InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Lost ❯ Lost ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Summary: When you hide yourself, you cease to know who you truly are.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha. That right belongs to Viz and Rumiko Takahashi. This is a completely fictional work and any relations to events, places, or persons either dead or living are completely coincidental.
 
Lost: A One-Shot
 
I suppose it shouldn't be amazing, fuck, it shouldn't even be startling.
 
When you hide yourself long enough, you cease to know who you really are.
 
Yeah? Well I've hid myself since the beginning of time - its one of the only reasons that I don't exactly hate Kikyou anymore. Being imprisoned also meant that I didn't have to deal with hanyou-haters.
 
The other reason is that it wasn't exactly her fault.
 
It was mine.
 
But that's not the point!
 
The point is that I don't know who I am - I don't know. I've hidden myself behind this mask of uncaring, this façade where I care about nothing and no one but myself and the Shikon no Tama.
 
The one where I am using Kagome as my Shikon Shard Detector. Yeah, right.
 
If I really hated her, than I wouldn't be here.
 
With her.
 
I would be out there.
 
With Kikyou.
 
…That's not my point either.
 
My point is that I don't know who I am.
 
And she does.
 
I need her.
 
Because without her,
 
I'm lost.
 
My mind is a maze. A test. A puzzle.
 
She holds the answers.
 
And she doesn't even know it.