InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Live On ❯ Enter: Psycho *itch ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yo peeps! I know I know, I haven't updated forever, but I got to do stuff like, hum, school!! Well I'm not in school yet but I have to cut myself off this stuff so I don't do it during school. N E ways, just read it and forget you anger towards me.

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha-gume, but I do own Rei. So ask before you use her if ever you wish to.

A squirrel came by my window

And asked me whether I was a dog or not

I said no

And it barked at me.

[teen swim]

Chapter 7

~-~

Kagome woke up to darkness, and tried to go back to sleep. The attempt was futile. She went over to the closet and dressed, wincing when she treaded (A/N should that be trod?) on a warped floorboard. Fully dressed, she turned her light on and examined the floorboard. It easily lifted up to reveal an abyss. Well, it seemed like it until she dropped a rock from the flower vase down it. It seemed to only be about ten to fifteen feet deep. Five other boards were ripped up easily and thrown aside to provide access to the hole in the floor. She slowly lowered herself into what now she though was a dry well. She let herself drop, but was surprised when she didn't hit the bottom of the well. Instead, a purple light surrounded her. She felt almost weightless, but in all ended quickly.

Kagome found herself in the well, but was shocked when she looked up. There was no roof, and the floorboards were not there any longer.

"Holy shit!" she said under her breath and started to pull herself up out of the hole with the aid of the vines that grew there.

"Oh-my-God!" she breathed, looking around at her dark surroundings. It was a forest, a very dense one at that. Kagome stumbled her way through the foliage until she whammed into a huge tree.

"Itai, what was that?" Kagome rubbed her forehead. She put her hands out and felt the tree. She bent down to make sure that there was nothing sharp or hard at the base of the tree. With her back against the tree, she looked up at the slowly lightening sky. The others might worry when she didn't come to breakfast and would go looking for her. She knew that when someone found that she had a hole in the middle of the floor, that they would flip a u-e. (A/N did I spell that right? Was it u-ie, u-y u-ei or what?) Kaede would probably know what to do if everyone else didn't. Where was she, more to the point, [i]when[/i] was she? Of course Kagome didn't know that it was a different time, yet. The forest had a strange glow about it despite the darkness; through it was not enough to see with. She shut her eyes willed the sun to come up quickly.

When Kagome woke up again, the sun was up and it was early morning. Nine maybe she thought. She stood and brushed herself off, then headed in the direction that her instincts told her to move. After walking for about half an hour, Kagome came across a small boy that was collecting water from a crystal clear stream.

"Excuse me young sir. Would you please tell me where the village that you come from is? I'm-um-kind of lost." Kagome said nicely kneeling down on the other side of the large creek.

"Aa miss, it is that way." The boy said and pointed to a direction.

"Domo arigato," Kagome said happily and jumped across the stream easily, not noticing the boy's astonishment that she had done so. She started off at a jog towards the village, her spirits lifting at every sign of civilization that she passed. Her breath was beginning to become labored when she saw the village. She looked down on the village, it was defiantly primitive, and making her skeptic that she would find a phone there. She slowly started down the hill to the small town.

"Excuse me sir, would please tell me where I could find a phone?" Kagome asked politely

"Phone? What is a phone? If ye would like to speak nonsense, then please go find some children that are willing to listen." Said the man heaving a large bulky bag that made Kagome think of fish. She shook her head and tried a few other villages the same question with the same results. No phone and to go talk nonsense to the children.

She wandered through the market place only to be gawked at by everyone. She saw some of the ones in groups whispering as she passed. She caught some of one conversation.

"Do ye suppose she could be a demon?" asked one

"Yes, she looks suspicious." Said another one in a gravelly voice. Kagome was now pissed off at them.

"Oi! You think I'm a demon? Ever heard of the ear rule?" Kagome said showing them her ears, shutting them up quickly. "Ugh!" she moaned when she saw people clearing a path for her through the street as if scared of her.

"Young miss, is thou looking for a place to stay?" asked a woman kindly from the front of her shop or rather a primitive hotel.

"Um, do you have a phone?" Kagome asked fidgeting and looking at the ground.

"A phone? I have not heard of phone, but if thou wishes to speak to the Lady, then ye should say." Said the woman nicely and Kagome nodded. The woman went inside and called for Rei and then came back out accompanied by what Kagome supposed was Rei.

