InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love and Vengence ❯ Just say Goodbye ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ice: We do not own Inuyasha, but Yasmine is always hanging over him.
Yasmine: Hey!
Ice: What? It's true.
Yasmine: Fair enough.
Ice and Hope: What does that mean...

Ice is in a desperate need for love, and finds it in an unlikely place. Who will win her heart and fix it or will she choose not to let someone mend her torn soul. And what else might go haywire?


Ice's POV

I can't believe Yasmine and Hope would do this to me. They don't even know me that well... well that's only because I haven't explained my past to them. I don't even know Bankotsu at all, we never talk. I mean I could tell him about my past... Or I could never tell them...and be empty for the rest of my life... I'll tell them after lunch. I said to myself, finally coming to a decision after much contemplating.

Nobodies POV

When they stopped in the middle of the afternoon Ice asked Bankotsu if she could talk to him. When he agreed, they walked a little farther into the woods each saying nothing to the other. Bankotsu asked the first question,

"Why are you so cold all the time, I know that your name is Ice, but that doesn't mean you have to be shut off from the rest of the wor..."

What Ice did next was out of complete impulse, a risk, and was the exact opposite of what the regular Ice would have done. She kissed him. Right then and there she kissed him. And then he didn't pull away like the normal Bankotsu would have, he pulled her into his arms and kissed her back. As shocking as it was to her it gave her that slight bit of hope that she would no longer feel so alone as she had before.

Meanwhile back with the rest of the group. They could only hope that all was going well. And of course Yasmine was sitting in Inuyasha's lap and Hope in Kouga's. Two minutes later, they saw Ice and Bankotsu appear out of the woods laughing and holding hands. Yasmine and Hope squealed in delight and Inuyasha and Kouga nodded towards Bankotsu in their guyish way. The girls started to talk, each one of them excited about one another having someone to lean on. Each of them having someone to care and always be there for them. But what most of them didn't know was someone was hiding something for all of them...

The guys looked strange at the girls wondering why they were so excited, but they were girls they might as well except that they'll never understand them. As will the girls understand guys. But all was well, for now at least...

Later that night. Hope snuck off with the excuse of needing to "go", but that wasn't it at all. It was something much worse that she didn't want to admit to herself, but had no other choice but to follow it. It was Naraku's pull on her and she knew this would be her last stand, and for this it was true. As she came to a clearing where Naraku stood with his arms crossed with that devilish grin.

"I'll give you two options," he spoke in a bored tone, but suddenly smiled, "One is to kill yourself, or you can kill yourself."

Hope stood there with a dark look in her eyes as she stared down Naraku. She didn't answer, but Naraku did.

"It's their lives." He said solemnly as he awaited her answer

From the first pull at lunch she knew what she would choose. Naraku smiled grimly knowing her decision as soon as she pulled out Heruken.

"You will regret this Naraku, and for that I know." She growled, "I guess my wish of dying after you are already dead. My friends will kill you, I have no doubt about that." She grasped Heruken's handle tightly. She closed her eyes readying herself, for her own death.

When she screamed the entire country of Japan could feel her pain and agony. Right through her heart she plunged Heruken. Koga was their in an instant. Then quickly followed by Inuyasha, Yasmine, Ice, and Bankotsu. Kouga had ran by her side holding her in his arms saying soothing words trying to ease some of Hope's pain.

She did not open her eyes, but only closed them tightly, she winced as she spoke her final words to the group, "I love you all", she smiled "Do me a favor...won't you?" she asked finally opening her eyes and looked around, but held her gaze up at Kouga.

Everyone nodded their head as they looked at the bleeding Hope.

"Avenge my death against those two demons. I don't want to die...knowing they're still alive..." She murmured as she closed her eyes and just like that her free spirit drifted away.

Yasmine's POV

I cried, Ice cried, Bankotsu cried, and Inuyasha cried, but no body cried more then Kouga had. He lost his own true love, and we lost our one best friend. There was nothing we could do or say to coax Hope out of Kouga's arms, or stop his sobbing. Later, that sobbing we would have preferred. But until then we watched the lifeless body of Hope lay there in Koga's arms as he cried.


We are sorry for the hold on the chapter, but we had severe writers block. And soon their will be four more characters added to the story, so stayed tuned and keep those dang lawyers off of our butts. So the next chapter from the three of us, here at Resa headquarters, love ya and l8a!