InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love Knows No Bounds ❯ Sesshomaru meets Sharla and Sharla meets Koga. ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love Knows No Bounds
By: Tahra Russell
Chapter 1: Sesshomaru meets Sharla and Sharla meets Koga.
Frowning, Sesshomaru paused and sniffed the air. Rin hid her face in his boa.
 
“What is wrong Lord Sesshomaru?” asked Jaken seeing the look on Sesshomaru's face.
 
“We are being followed.” replied Sesshomaru facing Jaken.
 
“Followed?!” said Jaken, “By who?”
 
“I do not know,” answered Sesshomaru, “but I do know that who ever is following us is a half demon.”
 
Turning around Sesshomaru continued walking and Jaken followed. Neither noticed that Rin had stopped to pick a flower. They were quite a bit closer to their destination when they heard Rin scream. Sesshomaru spun around and took off running in the direction they had come from. When he got closer to Rin he smelled the overpowering scent of demon blood. When Sesshomaru finally reached Rin, he found a strange woman kneeling next to her. He also saw what remained of a demon snake. Sesshomaru took it in at a glance and knelt next to Rin.
 
“Are you alright, Rin?” asked Sesshomaru softly.
 
“Yes, I'm alright, Lord Sesshomaru.” replied Rin, “I'm sorry for getting separated from you. I won't do it again.”
 
“Good!” snapped the woman, “You are lucky I was hunting the snake. If I had not been you'd be dead!”
 
Rin started to cry and Sesshomaru glared at the woman like he was going to kill her.
 
“Who do you think you are upsetting Rin like this, half breed?!” yelled Sesshomaru.
 
“I think I am the one who saved your friend's life! I am Sharla Mihayle Calietryi. Even though you are right and I am a half demon I do not appreciate being called a half breed. I'd advise you to never do it again!” hissed Sharla, eyes red and fangs exposed.
 
Then, as if Sesshomaru didn't exist, Sharla stood up and began to walk away. Without realizing that he was doing it, Sesshomaru stood up and started following her. Rin and Jaken followed Sesshomaru. Sharla's keen hearing picked up the sound of many paws striking the ground. Instantly Sharla dropped into an attack position. Seconds later a wolf demon came skidding to a stop three feet away from Sharla, whose eyes had turned back to gold.
 
The wolf demon looked at Sharla and said, “I am Koga and get out of my way!”
 
“I will move when I please.” replied Sharla coolly.
 
“If you will not move then I will make you move!” said Koga getting ready to attack Sharla.
 
“Don't make me laugh!” replied Sharla with an evil snicker, “As if you could do anything to me that would make me step aside for an arrogant demon like you!!! Although the words `Please move' might help.”
 
Koga glared at Sharla and snapped, “Fine. Please move!!! I have to find Inuyasha!”
 
“Certainly.” said Sharla moving so Koga could get by, “Although you won't find him in the direction you're headed.”
 
“How do you know?” asked Koga and Sesshomaru simultaneously.
 
“I encountered a half demon in the village up ahead when I passed through earlier. One of his companions called him Inuyasha.” replied Sharla.
 
“Thanks!” called Koga as he took off in the direction of the village.
 
“Fascinating.” remarked Sharla pulling a string of beads out of her sash and putting it on Sesshomaru.
 
Sharla started off towards the village again with Sesshomaru, Rin, and Jaken following her.
Love Knows No Bounds
By: Tahra Russell
Chapter 2: A Bowl of Gravy
As they walked Sesshomaru realized that Sharla looked a lot like him. She had the same eyes, the same style, length, and color of hair, and the same piercing gaze.
 
Sharla felt Sesshomaru looking at her and asked, “What is it about me that is causing you to stare at me?”
 
“I realized that you and I are very much alike.” replied Sesshomaru, “Why do you look like me?”
 
“I am a shifter. I can look like anyone or anything I wish. When I am imitating someone or something I look, speak, and act like the person or thing I am imitating.” answered Sharla, “This, however, is my human form. This is how I normally look.”
 
To that Sesshomaru had no response. When they entered the village Sharla walked up to a building. They could hear shouting coming from inside.
 
“Wait here a moment. When you hear your name come in.” said Sharla stepping into the building and closing the door.
 
Sharla entered the dining room and walked into utter chaos. Food objects were flying back and forth between Inuyasha and Koga.
 
