InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Lost ❯ Probably wouldn't be this way ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Hey people, just call me Krilaia. This is an InuYasha song fic. Well just a few things you should know,
DISCLAIMER! - I don't own InuYasha OR This song. Though I wish I did.
 
 
Lyrics part
“ Speaking”
~~Thinking~~
(me interrupting)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Flashback
 
Starting…..NOW!
 
Got a date a week from Friday with a preacher's son
Everybody says he's crazy
I'll have to see
 
 
A girl with jet-black hair sighed sitting on the steps leading to a shrime. Her name? Kagome. It had been a month since her and her friends had defeated Naraku and gotten all the jewel shards. A month since she had left the feudal era with a broken heart.
 
I finally moved to Jackson when the summer came
I won't have to pay that boy to rake my leaves
 
 
Yes, She had left the feudal era, now in her own time. The change, this time, was forever. She shivered as she watched the rainfall. She had grown to like the rain; her tears were hidden by the drops of water. Hot tears formed in her eyes as she remembered it all.
~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
“Just go home!” InuYasha yelled at her. “Go back to your own time! You aren't wanted here anymore! OR needed! Go home!” His words came out harsh and full of anger. She fought back tears glaring at the hanyou- hurt. “S….” Kagome was about to say, fighting hard to stop any more tears from her eyes, when she remembered that she herself had taken the necklace off him. Turning around hurt more then angry, she made her way to the Bone Eater's Well. As she landed back in her own time, she crawled out of the well and up the stairs, when she saw exactly what would soon be a sad comfort- rain. Tears starting to stream down her face she walked out into the rain and sat on the last step leading up to the shrime, the rain hiding her tears and the thunder rolling out her cries.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I'm probably going on and on
It seems I'm doing more of that these days
 
 
Kagome stood up wiping her tears and headings towards her house. She felt the rain hit her making her shiver more. “I wonder…” Her voice started before trailing off. More tears filled her eyes, blending in with the rain. A loud roar of thunder rolled along as she opened the door to her house. She wiped the tears and walked inside the house. “Mama will kill me for getting the floor wet.” Kagome said, ever since a month ago the happiness drained from her voice, all happiness was replaced by thick sorrow over her life.
 
I probably wouldn't be this way
I probably wouldn't hurt so bad
I never pictured every minute without you in it
Oh You left so fast
Sometimes I see you standing there
Sometimes it's like I'm losing touch
Sometimes I feel like I'm so lucky to have had the chance to love this much
God gave me a moment's grace
'Cause if I'd never seen your face
I probably wouldn't be this way
 
 
Mrs.Higurashi walked into the room Kagome had just walked in. “Your going to catch a cold if you keep going outside every time it rains.” She said calmly. Kagome smiled, more a sad imitation of one, “Yes Mama, I know..” Her voice said sadly. Kagome walked to her room and took some clothes from her drawer, pajamas to be more precise. Kagome walked to the bathroom, passing Souta in the hall. Souta looked at his sister as she walked by ~~Ever since she came back all her spunk ran away…~~ He thought walking to his own room.
 
Mama says that I just shouldn't speak to you
Susan says that I should just move on
 
 
Kagome slipped into the bathwater. Tears ran down her face s she remembered times she had with InuYasha. She had told her friends in modern definitions what had happened. She wiped tears from her eyes and took a deep breath before going under the water. They had told her to move on, but she already knew she would never be able to. They had never fallen blindly, head over heels, in love. They had crushes, true enough, but never had they been in love this much or they would know. She couldn't just forget him! Ever day she felt as if her heart was left in the past- with him. She came up as more tears streamed down her eyes. “How could you do this to me?” She sobbed silently as possible, “Why did you have to make it hurt so bad?”
 
 
You oughta see the way these people look at me
When they see me 'round here talking to this stone
 
 
Kagome silently made her way to her room. She sat at her desk looking at the window, hoping to see the silver haired half demon there, yelling at her because she's spent so much time in her era. With a sigh She turned towards her books. Since she had come back her grades had shot up remarkably, but that didn't brighten her mood one bit. Kagome started to do her math work. All that could be head was the constant sound of a pencil, few eraser sounds, and the constant sound of rain. Souta walked to Kagome's door and knocked ”Kagome, Mom says dinner's done!” He called before turning down the hall and walking. Kagome stood up putting her pencil down and walked to her door opening it.
 
