InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Long Lost ❯ Last Day Together ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Long Lost
Prologue, Last Day Together
 
“Tanaka…Tanaka…Tanaka!” A beautiful woman of 29 with long, flowing, wavy black hair, the most sparkling brown eyes and ivory skin called out to her daughter as she walked out into the castle's garden, looking for her 13 year old daughter. She was very slim, or she would have been, had she not been pregnant for 4 months with a demons child, making the baby due any day now. Her name was Izayoi, Princess Izayoi. She carefully scanned the garden for her daughter, who had been inside only minutes ago practicing her schooling for writing and math. Her daughter was Tanaka, a beautiful 13 year old child who had been born to an English sailor who had chanced upon Japan one day while on a mission. Tanaka was a very gifted girl, who was multi-talented, and was blessed with the powers of telepathy, telekinesis, flexibility and the powers of a miko. She truly was a special child.
 
“Mother? What are you doing out here?” Izayoi smiled as she turned around to face her daughter. Tanaka stared at her mother with those cursed eyes of hers. See, Tanaka was very different when it came to her outward appearance. She looked exactly like her father. She had long, wavy, golden blonde hair, light powdery-looking green eyes, ivory skin and an innocent glow about her. Many envied her for her differences, while many wanted her for them. From the day she turned two years old up until her grandfather death when she was forced to choose a husband, she had received seventy-three offers from men, all the way from the lowest villagers to the noblest princes.
 
“Tanaka dearest, you should be working on your writing.”
 
“I know mother, I am. See?” Tanaka lifted up the scroll she was writing on, which showed the letter that she was writing to her betrothed. Izayoi smiled as she read the letter, which said that Tanaka couldn't wait to see her betrothed again and that she was looking forward to him helping her learn how to fight. Izayoi gently smiled down at her daughter.
 
“That's very sweet of you Tanaka…lets call it a day, shall we?” Tanaka smiled softly as she stood up, nodding gently as she took the scroll from her mother and folded it up. She walked behind her mother as she began to speak quietly.
 
“Mother, when is Lord Inutaisho going to visit again?”
 
“When his baby is born.”
 
“But how will he know mother?”
 
“He will dear, trust me. Okay?” Tanaka nodded, glancing around as she followed her mother into her bedroom. It wasn't much, just a small chamber with a few blankets on the floor for bedding. Izayoi opened the door, only to stop suddenly as her eyes glazed over a bit. She smiled as she walked in quickly, into the open arms of the said lord himself. “Inutaisho?” Izayoi breathed out gently to her mate, as she leaned up to kiss him. He smiled as he kissed her back.
 
“Izayoi.” Inutaisho said as he gently sat her down on the bed, careful to make sure that he wouldn't damage his next child.
 
“Inutaisho, what are you doing here?” Izayoi asked. Tanaka watched silently from the doorway, fiddling with the robes that fell loosely from her shoulders. Her eyes stared at Inutaisho, as she had never seen him be so gentle or in love with her mother.
 
“I'm here to make sure that everything goes through smoothly with my second child.” Inutaisho said as he sat next to Izayoi and put an arm around her waist, pulling her closely and protectively to him. Izayoi smiled gently and nodded, as her eyes glanced up to the door to Tanaka, who stood staring at the floor silently. Inutaisho followed Izayoi's gaze, until he saw Tanaka. “Tanaka?” Tanaka jumped a little, her eyes darting nervously to Lord Inutaisho.
 
“Hai-hai my lord?” Tanaka said, bowing down to her lord and keeping herself down.
 
“Tanaka…come here and sit with us. After all…you are my daughter in more then one way.” Inutaisho said knowingly as he smiled at the girl.
 
“Hai my lord…” Tanaka said softly as she gracefully walked over to the happy couple, sitting in front of them and again averting her eyes to the floor. A silence passed over the small bit of the family until Inutaisho noticed that Izayoi was falling asleep. He gently laid his mate down, as her eyes closed and her breathing evened out. “Is mother asleep?” Tanaka questioned softly as Inutaisho nodded. Tanaka nodded as she stood up, and began exiting the room as Inutaisho followed the short 13 year old. Tanaka went back to the garden, where she sat down and continued her letter on the scroll to her betrothed. She felt Inutaisho sit next to her, and read over her letter. She glanced at him for a moment, and then continued her writings. “My lord?”
 
“Hai Tanaka?” Inutaisho answered her, his eyes looking at her for a moment.
 
“Will you deliver this letter? Please?” Tanaka asked sweetly, looking up at Inutaisho. “Please Inutaisho-sama?” Inutaisho smiled down at the girl, before nodding.
 
“Hai, I suppose I will. I will be visiting your betrothed a week after your brother is born to finish up the last battle in the war.” Inutaisho answered her.
 