"This is Rei, and she will take you to the Lady's home." The woman said and waited. Kagome realized that she wanted money and she emptied her wallet and gave it to the woman. She looked at her strangely but took the green bills and foreign coins. Rei and Kagome headed off down the road to the Lady's home.

The house was a huge shrine, much like the one Kagome used to live in. I brought tears to her eyes when she thought of the life the she had before her mother died. She thought of her friends that she had and the school that she went to when she wasn't on a mission. Kagome sucked it up, wiped her tears away and willed herself not to blink so the tears wouldn't spill over. Rei didn't notice this, and if she did, then she ignored it. She just looked straight ahead, her face emotionless.

"We are almost there," Rei said with no emotion at all in her voice. Kagome looked at her strangely because of her lack of emotion, but shrugged it off. Kagome studied the girl, Rei. She had knee length sky blue hair, she was extremely tall-Kagome guess about five ten-and she seemed as stoned as Sesshomaru. It didn't affect her in the least bit when a small boy jumped out onto the landing of the stairs up to the shrine to scare them. Kagome was thoroughly freaked when this happened.

`Wow, this girl is weird.' Kagome thought wiping away the remains of her tears that spilled when the boy scared the shit out of her. Kagome took a deep shuddering breath and took the last step to the top and entered the house.

Rei stopped and knelt down by the slightly see-through door. Kagome followed suit.

"My Lady, a visitor is here to see you. She is asking for a `phone'." Rei said and stood up to leave

"Thank you Rei, you may leave." Said a strangely familiar voice, and Rei left Kagome kneeling infront of the door, scared. "Girl, what is you name?" asked the Lady

"Kagome, Lady." Kagome answered the woman, confused and trying to remember where she had heard the voice before.

"Well Kagome, will you please tell me where you are from?" Asked the almost cold voice

"I'm from Tokyo," Kagome said still thinking. She pinpointed it, and the voice was from a reoccurring dream that she had every so often when she was stressed. She let out an almost inaudible gasp that the lady didn't hear.

"Tokyo, I haven't heard of this town." Said the woman

"Well-um-could you tell me where I am?" asked Kagome unsure of what to say and baffled by the fact the she had heard this woman's voice in a dream

"We are in Mononoke, the village of the Miko Kikyo, which is my name." Said the Lady standing up and opening the door. She gasped when she saw Kagome. "Who are you?" asked Kikyo, staring at Kagome with wide eyes.

"I'm Kagome," Kagome told the woman who she realized went by Kikyo. Kagome's eyes, if possible, widened. The two gaped at each other for a while until Kikyo regained her composure.

"Are you a demon sent here by Naraku to impersonate me?" Asked Kikyo narrowing her eyes.

"N-Naraku? No, I fell into a well in my floor and I came here. I want to find a phone so that my friends can pick me up. I need to find a car or airplane, or something. You know, a car?" Kagome said sarcastically when she got a funny look from Kikyo.

"I will call a monk to confirm that. Guards!" yelled Kikyo and two large guards came in.

"Wha-wait?" Kagome said as she was picked up from the floor and carried from the room. Kagome, of course, fought against this, and was thrown to the ground with immense force. She threw her hands out to break her fall and was spared a knock out. Four more guards came into the room and they eventually subdued her. She was brought to a small room and tied to the wall.

"Let-me-go-you-damned-BASTARDS!" Kagome said through gritted teeth, struggling to get free. "DAMN IT! I'M-NOT-A-DEMON!" She screamed pounding on the shut door. She suddenly stopped

"This will work a whole lot better if I just let the stupid fucking monk check me so I can ask that psycho bitch." Kagome mumbled to herself noting to herself that she still had, if needed, the kodachi in hidden in her false leg. She had taken it out yesterday, but felt something strange in the pit of her stomach and decided to put it back in. `Good thinking Kag,' she congratulated herself on her good thinking, but her thoughts were spoiled when she heard the clinking of metal and footsteps.

"What do you want, you psycho bitch?" asked Kagome was annoyed when the door opened to reveal the psycho bitch and a fat old monk. (A/N ok I don't know the guy's name, but you know who he is. Miroku's raiser, tell me his name please!) She let the cap off her energy and let some of it seethe around her, invisible only to those who had no awareness of energy.

