InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love after Death ❯ You Belong to Me ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“I'm sorry to bother, Higaurashi-san…but my sister has been missing for several months now…” Miyako began.
“I'm sorry, Miyako…but I haven't seen her, Kagome should be home to pick up some last things” Mrs. Higaurashi replied. Miyako bowed her head and managed a smile, but her heart was conflicted.
`I'm so worried about Fawkeisha-chan…father seems to ignore it but…I can tell he misses her as well…'
She looked up to see Kagome running out of the house with a pack slung over her shoulder. She ran into the arms of a boy in a red kimono with long fair hair that glistened in the sunlight. He kissed her softly taking the heavy-looking pack from her. “Kagome-chan!!” Miyako shouted running towards them. The girl turned, “…Mi…Miyako-san…”
“Thank goodness I could reach you…Have you seen Fawkeisha-chan? She hasn't been home in months…” she let out in one breath. The boy gave Kagome a look and she sighed.
“I'll take you to her…only because I believe she needs some support right now…” Kagome said softly.

“see the pyramids along the nile
watch the sunrise on a tropic isle
just remember, darling, all the while
you belong to me
see the marketplace in old algiers
send me photographs and souvenirs
just remember when a dream appears
you belong to me
i'll be so alone without you
maybe you'll be lonesome too
and blue
fly the ocean in a silver plane
see the jungle when it's wet with rain
just remember 'til you're home again
you belong to me
i'll be so alone and without you
maybe you'll be lonesome too
and blue
fly the ocean in a silver plane
see the jungle when it's wet with rain
but remember, darling, 'til you're home again
you belong to me”
Fawks sang gazing into the crib at the tiny child now fast asleep. Something hot and wet fell down her cheek and onto her hand…tears. `Sessho-maru…'
Flashback…
“No, Sessho-maru! Stop it!!!” Fawks giggled as he kissed and nibbled her neck. He growled in response, pinning her hands against the tree. “Sessh-kun…what if the others hear us?” She whispered. Sessho-maru paused for a moment , “What if they do?”
“You are my mate…and I am yours…you belong to me…” He growled huskily. Fawks smiled softly as he leaned forward to kiss her. “I love you…” she sighed. He smiled softly, “I love you”
End Flashback
Fawks was pulled from her thoughts by the scent of Inu-yasha and Kagome. “You're back, did you get every thing you…”
Her eyes widened as they met the shocked face of Miyako, Inu-yasha and Kagome standing behind her. “…Mi…Miyako…” Fawks gasped. “…Fawkeisha…” Miyako whispered. “Who the hell's Fawkeisha?” Inu-yasha began. But Kagome quickly shooed him from the hut.
“Fawkeisha, I've been so worried about you!” Miyako cried, throwing her arms around Fawks. “…sis…”
“But what are you doing here? Why don't you come home? Father misses you so…” Miyako began. “Ptt, yeah right…” Fawks rolled her eyes. “Fawkeisha, come home…”
“I can't” She sighed. “Why not?” Miyako asked. As if on cue, the baby began to cry. Sighing Fawks made her way over to the crib, Miyako stood there as if frozen in place.
“…F…Fawkeisha…When?...How?...” she muttered. “…Three months ago, and how do you think, idiot?” Fawks said sharply. “…But what about the father?”
Fawks paused, “…Dead…”
“You Must come home, Fawkeisha-chan! You cannot raise this baby on your own!” Miyako began. “She's not alone!” Rin shouted from the door. Miyako stared at her in shock, the girl ran to Fawks, hugging her legs. “She's right, Miyako, I'm not alone. And even if I was…I'm much stronger then you think I am”
“But…” Miyako began. “You know father would kill me if he found out! …Plus…” Fawks whispered the last word, pulling the blanket from the child's face. Miyako was taken a back by her bright golden eyes, shadows of stripes marred her cheeks. “…Her father…was a demon…she doesn't belong in our time…”
“…Fawkeisha…” Miyako began. “We're leaving this village tomorrow, we're going father south, somewhere were my lover's vassals and enemies can't find us” Fawks said softly. Miyako nodded in understanding, then smiled, tears in her eyes. “Don't I at least get to…hold my niece?”
Fawks smiled, handing the child to her sister.
“What's her name?” Miyako asked.
“Mimirou…” Fawks smiled.