“Arigatou Inutaisho-sama.” She answered airily, signing her name at the bottom of the scroll before smiling and reading over her latter for any mistakes. Inutaisho was quiet for a few moments before she spoke again. “Inutaisho-sama?”
 
“Hai?”
 
“Are you nervous for my new little brother or sister? You know…my little sibling will be half a demon, half a human, and unfortunately will be looked down upon in society.” She spoke quietly, in a sad, hushed tone. She would love her little brother or sister regardless of how much or how little humans and demons alike would think of the her younger sibling. She would be a good ane-ue, and she had made herself a promise when her mother learned of being pregnant that regardless of what happened, she would love her little sibling. No matter what. After all, as her cousin Hiroki would often say to her, `If we go down, we go down together'.
Inutaisho stayed still for a minute, contemplating over the question. Of coarse he was nervous, and he knew that his half demon child would forever be disrespected, looked down upon. He knew that his child would have a harsh, cruel life. But he didn't want the new big sister to worry too much about her new baby sibling. But, Inutaisho was not one to lie-especially to his daughter in two different ways, and still a young child.
 
“Hai, Tanaka. I am a bit nervous.” Tanaka nodded.
 
“You are far from just a bit nervous, my lord.” Tanaka said. She smiled as she glanced up at him from the corner of her eye. He looked down at her with curious eyes. He mouthed one simple word. `How?' She smiled as she blushed a light pink, suddenly finding the grass beneath her very interesting in its growth. “I'm telepathic, remember? I can read minds.” Inutaisho nodded, remembering that she was not only telepathic, but she was telekinetic and had the powers of a priestess as well.
 
“Yes, now I remember.” Tanaka nodded as she rolled up the scroll and put it in a pocket in her kimono. “How about you, Tanaka? Are you ready for a new little sibling?” She smiled brightly, her eyes taking in a whole new light.
 
“Oh, yes, Inutaisho-sama! I simply can not wait!” She looked up at him, her face showing no sign of lying or sadness. “I will teach my little sibling how to read, write, do math and how to use the bow and arrow! I will protect my little sibling, and I will pay with him or her! We will be the best of friends. Just wait and see!” Tanaka said excitedly. Inutaisho looked down warmly upon the child, and she smiled up at him.
 
“Please, Tanaka…call me father.” Tanaka's eyes lit up as she hugged Inutaisho.
 
“Really my lor-I mean, father?” She said, looking up at him. She had never had a father, and had always regarded Inutaisho as a fatherly figure-ever since she had met him when she was six years old.
 
“Yes, my dear daughter.” He said.
 
“Well, Tanaka, Lord Inutaisho, isn't this adorable.” Said a cool, chilly voice from behind them. Inutaisho glanced back, a smirk on his face. He pulled his step daughter closer as she shivered from the presence. Her eyes glazed over in fear, as her heart sped up. Inutaisho was a bit angered that Tanaka was scared of this human lord from the south.
 
“Lord Takemaru.” Inutaisho said, letting go of Tanaka who sat there, her eyes scrunched closed as she tried to imagine the lord behind her away. Inutaisho faced him, the smirking bastard. “What are you doing here?” Takemaru stepped closer to Tanaka.
 
“I'm here to witness the birth of your and Izayoi's child. I am, after all…” Takemaru said, stepping even closer to Tanaka. “Izayoi's first love and best friend.” Inutaisho was very angered now, but kept a cool, collected out posture.
 
“Yes, we all are aware of you and Izayoi's intimate moments as first loves, but that when you two were but children barely even Tanaka's age. And now Izayoi and you are no longer best friends after what you did to her when she was fourteen. Giving her to that sailor so that you would become famous in the far-away continent and become rich in gold. She hates you now, and I would ask you to leave, however…I wish you to look upon the face of the child who will one day defeat you and take over your kingdom.” Takemaru smirked yet again, taking a few more steps towards Tanaka, before placing his hand on her shoulder, making her jump and turn away from him even more. Her hair fall in front of her face, shielding her face from his eyes.
 
“You mean a half breed defeat I? You must be having fantasies my lord.”
 
“Get your hand off of my daughter, now. And never, ever speak ill again of my child in front of me again or I will kill you.” Inutaisho demanded of the man.
 
“Your daughter? I'm sorry to break this to you, Lord Inutaisho, but she is mine in two different ways. She will be married to Toran, and when you die Izayoi will come crawling back to me.” Takemaru said. He began to gently let his hand stroke Tanaka's shoulder, until a light pink aura surrounded her, and her light moss green eyes lit up a fierce neon blue. She opened them as her head turned to face Takemaru's.
 