“Damn it, Inuyasha! You're not much of a tracker if you can't find the damn mint bush!” yelled Koga dodging a loaf of bread.
 
“That's it!!!” yelled Inuyasha picking up a bowl of gravy.
 
Inuyasha threw the bowl at Koga's head, Koga ducked, and the bowl landed upside down on what looked like Sesshomaru's head. Brown gravy trickled down `his' cheek. Inuyasha and Koga stared at the newcomer.
 
“OH SHIT!!!” cried Inuyasha.
 
“IT'S SESSHOMARU, RUN!!!” screamed Koga.
 
Both headed for the door as fast as they could, then slid to a stop as Sesshomaru walked in. Just then Kagome, Shippo, Sango, and Miroku walked out of the kitchen. All four were confused, two Sesshomaru's? Kagome took one look at the scattered food and glared at Inuyasha.
 
“Why is it when something happens you look at me!” cried Inuyasha, “I did not start it!!!”
 
“If I may interrupt this `fascinating' conversation,” said Sesshomaru, “why don't we sit down and figure out who the hell started this.”
 
“That's a good idea.” said Kagome.
 
“Aw hell no…” cried Inuyasha trying to get past his brother.
 
“Inuyasha, sit!” said Kagome.
 
Inuyasha was forced to the floor doing a face plant. Sesshomaru looked at the beads around his neck, then at the ones around his brother's neck, put two and two together, and tried to get the beads off.
 
Sharla looked at Sesshomaru and said, “They are not the same kind as Inuyasha's. The beads I gave you simply nullify the peculiar effect I have on men.”
 
Sesshomaru acted as though he hadn't been trying to get the beads off at all, but had simply been trying to look at them. Inuyasha looked like he was going to say something, when Sharla pulled a bead necklace out of her sash and threw it to Sango. When Sango put it on Miroku, he looked around like he didn't know where he was and scratched his head.
 
Inuyasha looked at Sharla and said, “If you have that kind of effect on men, then why isn't Shippo affected?”
 
“He is a child.” said Sesshomaru.
 
“What about Koga?” asked Inuyasha.
 
“Koga is interested in only one woman.” replied Sharla.
 
“Another thing,” said Inuyasha, “Why am I not affected?”
 
“You are already bound to Kagome by the prayer beads you are wearing. If you were not wearing them then you would be affected.” answered Sharla, “Anything else Inuyasha?”
 
“Just two.” said Inuyasha, “Who the hell are you and why do you look like my brother?”
 
“I am a shifter. I can turn myself into anyone or anything. This, however, is my human form. This is how I normally look and if you'll notice I have neither the crescent moon nor the stripes like your brother does.” replied Sharla, “Lastly my name is Sharla Mihayle Calietryi. Now that I've told you about myself…”
 
“Except for that fact that you're a half breed…” said Sesshomaru.
 
WHAM!!!
 
Sharla's foot connected with Sesshomaru's jaw sending him flying backwards into the wall. Sharla hauled him to his feet.
 
“I TOLD YOU NEVER TO CALL ME A HALF BREED AGAIN!!!” yelled Sharla eyes red.
 
“I'm sorry!” said Sesshomaru, “I did not mean to call you that. You have a right to be angry with me. It will not happen again, I promise!”
“It better not,” said Sharla as her eyes turned gold once more, “because the last demon who said they wouldn't and did never saw my claws coming until they took his head off. Now sit!!!”
 
Not wanting to make her angry again, Sesshomaru sat down. Sharla brushed the gravy off her head. Everyone else followed suit and sat down on the floor. Sharla sat down next to Sesshomaru, who moved a little bit farther away from her.
 
“Now will someone tell me what is going on here?!” asked Sharla, “I know it has something to do with a mint bush, but that's it.”
 
“Kagome asked me to bring her some mint leaves,” said Inuyasha, “but since I've never heard of mint before I had no clue what mint leaves even looked like. I spent two hours looking before Koga showed up.”
 
“I saw him picking leaves off bushes and tasting them, so I asked what he was doing.” said Koga.
 
“I so pissed off about having to find something when I didn't even know what it looked like,” said Inuyasha, “that when Koga started laughing when I told him I was looking for mint leaves, I said `the hell with it' and stalked back inside.”
 
“I picked a few mint leaves and ran into the kitchen to give them to Kagome. Then I went into the dining room.” said Koga.
 
