InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love in strange places ❯ Visit from the Devil ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 24

Sesshomaru walked through the halls of his grand castle as he slammed his study doors shut he faced towards his desks and the endless book case full of books of magic, spells, answers, questions, stories, history and fairytales. He lowered him self down on to the chair and thought back angrily at the letter his Grandmother on his mother's side wrote to him.

Lord Sesshomaru of the Western Land,

Son of Inutaisho and Musuki

I have heard of you taking a mate. Quite opposite of what I expected you did not mate with Suki of the Southern land did you. For this I shall pay a visit to you as your family to inspect your new mate, for we wish to see what you have turned down for power and alliance with the Southern. We cannot allow you to bring more shame to our family. An annual ball shall be hosted by the noble family of Musuki. I expect an explanation when I arrive.

Lady Nakama

He clenched his clawed hands so tight that his knuckles turned white and the ruby droplets of blood contrasted against it. He opened his hand to reveal five small crescent moon like shapes in his palm made by his claws.

He pushed back the chair and strode over to the big bay window to look down at his pups playing with Kagome. Cherry blossoms blew around her, her white fur ruffled and her feathers sang. She was an exotic creature one that he thought he would never find.

*it's been over 68 years since my father had mated with that disgusting human and betrayed my mother. Over 68 years since my mother died with a broken heart and her family had blamed me for the cause of her death. They had casted me out to rule alone without a family or anyone.* He's eyes showed great sadness as he watched Kagome pulled all the pups in towards the warm fur of her stomach. Before Kagome nobody cared for him. And if they did it was because of his power, looks or lands, the minute he trusted someone they would back stab him. Though they never did live to brag about the betrayal.

Kagome had made him trust and love again. She gave him the strength to love, to care, to show emotions, to laugh and most of all to want to live. She had proven her love for him on servral occastions and he wasn't about to let his family who had abandoned him to tear them apart. No matter what he shall always love her.

He walked down the winding stairs of his castle and headed for the peaceful garden that was in full bloom. The scent of flowers and water filled his nose but it was Kagome's scent which calmed him the scent of Lavender and Melon. He feasted his eyes on the Mother who cuddled her cubs close to her with her tail and stomach. He watched as Manei sniffed his father's scent and immediately relaxed.

Sesshomaru found that he had this warm feeling when Manei had immediately put off his guard when he had smelt him. Manei rushed out from his mother's soothing embrace and hopped on all fours towards his father with a determination unknown to him. Sesshomaru had let a rare smile escape his lips as he watched the eager young pup run to him.

"Otou-san!" He squealed in happiness. All was right again his mother was saved and they were a family. He lept off the ground as he neared Sesshomaru and jumped into his father's waiting arms. He snuggled into his father's tail the fur bent against his weight creating a comfortable cocoon. He sniffed at his father's scent the scent of pine forest and purely masculine smell.

Sesshomaru walked over towards the other pups who were desperately trying to pry away from their mother's grasp and run over to their powerful father. Kagome opened one ocean depth and a smirk appeared upon her face as she continued to pretend to be sleeping.

Sora was getting annoyed. She tried to pry her mother's furry appendage away from her and escape to her father. Another of her mother's tail flopped and rested on her head and twitched with amusement. She growled and swiped at the tail but it just flopped back down on her head once again. She was red in the face as she continued to swipe at the offending fur. Soft chuckles reached her small swirving cat ears. She look behind her to see her mother laughing quietly at her kit's antics.

Sora crossed her arms to her chest and humphed pouting to make this whole ordeal even more silly. Out loud laughter increased as a tick mark appeared on Sora's blonde head. `CHOMP' `yiping' ` whining of a dog' now Kagome was nuzzling her Sora bitten tail as her daughter haughtily bounded towards her father.

Kagome now sat untransformed and pouting as she gently stroked the live fur. The tail looked like it had a mind of it's own as it raise to fold at the tip like a seven and looked at Kagome. It nuzzled Kagome's neck and puffed in content as like a cat with it's master. The tail shivered as Kagome gently smoothed it's ruffled fur. It inched towards Sesshomaru like a sneaky snake who was standing a meter away. He raised on elegant eyebrow at the tail which was trying to fool him. It inched closer and closer until it ran into something soft. Another tail. They looked like two bulls ready to head on each other as they both puffed up to show superiority. When the eyeless staring contest was won by a silver tail it winded around the white tail. By now Kagome was getting annoyed as she felt a furry creature rap it's self around her waist and tugged her beside something big and warm. She petted the fur until the thing behind her started to rumble deep in the chest. She looked up to see two amused amber colored eyes. Sesshomaru grinned as best as he could in his dog form which was pretty scary.

