InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Living Together Is Never Easy ❯ Braiding Hair and Late Arrivals ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

“Can this Rin braid your hair?” Sesshomaru looked up distractedly from the antique grandfather clock he had been staring at intently.
“Can I braid your hair,” He correctly exasperatedly. The daiyoukai really had no idea why she spoke so improperly.
Rin brushed the correction away with a flicker of her eyes. “Well can I?”
Lazily her father dragged his pearly white claws down the arm of the recliner he had been resting in. “This Sesshomaru has no time for your antics at the moment.” Her eyes narrowed in response. “How are you allowed to say it?!”
Irritably he glanced at her before checking his watch. “Rin I have no idea what you are talking about?”
“You're allowed to say `This Sesshomaru'! Why can't I say it?!”
It finally dawned on him where she had gotten that illiterate phrase from. “You are not me.” He gritted out. The day had been harrowing for both of them. Rin had gotten easily bored and the delayed arrival made her more restless. For him though, he finally saw somewhat of what Jaken would honestly try to show him at times.
Rin was a true Takahashi at heart, always scheming and successfully executing without his discovery. He had caught her in the process of constructing a device that once someone opened the door, a bucket of thick pancake mix would come tumbling out onto them. That's why she had been so long in the kitchen that morning. He would have to talk to the cooks about restricting Rin's presence.
He broke from his thoughts when he felt a tug on his head. Looking to the side of him he saw Rin's tiny body perched on the armrest of his chair. She worked intently as she was already done with making the first braid. As she continued to the second, Sesshomaru growled slightly.
“What are you doing Rin?”
Her eyes looked down at him though her fingers never paused. “Well you never did say whether or not could I! So I decided for you.”
Sesshomaru sighed before he submitted to her ministrations. He would just take them loose before she arrived. The gentle tugs of his hand soon relaxed him though and he slowly fell into a deep slumber.
-----------------
He woke to giggling. He easily detected Rin's girlish one but couldn't place the deeper one blended in. The daiyoukai cracked an amber orb to seek an ebony-haired woman laughing with Rin on her back. Slowly his eyes took in the discarded pile of luggage by the front door.
“You are late.”
“Yea , you know… flights and all.” Her chocolate eyes so much like Rin's shimmered in amusement. Rin leaped off her woman's back gracefully onto the floor and bounded into her father's lap. “You look prettier than this morning Daddy.” She beamed innocently. All earlier disruption between them disappeared and he reached up to lovingly flick one of her black ears on top of her head. “You look lovely all the time Rin.”
The woman pouted slightly before playfully crossing her arms. “What about me?” Sesshomaru gracefully stood to his feet at the same time transferring Rin to the side of his waist. He closed the distance between them quickly. They looked at each other before Sesshomaru slid Rin off his waist.
Distractedly, the woman kept her eyes on his before she reached out and propelled the little girl's body along by her head. “Go on to bed Rin.”
The child happily left the room oblivious to the sexual tension behind her. Once she was out the room, the woman quickly found herself on one of their leather couches with the sexiest man in the world straddling her. He leant over her, his silky silver hair making a curtain around them
“You.”
“Always”. He punctuated each word with a passionate kiss on her lips.
“Look.”
“ Magnificent Kagome.” She smiled against his lips before pushing him off of her roughly. He landed on his back on the other side of the couch and she quickly climbed on top of him. “You were all I could think about during those business conferences.” Her small hand reached up to trace one of his magenta stripes on his cheeks. “You are a wonder Sesshomaru,” she breathed quietly.
Her hands slid over his chest rubbing it through his button-down shirt. Quickly she began to unfasten his buttons while shivered in pleasure as he gently nipped at her mating mark. But suddenly he stiffened slightly before throwing her gently but wildly off of him onto the other side of the couch. Bewildered, she looked at him as he snatched a discarded newspaper off the glass coffee table. A second later, Rin walked into the living room smiling as usual.
“I forgot to tell you goodnight Mommy.” Kagome discreetly pulled down her skirt which had been pulled up to her hips.
“Love you angel.” The slightly disheveled woman blew a kiss to her daughter who caught it exaggeratedly. The child's growing fangs appeared for a moment as she laughed. “Night Daddy.” Kagome glanced at her husband who sat there without a sinfully silky hair out of place seemingly to be focused on his newspaper. “Night Rin.”
Their daughter trudged back upstairs while at the same time below her, a set of both golden and brown eyes trailed back to each other.