“Where you proceeded to insult me by calling me a mongrel, a half breed demon, and a useless mutt.” finished Inuyasha.
 
“So it actually wasn't Inuyasha's fault after all. It was Koga who started it.” said Sesshomaru.
 
“I do not blame you for being furious at being called those things.” said Sharla, “Considering what happens when I am called a half breed, Koga is lucky it was only food…”
 
Sharla stiffened and sniffed the air.
 
A low growl escaped her throat as she breathed one word, “Naraku!”
 
Then with no other warning Sharla bolted out the door followed closely by Sesshomaru. In the middle of the dusty street, silhouetted by the sunset stood Naraku.
Love Knows No Bounds
By: Tahra Russell
Chapter3: You should've killed Me when you had the Chance!!!
“I must say I did not expect to find you here,” said Naraku, “and in the company of a demon no less.”
 
“Bastard!!!” yelled Sharla, “How dare you speak to me after what you did to me! Instead of killing me I was turned into a half demon by your poison claws!! Now it is time for me to reclaim what you have stolen from me!! I want my powers back!!!”
 
Sharla leapt into the air and pulled out a sword, which burned with gold fire.
 
“Behold the Sword of Kings, a blade which cannot be used nor held by any save me! Now to finish you once and for all!” yelled Sharla, “Celestial Fire Storm!!!”
 
Inuyasha and the others got outside just in time to hear this. Sesshomaru stared as the flames leapt from Sharla's sword and slammed Naraku into a brick wall. When the flames receded Naraku dusted the soot off and cracked his knuckles.
 
“DAMN!!!” thought Sharla, “I'm not strong enough! If only I had all of my powers…At least the Celestial Fire Storm destroyed his ability to regenerate those fucking tentacles.”
 
“Is that the best you can do?” inquired Naraku flinging Sharla thirty feet with one hand, “You seem weaker than when we first fought.”
 
“Damn you to hell, Naraku!” yelled Sharla throwing her sword to the ground and extending her claws, “I'm going to rip you to shreds!!!”
 
“If you can get close enough.” said Naraku with an evil smile.
 
Instead of launching herself at Naraku, Sharla walked around him searching for a weak spot. There wasn't one to be seen.
 
“Looking for something?” asked Naraku.
 
“A way to kill you.” said Sharla.
 
“You should have killed me when you had the chance.” said Naraku.
 
“There will be another soon enough. All I need is a shard of the sacred jewel and I will be at full power.” said Sharla.
 
“A shard?!” replied Naraku, “I have many.”
 
Naraku held out a closed hand and opened it. Three shards lay in his palm. Sharla walked up to Naraku and looked him in the eyes.
 
“Sharla don't!!!” cried Sesshomaru.
 
Sharla struck Naraku's hand knocking the three shards to the ground.
 
“I will find my own shards! I will never take any from you!!!” snapped Sharla.
 
As Naraku knelt down to retrieve the shards Sharla pulled a stone from her sash.
 
When Naraku stood up Sharla threw the stone at Naraku and yelled, “Quartz Teleporter!!!”
 
The stone struck Naraku in the chest and he disappeared in a puff of smoke. Sharla retrieved her sword and put it back in its sheath. Then she turned to Sesshomaru.
 
“Thank you for your concern, Sesshomaru, but you do not need to worry about me.” said Sharla.
 
“Where did you send Naraku?” asked Shippo.
 
“I do not know.” replied Sharla, “He could be anywhere. When I had all my powers I used to be able to send them anywhere I wanted, but when I was poisoned I lost the ability to choose their destination. For all I know he could be just outside the village or five thousand miles away.”
 
“So what are you going to do?” asked Koga, “Where will you find a shard of the jewel?”
 
“To be honest I haven't a clue.” admitted Sharla.
 
Koga sat down and started to remove the shards in his legs, but Sharla stopped him.
 
“You need those to protect your pack and your people.” said Sharla without looking at him, “Keep them.”
 
Then Sharla turned around and said, “I would like to speak to Inuyasha and Sesshomaru alone. If you two would follow me.”
Love Knows No Bounds
By: Tahra Russell
Chapter 4: What went Before
Sharla stood on the edge of a cliff staring out at the ocean. Her back was to Inuyasha and Sesshomaru who were seated on the ground. For almost ten minutes she said nothing. Then turning to face Inuyasha and Sesshomaru, Sharla sat down.
 
