InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Lost and Found ❯ Ch. 1 Awaiting ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Summary: Inuyasha and Kagome mated. They had a little girl who was named Nishi, but they never had the chance to raise her as they were killed and she became the ward of Sesshomaru. What happens when Inuyasha who was supposedly killed comes to reclaim his only child?
 
~*Chapter One: Awaiting*~
 
Nishi stood in a centered position that was for yoga. She held the Shikon No Tama wrapped around her hands. She was completely centered, for five hours she held this position. Nishi had grown up within the last hundred years, looking like a female version of Inuyasha. Her mind completely clear and relaxed, driving off the impending emotions. Tonight she would leave; it was customary since she turned thirteen that once a month she left the castle. It was only because she went through the natural stage of “heat” and so she avoided all males during this time. Even her dear cousin who was becoming just like his father.
 
To Nishi, that was typically a good thing. She thought it was best for Yoshi to be a bit like his father who she admired most in the world. So Nishi took off something she hid in her clothes, it was prayer beads. Along her throat you could see scorched marks indicating the young hanyou had worn it. Nishi put in her bag and smiled, `I'll give it back to him. I'm surprised it hasn't done more damage. Must be because I'm half human now.'
 
So Nishi finally opened her eyes to look around. The wind was blowing in. She relaxed and went to bathe as she would soon have many things to do. So she wore typical clothes for this time and knew what tonight beheld. The New Moon. Nishi knew where she would go, a human village to see who she saw every time. She never told anyone about him; it would be hard to explain. She took a bag of her things and headed downstairs and saddled one of the warhorses like she did until she caught the scent. “Damn it,” She said under her breath.
 
From behind a male Wolf Youkai came and said, “Lady Nishi, your scent invigorating.” His name was Akira, commonly known as a cousin of Kouga's, from the North. Akira typically wore the skins all of the packs wore but his was white because he lived in the north but remained a lord. He had had his eye on Nishi for the last ten years and his eyes did not waver. It wasn't love he felt for the young hanyou Lady, it was utter lust.
 
“And you Lord Akira are wasting your time,” Nishi spoke coldly. She refused to acknowledge him as she was not prepared to mate with any of the youkai or humans. All that came to her mind a human male she had met, he had been so kind and yet so disturbing. Often she heard from the women of the village was that all the males in his family were lechers. Nishi kept her eyes forward not even looking at him.
 
“You would do well to know your place in the scheme of things,” Lord Akira spoke harshly only find his throat grabbed by a forceful hand and soon saw who had him, it was Lord Yoshiyuki.
 
“You would dare speak of things you no nothing of,” Yoshi spoke in a cold unfeeling tone. “You should be grateful I do not cut your tongue out of your mouth. You know it is forbidden to hinder Lady Nishi's departure into the east.” It was very well know and it was forbidden to approach her without her permission. Lord Yoshiyuki was the one who ensured that this happened. He had much of the typical Inu Youkai nature: Overprotective, Arrogant, and easily angered. It was not something he attempted to help after all; he was a lord and refused to let anyone touch who he considered his sister.
 
Nishi didn't react to what just happened, as it happened often. Lord Akira was the one that most of the time wanted to attempt to mate her and it was forbidden to do so without the approval of Nishi's father. However, Inuyasha was believed dead and so it was up to the approval of Lord Sesshomaru and he refused anyone that obviously was immediately there for one thing that she could never give them… Status. She mounted the horse and told her brother, “I shall return in one week.” When she road off out of the castle, obviously she knew where she was going to.
 
 

Yoshi's grasp on Akira's neck only tightened and he spoke, “You come near her again I will kill you right where you stand.” He threw Akira about twenty feet and said, “You will stay here until she returns and if you attempt to leave I will give you to the soldiers to be killed.” He walked away knowing that Nishi could of handled it herself but he preferred doing it, instilling fear in other lords to make him seem more Youkai than human.
~*~
 
“Damn, tonight is the night of the new moon,” Inuyasha growled. He wished he was a Youkai because then he wouldn't have to worry about things like this. Inuyasha could carry out his plans to kill Naraku who had surrounded himself with more incarnations now. However, he wanted to visit Kagome today. Inuyasha missed her dearly; it had been a hundred years since her passing and had been told that his beloved pup was dead. A part of him didn't want to believe as he ran past the trees with a great deal of speed and stopped at the God tree. There a stone rested against it and he put flowers. “I will keep my promise,” He spoke aloud.
 
Suddenly a voice came from the clearing, “Inuyasha?” It was obvious a man, someone who was young and yet not so.
 
Inuyasha could hear the sound of a staff occasionally hit the ground. “Miroku what are you doing out here?” He said to the man when he came into view.
 
The man was in demon slayer's fitting with two swords at his waist. He was not a monk, well not entirely. Miroku Houshi was the name given to him because of his great-great grandfather who had supposedly been a good man. This kid looked so much like him it was uncanny. “Awaiting something,” Miroku spoke cryptically. He couldn't let anyone in on that he had meetings with a beautiful girl at night.
 
“Feh,” was all that came out of Inuyasha's mouth and noticed what time it was. There was a few hours of light left.
 
