InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love at first sight ❯ Hide and Seek ( Chapter 16 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! MORE WRITING!!!!!!!!!! I decided to add more of the thieves and catchers since I haven't put them in some time. Read on!
 
----------------------------
 
Chapter 14
Hide and Seek
 
~12 o'clock at night~
 
The slayers had been called out to their next crime area. They were outside a house that had been empty for an hour while the owners went to dinner. On the rich side of town, the place was filled with hidden cash and expensive jewels. It was also guarded by an excellent security system. The girls had to admit, these demons were good!
 
At last, they saw what they had come here for. Cloaked in his usual red, the youngest of the three robbers appeared on the even lawn. At the moment the girls lay in secret, hidden by the leaves of an innocent oak tree. The dog demon slipped farther into the open, the pack on his back filled. Even from there, the slayer in red could see his nose move as he checked for humans. She heard one of her companions take a breath, knowing that all three pairs of eyes were glued to the figure. He seemed to deem the area safe, and his ear twitched. A small movement but a movement nonetheless. It was a signal to his companions that the coast was clear.
 
Sure enough, the other men emerged from the shadows of the giant house. They looked pretty cocky, strutting across the lawn like they were the all-mighty rulers of the world. It made the girls blood boil just thinking about it. When the guys were halfway across the lawn, right in front of the girl's tree, the tallest of the three froze in midstep. His eyes went wide and he jumped to the side just as the slayer in green let her arrow fly.
 
“Fuck!” yelled the other dog demon, and the band split, each member racing off in a different direction. They were too fast and the girls were momentarily confused. The boys vanished into hiding places around the house as the girls realized what happened. The boys were practically playing hide and seek!
 
“You go to the back, we'll cover the front.” The leader whispered to their smallest girl. Then as the girl in orange sneaked to the back, the two left in the front separated, starting at opposite sides. They checked every space as they worked, silently hunting for their thieving prey. They were going to catch these annoyances if it was the last thing they did!
 
In the back, their third member was having a little trouble. The back was much larger than the front, with many more hiding spots. But in hide and seek, you find them no matter what the area's expanse was. Starting at the porch, she made her way through the maze of plants and statues. Sliding around things like a snake, she continued her search for the demon.
 
The tallest, oldest, and smartest of the three thieves was trying his best to keep track of his pursuer. By smell, he could tell when she got to close and he would have to silently sneak to a new hiding spot. She was all too good at finding his old sanctuaries. He darted ahead yet again as she came within a five-yard radius of him. Slipping into the hollow trunk of an ancient, sturdy tree, he waited for her to come closer to his final hiding space.
 
Twisting a strand of white/silver hair around her finger, she still was searching for the culprit in the back yard of this rich man's house. She could tell were he had been, but not where he had gone next. Being a demon, he had the advantage, knowing were she was by scent and getting away before she found him. She was starting to get really annoyed. As she approached the next tree, she wondered what the hell these rich people needed this many freak'n plants. She peered up into the tree's branches to find that, of course, he wasn't there. In her fury, she pulled her sword from its sheath, took her attack position and swung, her blade digging deep into the trunk.
 
He couldn't help but be thankful that this tree was extremely thick. The woman's sword was lodged into the tree, and if it had been any thinner, the sharp edge would have just gone right between his ribs. This girl needed anger management if she did this to trees often. He watched as she jerked on the hilt, trying to pull the sword from the tree. It was stuck. Not only was this bad for her, it was bad for him! The longer she stayed there, the more of a chance she would find him in the hollow of the tree. He didn't like this. He didn't like this one bit.
 
In the front, one of the slayers was also coming to close for comfort to one of the boys. As she came closer, her bow in one hand and her knife in the other, he became even more nervous. He prayed she wouldn't find him, for she was to close to relocate now.
 
Sweeping away more of the bushes, she found him. It was the one they thought to be human who had monk robes, a golden staff, and black hair. Above the mask covering his face, his eyes went wide. So fast she was almost invisible, the hunter caught her prey and put him in a headlock.
 
“YES! I caught you!” She exclaimed proudly. Putting her knife to his throat so he couldn't run, she told her friend to keep searching. He silently begged his friends to stay hidden. “What do you think? Should I cut your throat? I think I should, seeing as how much trouble you've caused us.” She said.
 
“Please don't! Its not our fault you couldn't catch us.” He answered. She moved the knife so he could feel the blade against his skin.
 
“What was that?” She asked, fury in her voice.
 
“I meant please don't! I have a girlfriend who would be very upset if I died!” He cried, praying the knife would move no closer.
 
“Does she know you're a thief?”
 
“Not really…”
 
“Well then she wont know you're dead for a while.” She said, the knife in striking position.
 
“Don't kill him, just take his mask off and make sure he doesn't get away.” Her friend suddenly said, still searching somewhere nearby. He thanked the lord for his luck. The slayer reached down to unmask him…
 
Meanwhile in the backyard with the other demon, the smallest slayer was still trying desperately to get her sword out of the trunk. What if the demon decided to attack her now, while she was unarmed? Bad news let me tell ya. As she struggled, she hit the tree, trying to yank the blade out that way. That didn't work. But it did tell her something. The tree was hollow, or had a hollow area inside it. If it was big enough, something could hide in it. Or someone. Like a certain demon she was after. Then it could here all her struggles! It would be only a matter of time before it came out to kill her! Bad, bad, Bad, BAD!!!! She jerked again on the hilt, more frantic this time.
 