“There is more to the story of how I came to be as I am now. I will try to keep it as short as I can, but I do not want the others to know what I am going to tell you. Will you keep this between the three of us?” asked Sharla.
 
“Of course.” said Sesshomaru.
 
Inuyasha just nodded.
 
“Long before any of you ever met Naraku, back when he was fully human I mean, I knew him very well.” said Sharla, “I am his cousin.”
 
Inuyasha started to say something but stopped when Sharla held up a hand.
 
“I was born a full demon and by some quirk of nature he was born human. Incidentally because he envied my powers he set out to find a demon that would make him powerful. He became a fugitive and while escaping he was climbing a cliff, lost his hold, and fell breaking both his legs. It was while he couldn't move that he was possessed by demons. He came after me and during a battle struck me with his claws poisoning me. The poison was supposed to kill me but instead turned me into a half demon. Since I was not a full demon I lost most of my powers. Knowing that I was not strong enough to defeat him I fled. I have lived in hiding for almost eighty years. A few weeks ago I came out of hiding hoping that I might be strong enough to finish the battle we began nearly eighty years ago. As it turns out, all of you bear witness to it, the side effects are permanent. I believe the only way to restore my powers is by using a shard of the Shikon Jewel. I have killed countless demons in my search for a piece and haven't encountered any that possessed a piece of it. In fact you are the only ones I know of, besides Naraku, that have any…” said Sharla, “OH SHIT!!!”
 
Sharla flung herself, Inuyasha, and Sesshomaru out of the way just as an enormous tree landed in the exact spot they had been sitting. Standing where the tree had been was Naraku.
Love Knows No Bounds
By: Tahra Russell
Chapter 5: Sesshomaru's Tears
“Damn it!!” yelled Sharla, “That bastard doesn't know when to quit!!! Now I am officially pissed off!!!”
 
Sharla bolted towards Naraku, claws extended, and slashed at him with her claws. He collapsed in a pile of cloth.
 
“What the hell?!” said Sharla in confusion.
 
Suddenly Sharla was seized from behind and flung into a tree, collapsing at the base. As she tried to get to her feet Naraku stepped towards her, lifted her into the air with his tail, and threw her again. Looking towards where Inuyasha and Sesshomaru had landed Sharla noticed that both were unconscious and bleeding. The problem was that Sesshomaru was the only one close enough to be of any help. Sharla tried to reach him but was thrown against a tree for a third time.
 
“Damn it!” thought Sharla, “I can't take much more of this!”
 
Sharla struggled to her feet, dodged a swipe from Naraku's tail, and ran over to Sesshomaru.
 
Sharla dropped to the ground by his side and shook him, “Wake up! Please wake up!! I need help!!!”
 
Sesshomaru moaned, opened his eyes slowly, and said, “Sh…Sharla?”
 
Naraku's tail whipped around Sharla's waist, yanked her away from Sesshomaru, and threw her at a fourth tree.
 
“HELP ME!!!” screamed Sharla, “SESSHOMARU HELP!!!”
 
Sharla struck the tree and collapsed at the base unconscious. Naraku was so intent on finishing Sharla off that he didn't see Sesshomaru as he slowly got to his feet. In fact Naraku didn't even know Sesshomaru was awake until he was impaled by Sesshomaru's claws. Sesshomaru lifted Naraku into the air and threw him off the cliff.
 
“I'll be back!!!” yelled Naraku before he vanished in a puff of smoke.
 
Sesshomaru staggered over to Sharla and sank to his knees. He checked to see if she was still alive and found that she was, but also found her to be bleeding very badly. Sesshomaru knew that if he didn't get her some help fast she would die. Hearing a noise behind him Sesshomaru looked, saw that Inuyasha was getting to his feet, and turned back to Sharla. Sesshomaru slipped his left arm underneath Sharla's arms and slid his fluff under her knees. Sesshomaru stood up and turned to Inuyasha.
 
“We must get back to the village!!!” said Sesshomaru.
 
“What happened?” asked Inuyasha swaying unsteadily.
 
“Naraku!” replied Sesshomaru, “I'm going to kill that son of a bitch!!!”
Sesshomaru turned and ran as fast as he dared, trying not to injure her any more that she already was. When Sesshomaru entered the village he nearly collided with Koga. Sesshomaru slid to a stop gasping for breath.
 
