InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Live On ❯ A Telltale Song ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey guys! Don't be mad at me `cause I haven't updated in a while, just read. If you are reading this now and you didn't read the author's notes, then click on the back button and read it! Please don't sue me because I forgot to say that Inuyasha wasn't mine, because no matter how much I want it to be true he's not! =_=

Disclaimer: Inuyasha-gume is not mine, and I don't think they ever will be. Oh well, there's always Christmas! ^_^ Oh, I mention Kenshin and the ending theme song Heart of Sword, and I don't own them either.

Hold still

I'm trying,

To set your head on fire with my mind.

Oh, sorry.

I'm going back to my own little world now.

[teen swim]

Chapter 5

A Telltale Song

(A/N Don't ask me why I named it that, I just felt like it.)

~-~

Kagome sat in the shower with her head on her knees just letting the water run over her. She didn't even notice when the liquid ran cold. Finally she looked up and stood, turning off the cold water and grabbing the towel that hung on a near by rack. Not even bothering to dry her hair with the towel, she changed and headed off to her room with her dirty clothing and towel in her arms. When she got there, she found Inuyasha rolling up her futon.

"Inuyasha?" asked Kagome walking to him

"This isn't your room anymore. Since you are no longer a prisoner, you will get your own room, not this holding facility." He said flatly, lifting the blankets and carrying them past her.

"Ok, thank you." Kagome said almost timidly

"Keh, Sesshomaru's orders." Responded Inuyasha opening the door and heading towards the right. Kagome followed him and asked if she could help, but got no reply.

`I wonder if he's mad at me?' Kagome questioned herself. `No, if he was mad he would yell. Embarrassed maybe, or even still sad. But mad, no.' she reasoned

They reached the end of the hallway and turned into the room on the left. Inuyasha set the bundle in a corner of the medium sized room and left, not once looking the young miko straight in the eyes. He went two doors down and entered what Kagome suspected was his room.

The walls of the room were decorated with tapestries and dried flowers. There was a built-in closet on the left wall and doors that led outside were straight ahead of her. The north wall had the door that led to the hallway.

Kagome stood in awe for a few moments, just staring at the room's splendor. It was so much more fancy than her room at `home' or the prisoner chamber. Then she had a terrible thought.

`What will I tell Naraku? And what will happen to my house?' Her eyes widened at the thought of her employer's reaction when she went back and told him that she wouldn't be working there anymore.

"Oh shit," she said aloud throwing her dirty clothing at her futon. "Well, it's still early and I think that if he doesn't kill me I can get back in time to help with dinner." She sighed and went off the ask Kaede where her cat suit had went.

"Oi, Kagome. Where are you going to day?" asked Sango seeing her down the hall and running after her

"Oh, hi Sango. I just thought I should go see Nara- I mean my employer and tell him I won't be killing anyone for him anymore." She said lacking any emotion in her voice, stopping for a moment and letting Sango catch up.

"You work for Naraku?" asked Sango with a small gasp, stopping briefly and then jogging to make up the space that formed between them

"Maybe," Kagome said noting the gasp

"You mustn't go anywhere near that creep!" Sango said grabbing Kagome's shoulder, stopping her and making Kagome look Sango in the face

"Why? I've worked for him since I was, lets see, seven. I'm almost sixteen now, so that will make it almost ten years." Kagome said thoughtfully

"Oh my god!" Sango gasped, "I stopped working for that bastard when I was fourteen! I'm sixteen now." It was Kagome's turn to gasp

"Y-you worked for him?" Kagome said slightly shocked and looking her straight in the eyes

"Yes, my brother and I did. That son-of-a-bitch threatened so kill my family if we didn't work for him, we agreed and he killed them anyways. My brother tried to murder the bastard but he got killed also in the process. I finally got away before he could use me anymore. I stumbled across Miroku half starved and dehydrated at the market. He saw me passout on a back road and carried me back here and everyone took care of me. You see, he is not to be trusted. If you're going there, then so must I." Sango told her story in a determined tone. Kagome looked at the ground

"I had no idea," She said sadly, "I'm so sorry Sango."

"It's ok Kagome, you had no way to know." She said patting her on the back

"You wear a cat suit, do you not?" asked Sango Kagome nodded, but told her that she didn't know where it was.

"No worries, I'm sure Kaede knows where it is." Sango said dashing off to find Kaede.

~-~

Kagome and Sango found Kaede and also the whereabouts of her cat suit awhile later. Kagome went to go change into her now repaired cat suit while Sango waited outside. When she emerged, Sango was surprised to see her suit was white with blue.