“I will never, ever marry that bastard son of yours! I hate Toran, I love my current betrothed! And my mother will never love you again! She loves Inutaisho, and only Inutaisho, so shut the hell up you bastard! Leave me, my little sibling, my father, my mother and my betrothed alone!” Tanaka yelled at him, and on the word alone, her aura exploded and Takemaru was thrown backwards into a wall. He slumped down, blood dripping out of his mouth. He glared at Tanaka, before he stood up again with a bit of difficulty.
 
“You will pay for this Tanaka, you will pay.” He whispered as he walked out of the garden. Tanaka's eyes returned to their soft green color, and her aura faded out into nothing. Her breathing was heavy as she looked up at Inutaisho.
 
“I'm sorry you had to see me like that father, I'm truly very sorry.” She said, bowing her head as she again closed her eyes. He leaned down on one knee, and put his hand on her shoulder.
 
“Hush, Tanaka. I am proud, your betrothed would be proud, your mother would be proud and your little sibling would be proud. I would have done the same thing in your place. You truly are like my own daughter.” He told her gently to her before she yawned, smiled, nodded, closed her eyes and finally collapsed forwards into Inutaisho's arms. He smiled as he picked the small child up and walked out of the garden towards her bedroom. He entered, laid her down on her blanket before covering her up as well with her blankets. He lit a candle before leaving, and planted a kiss on her forehead. Then he left her there as he went to go check on Izayoi, only to find out that she was in the process of giving birth to his children. He sat a room with his children's new mentor by his side-Myouga, a little flea demon. Two hours later, Inutaisho was the proud father of a baby boy and a baby girl, two adorable little half-demons.
In Izayoi's room, Inutaisho walked in silently and sat next to her. Her breathing was heavy, having only given birth to twins about twenty minutes earlier. Beads of sweat were on her forehead, and her eyes were closed as she slept. In each arm she held a sleeping child. In the left a girl, in the right a boy. The girl was sleeping soundly like her mother, while the boy was looking around with curious eyes. They both had silver hair, but the girls ears were tipped with black while the boys were not. Inutaisho looked down at his son, as he smiled to the small boy. The small boy's golden eyes locked with Inutaisho's golden ones, and Inutaisho smiled as he picked up the small boy, who in return growled a bit. Inutaisho laughed silently. “You truly are a inu youkai…we will call you Inuyasha…do you like it, my son?” The boy stopped growling, and looked at his father with curious eyes.
 
“Dog demon…It appears he does, my love.” A small voice said from down below the father and son. Inutaisho looked down onto his mate, her pale pink lips smiling delicately at him as she held her second daughter close to her. Inutaisho sat down next to his mate, who lifted herself up with what little strength she had left before leaning on Inutaisho. “And I do too.” Inutaisho looked at Izayoi before kissing her for a moment before pulling away.
 
“Now, what to name my daughter…” Inutaisho looked silently down at the baby girl in Izayoi's arms as he thought up at name. The child had woken up from her slumber, and was staring up at her father innocently with wide azure eyes.
 
“How about Nishiyumi?” Izayoi suggested. Inutaisho looked down at the girl.
 
“Nishiyumi…western beauty…it fits her perfectly.” Inutaisho said, and Nishiyumi gurgled happily. Inutaisho handed Inuyasha back to Izayoi, who then gave him Nishiyumi.
 
“I heard a bang earlier, and then Tsuyu came in to tell me that Lord Takemaru was here and Tanaka had fainted, and was now sleeping in her bedroom. Is my daughter okay? What happened?” Izayoi quietly questioned as she rocked Inuyasha to sleep.
 
“Tanaka is fine. Takemaru came in and scared her a bit, so she threw him backwards with her telekinesis, and he got a bit bloodied up from banging into a wall. Nothing much. Rest now, Izayoi.” Izayoi nodded, yawning as she leaned back and again fell asleep with Inuyasha still in her arms and awake. In the corner of that small room, Inutaisho noticed a large nest-like basket with a blanket inside and space for two babies. He stood up and took Nishiyumi over to the small basket as he placed the sleeping girl inside of it. He then walked over to Izayoi and took Inuyasha out of her arms as he put his second-born son inside of the crib before he covered the two babies up. Nishiyumi had also fallen asleep, while Inuyasha stayed up as he looked over at his sister curiously. Inutaisho smiled as he took one final look at his twins before walking over to Izayoi.
 
“They are beautiful…I love you Izayoi.” He said before kissing her and then walking out. He walked into the hallway, and was soon confronted by Tanaka.
 
“Father! There you are!” Tanaka said, running up to Inutaisho. He stopped, and kneeled down on one knee to look at her in the eyes.
 
“Tanaka…you're an ane-ue now of a boy called Inuyasha and a girl called Nishiyumi.” Inutaisho said. Tanaka had a blank look on her face, and her eyes glazed over.
 