“What the hell did you do?!” asked Koga looking at Sharla who lay limp in Sesshomaru's arms.
 
“N…Not m…me!” rasped Sesshomaru, “Na…Naraku!!!”
 
Koga stared in disbelief.
 
Sesshomaru finally got his breath back and bellowed, “DAMN IT YOU STUPID MANGY WOLF!!! GO GET HELP!!!”
 
Koga took one look at Sesshomaru's face and took off like a scared jackrabbit. Inuyasha arrived just as Koga came back with Sango, Kaede, and Kagome. Sango took Sharla from Sesshomaru and carried her into the inn. After laying Sharla on a bed Sango left her with Kaede and Kagome. As Sango left Inuyasha and Sesshomaru walked in. Sesshomaru waited until the two women had finished cleaning and wrapping Sharla's wounds before he approached.
 
“How bad is she?” asked Sesshomaru looking at Sharla.
 
“She has lost much blood.” replied Kaede not looking at him.
 
“Will she live?” asked Sesshomaru in a strained voice.
 
“I can not say for certain.” answered Kaede, “It depends on how much injury she received inside.”
 
Kaede looked up at Sesshomaru and saw that he was bleeding from a deep cut on his upper left arm. She looked at Inuyasha and saw that he was bleeding from a gash on his forehead. Kaede motioned towards two chairs indicating they should sit. Sesshomaru sank into the chair grateful just to be alive. Inuyasha decided he didn't want to sit in the chair and headed for the door. Kagome picked up the chair and set it down in front of the door.
 
“Inuyasha,” said Kagome, “sit.”
 
Once again Inuyasha was forced to the floor doing a face plant. Kagome sat in front of him and proceeded to tend the gash on his forehead. Meanwhile Kaede cleaned the cut on Sesshomaru's arm and wrapped it up. When they were finished Kaede and Kagome left the room. Picking up his chair Sesshomaru carried it over to the bedside, and sat down. Inuyasha looked on in amazement as Sesshomaru took Sharla's hand. Inuyasha got the feeling that he wasn't supposed to be seeing what he was seeing, but he was still under the effect of the “sit” spell, so he had no choice since he couldn't move. Slowly Inuyasha became aware of the sound of crying and looked up just in time to see a tear trickle down Sesshomaru's cheek and fall to the bed.
Inuyasha stared in shock and disbelief.
 
“I'm sorry, Sharla.” whispered Sesshomaru, “I should have been paying attention when you said that you couldn't control where you sent Naraku. If I had you would not be in this condition. It is all my fault, please…forgive me.”
 
Sesshomaru lifted Sharla's hand to his lips and kissed it. Then he laid it gently back on the bed. Inuyasha, who could finally move, stood up and walked to his brother's side. Inuyasha placed a hand on Sesshomaru's shoulder.
 
“It is not all your fault, Sesshomaru.” said Inuyasha, “I was not paying attention either. It is also my fault.”
 
Sesshomaru looked slightly embarrassed that Inuyasha had heard what he'd said. Inuyasha walked over to the empty chair, picked it up, and set it down beside his brother's.
 
As Inuyasha sat down he said, “We will watch over her together.”
 
Sesshomaru could only nod and the two brothers sat side by side looking at the woman who had brought them together.
Love Knows No Bounds
By: Tahra Russell
Chapter 6: Can I call you Fluffy?
As they stood looking into Sharla's room, Kagome turned to Kaede and asked, “How long have they been sitting there?”
 
“Five days.” replied Kaede, “They have not moved from those chairs in five days.”
 
“They must feel responsible for what happened to her.” said Kagome.
 
Moving quietly, so as not to disturb them, the two women crept away. A few minutes later Sharla's eyes fluttered open and slowly looked around the room. Sharla's eyes settled on the two brothers, both of them eyes closed and sleeping, or so she thought. When she tried to sit up, Sesshomaru's eyes snapped open and he helped her to do so.
 
Rubbing her forehead, Sharla asked, “How long was I out?”
 
“Five days.” replied Sesshomaru, “How do you feel?”
 
“How do I feel?!” said Sharla, “I got my ass kicked by Naraku and you're asking how I feel?! I feel like shit dumbass!!!”
 
“I…I'm sorry.” said Sesshomaru softly.
 
