InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love in strange places ❯ Peace is just an illusion ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 26

Suki narrowed her ruby eyes as she approached the entrance of the castle of the Western Lands. She took in the picture of perfection around her. Every where unearthly beautiful birds fluttered at eye level singing their soothing song of praise. Ice sculptures shimmered in the setting rays, the bluish hued fire flickering inside giving off an air of calmness. The fire mimic of the dragons circled their head basking in the attention of their audience.

Suddenly the two statues of the Lord and Lady in Inu forms glowed as all the guests arrived. A tornado of white and blue engulfed the statues. The birds gave a cry and landed upon the lawn before the statues spreading out their wings and bowing their heads. The dragons perched upon the walls above the whirl winds and roared in respect. As quickly as the tornado came it was gone. But there stood two figures infront of the statue. She gasped at the perfection of Lord Sesshomaru. He stood tall and regal on the left side of the oak doors, below the statue of him in his true glorious form. His silver hair waved in the wind glistening as the last of the snow dust faded away. He was not dressed in his usual white armor but now in a blue and black armor with a chest plate that was engraved with a picture of an all powerful Inu fighting with a Phoenix.

Then all eyes turned to the other statue. Before them all stood the most beautiful Youkai that they had ever seen. Her white tresses flowed freely to her calf, her silvery blue eyes showed interest and mischief, her two ice blue horns stood proudly on her head. What captured their attention was the two beautiful ever flowing wings that fluttered gracefully to the ground. She was a mix breed there was no doubt about it. But the tattoos on her arms and the power rolling off of her was truly amazing. It seems that Lord Sesshomaru finally found a match equal to him.

The great oak doors opened as the host and hostess welcome their guests as they passed.

"Sssssssooooo I sssssseee you have not ride of her Sssssessshomaru?" Sesshomaru growled at the voice. "No matter there issss ssstill timmmmme."

"Hello…Suki." Kagome said through her teeth as she tried to soothed her ruffled fur. But the simple sight of Suki brought back so many unwanted memories. Pictures flashed by her eyes, scenes played before her. The pain that she had bottled up for the recent months resurfaced once more. *No! NO more I will face my fears* She hardened her eyes and stood proudly to level her eyes with Suki.

Sesshomaru sensing her struggle immediately advanced to her side and put a hand underneath her elbow while steering her to enter their home.

"I believe that we are needed for our GUESTS are growing quite impatient." He said without any emotion or signs that could of shown his irritation.

"Ofcourssssse Sessssshomaru-CHAN…. We'lllllll havvve allll the timmmme in the worlllllld….SsSsss." She purred but came out as hisses as she slithered near him and nuzzled his neck.

He growled in disgust but didn't pull away for the Southern Lord and his mate was looking at him approvingly and casting occasional glares at Kagome who shifted uncomfortably and angrily. He him self was having trouble from containing his temper. * The Isolent Whore…. Can not she see that I have already a perfect mate….* His eyes were start to bleed red. A growl of rumble came from his throat as Suki whipped her head up to stare into his red eyes. She smirked thinking that the red was lust. Then she used a hand to fling her dull red hair over her shoulder exposing her mating neck to them, while she eyed Kagome with a malice smile. Kagome's eyes widened but not because of the possible claim but because she knew Sesshomaru was not lusting after Suki but her death and blood.

While Suki's head was turned to Kagome mocking her, Sesshomaru caught her neck with a clawed hand. Before she knew it Suki was dangling from Sesshomaru's glowing claws as her parents hissed in surprise. Sesshomaru pulled his head towards her face and gave a mighty roar that shook the ground that they stood on. "Never again assume that this Sesshomaru would want to mate with a creature such as you self. This Sesshomaru has chosen his mate." With that said Kagome walked over and nuzzled his neck in a show of affection and to calm her mate. Suki hissed warningly at her, but was silent with a scuff from Sesshomaru.

"Let her go, nothing good will come out of this if you kill her." She said calmly as the red receeded back into the corners of his eyes. Kagome proceeded to put pressure on his arm until he slowly lowered the angry female to the ground. He then turned and wrapped an arm around her and gently urged her to go into the house.

