InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Living Together Is Never Easy ❯ Thunderstorms ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Thunder rumbled and lighting lit up the sky. Rain pounded fiercely against the windows creating a tempo that irritated his sleep. He growled slightly before rolling over in his bed. Shadows hid in every corner of the room making it feel all the more intimidating. The room was immaculately cleaned and decorated. Paintings that screamed expensive hung on the paneled walls. Cool air lightly came into the room via the air vents stragetically placed throughout the large room.
As he started to fall into a deeper sleep, a raucous cluster of thunder jolted the house. Before he could recover from the assault on his ears, the padding of tiny feet came flying down his hallway, heading for his room. Knowing the owner of them, he rolled over onto his back before pushing himself up on his shoulders. Seconds later, his door opened and a tiny figure slipped in.
He reached for his table light as a crown of raven hair came to the side of his bed. With a small click, light faintly lit up the room. His molten eyes looked questioningly at the child as she tugged urgently on his clawed hair. She trembled in fear as she shuffled in her orange pajamas to stay warm.
“Daddy, can I sleep with you tonight?”
The daiyoukai debated the idea of making her face her fears and almost refused until she locked eyes with him. Her chocolate brown eyes shined innocently in the moonlight and he could swear that she was giving him a puppy dog pout. His golden eyes narrowed slightly and it was gone. She could really be a devil at times especially when she pulled that tactic out of her book of many tricks.
Already beaten so easily and hating himself for it, he grudgingly pulled her into his bed. Instantly she snuggled against his chest, further scandalizing the demon. After a few moments, a groggy mumbled voice flitted up to his pointed ears.
"Thank you."
A quirk at the corners of his lips was all he would allow as he pulled the cover back over them. The faint whisper of a child then reached his ears for the second time as she murmured, “Love you daddy.”
Another group of thunder shook the house but this time she didn't tense in the slightest. The presence of her father and protector was all she needed as he hugged her closer. “Likewise, Rin.”