Sharla looked at Sesshomaru, read the concern in his eyes, and instantly regretted what she'd called him.
 
“I'm sorry Sesshomaru…I didn't mean to say that to you. You saved my life and for that I am very grateful. Can you forgive me?” said Sharla.
 
“I can and I have.” answered Sesshomaru kissing her on the forehead, “I must also ask you for forgiveness.”
 
“Why?” asked Sharla, “You've done nothing wrong.”
 
“If I had listened, when you said that you could not control where Naraku was sent, you would not be as you now are.” Sesshomaru replied, “You would not have been hurt…I feel responsible for what happened.”
 
“In other words you feel guilty because I got hurt.” said Sharla.
 
“Yes.” Sesshomaru admitted.
 
“Don't.” said Sharla, “It is not your fault nor is it your brother's fault. It is mine. I, myself, did not heed what I had said. I alone led you so far away from the village. I put all three of us in danger. You do not need my forgiveness, I need your forgiveness,” Sharla looked at Inuyasha who was sleeping, “and your brother's when he wakes up.”
 
“But…” began Sesshomaru.
 
“NO!!!” yelled Sharla waking up Inuyasha, who jerked upright in surprise, “IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT!!!”
 
Sharla slumped against the headboard none too gently and said in a much softer voice, “Do not blame yourselves.”
 
Inuyasha looked at Sesshomaru and asked, “What did I miss?”
 
“I am sorry for yelling, but it really wasn't your fault Sesshomaru nor was it your fault Inuyasha that I got hurt. I neglected to pay attention to my surroundings and as a result I was hurt.” said Sharla, “I forgive you both even though you did nothing wrong.”
 
“Thank you.” said Sesshomaru and Inuyasha.
 
Sharla closed her eyes and appeared to be asleep. Inuyasha got up and started off to tell the others that she would be alright, but stopped in his tracks as Sharla spoke again.
 
“Can I ask you a personal question, Sesshomaru, without you getting mad?” asked Sharla with her eyes still closed.
 
“Of course.” replied Sesshomaru.
 
Sharla opened her eyes, looked up into Sesshomaru's eyes, and asked innocently, “Can I call you Fluffy?”
 
“I can't believe she asked that!” thought Inuyasha, “He's going to kill her! That name always makes him mad!!!”
 
Sesshomaru and Sharla stared at each other for a moment then burst out laughing.
 
Even though he was laughing, Sesshomaru managed to reply, “I don't care…I'm…just happy that…you're alive!!!”
 
They were still laughing when everyone, including Koga, walked in.
 
Kagome saw the bewildered look on Inuyasha's face and asked, “What's wrong Inuyasha?”
 
“Trust me,” said Inuyasha herding them towards the door, “You do NOT want to know!!!”
 
Koga, never one to be pushed around by anyone, turned and snapped, “Oh yes we do!!!”
 
Fortunately Inuyasha didn't have to answer. Sharla and Sesshomaru did it for him.
 
“You look tired.” said Sesshomaru, “I think I'll leave and let you get some rest.”
 
“I am.” replied Sharla, with a yawn, laying down once more, and closing her eyes.
 
Just as Sesshomaru was going out the door Sharla said, “I'll see you in the morning, Fluffy.”
 
All Sesshomaru did was smile.
 
Love Knows No Bounds
By: Tahra Russell
Chapter 7: A Power Restored Through Love
When Sharla woke up the next morning she thought something felt different. When she stood up and looked in the mirror Sharla KNEW what it was that was different. Reflected in the mirror was the four point star that had been on her forehead eighty years ago. Sharla touched it cautiously thinking that it was an illusion. When she removed her hand and it was still there Sharla realized it wasn't an illusion at all. Sharla pushed her hair back and found her ears were pointed again and the two pairs of lavender stripes had returned as well. Sharla bolted out the door nearly knocking Inuyasha off his feet. Without stopping Sharla ran outside looking for Sesshomaru, spotted him coming up the street, and literally ran into him knocking them both to the ground. As Sesshomaru tried to get up he looked into Sharla's eyes and saw the sparkle in them. Already knowing what he would find, Sesshomaru reached up and brushed Sharla's hair out of her face revealing the four point star.
 
“How the hell…” began Sesshomaru.
 
He never finished because Sharla leaned forward and kissed him on the mouth, thus preventing him from saying anything else.
 
