InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Live On ❯ Almost Showdown ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yo, if you're reading this but you didn't read the important notice, then click back two and READ IT! Ahem, thanks for the reviews, `Altiod' I love the reassurance! N E ways, don't ask, just play. Oh by the way, I don't know how to italicize, so I put [i] no da [i] around them. If it didn't work, then go complain to the managers or `evil puppy owners' lol. read

Why [i]did[i] the chicken cross the road?

I don't know.

I'm sill trying to find out other things,

Like whether the egg or the chicken came first.

Oh well,

Who needs a brain anyways?

[teen swim]

Chapter six

Almost Showdown

~-~

*review*

[i]"Good, I have a present for you. Kagome, you may go, and stop your ki." He said answering her question in the affirmative and waving her off.

"Domo Arigato, Naraku-sama." Kagome said giving Sango a worried glance as she passed by.

Once Kagome was seemingly gone, Naraku snapped his fingers three times.

"Emerge," he said rather crudely. A boy emerged, his features shaded by his bags. He carried a familiar weapon. He raised his head to the light and she saw his whole face. It felt like a bus had just hit her as she looked in his lifeless looking eyes. Sango gasped and dropped to her knees.

"Ko-Kohaku?"[i]

*end*

Ch. 6

"Yes Sango, it is." Naraku said in a cold voice. Sango knelt on the ground staring at the child. "Kill her Kohaku," Sango gasped when Naraku gave the order

"Yes Naraku-sama," he said and raised his reaper weapon on a chain

"Ko-ha-ku?" Sango said not bothering to block the boy's attack. Blood dripped from both the tip of the weapon and Sango's shoulder. Sango gave a shuttering gasp and touched the blood, her eyes wide.

"Yes, Sango." He said launching another attack

"Why?" was the simple question she asked taking Hiraikotsu from her back and blocking the attacks.

"Why what, sister?" asked Kohaku mockingly

"Kohaku, just kill her." Naraku ordered harshly, looking at the other side of the room

"Yes, Naraku-sama." He said flatly

Kagome had used her lightening like speed to zip over behind a pillar so that she could help Sango if she needed to. She unsheathed her sword so she could watch in the reflection. She did not act when she heard Naraku order a small boy to kill Sango, but she almost gasped when her new friend was attacked and injured in the shoulder and didn't react. She was attacked several more times but seemed to have a conversation between the boy and herself.

"Kohaku, just kill her." She heard Naraku order rather loudly. Kagome narrowed her eyes and sheathed he sword. She notched an arrow and emerged from her hiding place, directing her arrow at the boy's weapon. She let the arrow fly and it hit its target, cracking it. She pulled another from the quiver from her back and aimed at the boy's heart.

"Wait! Kagome! Don't kill… please don't kill… Kohaku." Sango cried out sadly to her recognizing the arrow.

"Wh-what?" asked Kagome redirecting the arrow at the boy's weapon, confused and then it clicked. "Kohaku?" she asked looking at Naraku quizzedly. Kohaku turned at the sound of his name, leaving him vulnerable to an attack, but Sango did not take the opportunity. Instead she stared blankly infront of her, her mouth slightly open.

"I do not know you. Who might you be?" Asked Kohaku turning back to Sango

"Wouldn't you like to know?" said Kagome sarcastically

"Suit yourself," he said simply and launched another attack towards Sango with his broken weapon. The blade was about to touch when another arrow hit it and split it into, the arrow impeding itself in the ceiling inches from the last one. He stood back and pulled out a sword.

That was when Kagome saw a light coming from his back. She gasped and thought that he was some sort of robot.

"Sango, he is [i]not[i] your brother! I thinks he's some sort of robot, he has a light in his back!" yelled Kagome across the immense room. Sango gasped and Naraku lifted his head and stared at her.

"I don't see it!" Sango yelled back after blocking another attack

"Kagome, you see a light in the boy's back? How could he be a robot if he is bleeding?" questioned Naraku amused but curious.

"Yea, but it may be just another trick," she said to herself and then raised her voice, "Hai, Naraku-san."

"-san now is it?" asked Naraku sill curious.

"Kagome, Sango, Sango?" Kagome heard familiar voices call from the hall.

"No! Inuyasha, Miroku! Don't! Go away!" yelled Kagome warningly braking the cold stare of Naraku for a fraction of a second.

"Kagome?" asked Inuyasha following her voice and opening the door a crack only to have two arrow land inches from his head.

"Ack!" Inuyasha responded to the arrows

"Hell Inuyasha, don't come in. We don't need you to come in here and `save us'!" Kagome yelled stringing he bow again, holding it over her head and using her ora she located him and shot still holding the stare of Naraku. She had aimed a few inches away from him just to scare him away.

"Don't forget I'm here too Inu," said Miroku somewhere outside and behind Inuyasha

"GO AWAY WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!" Kagome almost screamed and freaked out when she found she only had two arrows left and was not able to ward off Inuyasha again.

If Inuyasha had any doubt whatsoever that Kagome didn't need his help, then it was erased from his mind forever. He slammed the door open with his hand on his sword.

Kagome broke the cold glare from Naraku, showing that he won that staring contest, and he smirked. Kagome turned to the angry hanyou behind her and pulled out her sword.

"LEAVE!!!!" she yelled charging at the teen with her sword.

"NO! I WON'T LEAVE WITH OUT YOU AND SANGO!" he yelled back blocking her attack without unsheathing his sword.

Kagome jumped back and glared at him with cold eyes. He met her gaze and was slightly surprised to find that her normally blue/violet eyes were now stained with crimson with a hard cerulean gleam to them. They were locked in the cold stare for a few moments before Kagome spoke.

"Do what you wish, but do not hold me responsible. I warned you." She said icily and turned back around to Naraku, leaving her sword unsheathed.

