InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love after Death ❯ The Birth ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“And never was a tale of more woe, then this of Juliet and her Romeo…” Fawks sighed, closing the book. She felt the life inside her give a healthy kick.
“I see you enjoyed that, too” She smiled placing a hand on her swollen belly.
“Hey, Fawks-chan how are you feeling?” Kagome asked coming inside the hut with Sango and Rin.
“Good, the nausea has subsided at least…” Fawks replied.
“My lady has the puppy been good today?” Rin asked kneeling at her side to touch her stomach.
“Yes, Rin, the puppy has been good” Fawks smiled patting the girl on the head.
“Where are the boys?”
“Inu-yasha and Miroku? I'm not sure…they said they were gathering herbs for Keade…” Sango replied.
“Huh? But that's not like them at all” Fawks began.

“So how do you feel, Inu-yasha?” Miroku began.
“Huh?” Inu-yasha raised an eyebrow.
“You're going to be an uncle soon, any thoughts?”
Inu-yasha looked up at the sunset, “Not really…” He grumbled.
“Lady Fawks saved your life with that baby…” Miroku began.
“I know that!!!...That's why…I'm going to make sure nothing ever harms Fawks or the baby…”
“Good man!” Miroku smiled clapping the hanyou on the back warmly. As the two neared the village they saw Rin running towards them.
“Come on hurry! You have to get back to Lady Fawks!!” She shouted.
“Why, What's happened?!” Inu-yasha began.
“Lady Fawks has gone into labor! She's having the baby right now!!”