She nuzzled deeper into his mane as the children snuggled up to her. For once there was peace after these months of betrayal, death, blood-shed, fear, depression, despair and love. Kagome sighed in content as she put a hand to her stomach. There was still five months to go and she still haven't told Sesshomaru. She was confused at what was holding her back, but her heart told her this wasn't the time yet.

"Kagome….."said a voice demanding her attention. She looked up. " My mother's side family is coming for a visit to see my new mate and possibly to find a flaw so she could strip away my hold of Western Land. A formal ball shall be held where all the nobles and residence will be able to meet the new lady of Western Land." He gently licked her neck with his big doggy tongue.

Kagome, all she could do was nod as she got nervous. * what if she doesn't approve of me….will Sesshomaru be punished for that…..* She shook her head as she try to think of a lighter prospect.

"Sesshomaru can I please decorate the castle." His answer would have been no because he didn't want to injure the pups but she didn't know he knew so he had to give into those big blue puppy eyes. He sighed in defeat.

"THANK YOU THANK YOU." She squealed as she hugged his big muzzle. Then she turned to the children and led them away while whispering fiercely about something that they kept on looking back at Sesshomaru.

Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes at them. They were obviously plotting something and he intended to find out for nothing could get past the Great Lord of The Western Land.

……………………… …..Day before Decoration and Party/ball………………….

Kagome self-conciously tugged at her obi. She was dressed in a beautifully layered alternate white and blue forgetmenot petal kimonos. The top layer was a sheer light blue with a phoenix on the back, she had to model for the dress maker for the back design. She could still remember the awe in the man's eyes. She had light silver and blue scales on her eye lid and her white hair was piled up on her head so alternate strands cascated down her shoulders and back.

She looked at her self in the mirror and smiled confidently. She had planned this. She now had two horns of ice inside were blue fire. On her back were her white and blue wings. Her feathered fur tails lay on the floor in winter beauty. Her claws were the color of fresh snow. On her arms was the tattoo of phoenix, dragon, fox, wolf, inu, ice fionna, nymph and the symbol of god which her father was. She allowed her self to show her family symbol, for all three under kimono's sleeves were see through.

The children rushed into the room as they stopped and gasped at their mother. "you four better close your mouth before you catch enough flies to lure Jaken." She giggled. Manei and Shippo walked towards Kagome looking at her like she was the most beautiful creature.

"Momma…. You are very very beautiful." Said Sora who was wearing a light yellow kimono. Rin just squealed in happiness and she couldn't wait to see papa's face. Manei and Shippo were wearing their armor.(KOUGA OUTFIT BUT WITH PANTS AND SHIPPO'S IS WHITE WHILE MANEI"S IS BLACK)

"Well lets go into the front to meet up with your Otou-san and greet your grandmother." Kagome said pleasantly as she walked with them out of her room and walked down the endless winding stairs.

Sesshomaru's jaw dropped as he caught the site of his mate. All her crossbreed's attributes showed up and the symbol of goddess and power was upon her right arm as the symbols of her breeds were on her left. Her beautiful wings ruffled at the slight wind as she moved.

She couldn't take her eyes away from Sesshomaru. He was in a Black and blue Yaori. His armor was bigger now and the chest plate had shown his muscles. He was the perfect picture of masculine beauty.

"Hello koi." She greeted him as a smile graced her face at his reactions. His tail immediately went around one of hers as they…ahem…remembered each other well. Shippo sat on his left shoulder as Manei his right. Rin and Sora were in their mother's arms. They watched as a carriage appeared on the horizon. It stopped infront of the door to the castle where they stood. A hawk youkai slowly opened the door to reveal a woman of her fifties. She had silvery black hair with a green sakura blossom upon her forehead. She was dressed richly in silver and gold. She raised one eyebrow snobbishly towards the family and her eyes traveled to Kagome.

Kagome met her maroon gaze and set her eyes to be bold and unafraid for it was a sign of weakness to lower your eyes. The maroon eyes took in the wings, the symbols, the horns, and the beautiful and legendary creature with a slight fear. But inside she was trembling in awe at the power rolling off the disgrace's mate.

"It is good to see you alive….Sesshomaru…. who would of thought you would live to see the day you would have a mate…….. one would think you would of scared the poor demoness away." She said smirking as anger lit in his mate's eyes.

"I am Lady Narama Mother to the late Lady of the Western Lands." She stated as her eyes filled with secrets of plots and malice as she glanced at the new Lady. She will find a way to get rid of her and replace it with a mindless bitch who would hang onto her every word and one that is of………..noble blood.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT???? I'll leave it to your imagination;)