When Sharla pulled away she told him, “When I was poisoned I became filled with hate. I thought that the only way to regain my powers was by using a piece of the Shikon Jewel. How could I have known when I met you that the only way to really regain my powers was by falling in love with someone. Even if I had known that I would regain my powers if I fell in love, I would never have dreamed that I would fall in love with someone like you. Last night was the first time in nearly eighty years that I have laughed like that. I realized this morning when I saw my star that I did love you! What was taken away by hate was restored through love! Thank you!”
 
“I have something to tell you.” said Sesshomaru.
 
“What?” asked Sharla leaning forward once more.
 
“I…” said Sesshomaru.
 
Before he could finish what he had been going to say he was picked up by something slender and thrown fifty yards, demolishing a hut.
 
Sensing it coming Sharla moved with lightning fast reflexes and grabbed Naraku's tail before he could throw her too. Stunned by how fast she had moved Naraku barely had time to register that Sharla held his tail before he was thrown through the air. As he got to his feet Naraku saw the gleaming star on Sharla's forehead and knew that he would have to retreat or he would be killed. Before he could react much less retreat Sharla's sword was in her hand and blazing with gold fire.
 
“If you want to live you will return the stolen half of the Shikon Jewel to its rightful owner or else.” said Sharla.
 
“Or else what?” snarled Naraku.
 
“Or else you die!!!” screamed Sharla.
 
“I'd like to see you try and kill me!!” said Naraku.
 
“So be it!!!” said Sharla throwing aside her sword.
 
The first thing that appeared was a huge golden tail. That was the only part of her transformation that Naraku saw before there was a brilliant flash of gold fire. When the flames receded, where Sharla had been there stood an enormous gold dog standing a full nine feet tall.
 
“OH SHIT!!!” said Naraku as he was thrown through a hut by one huge paw.
 
Sharla then picked him up in her jaws and shook him hard. The stolen half of the Shikon Jewel slipped from around Naraku's neck and fell to the ground. Naraku looked terrified and when Sharla's fangs pierced his flesh he screamed.
 
The last thing he heard, before Sharla cut him in two was, Sharla growling, “You wanted to see me try to kill you and now I WILL kill you!!!”
 
Sharla bit down fangs slicing through Naraku's body cutting him in two. Sharla spat out Naraku's corpse in a spray of blood and returned to human form. No sooner had she done so than she was knocked down by Naraku's rapidly retreating soul. He would need to either make or find himself a new body before ever attempting to take back the Shikon Jewel. There would be plenty of time left for that later, all that concerned him at the moment was escaping. By the time Sharla stood up Naraku was gone. Sharla didn't care all her attention was focused on the ruined hut that Sesshomaru had landed in. Sharla staggered over and began digging, flinging boards left and right. It took her twenty minutes to dig Sesshomaru out and lay him in the street. He wasn't breathing and had almost no pulse. Suppressing tears Sharla lifted his head and kissed his lips. After laying his head back on the ground Sharla placed her hand on the stump of his right arm. For a moment nothing happened, and then gold fire began to spread over Sesshomaru's body. As the flames engulfed him he began breathing again. When the flames dissipated Sesshomaru opened his eyes. Sesshomaru sat up, rubbed his legs, and froze. Looking down Sesshomaru realized that not only had Sharla brought him back from the brink of death, but had also restored his right arm. Looking up he saw Sharla collapse on the ground unconscious. Realizing she had used her remaining strength to heal him, Sesshomaru knew that words were not necessary. He did not need to tell Sharla that he loved her, somehow she already knew, but as Sesshomaru lifted her in his arms he vowed to tell her anyway, the moment she woke up. He would tell her every day for as long as he lived right up to the day he died.
 
Epilogue: Two years later
As Inuyasha watched the horse drawn carriage roll away he reflected back on just how much his brother had changed. The change had started when Sesshomaru or Fluffy, , as he now liked to be called, but only by his wife Sharla, had first met Sharla. After that day the change had happened fast and his brother had fallen in love. Now two years later as he watched his brother and his new wife ride off, Inuyasha knew, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that he already had what his brother had just found. Resolutely Inuyasha walked over to Kagome, knelt down, and told her that he loved her. The last thing we see as the sun sets is Inuyasha wrap his arms around Kagome, pull her close, and kiss her.
 
 
OSWARI
(The End)
{For Now}