InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Living Together Is Never Easy ❯ The Inevitable Question ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

“Mommy, I want a little brother.” Rin tugged heavily on Kagome's black pencil skirt. Ignoring the child, her mother shimmied away as she helped herself to a bagel off a platter. Kagome crisply walked over to a cabinet and pulled out a cereal box and bowl. Turning back around, she almost knocked over her daughter who had followed her.
“Please…” Kagome tried side-stepping her but was cut off once again before she had a chance to place her foot fully on the floor.
Damn those demon abilities.
“Rin...,” Kagome trailed off as she thought of a child-friendly to say hell no. “Darling, honey, angel……… I can buy you a puppy by tonight.” Rin's eyes lit up at the thought and enthusiastically jumped up and down.
“YAY! Puppy, puppy, puppy!”
Her previous want was successfully forgotten. Kagome started to breathe a sigh of relief when she suddenly felt her husband's dominating youkai presence. He swept into the kitchen looking first at Rin then at Kagome. The latter blushed slightly as last night's events quickly ran through her mind. Seeming to read her mind, Sesshomaru's eyes flickered over to her and pointedly rubbed his ears.
Someoe had gotten a little too carried away last night. Kagome grew redder. You would think after a while, one would not be embrassed about things she engaged in, Sesshomaru absently thought.
She distracted herself by applying cream cheese onto her warm bagel. Rin's antics became louder and Sesshomaru's bemused face looked down at his daughter. “Why are you chanting Rin?”
Rin paused in mid jump and softly floated back down to the green marble floor. “Because I'm­—“
Kagome cursed before lunging to cover Rin's mouth. Sesshomaru would definitely burst Rin's bubble. Rin easily dodged her mother with inhuman speed and appeared on one of the island's counters.
“—getting a puppy today.” Rin seemed to recharge from it being said out loud for the second time. She jumped off the counter and streaked around the kitchen vibrantly, singing louder.
Sesshomaru's aura of contentment instantaneously changed to outrage. Kagome could feel her husband's murderous gaze burning into her head as she readjusted her clothes. Casually she bent down and retrieved her fallen bagel off the ground. Planning to throw it away and hastily escape out the house she was surprised when she turned into an Armani-suited chest.
“You promised Rin what?” His chest rumbled against her cheek while she struggled to regain her balance. His pale striped hand came up to grip her shoulder steadying her. Without anywhere else to look to apply her attention to, she accepted defeat and finally looked up into his intense gaze.
“Well Rin asked for a brother and I sidetracked her by telling her I would get her a puppy.” Frustration showed on her husband's face as he grunted. He took a deep breath before gritting out through clenched teeth, “Rin has no need for such animal. I thought we had previously discussed this.”
He stuck an arm out behind him and easily and successfully captured Rin out the air as she passed by.
Kagome petulantly brushed a bang out of her face and muttered darkly, "Alpha male feels threatened?" Secretly she had been coveting an adorable lap dog for the house.
The dark-haired girl giggled in her father's grip oblivious of the mounting tension that she was currently trapped between. One golden eye peered past Rin's eye to scrutinize Kagome before turning his attention back to his daughter. “I'm afraid you want be receiving any puppy anytime soon.”
Rin paused mid-giggle. Her smile quickly turned to irritation as she frowned. “Mommy promised me one!” For the first time that morning, a smirk appeared at the corner of his lips.
“I believe she did this to distract you from your request of a sibling.” Rin nodded slowly in realization. Kagome certainly wouldn't have a chance of attempting anything like that ever again. Sesshomaru drawled on after flashing a brief smile.
“Taking into account last night Rin, I am sure in a matter of time you will possess one.” Kagome's mouth dropped open scandalized as he innocently placed Rin on the ground. In contrast to her father, Rin wore an expression of confusion.
“So yesterday, you put in a request for one at the hospital?”
Straight faced he nodded. “Yes Rin.”
The girl cheered in joy before zooming around the kitchen once more before shooting out of the kitchen's glass door onto the patio which lead to the backyard.
It was silent in the room for a few moments before it was broken by Kagome's slightly husky voice. “Want to ensure it goes through?”
Her brown eyes twinkled in amusement as she caught a fleeting glimpse of one of her husband's rare shocked expressions.
“I thought you did not want to have another child for a while.”
Kagome giggled as she stepped closer to him.
“Only a silver-haired, amber-eyed daiyoukai can make a girl change her mind about pregnancy.”
The sentence was barely out her mouth before her lips were crushed bruise-worthily in a passionate kiss. She melted into his embrace and in moments the two were upstairs..............making sure the `request would be approved'.