`Sango, ready?' She asked with basic sign language that only the cat assassins knew. Naraku knew that she had just said something to her friend, but he didn't know what it was, so he responded by placing a weak shield of power around himself.

Sango nodded and ignored her `brother' and turned to her former employer.

"Naraku, prepare yourself." Sango said and took Hiraikotsu from her back.

"Now now Sango, we will do this another time maybe. For now, I must go attend to other matters. Remember that I am tracking you," He said and miasma filled the room. When it cleared, neither Naraku nor Kohaku were in sight.

"Damn it!" Kagome yelled and sheathed her sword angrily. Inuyasha at least had the decency to keep his profane language under his breath, and Sango just stared straight ahead, silent. (Very OOC)

"Well, at least we're all safe," Kagome said optimistically and turned to Inuyasha and Miroku, who stood in the doorway

"Hey, Sango. Wasn't that your brother?" Yelled Miroku across the room. Kagome winced and knew that he had hit a bad spot even before her reaction

"THAT WAS NOT MY BROTHER!!" she almost screamed and stormed off towards the door. Inuyasha's ears went flat and he stepped aside to let Sango pass. Miroku ran after her to apologize

"Well, I think I'm deaf now." Inuyasha said sadly and rubbed his ears.

"Poor Sango," Kagome said walking to the door and retrieving her arrows from the door. Inuyasha tried to help by pulling one out but he immediately pulled his hand back when he got what felt like an electric shock from it.

"Oh, sorry Inu. I forgot to tell you that I put some of my energy into the arrows." She said laughing a little at the sight of Inuyasha with a clawed finger in his mouth. Inuyasha shot her a glare, but when their eyes met, they both looked away quickly. Inu cleared his throat and turned to leave. Kagome sighed and followed him out the door to go and find Sango and Miroku.

~-~

~at dinner~

Kaede gives us permission to speak, Sango and Miroku start to argue immediately, pulling in Kagome and Inuyasha to get their opinions and to back them up on something.

"Sango, Kagome, I have to say the your behavior at the least, was proposterous." Miroku said thickly through a piece of bread.

"Who are you to talk! And you Inuyasha, what ever possessed you to follow us? You too bouzu," Kagome scolded Inuyasha and Miroku as Sango added her two cents to the conversation. Exasperated, Kagome removed herself from the conversation. They were all in the clothing that they fought in, except Sango had wrapped her wounds. Kagome was kind of self conscious in her suit until she looked over to Sesshomaru, who again was reading instead of eating,

"Sesshomaru-sama, may I ask whether you have tried the meat? It is quiet tasty," Kagome said trying to get him to eat something wondering if he was anorexic or something.

"No need to be so stiff, and I do not eat human food." He says dully not looking up from the book. Kagome nodded her head once as if to say `ooook then' biting her bottom lip. Inuyasha seemed to have given up on the argument also and sat there shoveling his food down fuming.

"Um, Inuyasha. Why did you come after Sango and I?" Kagome asked adding more rice to her bowl and taking a bite.

"Keh, Naraku is not very nice when it comes to people who know too much about his organization. I know from experience," He said simply not looking up from his food

"Ok, well then. I need to go prepare for my lesson." Kagome said taking her empty plate to the kitchen. She went down the hall and got lost. She went to the prisoner's chamber first to see if she couldn't find it from there.

She found her way to what she thought was the correct hallway and started to open random doors. The first one was a bathroom that only had a toilet and a sink, the second a linen closet, and the third an empty room. She walked on to the next hallway and opened the first door. A sheathed sword fell out into the floor infront of her feet. She bent down to pick it up but hesitated when she was about to touch it. It was giving her weird vibes, but she couldn't pick it out.

She shrugged and grabbed it. She dropped it immediately to the floor and stepped back into something warm and hard.

"I-Inuyasha?" she asked stepping sideways and looking at him. He bent down to pick it up. "I'm sorry. I didn't know this was your room. I fact I don't even know where my room is so I just started to open doors randomly and the sword fell out. I tried to pick it up but I felt-" Kagome started to ramble nervously until she was cut short by Inuaysha

"I see you can feel Tetsusaiga's heart beat. That is very strange. Kikyo couldn't feel it, and she was a miko too. You must be very powerful Gome." Inuyasha said thoughtfully, not even realizing that he had created a new nickname for her.

"Um, ok then. Can you show me where my room is again?" Kagome asked fidgeting with her hands and looking at the ground.

"Two doors down on the left," he sighed and stepped into his room

"Etoo, arigato." Kagome said slowly to the shut door then turned to go to her room

"Oi Gome," she heard Inuyasha call from behind her. She stopped and looked back.

"Hai," she responded slightly irritated by being disrupted

"Um, well," he sighed "Sorryyouhadtoseemelikethatthismorning." He spit it out in a rush so that Kagome had to think about what she had just heard.

"Ooooh! It's ok Inu, nobody's perfect." Kagome realizing what he said.

"Night," Inuyasha said quietly, pondering her words

"Ja ne," Kagome called as he shut his room again.

Kagome went off to wash her face and go to the rest room, as well as clean and replenish her weapons.

~-~

Kagome mumbled to her self about various things while she did the laundry.

"Kagome, do the laundry. Kagome, ye have done enough for one day. Kagome, ye must learn discipline. LAUNDRY MY ASS!" She eventually yelled throwing the last of the clothing in the washer and slamming the lid shut. She pushed the `start' button and stormed off with a basket of clean wet laundry to hang on the clothing line. She hung the clothing sloppily and stormed off to go take a bath and sleep.

Ok peeps, yes I updated. It took me forever and a day because my mom told me that I had to catch up on my Japanese, and that's easier said that done. Any ways, please review! Thanks! ^_^