Inside the tree, the demon in question was getting more and more worried. If she accidentally pushed on that sword to hard, the katana could and would cut through his side. And what if the girl found out he was there? He didn't want to kill her, and he also didn't want to fight someone with no weapon. But knowing these three, she probably would! As he thought, he noticed the pause then the franticness she hadn't had before. He could smell a slight fear coming from the other side of the bark. This was good. Maybe he could get out without being noticed (fat chance), or he could just get out and run for the front of the house (what about the other slayers, and his comrades?), and if he were really lucky, she would just let him go (hahahahaha…ya, right). Or maybe all those plans were doomed to fail. But he had to do something!
 
It wouldn't come out. She was gonna hafta use a chain saw to cut it out! There was no way that katana was coming out of that tree. Yet she pulled on the handle anyway. `This is all your fault!! If you had just calmed down, we wouldn't be in this mess!! If you hadn't attacked the tree with your sword, we would still be march'n along trying to find that demon but noooo. You just had to loose our cool!!' She yelled at herself, furious of her stupid actions. Then, she heard movement from inside the tree. The demon was in there! And he was going to come out to get her! Well, she wasn't going down without a fight!
 
He slipped out of the tree, silver hair gleaming and gold eyes flashing. They both stared at each other for a second. She was having a war with her weapon. He just came out of a tree. They were both wondering what the hell was going to happen next.
 
“How about we do this,” The demon started, “I pull your sword out of the tree, you let me run to the front yard, we join our comrades and fight this out like we normally do.” He offered. Slowly she nodded, deciding to trust him for the moment. He grabbed the hilt, pulled the sword free with one swift movement, dropped the weapon at her feet and ran for the front. Grabbing her katana, the slayer followed him.
 
…Just as the girl was about to unmask the delinquent, a silver flash appeared and shoved her away from his friend. It was the one that had escaped the slayer sent to the backyard! The slayer in red spun around from her search, attracted by the noise. From behind her, the other demon burst from the plants and grabbed her. But the girl in orange struck him down seconds later. Arrows started once again to fly. They moved into their normal routine. The giant boomerang owned by the woman in red nearly caught monk boy's shoulder as the boy in red dodged arrows and the other went blade-to-blade with the girl in orange.
 
They were all exhausted from the work before and the disappearance of the demons came swiftly. The mist rolled in like it did so many times before and the tired girls didn't even try to stop them.
 
“Another night, another fight. Farewell for now.” Their leader said as the outlaws vanished.
 
“God danmit! God danmit all to hell!!!!” Yelled the slayer in red and black. They had come so close! So close, and then they failed again! She wished they could just catch those boys already! Beside her, the other two cursed as well. Ready for bed, the three got in their car and headed home.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
It felt like someone was poking her. Hard. With something soft and furry. Then Kagome opened her eyes and realized that Buyo was head butting her. She dragged herself out of bed and checked the clock. It was 11:00! Usually they all got up at nine, at the latest ten. Shaking it off, Kagome got up and got ready. When she opened the door she noticed that no one was down stairs. So she made it her duty to run around the house hitting a frying pan with a wooden spoon and yelling “WAKE UP YOU LAZY BUMS!” at the top of her lungs. After about the 20th bang, Inuyasha came out of his room in only his boxers, took the kitchen tools from her and threw them on a nearby chair, and dragged her down to the couch, slowly becoming awake and a little more playful.
 
“Now why did you have to go and do that? You woke me up from a perfectly good dream.” He told her, kissing her on the cheek. Kagome grinned at him.
 
“Was I in it?” she asked him, tilting her head back to get a full view of him.
 
“No, just a bowl of ramen.” Inuyasha said, smirking at her. She smacked him playfully on the arm and he grinned at her. “What, you want me to dream about you?” He asked as she snuggled happily down in his lap.
 
“Maybe.” Kagome said as Inuyasha kissed her on the back of the neck. Kagome leaned back and kissed him. “Not on the couch, dear.” She told him, smirking as he was earlier.
 
“Awww, why not?” Inu whined, kissing her again.
 
“Because the others will be very upset if we make a mess of the living room.” She told him playfully, twisting a lock of his hair around one of her fingers. His arms rapped around her waist.
 
“What if we went to my room?” He asked. Kagome flicked him on the nose. Pulling her closer, Inuyasha pulled Kagome into another lip lock. Being bold, he slipped his tongue into her mouth, making the kiss deeper than she had first expected. Twisting around so that she was straddling him, Kagome moved as close as she could. Before they could get any further, Sango came down the stairs.
 
“None of that on the couch please.” She said, heading for the kitchen. “And Inuyasha, put some clothes on!” Kagome blushed and Inuyasha smiled sheepishly. Getting off of her boyfriend, Kagome went to help Sango in the kitchen since Rin wasn't up. Inuyasha vanished into his room for a minute then popped back out, fully dressed. Rin came and took over the kitchen just as he did. Inuyasha kissed Kagome on the cheek again.
 
“Down boy!” Kagome ordered as she sat down on the couch. “You've had your fill.” Inuyasha smiled at her again and sat back down on the couch.
 
Miroku came out of his room and plopped down on his favorite chair. Kagome giggled as he jumped back up in surprise. “Rin, why is there one of your frying pans in my chair?” Miroku asked, picking up the utensils and walking into the kitchen. Sesshomaru was the last to show up.
 
“Who the hell woke me up? I'm going to kill them!” Sesshomaru growled. Kagome shakily raised her hand.
 
“That was me.” She said. He turned and glared at her. Poof! Rin was suddenly beside him.

”No killing in the morning Sessh.” She told him, leading him to one of the bar stools so he would be near while she worked. He nodded absentmindedly, all his attention on her. Miroku returned to his chair and another `normal' morning began.
 
-----------------------------
 
Ya like? I gotta tell you, it gets really annoying writing she, he, and they over and over. So please review. Please?