck off! I've got to piss!" Kagome responded in a loud whisper. Brushing past him, only to be caught with a hand over her mouth to stifle the squeak she made when he lifted her. He felt her tongue against his hand, which relaxed under the wet touch, and then her teeth against his finger.

"Eew! I can't believe I just licked your hand! Who knows were it's been!" sputtered Kagome quietly, spitting on the ground.

"What'd ya' do that for you wench?! You bit me!" said Inuyasha wiping the spittle on his jeans and then examining his bloody finger. "Damn woman, you bite hard!" he said in a harsh whisper brandishing the finger she just wounded in her face.

"Kuso, and you think that's my fault? You were the one who put your hand over my mouth!" Kagome almost yelled

"Don't yell! You'll make the others come down here!" Inuyasha said at the same volume

"Don't you tell me not to yell! You hypocrite, you yelled too!" Kagome yelled now ticked

"Shutup! They'll hear you!" Yelled Inuyasha trying to silence Kagome

"DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO EVEN BE TALKING TO ME RIGHT NOW YOU ASSHOLE! YOU AND YOUR CLAN CAME AND NOT ONLY KIDNAPPED ME, BUT KEEP ME FROM KILLING MYSELF AND REJOINING MY MOTHER!" Yelled Kagome at the top of her lungs, her breathing ragged and angry. Inuyasha covered his ears and winced when she yelled.

"Damn girl, you sure have a good pair of lungs!" said a young girl in the doorway.

"Who-are-you?" asked Kagome in between breaths, she was livid.

"I'm Sango, the chosen one from Kawagoe," said the strange girl waking out to her with her hand raised. Kagome took her hand and shook it. Inuyasha sweatdropped and facefaulted.

"So I was right, you all are chosen ones from other towns here," said Kagome more to herself than Sango.

"You saw me and Miroku in the hallway earlier. He is the chosen one from, etoo, I forgot, demo Inu's from Tokyo!" Said Sango "You are going to stay here until our tasks are done-"

"Demo-" Kagome cut her off

"No buts! It's not a choice." Sango butted in just as rudely

"W-when did this happen?" asked Inuyasha from his place on the ground

"Oh, just now. I was in a meeting with Sesshomaru and we decided that was best. I was coming to down here to tell you when I heard you two yelling at each other." Sango stated

"Hey what's all the noise about?" asked a young man through a yawn, poking his head in the room

"Go back to be Miroku, we're just having a rather loud discussion. Oh well, now your awake, come here," commanded Sango, gesturing to him to come in the room. The teen dragged himself in the room, his staff jingling. He had on a monk's clothing on but he had prayer beads wrapped around his right hand and arm. Kagome realized that she was staring at his hand and quickly looked away.

"`S up," he asked in a dull voice nodding to Inuyasha and Kagome

"I just got out of a meeting with Sesshomaru and he and I decided that Kagome will stay here until our deeds are done." Explained Sango slightly annoyed

"Oh, that's nice. Can I go back to sleep now?" He asked sleepily

"Yes," said Sango now thoroughly annoyed. The older boy trudged out of the room

"Don't mind him, he's just a corrupt monk. That was Miroku, I'm sure you way him earlier too. Infact, I believe he was the second guy you knocked out in five minutes yesterday." Sango joked

"This is all fine and dandy, but I reeeeaaaly need to pee right now," said Kagome shifting from foot to foot rapidly

"Oh, yes." Said Sango turning on her heel and walked out, showing her the location of the restroom

~-~

Later that day-

"Kagome! Dinner!" Yelled Sango from the end of the hall. Kagome looked up from her position in the corner of the room that she had been given. Her arms were wrapped around her knees that were brought up to her chest, her head on her knees. She put her head back on her knees. A moment later,

"Kagome? Dinner is ready," said Sango sliding the door open and seeing the younger girl's position, she walked over to her and placed a hand on her back. "Hey, you ok?" asked Sango

"Ya," said Kagome looking up exposing her tear-streaked face, "I will be. Thanks Sango<"

"Come on, your food's getting cold," said Sango soothingly, rubbing her back and then standing. Kagome stood and wiped the tears from her eyes and then her cheeks.

"I'm going to wash my face and then I'll come," said Kagome sniffing

"You know where the bathroom is, right?" Sango asked

"Hai," replied Kagome wiping her eyes again nodding

" Ok, se ya then," said Sango walking with her as far as the bathroom and then walking on to the dining room.

Kagome closed the bathroom door and walked over to the sink. She stared at her reflection and then turned on the water. She cupped her hands and splashed water on her face and then groped around for a towel. The towel smelled like fresh cut grass and sweet smoke. A mixture of dark and light smells. She shook her head and wondered whose towel it was. She took a wad of toilet paper and blew her nose in it. She threw the snotty paper away and walked out.

So, what do ya' think? I really need help planning the third and fourth chapter. I promise the next one will be extra long, I know I know, I said this one would be a long one, but hey, it was longer than the first! N-e-ways, I would like more reviews than I got last time, so REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks! ^_^