"Lady Kikyo, `s this the person you were refferin' to `s a demon?" asked the old fat man, from the smell of his breath and the slight slur of his speech, was drunk.

"Yes!" snapped Kikyo looking at Kagome irritably, seeming not to notice the energy pouring off her in waves.

"Well m'Lady, shesa miko!" said the drunk monk turning to the psycho bitch; Kagome had decided to call her by that for as long as she remained here.

"Whoa! The drunkard figured it out!" Kagome said sarcastically, putting the cap back on her energy. "And that was about one tenth of my full energy!" Kagome said with a humph and pushed herself passed the two and turned to them, at least she wasn't in that stale room anymore.

"I beg your pardon!" Kikyo said pulling herself up to her full height to try to intimidate Kagome, the attempt was futile.

"Yo, I'll be leaving now if you don't mind. I don't need help from a idiot village leader!" Kagome said he voice rising near the end. She turned on her heel and stormed off to try to find the well again. It may be her ticket home.

She was back at the river and she jumped it again, but this time there were several people there gathering water. They all gaped at the annoyed girl's back as she ran furiously on towards the well. She was what she thought was about half way to the well when she ran (no pun intended) into something. She was thrown to the ground a good bit away. There was a familiar ora around, but she couldn't put a finger on where she had felt it before. Nonetheless, she stood up growling and cursing the person who knocked her down.

She brushed herself off and readied to start running again when suddenly she saw a flash of silver and red go by. She frowned and then pinpointed the ora about the same time the blur recognized he scent.

"Kagome! Inuyasha!" they said simultaneously and turning to go back to the other.

"What the hell are you doing here?" asked Kagome

"Finding you, everyone else is in the village. Come on wench, let's go find them." Inuyasha said cockily

"Screw you! When did I become your wench?" asked Kagome her eyes flat, but breaking off at a run to the village. She was tired, other wise she would have sprinted, but it was still not enough to satisfy Inuyasha. He ran up beside her, giving her an annoyed look.

"You're going to slow!" he said and grabbed her by the wrist, pulling her onto his back. "ACK!" Kagome screeched and held on for dear life as he took off at top speed. The forest turned into a green blur, the wind wiped Inuyasha's hair into Kagome's face. To Inuyasha's surprise, Kagome screams of fear turned to ones of joy.

"THIS IS SO FUN!" she yelled, making Inuyasha wince and flattened his ears. Kagome saw this and pulled on his ears to get them up to their original position. It was Kagome's turn to be surprised when Inuyasha stopped right before they broke from the forest's shadow. "Why'd you stop?" Kagome whined letting go of his ears and sliding off his back. She turned to look at his face. His eyes were closed and he lips bore the slightest hints of a smirk.

"This is as far as I go," he said as her took off at ungodly speeds deep into the forest before Kagome could ask why. She shrugged and walked off into the village, asking people as she went whether they had seen three strange people. The crowds parted for her again and she saw them up ahead.

"HEY! KAEDE-OBASAN! SANGO! MIROKU!" Kagome yelled and sprinted off to them. Their heads turned to see Kagome's happy face. "Hey you guys!" Kagome said as she slowed and stopped up to them.

"Oh good, ye are found." Kaede said in a relieved voice, sighing and turning around.

"Hey Gome," said Sango smiling, Miroku just nodded and looked at the ground again, hiding his features with the shadow of his bangs. Kagome frowned at this but decided to ask later.

The group was again in the refuge of the forest, and everyone seemed to visibly relax.

"I had hoped I never would have to go there ever again," said Miroku looking up and giving a small smile to Kagome. "But, I'm glad we found you!" He said happily. Kagome's smile faltered when she remembered Inuyasha. As if on cue, Inuyasha appeared smirking.

"Well, I see you found each other." He said and turned around to lead the way. Kagome, Miroku, and Sango all exchanged glances and had to restrain hysterical laugher the rest of the way to the well.

~-~

K peeps, this took me a long time to write cause I had lots of stuff to do. Anyways, review and I'll try to update sooner. BY THE WAY! I WILL BE AT CAMP FOR A WEEK STARTING ON THE THIRD OF AUGUST! THANKX! ^_^