" This meanssss warrrrr!" Lord Kashii hissed as he lifted his daughter up from the ground. But was quickly stopped by Suki who jumped out of his arms. "No fatherrrrr…. I was the issssolenttt oneeeee." Suki said towards her father and smiled sickenly sweet at the couple. Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes at the sudden change in her mood, even a blind man could see that she was plotting something of great size. The sincere look in her eyes did not block out the malice and hatred the burned inside like wild fire feeding on blood. Kagome shuddered and nodded her head accepting Suki's apology. A tingly sensation went down her neck, she recognized those signs, after years of dealing with her miko powers, she learned to follow her instincts and her instincts told her that this would not go well.

………………………& #8230;…………..InSide…………̷ 0;………………………… 230;..

The guests wandered in the great halls of the Western Palace. They awed at the decorating ice roses that glowed a blue hue when ever someone was near them. The soon entered the beautiful ball room which was covered in the most magnificent and contained ice forms they had ever seen. The light bounced off the snow dust making the floor look like it was covered in millions of tiny diamonds.

"Welcome…" All head turned towards the doors that which they entered in. "to the Western Land. I hope that your stay here will be pleasant. All rules of peace applies here. Mating rules are well known and any show of rebellion against it will be severely punished." Sesshomaru scanned the many faces of the crowds but he did not see his grandmother's something tugged at his heart. She was plotting something most likely.

"I would like to introduce……." Kagome stood now next to him blushing under the curious and envious stares. "Lady Kagome, Lady of the Western Land." He said with a hint of pride as she held her head higher to meet the murderous gaze of many females.

" The mating ball have officially begun." Sesshomaru announced as many youkai started to converse. He walked down the sets of snowy stairs accompanied by Kagome who was receiving many stares from the male audience but with a warning growl of Sesshomaru and a twitch of his tail they quickly turned to look at the other `Less' beautiful demoness that flung them selves at every man that had a rich and powerful back ground.

" I see you have managed to spruce up this castle …. Though it IS still slightly grubby." Stated Lady Narama who had suddenly appeared in the middle of the crowd with a smirk that immediately aroused Sesshomaru's suspisions. " Then again a demon conceived from a lord who had tastes in HUMANS could have no better taste in anything." Sesshomaru was just about to bite back until.

"Long time no see …. Sesshomaru." Said a high pitched voice that irritated him till no end. Wait. He recognized it. He knew that voice. He turned around to see a bear youkai with two fluffy ears ontop of her head and the Northern Land royal birthmark upon her forhead which was a black full moon. The youkai was dressed in an indecent blood red tube top kimono with slits on the side that ran all the way up to her waist line! She had a dull brown eyes that some how looked like Suki and his grandmothers. She had black and red hair that fell to her ankles. He had seen her once and it was when he was younger and went to the western land, he immediately did not like her for she thought her self to be the most beautiful creature.

"Don't you remember me? Its Lakasu." She purred as she batted her eyelashes at him meaningly. Kagome observed this with shock and confusion. How did she know him and why is he so surprised that she's here. So many doubts came into her mind.

" What is the meaning of this?" He pulled Kagome closer to show the wench that he had a mate. But all she did was frown and glare at Kagome then sluttishly walked over to his side.

" Oh don't you remember? Of course not…. Lakasu was chosen as one of your possible mate when you were young." Narama answered mirth in her very eyes as Sesshomaru's eyes started to bleed red. But before he could cut her off she continued. " though you have a mate… it is Youkai law that any possible mates that were arranged before hand could have 2 weeks to stay with their prospect mate and has an equal opportunity." She finished it off with a laugh that was so cold towards Kagome she felt as if a ghost has passed through her.

She looked questionly at Sesshomaru for she did not know of the Youkai laws. Sesshomaru was busy glaring at Narama to notice the murderous glares that Lakasu was sending Kagome. She stepped closer to Kagome. " you might be his mate now but it is when you stand beside a noble that you look your SHABBIEST!" she whispered fiercely. Kagome felt like bandange that she had wrapped around her heart was teared leaving a wounded soul to gather it's pieces.

SRRY I COULDN"T UPDATE LATELY. COMPUTER PROBLEMS. I CAN"T EVEN OPEN MY E"MAIL!!!!! PLEASE REVIEW:*(