"Oh wow Kagome, you look great!" Sango exclaimed at Kagome who put her arms out and turned around. "I've never seen a white and blue, mine is black and pink. You'll have to see it!" Sango said going towards her room. Once in, she kicked aside her futon and pulled up a loose floorboard revealing a small rectangular box. She pulled it out and opened it. Out came a black and pink suit and a gas mask. Kagome walked out to wait outside.

Sango emerged wearing her black and pink cat suit. Kagome jumped up and down in excitement at her suit.

"Oh Sango! You look really nice!" Kagome said as Sango mimicked what Kagome did, raising her arms and twirling. She lowered her arms and put her hair into a high ponytail like Kagome's was.

"What weapons do you have Kag?" She asked Sango noting that Kagome only had a katana, a small handgun, and a gas mask hanging around her waist.

"Oh, I have my bow and arrows, but I left those outside so I'll get those as we leave. I also have a kodachi the inside of my leg; a flap of fake skin covers it. What do you have?" Kagome asked cocking her head.

"I have something, come here." Sango almost whispered, beckoning her into the room. Sango opened her closet and slid all of her clothing aside. She took out a knife and pried open an almost invisible door in the wall. It creaked open on internal hinges to reveal a huge boomerang.

"It's called Hiraikotsu," she said pulling it out and slinging it on her back. Kagome looked in awe.

"Can…can I hold it?" asked Kagome still dumbfounded

"Sure, just try not to drop it, it might go through the floor," She said taking it off her back and holding it out infront of her with one hand. Kagome took it with one hand and almost dropped it. She grabbed it with both hands and admired it.

"Hell, what's this thing made of? Shit it's heavy!" She said handing it back to Sango who took it easily and put it on her back again.

"It's made from a demon's bone. Demon's bones are a lot heavier than ours or other animals." Sango said simply and crept silently towards the door. Looking both ways, she beckoned towards Kagome behind her signaling that the coast is clear. Kagome slunk past her and went to the next corner knowing that Sango hadn't done this for at least two years. She and Sango made it outside with only minor obstacles. They relaxed when they got outside. Kagome retrieved her bow and arrows and she and Sango planned quietly while sitting on the porch resting. They may have to fight to get out once they told Naraku that Kag wasn't an assassin any longer, at least for him.

"Sango, Kagome?" asked a male voice behind them. They froze and Sango could feel her heart rise to her throat. Sango turned around very slowly to find a slack jawed Miroku staring at her butt.

"Oh Miroku, please don't tell Sessy or Kaede!" Sango pleaded turning around all the way and standing up. Miroku snapped out of it and looked at Sango's face.

"I promise I won't tell them, but I can't keep it from Inu." He said his eyes wandering but keeping his hands to himself though he could easily reach out and touch. Sango looked relieved and forgot herself and gave him a small hug and a peck on he cheek before running off with Kagome in tail. Miroku stood there stunned staring straight infront of him with a silly smile on his face. After awhile he touched his cheek with his cursed hand. He shook his head sadly thinking he was dreaming and walked inside.

The girl of his dreams had just given him a hug and kissed him on the cheek. He walked into the living into the room and stood above Inuyasha who was watching TV with a dreamy look about him. Inuyasha looked up from what looked like a red haired man in a pink gi sword fighting a man who was covered with bandages. He looked like a mummy of sorts with spurts of blue hair sticking out of his turban. He saw Miroku's expression and frowned.

"Dude, what's your problem?" Inuyasha asked sitting up from his horizontal position. Miroku directed unfocused gaze to Inuyasha's face.

"Wake me up Inu," he said with a stupid grin plastered to his face.

"Are you ok?" Inuyasha asked looking at him oddly and cocking his head

"Just slap me and wake me up," he said stupidly and bending down so that Inuyasha had access to his face.

"Ok, if you say so. Just remember you asked for it." Inuyasha said and slapped Miroku.

Miroku shook his head and regained his emotional mask.

"Thank you Inuyasha," Miroku said sitting on the couch beside him.

"Hey, what happened? Did Sango kiss you or something?" asked Inuyasha cynically in a joking way turning back to the TV.

