InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Between Worlds ❯ Preparations ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:

Yumemaru: *glomps Sesshy's tail!* Only borrowing him…and the rest of them.

Has something ever happened to you that no one seems to be able to explain, even though you're part of a society that has advanced other cultures by millennia? Well, this is what has happened to my creator. No, he isn't a god. He was your average youkai scientist, who ought to make the world a better place. That's where I come in. I am Lilia, the professor's first bio-droid.

A bio-droid, or biological android, is a lot like a normal android in appearance, but we're much more intelligent and less violent. The original purpose for my creation was to be his son's companion and to help him find happiness (which, sadly, proved to be impossible), but now I have an even more difficult task at hand. I must find Professor Inutaisho and his sons, Sesshomaru and Karen.

"Lilia, come look at this."

"Yes, Lady Kyoko." The professor's wife is standing at his desk, and in her hands are what look to be his notes. `Maybe he's been experimenting with it again.' I walk to her and she hands me the papers. After I read his notes, I pause to think things over. I do not wish to upset Kyoko any more than she is.

"Lady Kyoko, I don't wish to worry you further, but this could be a big problem. These equations are for making a wormhole to another dimension. Which one, though…it is impossible to tell. But perhaps if I can figure out how to harness the same power that Professor Inutaisho did and bring them back."

"Do whatever you must, just bring my boys back."

"Lady Kyoko, please don't worry. Lilia and I will find them." I only now notice what Corth has been doing. My companion has always been the logical one. The professor made him to protect me from Sesshomaru's temper and my own naiveté. Anyway, Corth has been inspecting the area of the lab that we suspect was the last place they were standing.

"Have you found anything Corth?" I ask him.

"Yes, it seems that wherever they went, something came back through." He carefully holds up a small pink blossom.

"It looks like a Sakura bloom. It's from a fairy tale my mother told me when I was a child. It was about a great warrior and a kindly priestess who fell in love, but there were many things that prevented them from being together."

"Hmm… Yes, Lady Kyoko. I think I know which one you speak of. The name of the place was… Japan, was it not? May I see it Corth?" He hands me the flower. It is small, pink, and very delicate. "Indeed it does look like a Sakura bloom. Perhaps…no, but maybe…"

"Just, please, bring them back Lilia." I turn to her and nod my head. Kyoko is near tears as she walks out of the lab. I turn to Corth.

"This may be our only clue as to where they are, but we must try."

"I know. Before… you said he had equations in his notes, right?" I nod yes.

"Maybe if we figure out which of the equations is the right one we can put it into the main computer of the TSCD, go there and bring them back."

"If only it were that simple. We don't know that they'll have a TSCD in their dimension. If we don't make a portable one we'll be stuck in the other world."

"Okay, let's get to work and make one."

Corth and I spent 6 days in the lab, doing nothing but working on mobilizing a Time Space Continuum Disrupter or pTSCD. Professor Inutaisho spent his whole career studying the TSC and he had had many problems with creating a controllable disrupter. So, how we made one in less than a week is a miracle.

During the time we were in the lab, Kyoko brought us food and drinks, but she rarely spent more than a few minutes in the lab after her accident. But, that's not important right now.

After we finished the pTSCD, it looked much like a large arm cuff. Since it was much too big for me Corth had to wear it. We stocked up on supplies that Lady Kyoko believed we would need on our mission. Luckily, we were able to utilize the new Capsule Corp. technology and make our load pocket-sized.

Next, we needed a plan to save the boys. Not knowing what we would be facing made things difficult, but we managed to create a feasible plan that could be easily altered to fit our surroundings if needed. We were to go to the other dimension, assess our surroundings, find the boys, and get back home. Simple, but it gets the job done, right? Oh, how wrong we were. There were many things we didn't count on to happen, many obstacles we couldn't have even imagined would be thrown in our way.

A/N: Okay, I know this is short, and the next few chapters are going to be until I get things flowing. Plz, Read and Review! I plan on finishing WDC, but it's going to be a while longer before I work on it again.