“Me? An ane-ue of twins?” Tanaka questioned Inutaisho softly, who nodded to her. She squealed, and jumped into his arms. “I'm so happy! A baby sister and brother!” She stepped back to look at Inutaisho, her face suddenly serious. “Father, how is mother?”
 
“Your mother is fine, Tanaka. Come, I will show you your little sister and brother.” Inutaisho again lead her into Izayoi's room, where Tanaka looked at her sleeping mother with a soft, genuine smile before she walked over to the basket. Inside were the little babies, both looking at each other because they looked up to see their ane-ue. “Nishiyumi…western beauty…my little sister.” Tanaka smiled down at the baby girl with the azure eyes as se reached down to touch some of her silky little thin wispy locks of hair. The baby gurgled before she hiccupped, obviously accepting her sister. Tanaka giggled merrily as she then turned to her brother. “And my baby brother…Inuyasha…dog demon…” She then brought her head over to Inuyasha, where she ruffled some of his thick silver tufts of hair and then rubbed his right ear. The baby stopped growling and his golden eyes closed as he purred softly. Tanaka giggled even more as she let go and stepped back. She turned to Inutaisho, her eyes shining with tears. “I love them, father. I truly do love them.” Inutaisho smiled down at her, when he heard her stomach growling.
 
“Hungry, Tanaka?” Inutaisho asked her, and she nodded shyly. Another thing about Tanaka was that she was very modest, and hated it when people paid too much attention to her. Another drawback of royalty, she supposed… “Well then come, my daughter. Dinner was served a few minutes ago.” They began walking to the little kitchen part on the other side of the mansion, oblivious to Izayoi's former love watching them, a smirk in his eyes and playing on his lips. He waited for a few more minutes, to make sure that there was no one around, before going into the bedroom. He was in there for more no then ten minutes when the manor suddenly was on fire, and inside Izayoi's room two hanyou's lay crying and their mother laid there, dead.
 
“Father!” Tanaka whimpered, holding onto Inutaisho's neck tightly as he ran half a mile away from the burning manor. He jumped up onto a branch and let his daughter off, knowing that his son would never forgive him if he let anything happen to Tanaka. “My lord?” Tanaka questioned quietly as he jumped off the branch, tears already falling freely down her face. Inutaisho looked at her, before jumping back up to the branch and kissing her on the forehead. “Father?”
 
“Tanaka, be good my daughter. Tell Sesshomaru that I'm sorry and that I love him.” Inutaisho said before he jumped off the branch and ran back to the manor.
 
“Father! Lord Inutaisho! Come back, don't leave me!” Tanaka continued calling as she climbed down from the tree, and ran after him, running as fast as her legs would carry her. Tears fell freely from her eyes as she continued running. About a quarter of a mile later, she tripped over a tree root. She fell to the ground, her legs and feet hurting, her head pounding, her vision blurred because of the tears, her robes and face dirty from falling in some soft, run up dirt. She sat there and cried, pounding the ground with her fists, screaming and crying. She felt sick, and her face felt hot as her cheeks burned and her head felt like someone had been pounding her head with a hammer. Had she had stayed up in that tree, she would have seen the battle between Takemaru and her father-like figure fight to the death for both, leaving Takemaru dead and Lord Inutaisho dying. She would have seen her little sister burn to death, and not have heard the rumor that Takemaru had killed Nishiyumi, thus she would have not have gone out to kill Takemaru's son Toran, meaning that she would have not been raped by a phoenix demon, who was her betrothed's worst enemy. She would have seen her mother escape with her little brother unharmed, and would have been able to prove the rumor that her mother and younger burned to death wrong, so she would have searched for them and perhaps her mother would have not died at such a young age, leaving Inuyasha all alone in the cruel world. She would have probably found her mother, so that her mother would have not heard that her eldest child was still alive and the family could have reunited. The things she could have seen had she stayed in the tree. Then, perhaps, maybe, her life would have never gotten this way.
 
 
AN: So, what did you all think? I had this crazy idea one night that perhaps Inuyasha was not Izayoi's first child, that maybe she had another child who came before Inuyasha whom she thought was dead so she never mentioned it to Inuyasha. This idea just came to my mind one day last October, so, you know. It's been stuck there ever since. Alright, there will be a few more characters popping up next time, ones you all know and love. In this story a few things will happen, okay? Just so you all know. Okay, this is a Kag/Inu, Mir/San, Kik/Nar fic, and Sesshomaru, Rin and Jaken will be in here a lot. You'll find out why next chapter. Also, I am a very big Inuyasha/Kagome fan, but unlike A LOT of other supporters of that couple, I do not hate Kikyou, so there will be no Kikyou-bashing in this fic, but it will be Inuyasha/Kagome. Uh…there is some more stuff, but I don't really remember right now, so I'll tell you all next chapter! Review please, tell me how you like it. Flames accepted, so, yeah.