“You're getting old,” Miroku commented only to get hit on the head by Inuyasha.
 
“I am not old,” Inuyasha declared. He had aged 15 years since the birth of his daughter, so now he looked to be in his thirties.
 
“At least I didn't get slapped,” Miroku said rubbing his face.
 
“You're just like him,” Inuyasha huffed.
 
Miroku knew exactly who Inuyasha spoke of. He was speaking of who he was named for, the monk. Miroku had tendencies that he would never imagine denying. However, Nishi troubled him; he felt something other than lust towards the woman and knew he would eventually have to tell someone of her.
 
So the both of them returned to the Demon Slayers village that had been completely rebuilt. There were people always being trained, people having their own lives and being happy with it. However, Miroku didn't seem content with the thought of remaining here.
 
~*~
 
Kikyou had yet to pass into the next world and still sought the heart of Naraku. She had no emotion in her face as there was much to do. She knew Inuyasha hated her for indivertibly getting him and his mate captured and taking away his daughter. Kikyou let Inuyasha believed what he would; she knew that child was safer in the hands of Sesshomaru than Inuyasha.
 
 

Kikyou walked on the solid ground and could feel it, Naraku was planning another attack. She wasn't sure she was prepared for Naraku who wished to make her submissive to him. She refused to be subdued and thought about that young child who might be dead by now, however she doubted it. Suddenly she felt something. “The Shikon No Tama, here?” She said aloud and knew this wasn't good.
 
Kikyou had left Inuyasha's sword, the Shikon No Tama, and Inuyasha's coat with the child as they were items of power and could be used as such for survival. However, it was rumored that Lord Sesshomaru had wished for the girl to become a hanyou so to give her a chance to live a little longer. `He is weak because of his mate,' she thought to herself quietly as she continued on the path and saw a war horse speed past. `The pup continues to toy with what she was given,' Kikyou thought to herself.
 
~*~
 
Nishi had the horse speed closer to the village until she stopped in a clearing. She relaxed for a moment and knew she could wait until she changed to go meet Miroku. Nishi felt a little flustered at the thought of seeing him again. `Why do I feel like this around him? Wait I'm not even near the village yet. Okay, relax, relax.' She thought to herself. It only made her remember…
 
**FLASHBACK**
 
It had been two years ago, Nishi had rode for the first time without an escort. She had come to what people called The Inuyasha Forest, deemed where her birth parents had met. She had made camp near the Bone Eater's well when she came to the god tree. Nishi in her human form had long soft raven colored hair and had deep dark eyes and always wore a commoner's kimono. She felt content here, calm for some reason. It felt like she should stay here.
 
“You're drawn to it too,” Miroku spoke.
 
It was only when Nishi turned around she saw him. He was two years younger, sixteen. The age difference in appearance was not that much to differ from. It didn't take long for Nishi to take out a pair of Sais. She didn't care about what it was but there was something about him. “Who are you?” She demanded.
 
“Miroku Houshi,” He stated.
 
“A monk?” Nishi replied.
 
“No, I am named after a relative, he was the monk,” Miroku replied and saw her lower her weapons. He relaxed as well as he had never seen women react that way, well not before getting to know him anyways.
 
“I apologize, these are trying times,” Nishi told him. “My name is” `Come up with something quick' “Sureiyaa.” She knew not to give out her true name even to a man. Nishi was thankful humans did not have the heightened senses like those with Youkai blood in their veins.
 
“Sureiyaa, doesn't seem to fit you,” Miroku spoke rather softly, looking at the young woman with interest. Something was there and he couldn't exactly pinpoint it.
 
`He's not as dumb as he looks,' a voice in Nishi thought to herself. Nishi said, “I apologize for my actions earlier, I do not like to be snuck up on,” She told him having her full courtly manners. It was a mixture of apology and arrogance. Sesshomaru had rubbed off on his niece.
 
“Maybe you would like to join me in a meal,” Miroku requested as he approached the young girl. He felt his hand twitch and knew if he got too close he would not be able to control his `possessed' hand.
 
**End Flashback**
 
 

`I have only myself to blame for finding him so endearing, possessed hand in all,' Nishi thought. `At least I told him my real name last time and I almost feel like I should not have done so. It seemed to make things hard on him.' She continued to think to herself.
 
**Flashback**
Miroku put a prayer bead around the neck of Nishi that looked a lot like his. “You gave me something so I am giving something to you,” He told her resting his hand now on the collarbone of Nishi.
 
Nishi looked at him confused and said, “But I haven't given you anything.”
 
“Your time,” Miroku said. “And your name.”
 
“Houshi-samma, by name isn't Sureiyaa. I lied to you then, my name is Nishi.” She told him not looking at him as she held his hand in place and if she had been paying attention would have seen him blush.
 
Miroku couldn't believe this; she wasn't slapping him or saying anything. She told him simply she had lied to him, but what seemed to put him deep in thought with the name she had given, `Nishi'. It made sense why she came on the nights Inu hanyous turned human and if he thought this was who she really was. Inuyasha's daughter was alive and she may have not even known that fact.
**End Flashback**
Please R&R!