InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Living Together Is Never Easy ❯ Innocent Demon ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

They stood in silence together simply looking. The sun beamed down gently through the plump white clouds in the clear sky. The post-storm weather was beautifully correct; every aspect about it perfect. The tunes of birds singing caroled around them though Rin barely paid it any attention. Her doe-like eyes were fixed sorrowfully upon the scene in front of her.
Sesshomaru stood serenely with his daughter on the wide driveway of his estate looking out onto the wide expanse of land serving as the front yard of their home. The breeze gently ruffled his mane of silver hair while at the same time blowing the damp grass. His patience was wearing thin though, he could appreciate nature in his study while he worked. He shifted his weight to his other leg to leave when he paused. The change in his daughter's aura alerted him of her predicate before she probably even realized it herself.
The smell of salt wisped around in the air before reaching his nose. He looked down to the small child on his right to see her eyes glistening with unshed tears. His little angel sniffed slightly before wiping at brown eye.
“Daddy…”
“Hn.”
“Can you fix the flowers for me?”
The daiyoukai's golden eyes shifted back to the display before them. The previously perfectly manicured plots of flowers had been torn crudely up by the storm from last night. Now they laid scattered across the lawn like downed soldiers. He bent down and picked a pure white cherry blossom off the concrete.
“Here Rin. It matches you.” Giggling with childish delight, the girl took it from and placed it in her hair. Seeming to have forgotten about the state of the other flowers and her distress, she turned to him grinning.
“How does this Rin look?”
“How do I look Rin.”
Her brown orbs studiously studied him before laughing. “You look pretty Daddy!” He rolled his eyes slightly before turning back to go inside. Not hearing any footsteps behind him, he glanced back.
“Rin.”
She was knelt down skillfully and quickly braiding flowers together. “Hn,” she answered distractedly. He arched a silver eyebrow at her choice of wording. “Come. The gardeners will repair the damage.”
The youngster nodded and energetically bounced toward him. Once he reached out a pale clawed hand to open the door, Rin quickly slipped on the flower bracelet she had just created. He looked down slightly surprised to see her looking back innocently. Not falling for her try at deceit, he nevertheless continued inside.
Instantly his head servant came bumbling to his feet.
“Good morning Lord Sesshomaru,” His bulbous yellow eyes turned to the little girl. “and Lady Rin.”
In greeting Rin grabbed the green toad's chubby cheeks and squeezed them tightly. “Morning Jaken.” The imp pulled away squabbling to see Rin smirk deviously at him.
“Milord!” He cried and Sesshomaru glanced at his daughter to see her innocently imitating a butterfly with her hands.
“Get about your work Jaken.” He brushed aside heading for the library.
“Yes milord.” The servant turned to glare at his tormentor when she bounced by in the progress sticking a damp flower on his forehead. “Bye Jaken!” She called out sweetly as she went into the kitchen.
Grudgingly, Jaken pulled the yellow flower off his head before resuming his work. “Little demon.”