Everybody thinks I've lost my mind
But I just take it day by day
 
 
The dinner table was silent, as normal. “How was school, Kagome?” Mrs.Higurashi asked, trying to start a conversation. “Fine.” Kagome said smiling a sorrowful smile. “And how about you Souta?” Mrs.Higurashi asked looking at Souta. And soon the table was engulfed in the stories of the young boy's day at school, his troubles, and his friends. Kagome ate trying to listen with everyone else but her thoughts coming to InuYasha and her friends back in the feudal era. Kagome stood up, causing everyone to look at her. She took her empty plate to the kitchen before walking to her room.
 
 
I probably wouldn't be this way
I probably wouldn't hurt so bad
I never pictured every minute without you in it
Oh You left so fast
Sometimes I see you standing there
Sometimes I feel an angel's touch
Sometimes I feel like I'm so lucky to have had the chance to love this much
God gave me a moment's grace
'Cause if I'd never seen your face
I probably wouldn't be this way
 
 
 
The next day after school Kagome was walking home. Her friends stopped her before she managed to get out of the schoolyard. ”Kagome!” one of her friends called. Kagome turned her head and looked at her “Oh, Hi.” She said softly. She smiled as happily as she could. “Are you still not over that boy?” Her friend asked. Kagome shook he head no softly. “Its.. don't worry about me.” She said. Her friend, Ayumi, shook her head “Kagome come with Annya and I to get some food. Annya's paying!” Kagome didn't have the heart to say no. “ok, I'll go” She said.
The three got to the fast food dinner. Annya was their new friend, she had moved here from America. She had fiery red hair matching her attitude. “Where is everyone else?” Kagome asked as they sat into a booth while Annya went to go order for them. “They had to work I think.” Ayumi said. Ayumi started to go on and on about how well Kagome and Hojo would be together. Annya came back with the food and slid into a seat with the tray of fries, burgers, and drinks. Each girl took one of each. “So Kagome, from what I heard when you were going out with that guy you missed a lot of school and you were constantly sick, right?” Annya asked sticking a fry in her mouth. Kagome nodded, “Well we were never going out, not really. He was still in love with his ex-girlfriend.” Annya shook her head as Ayumi burst out, “Kagome! You should have ditched him a long time ago! If he still loved someone then you shouldn't have ever bothered! YOU should have ditched HIM, not the other way around!” She shouted causing a lot of stares from around the place. Ayumi sat back down, Kagome and Annya blushing fiercely. Everyone seemed to go back to what they were doing before that. “She's right you know!” Annya said putting another fry in her mouth. Kagome sighed. “I better go, Mama might get worried.” Kagome said leaving the table and walking outside.
 
 
Probably wouldn't be this way
 
 
 
It had started to rain again on the way home. Kagome let the tears flow down her cheeks as they blended with the rain. She was glad tomorrow was Saturday, she would be able to stay away from her friends and their remarks. She didn't understand why she was so sad still whenever they said stuff like that. She wanted to forget, she wanted to think of it as just a big dream but she couldn't. She still had feelings for him, no matter how rude he was. No matter how much he upset her, she couldn't help it. ~~But he doesn't want to see me, he never wants to see me again. ~~ She thought sadly. She got to her house and walked over to the tree. The tree that in the feudal era she had freed him, she remembered all the times she had spent. A loud roll of thunder caused her to snap from her thoughts as more tears rolled down her cheeks.
 
 
Got A Date a week from Friday with a preacher's son
Everybody says I'm crazy
Guess I'll have to see
 
 
Kagome sat on the steps on the shrime, it raining harder today then yesterday. She cried softly watching it all come down. She sighed, on the step where she could, and was, getting wet. “Your going to catch a cold if you keep that up.” A rude, familiar, voice said from behind her. Kagome froze. ~~Am I hearing things?~~ she thought before gathering her voice, now fragile, “Inu…..Y..asha?” A snort was hearable before something was draped across her shoulders. Kagome stood up and turned around, tears streaming down her face “InuYasha.” She said softly before hugging him tightly. “I'm sorry…. I just needed a reason for you to stay away..I didn't want you getting hurt” He said softly. Kagome was crying softly still, she hugged him still. “I… I love you Kagome..” InuYasha said. Kagome smiled brightly “I love you too InuYasha..” She said. The rain slowed and came to a stop as the sun shown brightly, more brightly then it had for a month, to Kagome.
 
 
 
 
The End