"Well, yes. Oh the cheek. She hugged me also." He said in a daze again. Inuyasha sighed and slapped him again, but this time not as hard

"I'm sorry. I guess it got to my head." Miroku said turning his attention to the television show that he recognized as Rurouni Kenshin. It was Sango's favorite show and she thought Kenshin was really hot. (A/N Stay back Sango, Kenshin is mine! Well I wish he were) He sighed and looked out the window

"Hey Inuyasha, will you come to the Go-Shinboku with me for a moment? I need to tell you something that Kaede and Sessy can't hear." He said quietly so that only his demon ears could hear

"Sure, whatever." He said getting up after the ending theme song, Heart of Sword. "I like that song," he said standing and walking to the tree with Miroku in silence. Miroku set up a soundproof barrier with spirit energy and started talking.

"I don't know why Sango wanted this to be such a secret, but I couldn't but overhear her and Kagome talking about going and talking to some guy name Naraku. Sango had a huge boomerang on her back and Kagome had her bow and arrows. They both were wearing cat suits. Sango looked really really hot in that thing. I didn't see Kagome except for when they dashed off. Sango's suit was black and pink, just like the day I found her, but Kagome's was white and blue. I've never seen one of those; I mean the white and blue kind. I like cat suits because they are so tight and they hug the curves so well and, Inuyasha?" Miroku rambled on until he found that Inuyasha was not infront of him anymore. He looked just in time to see Inuyasha's hair go through his shield.

"Heh heh, funny how they're one sided." Miroku said to himself before running after Inuyasha

"Inuyasha!" Miroku called after him jogging to the fast walking hanyou.

"We can't let them go there alone. You have no idea how dangerous that man is!" Exclaimed Inuyasha walking faster and growling. He left a very confused Miroku in the dust staring after him. Inuyasha emerged about thirty seconds later wearing a gun and a sword.

"You're bringing the Tetsusaiga?" asked Miroku staff in hand chasing after him.

"Come on Miroku, we have to go help them." Inuyasha said determined and going off at top speed. Miroku sighed

"If you can't beat `em, goin `em!" he said and throttled off after Inuyasha.

~-~

Sango and Kagome slunk around the back of the building until they reached the front door. Sango had forgotten how large the building was and tremored slightly looking up at it. Kagome rubbed her back briefly and looked up at it also, detecting her quivering. It was over 150 storied tall, and three blocks wide in each direction. It was truly the biggest building ever made. Unfortunately, it was deep in the forest and no one knew about it except his employees and those who the employees were to kill or was already dead.

Kagome walked over to the many seemingly glass doors and looked back to see if Sango was coming. Sango was walking lightly on her feet to where Kagome was standing putting on her gas mask. She did the same and they pushed in together.

The entrance hall was magnificent. Its high ceiling was covered with crystal chandeliers that glistened in the now afternoon sunlight. The shined stone pillars reflected the reflected the glistening off the chandeliers. Kagome led the two through the hall and down another smaller one on the left. If you didn't work there, you could get lost in the maze of hallways and not get found for a week or two.

The two ran over to what looked a closet from the outside and opened the door. It opened to reveal a room larger than the entrance hall, but not as high and lacking the chandeliers. There at the other side of the room sat a man in a baboon pelt sitting in a chair that was fit for a king. They ran up to the man and knelt before him.

"Naraku-sama, permission to ask two questions?" Asked Kagome seemingly humble.

"Aa," he answered, his voice sending shivers down both girl's backs. He had gotten her one before when she asked permission for just one question and was told she had just done so. She was then dismissed.

"As you know, I am the chosen of Kyoto. I would like to ask your permission to stop working while I complete my task." She said flatly

"That, was not a question," he said emphasizing that

"Forgive me Naraku-sama. I meant to say this; will you please grant me permission to go through the mission I am required to complete and focus only on that only? I believe I will not be able to focus correctly while doing your tasks also." She finished hesitantly

"Sango, is that you?" he asked ignoring Kagome's question completely and turning to the woman in black.

"Hai, Naraku-sama." She said quietly, her voice muffled by her mask

"What was that woman? You spoke quietly." He said amused, and Kagome started to get annoyed. He felt her fighter's ora rise around him and her miko power start to burn holes through him.

"Hai, Naraku-sama." Sango said louder

"Good, I have a present for you. Kagome, you may go, and stop your ki." He said answering her question in the affirmative and waving her off.

"Domo Arigato, Naraku-sama." Kagome said giving Sango a worried glance as she passed by.

Once Kagome was seemingly gone, Naraku snapped his fingers three times.

"Emerge," he said rather crudely. A boy emerged, his features shaded by his bags. He carried a familiar weapon. He raised his head to the light and she saw his whole face. It felt like a bus had just hit her as she looked in his lifeless looking eyes. Sango gasped and dropped to her knees.

"Ko-Kohaku?"

~-~

Well, that's the end of chappie five! If you don't click the button in four minutes, then